Short or long hair edition

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Yukke69/status/891262844494168064/video/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>edition
Fuck off and kill yourself.

Kotonoha no Niwa is the better movie edition

garbage movie, steinsgate does everything better

I liked how the journey to the shrine came after the montage scene, it was the perfect change of pace to let the audience breathe

twitter.com/Yukke69/status/891262844494168064/video/1

This works way too well

How did they not notice the 3 year difference when looking at each other's smartphones?

Is this Kinome?

What is the best release for archival?

Musubi, switching bodies is a lot like dreaming so they forget a lot of stuff. They basically change places with another person in another alternative timeline and not only that but also with a delay. There have to be some consequences for getting that

Somebody appearantly uploaded an .iso file of the collectors edition, so probably that if you have the disk space

Musubi.

No but seriously the movie's plot is like Swiss cheese; it's really designed to give an emotional response, not to be bulletproof to CinemaSins-style plot hole nitpicking. I'm not saying it's not a valid criticism, but it's just not that kind of movie.

Definitely this.

>edition
Lurk more before posting

Really, is there any movie you can't pick holes in?

The question is if it ruins the experience. For some people the limits are different to others. For me, I think the movie gets away with it.

Long hair: plebs
Pixie cut: contrarians
Short (chin/shoulder length) hair: men of culture

I can't blame you, but I can't agree with out.

Mitsuha is perfect. In all forms.

Why did I type "out" instead of "you".
I honestly don't understand my fingers sometimes.

Daily reminder that the ending was shit.
Them noticing each other was just blatant pandering to people who have yet to figure out that life is not a fucking silver plate.

In my opinion (ans just that) it also took away from the rest of the film by hurting the point it was trying to make.

Your opinion is super shit.

No yours is shit.

Anyone got the pre-alpha animation on the BDs. Been lurking and searching for that shit in Nico but I can't seem to find it.

What do you mean "pre-alpha" animation?

Please stop bullying me. Also never mind, found it.

Shut the fuck up retard

no

>Kimi no na wa generals

>Dragon Ball Super generals

>hurting the point it was trying to make.
Which was what, exactly?

Wait for cake.

Wait... it doesn't ruin that point.

>Which was what, exactly?
The point that, in life we are all striving for something, something not completely known to us, but still we long for it.

Eh..... I wouldn't call that the point. Just because the characters were doesn't mean that's something that we should apply to all of us.

And even so, if they never achieved it then what would be the point? We all strive for something and won't get it? Some people achieve the things they strive for. We can't always just show the people who don't.

That wasn't the point. Congratulations, you've just realized you think the ending is shit because of your own misunderstanding.

5cm is still better than this

Mitsuha is cutest when she's in Taki's body. Prove me wrong.

>Eh..... I wouldn't call that the point.
Fair enough, that's why I said "In my opinion (and just that)".

>And even so, if they never achieved it then what would be the point?
The point is that this search is without end.

Did any of you fucks watch it in a cinema?

enlighten me

5 times
Once in Imax

It would have given a more lasting impression with a 5/cm ending.

5cm/sec. whoops

I hated 5cm. I wish I could have enjoyed it, but I felt so bewildered by the whole movie. It felt like the MC didn't even care that much about his crush, he was just upset that he didn't get what he wanted.
Surfer girl best girl.

Fuck you, buddy. Fuck you.

Exactly what I mean. Stronger impression but not necessarily happy.

>some want shitty bittersweet/drama end
The epitome of edgy fags with shit taste wanting to suffer because the 'feels'

Should I still watch 5cm/sec? I'm not fond of bad endings and knnw almost killed me that way

The problem is that we, as the audience, know what they are searching for. We know they're searching for a person. Not finding that person in the end would be cruel.
Maybe it would be more realistic, but realism isn't why we indulge in media.

I think the movie could have been concluded either way and still been good. I severely doubt it would have been as popular if it had an ending where it didn't show them meeting, but don't turn it into a "it's a bad ending because they tried to make it so it would be popular".

the love interest in 5cm/sec isn't as cute as mitsuha

No generals allowed.
No short hair allowed.

I didn't even know that there were screenings here in Germany.
I MISSED IT

Happy end isn't always the answer. Clannad AS destroys what mc had left just to backpedal to a happy end.

Yes, ideally alone at night with headphones on and a blanket

If I wanted realistic drama, I'd just look at the life of actual people.
I watch anime to get attached and feel happy about it afterwards. Not so see 3D realism with 1 less dimension.

I'm sure you know better than the director what the point of the movie was.

Go back to your blog where you masturbate over Kyoani's """masterpieces""".

>being so insecure that you need to mention kyoani

I really do not care about the realism (this movie has god damn time travel in it), but for me it felt like the movie was lying about the way life works. That is what I didn't like about the ending.
That is obviously something purely personal.

Shut the fuck up you hipster faggpt.

Ok, but who has years to commit to watching a mediocre life though (besides each of our own)?
I'm not against all happy endings. Just saying that something else can hit as hard and stick if not more.

The point is, I don't want it to hit hard. And especially not stick. The 1 week depression after the LL movie was more than enough and that was as happy as it gets.

>I'm sure you know better than the director what the point of the movie was.
Are you retarded?
This is about my person experience with the movie. If you "the director knows better" is any kind of argument about what I felt the movie meant, you should go back to high school.

