youtu.be/lMQK5MbIb1E
youtu.be/q4M3P4koq4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3/7

Hellsing, really?

5/6

What's A2?

6/6 not bad

Kuuchuu Buranko (or Trapeze how some people call it for whatever reason)

Mawaru Penguindrum if you mean A2 the excel way

Hello friends

4/6
8/9
Kuchu Buranko roughly translates to trapeze

Witness my superior taste on the reverse side of this hypercubic image plane

i think these threads should be eradicated, but yous a legend

It sickens me how hard you try.

+: Mawaru, MonoHime, NHK, S;G
+/-: Bebop, GitS, Golden Boy
-: Hellstink, Spice & Wolf

+: Kuuchuu, Mawaru, Mononononoke, LoGH, Haibane, Mushishi, Tatami, Ganku
-: GitS SAC

+: LoGH, Mononoke, Tatami, GTO, Ganku, Nana
-: Now and Then

>she's got sunglasses this time
Nearly there user

List out your tv and ova pls?

You must be joking, right? Most of them are easily recognizable if you've seen more than 60 anime.

Top right tv and bottom right ova i wish to know all the others I do know

No

S;G 8/10 nhk 8/10 rest are 7/10

homo
gay
queer
fag
sissy

Kemono no Souja Erin
Gundam 08th MS Team

Can you explain your rating system good sir?

5/5
2/2
3/3
3/5

and the backwards books

top mid?

++NHK, Bebop
+S;G, Hellsing
+/-Mushishi
-Gits
++Tatami
+Lotgh, Mononoke
+/-Mushishi
-Gits, Irabu, Monte Cristo
++Tatami
+Mononoke, Lotgh
-Monte Cristo
++Kaiji
+S:G, Aria, End of EVA, Perfect Blue, LOTGH, Lain
-Monte Cristo
++Konosuba, Tatami
+EVA
+/-DBZ

Now and then, here and there

++Pingu, Bebop
+GitS, Golden Boy, Mononoke Hime, NHK
+/-S;G, Spice and Wolf
++Penguindrum
+GitS, Mushishi, Tatami, Haibane
++Utena, Eva, Whisper of the Heart
+Gunbuster, Aria, Kaiji, Lain, Koe no Katachi, Perfect Blue, Mononoke Hime, Erin
+/-S;G, 08th MS Team
Bad taste
++Eva
+Tatami, 0080, Konosuba
+/-MSG, Katanagatari
++Bebop
+Tatami, NHK, Paranoia, Kaiji, Konosuba
+/-S;G, Watamote,
-Gayass

is penguindrum pretentious dribble or /kino/?

Best show of the decade.

6/9
3/9
1/9
TV
6/9
OVA
4/9
MOVIE
7/9
0/9 for lolis
3/9
8/9 (almost perfect, but you had to go and fuck it up with Yugi-oh)
wtf/9
9/9 you are a god
good stuff; not utena good but really good

5/6
7/7
4/4
I loved the Ashita no Joe manga, would you recommend the anime to somebody who has read it?
4/4 TV
3/3
5/5
8/8
0/0
2/2

>ashita no joe manga
God I'm just a lazy bastard. But yes I would recommend it. I watched it all but there's some noticeable filler in the first season as well as parts which are repeated in the second season. Parts which I would say where handled a lot better in the second season.

Good to know, I'll think I'll check it out sometime.

Rating others is appreciated :)

sorry, already did here >

Why do you prefer Utena movie to TV?

it's more obviously lesbian. also the art style is gorgeous , and the symbolism / themes are more straightforward. Music also better to me.I love the TV series, though. Utena overall is my favorite anime ever

Add me as friend desu
myanimelist.net/profile/domko

What do you guys think of Kimi no Na wa?
I thought it sucked. Not enough focus on the characters and too much convenient memory loss.

4/6
-NHK, Penguindrum

3/4

1/1

2/3 -Aria
3/3 ova
6/7 -toki

5/5

7/8 -NHK

3/4 -Penguindrum

5/6 -Aria
I still need to watch the YKK OVAs, its been a year since I've read the manga

3/3

4/4 i couldn't tell what some of these were by the screenshots. crusher joe and iczer though A+
8/8, assuming gunm is the manga not the anime. only one i haven't seen or read is lower right

anime
5/6 (shirokuma cafe a best)

Shashinkan is great.

I read the BAA manga.

