Overlord thread

Stop discriminating Evil alignments.
All alignments are beautiful!
Renner will be celebrated as Hero and Savior of the Re-Estize Kingdom.
Don't drag TL quality flame here.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ih6M7QBf
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2114075
overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/File:Overlord_7_spread2.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What character am I if I do both good or evil things?

Who is best girl and why is it Albedo?

Depends on why I think, what was about that thought experiments where you have to let the whole orphanage burn or an army of demons will descend on world and destroy it?

Every alignment have a definition in DnD, I think Lawful Good won't be able to kill the orphans and keep the alignment, while everybode else will be.

True neutral or chaotic neutral. Also, technically, all alignments can do both but they don't usually do so.

It's obviously Shalltear.

I think chaotic evil would lose their alignment as well if they did good things.

Eh, how do you count a "good deed" in DnD?
If you save a ship of sinking refugees only to have more sacrifices fuel your city-wide magic ritual later - does first action count as good?

How do you determine the quality if any deed? It's pretty much up to the DM.

>up to the DM
>not letting dice to roll intensifies

Chaotic part always confuses me. I know that lawful characters follow "the code" but how would not following it work?

>not being a DM and using fake dice rolls just to psychologically torture your players or blame fake dice rolls for your completely shitty treatment of your players
The first thing I learned as a DM is to make fake dice rolls all the time. Players always start freaking.

It's basically morality (individual gut feeling) versus ethics (established group rules).

>rollplaying
>not roleplaying

>Renner
>chaotic
>neutral
No. She is Lawful Evil.

>No chaotic lawful group.
Shit alignments.

>Lawful Evil
And what code she cares about?
I didn't get the expression that she cares about any rules at all.
Maybe only valuing Climb could count.

anyone have a link to the old translated versions?

>expression
*impression FML

>chaotic lawful

Basically it determines how the characters try to be good or evil. Lawful means they express their good, evil, or neutrality through a group or cooperatively. Chaotic means they do so individually. Neutral could go either way or both.

So she's Deviant Evil?

Are those old enough for you?

>He doesn't know about the "Lawful" (only) alignment.
Try assembling the Rod of Seven parts and see what happens to your character.

yes please!

Did DnD abandoning the law-chaos/good-evil axis work out in the long run? I mean the biggest issues from it is Lawful Good being treated as Lawful Stupid, Chaotic Neutral being the "I don't care about RP" zone, and Chaotic Evil being Chaotic Stupid

I want Clem back bad, when will So-bin magic finally deliver?
>CATCLEM FANFIC V1.2.1
pastebin.com/ih6M7QBf
You might want to read the fanfic until the very end.

thanks so much

>inhuman heteromorph only PK guild
>born out of resistance of heteromorphs to human Players PKing them
>Engrave hatred towards humans almost in every NPC in the Nazarick
>Create a human NPC
Why couldn't those no-lifers from AOG be consistent and create no human guild?
With Lastborn they created a precedent that allowed that hypocrite lizard gigolo Sebas to bring his throt Tsuare and drag her filth all over the glorious SB domain.

>Create a human NPC
Who?

Personally, I don't think the axis alignment system is all that bad as it is. DMs and players just have problems roleplaying a lot of the time. Sometimes that means getting too stuck in the idea of being boxed into your alignment, and other times it means not playing the alignment well. Really, in the end it is just a loose structure for identifying a character's morality and values in a world of definite moralities and values. A world that can affect you based on them too. Flawed, sure, but workable

lastborn

He's talking about Lastborn, but do we really even know her race yet? Do we know for a fact that she is human?

Pleiades 7th sister.
Immortal 100lvl human, supposedly Cherry Blossom Area Guardian.
Looks like default Miko, never leaves Nazarick, chills at 8th floor, controls Teleport and Gates in Tomb, protects staff of AOG.

You mean Aureole Omega? She's not a typical human. She's an immortal.

Yes, it's been said somewhere in LN that she is human, albeit immortal one so everyone give her a discount for that point too.

A humie is a humie, immortal or not.

Reminder

>100lvl human
>100lvl
Nice headcanon

Stop it:

Pretty sure it was specified somewhere in LN too.

Have you tried reading the bottom of the pictures ?

Calm down and enjoy, Jircniv.

user, even though I posted those pics - those are likely fanart, not official art.

It is not specified who that is.

>Maruyama constantly hints along the lines
>Miko there miko here
>Girl in cherry blossom garden watches you when you teleport
>She's an exception since she's immortal human
>You can't activate the 7-star pleiades without Ainz approval
>Cherry Blossom Area Guardian safekeeping AOG staff

You've got to be able to make conclusions on this level user, don't be that "it's headcanon because author did not state it directly" kind of shit.

You forget to add that she fuck kitsunes all day and have yokoi subordinates

Probably most chill job of all guardians
>never leave Nazarick created by your beloved SB
>protect most magnificent and important item SB ever created
>control teleports in Nazarick so no one drags you into politics lest they end up in Kyouhukou den on their way to lunch
>get to fuck cute youkai kitsune shotas all day long
>enjoy Cherry Blossom all year long
>get to hang out with Rubedo, Victim and whatever the fuck else inhabits 8th floor

Albeit the interactions are probably limited to a few word you have time to say before they rush you.