>Go back to your blog where you masturbate over Kyoani's """masterpieces""".
Literally what?

Sad endings aren't always the answer either.

I think more people wanted to see Taki and Mitsuha have a happy end after what they went through.

If we take 5cm for example, why should it have a happy end? He got separated from his first crush, fell out of contact but couldn't let go.
There wasn't any great trial they went through. They just sorta drifted apart. Reuniting and being all "I waited for you!" just because of some elementary school crush would have been ridiculous.

I think, if anything, people were more pissed about 5cm not because they didn't reunite, but because he seem to have any ending. It just ends. They don't realize that he has finally broken free.

they just need a hug or holding hand scene

>but for me it felt like the movie was lying about the way life works.
Are you expecting more from anime than any other movie?
Some people find what they strive for.
Some people run into people they know randomly in a city the size of Tokyo (in Tokyo itself even). It's not absolutely far fetched.

Even if the vast majority of people don't achieve something that doesn't mean a movie isn't allowed to have the idealized occurrence. Just take a minute to think about how shitty film media would be if they lived by that rule.
Shawshank Redemption? Andy gets to rot in his cell getting buttfucked by the sisters for the rest of his life sentences. That's the way life works.

Well, you have to first understand that the movie is primarily about the meteor and destruction of Itomori and that Taki and Mitsuha's love happened to be a by-product of Musubi's machinations. The "point" (and that's in quotation marks because there isn't any one real strict point, but rather a bunch) is rather to ask you the questions of "what if it were you?" and "what if it were me?".
You're idea of
>in life we are all striving for something, something not completely known to us, but still we long for it.
is your own twisted projection of Taki and Mitsuha's romance. Mitsuha only started becoming something unknown during the final third of the film and she was only completely unknown by the epilogue. The whole point to their relationship was the idea of having such a strong connection with someone that it lingers on even after natural disasters, time and fate.

>Well, you have to first understand that the movie is primarily about the meteor and destruction of Itomori
stopped reading right there.

The boxed one.

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that.

Glad I didn't have to argue how worse evangelion or cowboy bebop would be if everything had to have a perfectly happy ending.

if I disliked 5cm/s outside of the first third of the film will I enjoy KNNW?

Why would they not try to contact each other instantly when they realized what was happening?

Yes.

You are certainly right about the things you said, but I think you are missing the point. I was talking about my personal feelings and to me it felt like the movie was lying.
This obviously does not have to mean anything to you all, or should say anything about movies in general (not would I wan't that to happen) since it is just my opinion.

Liking or disliking 5cm/s shouldn't affect how you feel about KNNW unless you hated everything shinkai did. But that's just my opinion.

Ah, so you're one of the many fags that are incapable of viewing the film from more than one microscopic lens.

because it's not as important in their cognition as being in somebody else's fucking body

They tried, their calls and messages wouldn't go through which is why they left notes.

>but why didn't they try going to visit each other
Because it's a long way.

No, I am one of the "fags" who is capable of at least a bit of abstract thinking.

The whole meteor thing is only relevant in the later part of the movie. If the movie is primarily about the meteor, then shinkai should have put more thought into it instead of DUDE MUSUBI LMAO. It's like saying The girl who leapt through time is about time travel.

And what this route doesn't show is the imaginary connection from Itomori to Hida/whatever line it was on where the trains only come once every two hours.
You're probably talking a four to five hour trip each way.

>It's like saying The girl who leapt through time is about time travel.
And it's still amazing how many people miss the point of that movie.

I just watched the BD rip.

Literally what was the moral of this fucking story?

Love transcends time? Love transcends death? Or was it just a story and nothing else?

is my personal(!) interpretation.

is another (which is lacking in certain regards)

>hida pilgramage anyone.png
Actually seems a nice program for 山の日

What "abstract thinking"? The only thing you've done is self projection
The meteor was always relevant. The movie literally begins with an opening show of it falling on Itomori and Taki/Mitsuha calling it a beautiful view. It's then repeatedly referred to up until seeing the crater. Don't brush it off because you have the attention of a peanut.

Not him, but the meteor was just a 'tool' to trigger the events. Could have been a UFO or Godzilla destroying Itomori.

>What "abstract thinking"?
You are conflating the plot of the movie with its meaning.
Might as well claim that Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" is about how cool it would be if humans could morph into animals.

If you can sum up the moral in a short sentence, it's probably a shitty story.

How do I meet my Mitsuha?

>You are conflating the plot of the movie with its meaning.
No I'm not but I can see how you can think that given were you stopped reading.

you don't

Maybe actually on /r9k/, if you don't mind traps. She was a dude for half the movie anyway.

because they repeatedly said the experience feels like a dream

you seemed to have completely missed the theme of being fated for something

also they kind of waited five years for that moment

same way they did, live your life until your path crosses with someone

I actually read it and it only got worse from there...
>The "point" is (...) "what if it were you?" and "what if it were me?".
This is just idiotic. No (decent) director would even think to make such a shitty point as "insert yourself, lol".
That is just stupid, because literally every movie is (to some respect) about that. It is the reason why anyone watches movies at all.

>is your own twisted projection of Taki and Mitsuha's romance.
Just shows that you have no Idea what an interpretation is.
Of course I am projecting, but that is literally what movies are about.

Or post your face on /soc/ and let a psychopath track you down

If only it wasn't like this for me.

Cute necklace

Download the movie and hit play.