The one on the right is "Kinnikuman", an extremely manly wrestling manga.
I can highly recommend it, and it is the only series I have read and watched in entirety.
(at least the part that has been subbed)

youtube.com/watch?v=cUOegCG3v1A

Just for TV anime. Honorable mentions to Escaflowne, Gundam Unicorn, Saint Saiya, Golden Boy, Dragon Ball, Fist of the North Star, Trigun, K-ON, and Code Geass.

Ancient Magus bride needs more love. good on you. Still haven't gotten through Mushishi yet but the OST is already my default background noise for when I'm working.

I've found that guys who appreciate Ultimate Muscle tend to be pretty chill, cool guys. Right on. Gunsmith Cats is on my list of good shit to watch.

I feel like you and I could get along. Posting Lum is an excellent start but I really need to get around to Sailor Moon.

1/2 for Lain and Clannad. Lain didn't grab me like I thought it would but Clannad was special. Far from perfect, but special. Haven't seen Tatami Galaxy but I love the ED to death. youtu.be/lMQK5MbIb1E

While I don't think it rules all, old school mecha anime has some of the most consistently high animation and art quality out of all the genres. Always great for something to look at.

4/5 -.5 LS, Mushishi
2/2
I'm still too lazy to see it.
1/1
5/5, but stone ocean is one of my least favorite arcs.
4.5/5
5/5
2/2
4.5/5
8/8 +++ Len and Mineva, and Ilya if that's the original.

I had a vague idea of what it was. I'm mainly into shoujo though >but really good 'manly' stuff like dragonball, fist of the north star or jojo's is just good anime regardless of what you're into.

macross DYRL, cromartie & champloo? yeah we probably would get along. I was really close to adding psycho pass. how is shiki and eurka seven? never seen

I just barely started getting into Shoujo, starting with the classics, like Utena, Versailles, and Claudine. As somebody who loves "manly tears" anime a crap ton, I found it shocking how much I absolutely adored Versailles. Shit, I even cried during the lovemaking scene between Andre and Oscar! .
I haven't read a manga this beautiful for a long ass time.

>Ancient Magus bride needs more love. good on you.
Its getting a TV adaptation this fall, I think. Its going to get a lot of attention, that's for sure.
5/6 -Psycho Pass

Shiki was more just me liking the concept and execution, I find the art style grating at times. Great soundtrack though. youtu.be/q4M3P4koq4Y
Most of the time I gravitate toward shows that can stick consistently to one tone, or have one other complimentary one. I don't like when they try to do too much all in one story. I thought Shiki did a good job of not interrupting the drama and intense parts with weird filler and relief, and it subverts expectations at several key points. A good watch if you can handle an unabashed tragedy with a goofy art style and weird character design.

Eureka Seven is a slow burn at 50 episodes, but I liked that even though it was a sci-fi mecha show it had an original, colourful world filled with natural alien beauty. The story is more focused on character development and themes of coming of age and young love than it is about sick mecha battles in the sky. The main character is a snotty shitty kid at the start and a man with a mission by the end. Very, Very original setting and lore. Worth a look if you're patient.

Not sure how I feel about an Anime adaptation, though it'll be cool to see everything in full colour. I'm also curious how some of the more fantastical parts look in motion. I just don't know if the really intricately detailed art I liked so much will translate well. A lot of it has this sort of almost art nouveau look that I'm sure won't make it into animation. Here's hoping it has a cool soundtrack, something maybe along the lines of Mushishi.

you'd probably like Oniisama E... if you liked rose of versailles and claudine. I also love manly tears anime. Oscar and Andre a best
gonna watch both of these, thanks. sounds like something i'd like

nicest looking ones itt

No Nanami is a big loss.

What's top mid?

7/8
-gargantua

What is bottom left?

Wolf's Rain. Older and super weird but it was on my list too.

Since when does Sup Forums spoonfeed anime names?

Since nobody can stop me. I want more people to watch Wolf's Rain.

Also I'm not Sup Forums, I'm just visiting from /tg/. I've used Wolf's Rain and Escaflowne as inspiration for tabletop settings before.

4/5

0/3

3/4 @tv

5/6

3/4

6or7/9

Been awhile since I posted.

-1 S;G
8/9

9/9

-1 Here and There, Now and Shit
8/9

-1 S;G
8/9

8/8
Good taste.

7/7

-0.5 CG
-1 S;G
11.5/13

6/6

9/9

It's great.

