Made in Abyss

discuss moths, stalkers, buenaventura and shit

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/24702
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So if the Abyss really adds another layer every cycle, how did it all start? Atlantis created a sourc of NOPE and it went to shit from there?

The answer is at the bottom

It can't be just me that think that there's something unnatural about Lyza's hair, the spirals looks like straight up from Uzumaki. She has to be cursed, see Ozen and Prushka's hair for the effect of ascending from the 5th layer.
Also, what kind of other artifacts she have? It have to be something discreet or not readily apparent - perhaps can be worn under the clothes (like Ozen's pins) or maybe her giant helmet feather IS some kind of relic. Hair aside, she still looks normal human at first glance, and does her delving looking like any other Black Whistle instead of wearing power armour to enhance their inhuman aura like the usual White Whistle. Face it, no way Blaze Reap and Peace Phobia are her only weapons.

I like how we keep changing Boniface's nickname.

Lavos came down from space and drilled itself into the center of an undeveloped planet, created a livable environment, and planted the seeds for humans to come forth. Humans develop their civilization and are eventually drawn to the Abyss to function as Lavos' snacks, every 2000 years it harvests his crops, eats it, and shits out enough land and water to make the planet bigger, effectively adding an extra layer ontop of it. Then he plants the seeds of humanity again and it all repeats from zero.

I don't think other WW are as heavily-modified with artifacts as Mr. Bones.

Has the author stated how many arcs he's planning to do? To me it seems like we don't have many left since Riko and co. are gonna reach the bottom fairly soon. With all the talks of other countries, I can see a raid arc with some of the top delvers from the other countries each with their own unique relics and methods.

No more Ozen posting!

do we know how deep it is?

>reach the bottom of the abyss
>there's another abyss

Have no fears, we've got stories for years.

Lord of dawn for president 2020

what about the fucking lord of Mystery? If anyone i think he/she is pretty artifact'd up

We don't know how deep it is though, it has been alluded to some shit going on in with a circle in layer 7 and Gatekeepers on the "path to the bottom"
There's also at least two more white whistles that we know of down there, not counting Riko's mom

Lord of dawn 20!8, beter then Putin!

Give me Srajo

Even if Sarajo's body not crammed with relics, that getup still looks ominously non-normal-delver

Most white whistles look very not-normal though, other than Lyza

Srajo will never be shown explicitly, we will only see the the consequences of his actions because his relic makes him invisible.

Ozen has tens of prima sort artifacts implanted into her limbs and hides an artifact probably around zoaholic grade in her base. I think it's safe to assume that every one of them has plentiful amounts of bling.

no more bonpapa posting! I will resist your temptations, Satan!

Is this why he's The Obscure?

Based on what?

Didn't mean to quote.

Staircase of get-fucked

This left me wondering; the effects of the fifth layer seems totally debilitating compared to anything before them. You can bruteforce your way through the curses of the higher layers, but how can you overcome hallucinations that erode away at every one of your senses simultaneously? Besides a Meinya, that is.

Just because the 7th layer is the last one Orth knows of doesn't mean it's actually the case. Everything points to there being a lot more being down there. Hell, there's two white whistles on the 6th layer and below that we know of and we haven't even caught a glimpse of them. Doesn't help it's a monthly manga either, we are in for at least a couple years more of MiA.

You sit down and hope they pass before you stumble off a cliff

Need a retarded squirrel to conquer the curse, one that has a tendency to have is anus pop out at that

there's 3 down there, the two Bonefather says snuck by him and Lyza

Well, have you seen Srajo do something in the manga, ever?
Bingo.

You have to figure out a tricky way to do it like with the rat. There's a reason why only white whistles return from the 5th layer.

How can you sit if don't?

They strap themselves down so they can't harm themselves and get something automated like a lift to carry them up the 4th layer where someone they contacted beforehand can make sure they are okay until they snap out of it. From thereon they can just ascend normally.

Are all narehate in the village from this cycle?

That would actually make sense. I imagine people that aren't insanely strong mentally would just go insane from it though. Maybe drugs could lessen the effect too to some degree, maybe it doesn't do anything but give you nightmares if you are out cold.

I'm trying to push her away from Sup Forums, but She isn't moving an inch.

Collapse and hope you don't bite your tongue off, or break your spine when you try to arch your back, or turn your head too fast.

>the star compass was a relic to help with the 5th layer's curse all this time, telling you where up and down is so you can refocus and not lose your mind as everything warps around you
>Riko will find it again at the bottom of the abyss and then use it to get past the 5th layer when they have to hurry to Orth to tell everyone what to do to survive the cycle

That's some next level storytelling if that actually ends up happening.

>6666
Have we gone too far

>spirals
>they said Reg moves like Lyza
>Reg was climbing the wall like an archimedean screw
Lyza is mechafied.

