Kimi no Na wa

And they lived happily ever after. Because they truly deserve it

Your Name thread. Or the greatest love story ever told

Shit movie

JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL

What was the reasoning behind blowing up the power plant?

Like why that structure instead of any other?

Would you marry a girl you could only see during Musubi?

Because it cuts off electricity, which give the villagers the sense of a serious disaster, thus encouraging them to follow the broadcast and evacuate

But maybe exploding something closer to the festival would have stirred a greater panic.

Not everyone went to the festival.

Too much panic makes orderly movement even harder, thus causing even more problem for evacuating villagers. As with the depiction of normalcy bias, I think Shinkai and his team did quite a bit of research about disaster psychology. It was bizarrely realistic

I want to fuck Mitsuha and have her swap bodies with Taki right before I cum deep inside her womb

Then I want to keep fucking Mitsuha (Taki) and mindbreak him

So what you're saying is you want to fuck Taki.

>get to know this girl in the most intimate way possible
>she also gets to know me in such a fashion
>no secrets or such bullcrud, we know and trust each other
Are you implying that you wouldn't?

But you can only see her during the very brief moments on twilight.

Reasonable. Taki is underrated.

Any news about the Funi release?

>Or the greatest love story ever told
Yeah, no

Taki(female)

Anyone seen both the sub and the dub? Thoughts?

Am I the only one who almost got heart-attack by this scene? You know, I was starting to measure the speed of the snow falling per second, because I thought the movie was just going to be over there

How come he never masturbated with her body? That'd be the first thing I do.

Same. The rage was already rising.

He spent the first day of bodswap grinning like a retard. Now do your maths

That makes it more romantic

Taki is a gentleman. He'd only every play with her breasts.

Shitposting aside, if I'd forged that bond with somebody, I would gladly follow through with it if she felt the same. For a long time, I've just wanted somebody who gets how I work, instead of just thinking they get how I work. Similarly, I want to be able to offer the same.
Though you DID say marry. How would that work, exactly?

Mitsuha's body is pure. Touching yourself in her body would only hurt.

You fucking know it happened at least once with both of them. Mitsuha definitely had a wank in Taki's body.

Well same as any marriage except you can only see each other for a very very short time per day.

How can I possibly know if I had chemistry with her if I never actually met her?

>waking up with a raging morning boner too hard to resist
a-user..

>And they lived happily ever after.

No they didn't. They didn't remember anything about anything that happened, Mitsuha's town was destroyed and Taki was unemployed. You can't get an ending much worse than this with everyone still having all of their limbs intact and stuff.

The scenario would start with you switching bodies with her on and off. Then eventually the swapping will stop but at that point you will be able to see each other during twilight. Lets assume that instead of years apart it's alternate universes meaning that you can't just go find her/him at wherever they are.

It's a "happy" ending, but it doesn't feel satisfying enough. The fact that they forgot everything feels like a real loss. They might still have the feelings for each other, but all the memories and moments they shared together are gone forever, and they have to start again from scratch as if they are strangers.

For me it was satisfying because they didn't left it up in the air.

So, what's the best version to play on a PS3?

Because there's no fucking reason to show everything on screen. This isn't a hentai.

I very much enjoyed the romance subplot, but the fact that it WAS a subplot, rather than the main focus, inclines me to agree with you by default.

I'd like to know what most people here would consider "the greatest love story ever told," if they believe that it exists.

Yes. I'll mark Sundays by bringing some small sandwiches and chocolates.

Oh, I see.
Still a no, though. It would be a nice experience but we'd both be much better off finding other people.

The Japanese blu-ray.

So basically just regular marriage then.

Yea but probably not enough time for her to be satisfied by sexual relationships.

Buying a PC and connecting it to your TV with a HDMI cable, you fucking casual.

So basically just regular marriage then.

>Well same as any marriage except you can only see each other for a very very short time per day.
Sounds enough like real life to me. Sure.

>greatest love story ever told
>the farthest they go is remembering names

I loved how Taki's self-groping in the morning turned into an almost involuntary thing like a morning ritual.

>implying taki didnt get down to it while in her body
>implying mitsuha didnt bust a nut while in his body

cmon man

I made a shit meme.

they saved the town's people and reunited at the end, what more do you want?

I'm not asking for it to be shown but he very likely didn't

Haaaa I was setting up that joke.

I'm satisfied with what we have accomplished here today.

>I'd like to know what most people here would consider "the greatest love story ever told," if they believe that it exists.
Obviously, its highly subjective. People like to see different things in love stories.
I think my favorite would be Ore Monogatari, since its about supporting one another yet remaining relatively independent. Love stories tend to portray at least one party of the relationship completely helpess without the other.

