/IBS/ general

/IBS/ general
Penalty tax Tesco/Walmart and all other companies that are causing such pain and suffering? It's not only 'don't buy their cheap stuff you moron', how the fuck would I know that fish n chips is using tesco potatoes? Or fish? Or both? McDonalds should cover the NHS costs of diarrhea and vomit suffered by all, just like tesco/walmart you name it

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/ibs/ibs-triggers-prevention-strategies#1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could call it abuse, I guess, our rights to shit right are definitely abused

>Blocking
I would not use that word, but hey, at least it's something

Or you can eat high fiber & low carb and fix it, you whale.

There is no direct evidence that diet causes IBS. For all we know, it's water treatment, lack of epidemic disease, metal poisoning. FFS, the leading theory is that it's caused by a low fiber diet based on mere correlation of fiber content in traditional diets and low IBS rates. There are other correlating factors mentioned above. Not to mention IBS has increasingly become the diagnosis of first resort by overloaded doctors with minimal GI training/education even though it's formally a diagnosis of exclusion.

The sad thing is that IBS, as a chronic condition that is not life threatening, is a disease that doctors intentionally sweep under the rug. No one thinks they'll be hailed as a savior if they cure IBS. No one thinks they'll be a hero if they discover what causes IBS. No one thinks they'll get rich if they find an actual medical treatment. Just as an eye opener, the idea that there might be a scientific basis for dietary guidelines for IBS patients dates back to 2005. That's 13 years ago. Research is still only being conducted by a single lab in Australia. Before that, the recommendation was "bland diet", with no specific instructions except to avoid added spices (many of which have proven to be harmless).

Oh sure, ate a ton of popcorn, super high fiber, still shit, fiber is a myth

Doesn't work for a majority of patients. Some patients improve on low fiber diets. FODMAP diet only appears to work because it eliminates every single carbohydrate that is difficult to digest in any way and still only reduces symptoms.

Also
>high fiber & low carb
Sounds like you've got a lot of experience. Where does one find fiber in protein and fats? PROTIP: You don't. Fibers are just indigestible carbohydrates. Plus, many people with IBS/GI diseases have symptoms get much worse on high fat diets. Lrn2notbebrainlet.

>Where does one find fiber in protein and fats?
Nuts, avocados, broccoli...

Again with fiber mything, I don't buy it, or to put it differently, even when I bought it and forced myself into ton of popcorn it did nothing, maybe like with cancers, 5% of x cancer is because of fiber, so giving fiber to everyone is like giving xrays of chest to melanoma patient

I'm on low carb high fibre and it hasn't done anything to fix my bowel problems, though they are really fucking bad.

Which are still mostly carbohydrates.

Try fasting, m80s

Tried nuts too, no success, it's fucking depressing at that point that medicine has no fucking answer, science sucks ass, go land on the moon, you'll shit your pants still

Don't eat any food prepared from a crop that was stored in a silo. No wheat or corn or peanuts, too many mycotoxins (((chrome does not recognize this properly spelled word))) from sitting in a silo while kikes play commodity futures and it rots and makes us sick by the time its sold and made into anything made by anyone.

You want them to live off air or what?

Yeah, I'm skeptical of the fiber cult. Fiber makes you poop regularly. That's scientifically well established. Why fiber makes you poop regularly and whether that's good for you has very little evidence. The most up to date hypothesis is it works as a mild laxative by scraping your intestines enough to make them bleed a little, which then makes them secrete a lubricating mucous. I'm waiting for the day when doctors understand that there are several types of fiber with different effects on the GI tract. But in the meantime let's have doctors who got their understanding of fiber from nutrition facts labels and the disclaimers on metamucil jugs.

I tried eating my own grown veggies and shit, still same, I think it's bacterial/viral, not diet

>tfw random tinfoiler on Sup Forums has medical advice as scientific as your PCP

It's like cancer really, one name for a disease that is a thousand put into one label, cancer of: skin, dick, stomach, blood, you name it... thousands of diseases, but it looks better on statistics, medicine only doesn't cure cancer and IBS, rest we do pretty well. Then give medals when one cancer affecting 0.1% of patients is cured. Medical revolution YAY

them tits though...

nah, it impacts also males

webmd.com/ibs/ibs-triggers-prevention-strategies#1

in that case it would be starvation not fasting

>implying certified health book memorizing nerds would ever understand or mention anything about mycotoxins or gut flora
They just need to move on to the next client, and the next. A failed diagnosis here and there is fine, they got plenty of other customers.

>A failed diagnosis here and there is fine
I' sure it's same with cancer, they gonna be dead soon, so who cares, right?

Suffered through that shit for a few years. Got antidepressants etc. which didn’t help. Then I become vegan about a year ago and it all went away over a couple of months. I think it was the change in intestinal bacteria.

the one thread where 'I'm vegan btw' fits

Intestinal gut bacteria/stress. I was shitting acid for years up to 6 times daily. Thought I had celiac disease, but the tests came back negative. I still eat gluten free anyways and I havent had IBS ever since so I just stick with it. I believe its some form of pesticide or something along those lines that destroys gut bacteria, not necessarily just gluten itself.

