Digimon Thread: Odaiba Memorial

It's 8/1 the day the kids went to the Digital World.

New Tri trailer dropped at thid years Digimon Fest and Tri is still unimpressive but that's beside the point! Nrw Digimon have been introduced like GraceNovamon and VenomVamdemon - Undead which will appar in the Tri stage play.

Anyway get the fuck in here Digidestined and lets reminisce on those past adventures.

Konaka is going to comeback just to write the new Tamers CD drama that is gonna be included in the BD box set. Best fucking timeline.

Reminder that Mimi is best girl.

We will be getting Tamers Blu Ray as well. Can you believe Tamers is 16 years old already?

DonĀ“t forget the stage play and the return of VenomMyotismon-sama.

I wish we could get a remake of Tamers with a decent budget.

I'm here. Always lurking

>Myotismon

And Seki returns as producer.

Tamers > the rest

Yes.

>they're all old hags now
Tri is depressing.

omae wa mo shindeiru

VenomVamdemon undead sure looks cool.

The only thing Tri did better than the original was I Wish.

Is Tri good? I've been waiting until it's over.

Reminder that there's an ongoing Sup Forums Sings Butter-Fly. Thread to be posted later today.

Tri sucks, but if you're ever in the mood more Digimon, then go for it.

any news?

>1999
Man, the time sure flew by. It feels like a lifetime ago.

It does some things really well, but it's still unfinished and I feel like I'll only understand it on the whole when movie 6 airs. That said what I've seen so far gives me a lot of cause for hope.

I think my biggest problem with Tri is the quality of the art and animation. It just leaves a lot to be desired. The evolution sequences are also mediocre.

I don't like the eyes, they should have looked like this.

Cheers. I remembered this time due to the thread(s) from last year. Still haven't finished Tri though because it kinda sucks. I guess I can use this occasion to push through the remaining episodes.

Would have been nice if we had gotten it done for the same year Wada died. But that's good to hear all the same. Gotta start practicing soon.

Digimon tri was garbage

Someone bit more impotent is also back in the play.

>Still haven't finished Tri though because it kinda sucks. I guess I can use this occasion to push through the remaining episodes.
Unless you have a time machine you can't finish it because there's two movies (read 8-10 episodes) left. The only parts of Tri that really suck was everything in Determination that wasn't Jou and the ending. The rest of Tri ranges from passable to good.

Bad choice of words on my part. What I meant was that I'm behind in episodes and am going to catch up. Finishing everything that's been released so far.

The only really good part for me was MegaKabuterimon's moment in ep 11-12(?) or something. Other than that, Tri has been forgettable and doesn't capture what I liked about Digimon, so it's been hard to have the motivation to watch it compared to other shows. I'm sure its flaws have been talked about to death already.

We know what's new?

Post odaiba day fan art!

>no Mei

Perfect.

Two questions.
What's that Venommyotismon shit mentioned earlier in this thread? And when is the next Tri movie released?

Digimon Tri Stage Play. I think he shows up in that with a new form.

Next film is September 30th so two months away.

>they are still clinging onto Myotismon

Holy shit just let my nostalgia die at peace

I've been out of the loop for a while but these threads sure are dead, huh.

Anyway, reminder pic related is still the only ship worth shipping.

True