Six episodes is the optimal amount of time to tell a memorable story with only slight fluff...

Six episodes is the optimal amount of time to tell a memorable story with only slight fluff. Provide counter examples if you dare.

Gunbuster, the first half was incredibly boring.

>Provide counter examples if you dare.
Monster. 72 episodes. Has more thematic and characterization.
Gunbuster is a collection of cool moments stuck in an OVA wanting to be and do more.

Simply incorrect.

>200+ episodes

This.

>wanting to be
I'd disagree but can see why'd you believe that
>and do more
That's part of the charm!

More like part of the disappointment.

I know it's just part of the outfit but it looks like she's pushin up one boob but not the other.

Muh logh
Muh gundum

I think we just have creative differences. I'm quite idealistic when it comes to my entertainment.

I can't remember how the cloth around the boobs works but it also kind looks like she might stitched up that area over the left tit that she tore off in the climax of episode 6. It's kinda cute desu

WitP (coincidentally worked on proto-GAINAX) was only 6 episodes and it was fine. Unicorn was 7 episodes but I think everyone wants to pretend that last one never happened.

Gunbuster is the most compact you can make a good show
You could maybe argue about slimming it down further by removing the first three episodes but then no one would give a fuck about the characters.

some stories require more, some can get away with less. Gunbuster is really good though.

Monster sucked though, ANN

>WitP (coincidentally worked on proto-GAINAX) was only 6 episodes and it was fine.
It was the worst of the Universal Century.

>post discussing 0080 and Unicorn
>seriously deciding to call WitP shit out of those two
Maybe Char wasn't wrong to drop that asteroid.

What about literally any good movie at about 1hour and 45minutes, or 2hours, which is less than Gunbuster's runtime.

>six ~30 minute episodes with zero recaps and sometimes not even an OP
>somehow less than the typical runtime of a movie

Giant Robo, its one of the greatest anime ever made and it hits the sweet spot of seven episodes.

>Imagawa
>40 minute episodes
Cured my insomnia pretty quickly 2bh

I guess its time to watch Giant Robo.

>Giant Robo
My man.

Will I like this if the only Super Robot shows I've seen are Gunbuster/Diebuster, FLCL, and TTGL? I've watched a shit ton of Gundam as well.

Imagawa shows tend to be very pompous yet slow.

I don't think you need to watch a ton of Super Robot shows to appreciate Giant Robo.
It's doesn't do anything that would be weird to someone who isn't familiar with the genre.

pic related was also six episodes long though I think its more well-known for reasons other than its quality