>they saved the town's people

Well, it's more accurate to say that musubi did that. And it's accurate to say that it's a happy ending for musubi, but it isn't a happy ending for the characters. Them reuniting is meaningless if they don't even remember anything.

So what are you asking for? An identical movie but your arbitrary opinion about whether or not he masturbated would be different?

fuck you

Why was Taki so cute when Mitsuha was in his body?

t.sukasa

This scene means so much after having read the side stories. The story of Mitsuha's mom and dad is as good as the movie itself

I just wondering how the thought did not cross his mind after groping her for so long.

You think Taki's coworker would've gone with it if he had sexual intentions when he asked her to remove her skirt?

How to save the ending of Kimi no Na wa:
>everything is the same as the movie we got until the very last scene
>then at the end, both of them suddenly remember everything
>"I remember!"
>"I remember too!"
>"Your name is... Mitsuha!"
>"Your name is... Taki-kun!"
>title card
>credits

Don't have 100 bucks to throw around and I already saw it at the cinema.

>casual
I almost hoped you suggested me to use UMS.
can't do that cause the PC is like a vacuum cleaner

Were they also Musubi'd?

And if so why didn't he order the evac once he realized there was more to this than just his daughter trying to relocate people?

Absolutely disgusting

>"Your name is mitsuha miyamizu"
>"Wrong, my name is mitsuha [insert random japanese name]

ONE MORE TIME

Manama Jeff

Oricon will release sales figures tomorrow. How much to expect BD/DVD sold in first week?

Fuck it. Posting it.

How would you feel if you started developing a crush on one of your guy friends, and later found it was only because there was a girl in his body?

Your Name is now a Hollywood movie. Taki is a boy from California, and Mitsuha is a girl living in Virginia

What happen?

I would look for the girl.

The plot revolves around a school shooting instead of a meteor.

Have them completely forget everything about each other and have a casual meeting that cuts to ends credits.
Like Taki is feeding some ducks or some shit and you hear "Mind if I sit next to you?" and it cuts to (now older) Mitsuha's face.

Instead of a meteor it's a terrorist attack. The final scene is a car chase. Taki shoots the bad guy and saves Mitsuha. One of Taki's friends is either a black or an Asian guy who is funny.

They would hate eachother over some republicans vs democrats bullshit.

Stalker predicts 320k but I think it will sell between 400k and 500k.

Fuck Mitsuha was blowing that money on that caffee. Ordering a cake like that in a caffee like that is easily more than 20$

She was working too, though. She can spend her money how she likes.

Taki said that he had to take more shifts because of her spending habits

So did Mitsuha even remember that she saved the town right after the meteor struck?

The adult Mitsuha is definitely more stable and mature so good thing Taki doesn't have to worry about his wife's spending habit

>Taki (Mitsuha) skipping and dancing while walking
so cute

The way the movie made their memories work, I would assume that Mitsuha remembers that she saved the town, but is unsure of WHY she was certain the meteor was going to split and fall on the town within a minute or two of everything being done.

Sounds about right, I'll take it.

No. Mitsuha can't handle her or other people's money.
Just think about it, she grew up as the daughter of a politician and also of an ancient shrine-maiden family. She never had to work besides shrine maiden duty.

The amount of work they put on the Tokyo scenery is insane. For example, the building on the bottom of this pic, Busta Shinjuku (a brand new bus terminal connected to JR Shinjuku Station) was still under construction while they were making this show, which means that they gathered all the available info to confirm how it'd look irl. I also spotted another skyscraper that had not been completed by the time the movie was released. How come they spent so much effort on little details is beyond me

Because of the Shinkai-branding.
They absolutely had to blow it away on visuals because it was expected

This makes me want to visit Tokyo.

Are they making sake?

The timelapse scenes still blow me fucking away, all that tedious and precise work and effort just for 5 seconds of background beauty made me realize that I'll never be talented.

Is Mitsuha the greatest 2D cake? Despite not knowing whether he even existed or not, she still stayed pure for eight years because she was too in love with Taki to move on.

It's a beautiful city.
Took this from my office window just today afternoon.

Are a bunch of grey and blue squares really that appealing to you? I'm not really blown away by any of the buildings in that picture, from an architectual point of view

I would have killed myself if it ended like this, thank fuck.

The movie made Tokyo look comfy as hell, and I live in one of the ugliest cities in the world

nigga, why are you browsing Sup Forums while working?

good job