>gluten free
That is even more bs than fiber

Webmd is terrible.

It literally tells you to load up on one of the worst fodmaps for one type, gives a mishmash of half-baked advice for another type, and ignores the two other types. Then it goes to stress management, because if a chronic disease is affected by stress (this describes all diseases, BTW) it must be caused by stress! It's 1980 and the Rome Conference never happened! Coke parties for all!

>charging to perscribe very costly crazy chemicals and have lab workers run radiation treatments after running 1-2 blood/sample tests in a computer
>charging to study books and run 5,6,7,8 different blood/sample tests to be able to guess and suggest diet changes then modify strategy based on results of the next battery of tests months later
I bet most doctors are praying for the day they have an opportunity to take the second case over the first.

what? you're not gonna get daltonism because of milkers, it's a valid point

Personal theory on that is gluten free helps because gluten free grains tend to be low FODMAP. FODMAPs are hard for everyone to digest, so if you have any kind of GI problem, a FODMAP reduction will have a significant reduction in symptoms as well.

Cut out all sugar, all grains, all peanuts, all milk and dairy. Use honey and alternative flours, almonds, and coconut/almond milk instead. Try this for 6 months, see if you feel better. If you do improve you can slowly add small amounts of dairy and oat type grains back into your diet after the initial 6 months.

I just got home after about 50 minutes away.

What's happened since? Liberalistismists been BTFO?

Did the vegan guy also become gluten free? There's thousands of 'cures' out there, if we accept IBS to be cancer-like, with thousands of illnesses hiding behind one label, sure, maybe some are cured by gluten removal, but there are also IBS sufferers who already cut gluten out of their diet, just sounds like a vegan chiming in they also have IBS, would not be surprised

Wrong syndrome

almonds are pretty much same as nuts? milk and dairy - sounds you had lactose intolerance, not really IBS

You only need to try a diet for a month. Six is overkill. Also, the FODMAP elimination diet is similar, but more comprehensive and based on over a decade of good, reproducible research.

Word to the wise, use rice. It's the only fully non-fermentable carbohydrate. Any strict elimination diet without it comes with significant risks of rapid weight loss because there's no fucking calories in the rest of the safe-ish carbohydrates and you'll probably have problems with a high-fat diet.

BABY WANT MILK MILK

>rapid weight loss
pls elaborate

Yeah, I don't think cutting out gluten is the cure-all for IBS.

Mine improves when I cut sugar, eat more fiber, eat moderate amounts of probiotic yogurt, and reduce all other dairy. Cutting or keeping gluten in my diet has no impact (which is great because I really love bread).

I thought this was a clever pic for internet blood sports. But NOPE.

A F U C K I N G R O O

>cure-all for IBS
kratom desu

wrong syndrome, go shit somewhere else

Aqua!

>side effects include nausea/vomiting

I could just cut out the middleman and keep my IBS then. Unlike kratom, it's free.

>cure-all
I don't believe that is possible or even feasible, hundreds of 'cures', none applicable to all, it's really like cancer, medicine loves to put a thousand of diseases under one name. Not sure if statistics is the cause (we cure 99% of diseases, just don't look at 9000 cancers and 9000 IBS, they are only 2), or just laziness

Just stop eating should do the trick

The real cure is leading a healthier lifestyle desu

same with epilepsy, 1000s of pills, none cures them all, still plenty of uncurable epileptics, but hey, medicine only fails to cure epilepsy, 1 disease, right? science rocks

show me how healthy life cures epilepsy/IBS/cancer desu

the world should just go full hitler and exterminate all the defective whining cunt faggots
the reason the same shitheads whine they can't make it on one salary "anymore" "like so and so used back in the day" is because back in the day you whined like a cunt like that, you got your ass kicked then shut up for good.

>side effects include nausea/vomiting
no such thing

Unless you're on an elimination diet under the direction of a dietitian, they just give you a list of foods to avoid and foods to try and see if they are ok.

The foods to try are all low-calorie or are recommended for VERY SMALL portion sizes, like a literal spoonful of peanut butter per day (often they don't even give portion size instructions, causing you surprise problems and needless appointments).

So you're trying to avoid about 50% of the foods you've been eating for decades while trying to get 38 grams of fiber while trying to not make your stomach feel like it will explode. The only way to get 2,000 calories under these conditions is to eat a lot of fat (which worsens symptoms for most patients!) or to eat a lot of meat (which worsens symptoms for a lot of patients and are often high-fat!). Rice is pretty much the only way to get enough calories because you have to be allergic to it for it to cause GI issues and comes in low-fiber varieties if fiber is an issue for you.

Plus, severe GI symptoms usually equals high risk for rapid weight loss for obvious reasons, so when you do an elimination diet wrong you're doing a double whammy for risk of rapid weight loss.

>mysides.jpg

right, that's right after you expels all the negroes to the 'new madagascar' and reestablish a white ethnostate in US, guess what, IBS impacts as much whites as blacks, so you will still have to come up with IBSstate

>Sup Forums
>this bullshit
>in my vagina
no

LMAO you crybaby fucking cunt
Hitler inspired exterminations when