ITT: Underrated Masterpieces

Aria, a show about everything.

Cowboy bebop? More like Coolboy coolbop

In what way is Monster underrated? It's on practically every "top anime of all time" list, and is consistently highly rated on aggregate websites like MAL and AniDB.
Just because your average third-world underage shounenshitter hasn't heard of it does not make it underrated.

Lot of people on Sup Forums say it's between average and a 7/10.

I think there was a meme at some point to call Monster overrated just because of how underrated it was. That might still be a thing I'm not sure.

You watched it like 6 or more years ago. Go read the manga Monster and see if it's suddenly good now.

Type-Moon
FMA:B
Cowboy Bebop
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Steins;Gate
Shingeki no Kyojin
Death Note
Code Geass
Toradora!
Elfen Lied
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
One Punch Man
Mahou Shoujo MadokaMagica
Clannad
Samurai Champloo
Log Horizon
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Baccano!
Death Parade
Oregairu
Spice and Wolf
Black Lagoon
Hellsing Ultimate
Monogatari Series
Erased
Ping Pong
JoJo
Kill la Kill
Berserk
Re:Zero

Good list but you forgot some essential gems like One Piece, Naruto and K-On!

Gurren Lagann, so good

Haruhi S2? I'd watch it endlessly.
Berserk? That's some damn good anime.
Erased? More like Restored my faith in Japan.
Hundred out of ten.

Thr Holy Trinity of underrated masterpieces.

Here comes the summer!

I disagree

never got why Karl is the biggest face on that poster when he's only in one episode

Texhnolyze is one of the most overrated elitistshit I ever saw, it was fucking trash from the beginning to the end. Haibane was pretty bad too, Abe should just have kept doing the doujins instead.

That's not how they trinity works.

explain

Clearly this one

manga was better. anime was pretty average, wasn't as compelling as the source

You are my nigger, also Kino no Tabi was the epitome if mediocrity

>Well people here say
Fucking christ, Sup Forums isn't everyone. Sup Forums isn't a majority. Sup Forums barely classifies as people.

Texhnolyze was such a mindfuck, still don't get it, but I loved Onishi. That man's a true leader.

Ergo Proxy poster girl made my pee pee jump a bit so I might pick that up soon.

And is dark souls 3 dlc in the bottom right good? It's a movie, right?

Yeah the adaptation was pretty shit (and oh god the double coliseum ep made me almost instant drop). Don't know about the LN though and the manga just started, but despite that it still seems too childish. I hope the next anime will give better vibes because it's too much of a loss with a mc like Kino and the potential sceneries.

I'm 23 episodes into it. It's a slow burn and I like the world building a lot, but some things just stand out to me.
>Tenma goes around calling himself Tenma while being on the run
>doesn't change his jacket or hair
>somehow manages a child as well

I've been thinking about watching this

Is it dark? I like fucked up shit

Obligatory

More like browner than honestly, while it's hard to say pic related is good, I've really warmed up to it. While Suou is pretty shitty all around, Hei seems twice as cool when goes back to his old self just from the contrast alone. It's even better since he doesn't have his powers and he has to go back to his old "I'm 'just' a human and yet I still eat contractors for breakfast" shtick he had during Heaven's War.
I'd kill for a season 3 even if it was the same quality as season 2. I wanna see who finally wins the Heibowl.
I hope it's Misaki

>Suou is pretty shitty all around
Those are fighting words, user.

>Those are fighting words, user.
If only someone did a little more fighting and a little less "becoming a woman" maybe they wouldn't be so shit. Actually, scratch that - if they did more fighting then there'd be even more FUCKING MAGICAL GIRL TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCES (complete with fucking spontaneous cherry blossoms) and fuck if that isn't 99% of why Suou fucking pisses me off.

The last episode of the first season was *about* as light-hearted as I'm cool with Chinese Electric Batman being. The second season was fucking miles past that too much of the time and I that's generally THE common complaint with it. Plus, it didn't help that the tone for season 2 rapidly shifted between cutesy lolis being cute and people brutally and graphically killing one another. It made it real hard to take either seriously since it was flanked on either side by it's complete tonal opposite half the fucking time.
I mean I can kind of understand what they might have been going for but it just didn't work at all imo.

It's not really dark, no. PG 13 I'd say.

2 out of 7 are poor man's religion anime. But Angel's Egg is enjoyable, unlike Eva.

This masterpiece. At least first few seasons.

>liking an Okada masterpiece

YOU have shit taste Okada only brings shit

Darker than Black? More like Brighter than GOLD

>that's generally THE common complaint with it
No, the most common complaint about S2 is the ending.

When did this "blame Okada for DtB S2" bullshit start, anyway? It was written by the same guy as S1, Okada's involvement was minor.

Okada is a genius and the best writer in the anime industry.

death parade was okay, best thing about it was the op

>Underrated
>Monster
Did you misspelled overrated? Lurk more and learn the meaning of the word "underrated" please.

Pic unrelated

>6 elements
>trinity

>Lain, Evangelion
>underrated

>Angel's Egg
>not an overartistic pile of steaming shit

I want some of whatever you're smoking tonight user

Maybe if you drop the show after the first arc.

brainlets

WTF I love OP

Fullmetal Alchemist, 2003 version. Not the overrated Brotherhood.

Haibane was good. You really have to be retarded to claim the opposite, I'm sorry.

You must be one of those morons who wanted to know what's beyond the wall and found the drama to be "forced".

Still waiting for actual arguments, but you're gonna do like every person who criticizes that show, i.e make blanket claims and throw buzzwords around. You can try though, I'm all ears.

Overrated Villain though