If I'd take a DNA test, how could the results be used against me...

If I'd take a DNA test, how could the results be used against me? A lot of people are against this because of giving your DNA to corporations. What could they do with it?

Also I don't care about where I'm from. I know I'm 100% northern europe. I'm mostly curious about the origin of my y-dna.

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2013/09/20/how-to-use-23andme-without-giving-up-your-genetic-privacy/
snopes.com/dna-testing-companies-admit-altering-tests-screw-racists/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What could they do with it?
>What could they do with the blueprints for you?

>I know I'm 100% northern europe.
Probably not.

Would you be sad if the results showed you had British blood?

>>What could they do with the blueprints for you?
Yes exactly. What could they do with it?
You mean celtic? Eh there were a lot of Scots involved in the construction of Gothenburg in the 17th century. Wouldn't surprise me.
If you meant anglo-saxon, well they are nearly 100% identical to scandinavians genetically.

I know of my ancestors all the way back to the 1600s, and except for a few named Prawitz, Winkler and Möller, they're all Swedish.

Bump for interest

>Yes exactly. What could they do with it?
If you are this retarded then you should give it to them.

Depending on country insurance companies can rape you

They have been caught lying to people. They will tell you that you are an African or a Jew to fuck your shit up and make you multicultural dude, don't do it dude.

Your DNA is planted at a scene where your phone indicates through GPS, calendar and clock you were present.

You are now guilty of a crime you had no idea was committed.

OP. venturebeat.com/2013/09/20/how-to-use-23andme-without-giving-up-your-genetic-privacy/

Memes aside, there isn't a huge difference. Fuck, Icelanders have a significant amount of British and Irish DNA in them, hence jokes about Vikings taking all the attractive women.

Source? Always been interested in doing one of these.

You can find out your y-DNA by not testing yourself though. Simply ask if any of your male relatives descending from the same paternal line has already tested himself.

This information is worth a lot to insurance companies.
This allows them to charge you twice the amount because a single gene gives you a predisposed 5% increase to cancer.

It doesn't mean you will get cancer just that you carry a gene even if dormant.
This will also pass on to your offspring so it's worth a lot of money even after you die.

They can also sell it to advertisements and marketing.
>it says here you have the balding gene
>rogane adds all over every browser and email
>coupons in mail
>specialized cable adverts

snopes.com/dna-testing-companies-admit-altering-tests-screw-racists/

Lots of people have shown 100% European results before anyway, so it's obviously false. Maybe with like 0.3% Neanderthal/Unknown, but that's about it

governments could even try and base your mental health on it.

>it appears that user contains genes for hightened aggresion and paranoia

PUT HIM ON THE LIST!

Well I know that I'm not and frankly I'm not very interested in where my ancestors are from, except in the case of my y-dna (which shows where my direct male ancestor lived during the stone age).
I have, and none of them have tested it.

The DNA companies can give police departments access to the information without a warrant. They haven’t done it yet, but they can.

FBI will own your DNA

You don't really need a dna test, just hire somebody to track down your family tree. Considering how extensive church records are it should take no substansial effort.
Only an autist is going to object if you use a family tree to prove your heritage.

they could plant your dna at crime scenes
they could clone you and make your clone to horrible things
they could figure out everythign there is to know about how your brain works and manipulate you into doing and buying whatever (((they))) wish

Like I said before, I know of my ancestors all the way back to the 1600s, and except for a few Germans in the 17th century, they're all Swedish. I'm not interested in that. Only in my y-dna, which shows the origin of my direct male ancestor from the stone age.

Some twins took the tests from different companies and each one sent different results.

They wont tell you the truth.

read the fine print. aside from charging you more for insurance, you've signed away your right to privacy along with that of any progeny forevah! don't be stupid.