You lose sight as well so you can't actually see the compass.

They would need to be strapped down the entire way though.

There probably are multiple small steps.

The Immovable Lord.

This could make sense. especially with bonemane's bone train to the surface.

This is my girlfriend Faputa, say something nice about her!

She have a fitting name

tell her to fly into the nearest bug zapper

Isn't that train just transport within Idofront? Nanachi mentioned somewhere that the vessel that brought the children down to the 5th layer was carried by hand.

They're not coming back, you won't worry about the 5th level curse when you turn absolutely hadimae from the 6th and ??? from the 7th. If anything they might find it at the bottom and the compass will still compel them to go further or it will be a key of sorts to open a thing it is pointing at located at the bottom

Bird and whale when

Bonepappy can dip into the sixth though, so it can be done

I like Wakuna's flowing locks

Looking at the abyss chart for layer 7 what do you think the environment there is like?

Looks like layer 3 but like the walls are alive covered in eyes and tentecles/teeth.

Hello there fellow friends, do you know where I can get some orphans? I need them for something that is not horrible at all, I'm not just a Mengele of the abyss you know

Are you suggesting Riko's team will be using cartridges as well? of the orphanage kids maybe

Rather than eyes they almost seem like giant gears. Maybe the 7th layer are the remnant of a massive factory complex, it would certainly explain Reg. Maybe the whole planet is clockwork.

Technology directly embedded into megalithic architecture. Every monster is a fivedimensional Aizen. Emptiness

There's no way they're going to get the hallucination sequences right in the anime.

I bet he looks like a long haired Sean Connery.

Who knows?

She's Reg's girlfriend, you know

She's the inferior fuwa.

Nah, he'll be Con Air Nicholas Cage.

Oh shit. I think you're right. That would make a lot of sense

They won't even get to that scene so you don't have to worry about it.

As of his committing to Riko she's been downgraded to mistress. Nanachi is the mutual friend they're both hot for so they drag her in so they can all play together sometimes.

Moth-Bunny sex when.

They already fucked up the first partial incinerator sequence by having really underwhelming CG. The effect from the manga is really intricate by comparison with how it seemingly unravels everything instead of just outright destroying it in a blast of light. I really hope that's the case cause it's barely shown when Reg blasts the splitjaw and that they'll have it hand drawn for the bird sequence.

They have to do 3rd layer first.

To be fair, if my boss popped with that page and told me that I have to animate it I would also say "fuck that".

Hm, too young. Ian Mckellen, maybe?

You can't have these thoughts in Japan, it's forbidden

If you couldn't hopping_spider.webm wouldn't exist.

There's more than one, you know. There was right after Tamaguchi attacked and the dream Riko had while she was unconscious forever and still delirious. There's no way they're getting this right.

Why is Maruruk so ugly in the anime?

That's the reality of femboys

It should not be allowed to happen.

Are there any other Maruruk pics where his ass is visible? I need it for diaper edits

Who said your kind was welcome here?

Here, but frankly, end your life

>CG
What?

I'm really worried about how the animation is gonna be going forward.

The first few shots of the Splitjaw in episode 1 were awesome then all of a sudden it became low frame watercolor and the incinerator was basically a pasted on particle effect. Then in episode 4 all the creature shots are really low frame water color.

This episode we are primed to have more creatures and another incinerator shot, if not two (one for the birds, the other in the seeker camp). I hate seeing cheap cop outs like this.

I'll still love him no matter what. At least his voice sounds good from what we've heard unlike Ozen

For once it's not a "cheap cop out", it's just the monster designer Kou Yoshinori's style.
Whether you like it or not is up to you, but they're not cutting corners or anything.

>cheap cop outs
They aren't cheap cop outs though. They hired Kou Yoshinari specifically for those shots, that's literally the only thing he's doing on MiA. They are exactly how they were intended to be

Really? That's surprising.

Was it different animators doing the first shots of the splitjaw and the watercolor? It may just be my preference but the creatures just don't look as good in that style.

That's not really CG though is it? It's just weird particle effects

Do you think ozen is gentle during intercourse?

Particle effects don't fall under CG in your lexicon? They do in mine, though I'm pretty ignorant to the technology.

She is with Maruruk, his pelvis is still healing. But with Reg, the tremors would make the Abyss collapse on itself.

Nah, same guy. He did stuff like the scene of Arararagi burning in Kizu.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/24702

They probably wanted him since it makes the monsters look particularly otherworldly. They definitely are pretty choppy in MiA though, but then again when Mob tried the same thing it ended up being basically just stills so I imagine it's hard as fuck to animate properly on a TV series' budget and timeframe.

So when is this absolute madman gonna finally draw Riko?

She gets the heart shaped pupils

Never, nobody actually makes fanart of poopgirl.

Is the preview up?