-1 Shigatsu
8/9

9/9

9/9

-1 Tamako Market
8/9 anime

7/7 manga
Nice on you to have Kuro

-1 S;G
-1 PP
6/8

7/7
9/9

-1 S;G
-0.5 CG
-1 PP
-1 Gargantia
5.5/9

-0.5 CG
8.5/9

*insert something you like*
wow you honestly like *insert*, really?

you see how you sound?

How do people have time to consume so much shit?

I've been watching anime since forever.

Not just anime. It's taken over 100 days of watching anime to find 9 things I like enough to call a favorite. I can't imagine ever being able to do the same for comics, VN, TV.

I always watch and read a lot of everything.

bump

7/9 - On Steins gate and Hellsing. I don't think people should mix tv/films and Ovas.But that is just my autism.
6/7 - Haibane, I should rewatch this one. But it isn't high on my priority list.I am 25 episodes into Logh.
5/5 - Working on Logh and Joe.
6/7 - 4/5 - 7/7
Is this a 3x3 for the best Lolis or a 3x3 showing your favourite anime by using lolis to showcase them?
7 or 8 /8 - 8 if it is Dragon Ball 7 if DBZ.
8/12 - on SG, CG, Watamote and FMA. I am reading the monster manga.
4/4 Maybe more but I don't remember shorts as well as I should. Could I get the name on the center?
8/8 - Kare Kano if on the edge due to its last few episodes. I want to start Doremi soon I heard nothing but good things.
4/8 - Clannad, Haibane, YKK, Shigatsu. Not to be rude but you seem like a newcomer to anime.
6/6 -Middle row right is Robot Carnival right?
5/8 - Watch older anime.
4/6 - Psycho pass and Shiki are bad. I am almost done Macross.
8/8 - Bold move putting both 79 and Zeta on.
3/7 - Fma, CG, SG, and PP I am a huge hipster apparently.
2/4 - Watch more anime.
2/3 - I adore Harlock but Hate Sound of the Sky. I am half done Yamato and it is pretty good.

>but Hate Sound of the Sky.
How?

Whats that octopus show

Penguindrum

Thank you

The art for one it is like K-on but even more loose and it looks constantly off model. It also has a very juvenile approach to the military. The characters felt like chimera of Haibane Renmei and K-on with some suffering added in. I loved the 1st episode though. Why did you like it.

Kaiji, my nigga

12/10 paint skills.

I also got baited into watching Sound of the Sky after people said it was like Haibane Renmei (which is one of my favorite shows).

Yeah..... getting memed on is never a good feeling.

Because the idealization that you would find in a SoL was placed in an apocalyptic scenario which made a light of optimism in a dying world. It contrasted a duality of cynicism and optimism.

You might simply be too focused on the 'realism' of the military when that isn't the point. You might simply not like SoL. It has nothing to do with the art or just 'suffering added in' when it's more than that. It's about how everyone is broken and the idealization found in SoL what is hiding the depth with the characters.

>You might simply be too focused on the 'realism' of the military when that isn't the point.
I know it isn't the point and I understand that it wasn't going for realism but the context of being soldiers was only relevant to have the character's backstories to be sad while never engaging on the more interesting aspects of the military.
>You might simply not like SoL
Maison Ikkoku and Hyouka are on my 3x3 so I do like SoL
> It has nothing to do with the art or just 'suffering added in'
The art and characterization have nothing to do with the show?
> It's about how everyone is broken and the idealization found in SoL what is hiding the depth with the characters.
I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

>The art and characterization have nothing to do with the show?
The art? No. The characterization? Yes.
Looking like K-on is just aesthetics and has nothing to do with the overall themes and mood of the show, using the most cliche of SoL (K-On) to be enlightened regarding the idealization and optimism.

>I am not sure what you are trying to say here.
The typical SoL caricature they play is to mask their 'suffering'.

>The art? No.
Separating the art from the show is pretty silly.
>The typical SoL caricature they play is to mask their 'suffering'.
I think you are giving too much credit to the show. The characters were written as archetypes first and the backstories second so the viewer could find them sympathetic. That is why Noel's backstory feels so forced. She was set up as a genius engineer and the backstory was just the least creative way to add in the most suffering as possible.

No, I'm just saying the aesthetics of looking like K-On doesn't make it bad.

>I think you are giving too much credit to the show.
I think you're the one not giving it enough credit, only looking at the realism of it rather than what it is trying to accomplish with the aesthetics and the SoL.