Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Let's talk about this masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

animebytes.tv/torrent/TORRENTID/download/PASSKEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im a cuck

Hello, Onion Prince.

Why is there no good shoujo anime like Utena these days? Is the shoujo genre dead?

yes, it's dead. anime companies realized they could make more money appealing to fujoshis with yaoi baiting sports anime than making actual good shoujo. also the magical girl genre was ruined once they also realized they could make more money appealing to loli waifufags instead of actual girls.

I hate it.

What an awful time to be alive. They should just combine male/male content with shoujo and then everybody could be happy.

obligatory

UP TOUGA'S BUTT

i like Jury more then Utena
Utena is just too perfect (in bad way)

and Touga (movie) way cooler then Touga (tv)

What's there to talk about? Sup Forums can't into writing paragraphs. So you'll get your sexualization of various characters instead. It's a master-piece for sure. But what is there to talk about?

>these days
I bet you think Sailor Moon qualifies as good shoujo anime.

>But what is there to talk about?
explain the black rose arc, because I still don't understand it after all these years

>miki
>straight
Not on my watch

The whole thing would be better if it was written so Anthy were a character and not an entity

She kind of becomes a character towards the end, with the whole attempted suicide shit.

It looked pretty and had some neat directing. What more do you need?

I need a DEEP analysis.

It was all pretty straight forward to me.

That doesn't help me.

ohtori.nu
A+

Only good shoujo anime are Sailor moon, Utena, Penguindrum and Yurikuma

Notice a pattern?

card captor sakura, escaflowne(kind of a mix, whatever), oniisama e..., rose of versailles, please save my earth...

watch more shoujo please

>Penguindrum and Yurikuma
>shoujo

Utena isn't gay

are you blind? she's in the bisexual circle

I don't find deep analysis that fun. Besides I'm too hungry to write stuff

>sailor moon
>good

I would probably marry Akio.

>tfw all of those are at least like 2 decades old

She's really not. Maybe just for Anthy.

>please save my earth
damn what a coincidence, I just started watching this an hour ago.

You should pay more attention to Utena's selfish side.

She's always convinced that she's in the right, she's thick-headed, she's really only thinking about herself just like everybody else in the show, and she doesn't even try to understand Anthy until after she attempts suicide.

It's just a little more on a sub-conscious level, unlike most of the other character's flaws.

Utena love(d) Anthy, Touga and Akio. Ergo, she is bisexual.

Fuck I want to watch it but I lost my AB account pw. If you're on AB can you tell me what the torrent ID is?

you could say that about literally all the characters. you don't have to make them bisexual sluts for them to be bisexual

>People aren't gay/bi if they're only attracted to ONE person of the same sex
That's not how it works.

Yes it is.

Utena isn't bi

see: Kinsey Scale
According to decades of research on human sexuality, you can be kind of bisexual, almost gay, or anything in between. Anime has understood this for a long time.

So she's bisexual? Alright.

if you have the capacity to be attracted to one person of the same sex, yes that makes you gay(lesbian) or bi. "I'm only gay for her/him" is a dumb meme

Why is there no 3 cour anime these days? How did they do it back then, with the cost of cel animation and physical studio space needed?

Why is RINBU REVOLUTION the best Utena song?

Why do people defend Shiori to the death these days? Yeah, it sucks that her self esteem issues are ruining her ability to form healthy relationships. But then you have Wakaba with similar insecurities, yet she doesn't try to ruin her friends' lives.

Make it stop.

people aren't bi in general. It's a great literary tool though that makes characters appear to have more depth.

anime is dead.

>meme
Anthy was literally the only girl she had feelings for, and honestly that was only truly clear in the film.

SLUT

Kill yourself.

Utena is a good girl

>people defend shiori
Who are these people? Retards. Glad the movie made quick work of her.

I'm not even a waifufag and this scene still made me feel really uncomfortable.

Budget+a desire to adapt more anime. The only shows that go past 2 cour (without having multiple seasons) are battle shounen these days.

Delet this

Childhood is being a Jurifag.
Adulthood is realizing that Shiori did nothing wrong.

>the torrent ID
I dunno how to find this, but I did get it off AB.

Everything episode 30 onwards was uncomfortable. He just wouldn't keep his hands off her salmon sandwich.

That's still bisexuality.

Touga had a hard life.

>Who are these people?

The same people who shit on Saionji, Touga, and Ruka for doing extremely similar things.

This scene was fucking tragic. Listening to her ramble about sandwiches while acting so uncomfortable and stressed was brutal.

Is it though? The entire show Utena would always say that she "didn't swing that way".

Must be tumblr.

Why does this remaster look so shit?

She went for the puss in the end though.

A stupid girl, but still good.

It's probably an upscale

>stupid
She is innocent!

When you DL the torrent file
animebytes.tv/torrent/TORRENTID/download/PASSKEY

The ID should be in your internet history. Should be a six digit number. Just copy the first part of the url and then add a key search word. The ones without an icon should link to the ID. Just make sure not to link your passkey. See pic

They've taken over the fandom since 2012 and now it's next-to-impossible to talk about it anywhere. Even this board has plenty of contrarians who make discussion difficult ever since it became popular again in 2011.

What did you think of the SYMBOLISM in SKU?

That scene was done with an old-timey grain filter, since it's a flashback.

>her ramble about sandwiches
I thought she was talking about all the different ways Akio had and will continue to pleasure her?
>uncomfortable
user, she's not uncomfortable, sorry to break it to you. You have to listen with audio for the full effect. That's what makes the scene so utterly sick.

movie was bad

It's not even the grain, the film just looks unaligned.

Did you not watch the movie? Yes, she seems to prefer men but she is also clearly interested in Anthy, who is a girl. If that's not bisexuality then I don't know what is.

1) poor encode (degrained somewhat), and 2) that's a flashback, and has some sort of filter applied.

shut up

>She is innocent!
This level of delusion cannot exist, in which case you're shitposting ironically. Stop it.

Calm down

Oh, it's in the URL for the page, no?
>&torrentid=314295
>314295
Must be that right?

I guess I was just projecting my own discomfort then.

>implying she wasn't innocent as fuck in that scene
Akio is a literal sexual deviant.

Imagine being so wrong.

She was pretty clearly uncomfortable in the webm.

Akio's a long guy

Thanks! Got it.

Damn I don't remember them being that naked.

Does this look like the face of a sexual deviant?

Yes.

This is gay isnt it

The film is not canon.

Will we ever find out why people in the prime of their life were all so sad?

Nobody said it was

no problem!

What will this absolute mad man come up with next!

>same staff
>not canon
?

>hundreds of years of getting the dick
>couldn't get the dick
>got the dick and didn't like it

The movie was good until the end scene where they state the obvious a good three times in a row.

What was the point of this scene?

Gay giraffes.

It's a completely different continuity from the TV series, therefore I do not view it as canon to the main story.