Why does this pic make me so hard?

What does the Empire being a Vassal State actually entail?

Depends of the treaty. Can just be "no foreign policy without telling us". or it can be "you rule yourself but all our laws must be followed".

Whatever the Empire wants. Usually it's obedience or tribute in return for protection.

>Whatever the Empire wants
Did you mean SKAOG?

Yes. My bad. But with Ainz who knows?

Fanart art? So your saying that images is a fanart then?

Why do you have to wait until the author say so. Some in his blog or interview, he was surprised that no one is shocked that Renner was affiliated to Nazarick since there was hint in Vol. 5-6, the readers wasn't surprised of this development.

I like Overlord He-Man better.

Any confirmation on what day in august this book is coming out? I'll probably buy it and take shitty pictures with my phone if no one else does

>danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2114075
>ainz ooal gown, albedo, aura bella fiora, cocytus, demiurge, and others (overlord (maruyama)) drawn by so-bin
>overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/File:Overlord_7_spread2.jpg

It seems to be official So-bin art, wasn't able to find it on his twitter.

>Any confirmation on what day in august this book is coming out?
>on what day in august this book is coming out
>on what day in august
>august

You wish.

isnt it? I thought it was august 2017, the last LN said

It remains to be seen, but judging by the lack of any kind of PR or Amazin preorders - those were author's personal dates and publisher thinks different.
Maybe they'll wait for S2 and then release 2 volumes to boost the profits.

>having to wait for an anime only just announced last season until another volume
Why live?

S2 made by NUTS?

It's from Vol 7, of course he wouldn't publish it on his twitter.

I remember that artwork being around when the translation started (around vol 8).

One more month until volume 12. Anyone else excited?

Yes. No. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

I am excited since it was confirmed that it will be a 2-volume-long arc.

>1 month
How do you know?
There are no advertisement and August is tomorrow.

Who were other two AOG members who came online on the last day of Yggdrasil?

Herohero was one. Don't know the other.

It's probably a full month from now or early Sept.

>probably

I cope by RP-ing as Ainz in games, took me ages to get a proper nick though.

What games that might be?

Master of Magic or Eternal League of Nefia(Can go wild with customization if you want)

>nip rogue rpg
You have my respect.
I mostly recap and write shitty short fanfics.

Actually, based on Yuri's thoughts, I believe a lot have changed.

Yuri was thinking about her as a cute little sister. My guess it she is now a loli miko.

>tfw just started writing
>still don't have a story

Yuri is Yamaiko's typical onee-san.
Everyone is little sister to her if they're not her superior.

>spoiler
I do exactly that too, are you me?

>everyone is little sister

>Thinks Lupu is a little puppy in her arms
>Thinks Narberal is a little egg face humanoid in her arms
>Thinks CZ is a little doll in her arms
>Thinks Entoma is a..well..uh..

Kinda funny if you think about it.

inb4 her orphanage gets burnt to the ground.

>tfw vol 12 is an enri vol
>jaldabaoth kills fake ainz and turns the place into a hell to make people realize ainz's merciful rule
>in comes enri with her 5K gobs, go-gin, lizards, blue rose, momon and dwarf runes to save ainz's body
>enri levels up like crazy and even blocks a blow of jaldaboath with her superior muscles
>enri wins easily, jaldaboath is driven back and ainz is 'revived', he makes her a general of the sorcerous kingdom and gives her the holy kingdom as a reward
>demi falls into depression that his plan has been corrected by ainz again, 'sasuga' in a low key sad tone

The Holy Kingdom arc will take 2 volumes, 2 VOLUMES.

>level up like mad

Soon we gonna have a 15k army.

What monsters actually somewhat belongs to the goblin genome?

Orcs?

It was said that the 2nd part will be a much shorter wait since it's all already written.

It's almost august
NEW VOLUME WHEN

Sooooo what? It's still 2 volumes! I was afraid it would get the treatment of lizardmen and dwarves (the standing army of 100, lol), you know.

It's August now in Nips land. Leaks where ?

You think we'll see any other players and non-native NPCs?

Watching them be OP is fun in all, but it'd be nice to see something give Nazarick a real challenge

Maybe for the "final boss", but it stay a maybe. Overlord isn't really that kind of story.
I think we have better chance of Albedo being the final boss

>enri vol
That's not half bad.

>non-native NPCs
We've seen the Tree already.

Nigga, Lastborn being (immortal) human had nothing to do with it.
Tsuare got allowed to Nazarick because she was Ninya's sister and Ainz decided Sebas bringing her was a karma or something.

>Local defeating a level 100

It's not gonna happen.

Aren't the armors in the Floating city NPCs or Golems? Also, some of the Demon Gods were just sealed, so there is a chance of Nazarick stumbling into any of them.

I kinda had in mind something that can push back, so Ainz is forced to use genuine diplomacy to not start a war there's a chance he won't win.

Part of Aniz's appeal is that he isn't an idiot and knows things can't always be in his favor.

I was thinking player created NPCs