CATHOLIC GENERAL

Romans and Orthodox both allowed, brothers in christ

Overbin: pastebin.com/raw/NVcvpAEP (THANKS WOLF!)

>The Basics of Christianity pastebin.com/H06aCfNe >The Papacy and Church Authority pastebin.com/Gq0Rf4TL >The Communion and Intercession of Saints pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe >Sacred Tradition and its Connection to Scripture pastebin.com/LnCungNW >Essay on Asceticism and Christian Optimism pastebin.com/tWVjensD >The Problem of Evil and the Problem of Hell pastebin.com/ZU01sygz >Galileo, Giodano Bruno, and Wycliffe pastebin.com/TXRv3hHG >Why Mary is called "Queen of Heaven". pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP >The "Whore of Babylon" pastebin.com/dQGrKhZu >The Origin of the Hail Mary pastebin.com/7ibTzYiD >Scripture on Christian Unity pastebin.com/ZFhcHLTC >For the Community: Tales of Love pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA >For the Community: The Beauty of Creation pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK

Other urls found in this thread:

concordant.org/expositions/the-eons/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksp4kRn7lGk
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Revelation-13-1_13-18/
jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry about the formatting guys, am phone postin

Keeping this bumped

Orthodox checking in. How’s your Lent going? Im on day 4 of nofap and honestly I’m already feeling like a new person. I’m hoping this is the turning point for me.

Lord have mercy, holy Theotokos pray for us!

Hey fellow orthobro
Same goal for lent. I have so much more energy, I took a shower, had friends over, read 5 books of the Bible (Paul's Epistles are admittedly short)

I feel like a whole new person

Great argument, because all Catholics are unswervingly loyal to Francis...

Also, take off the flag

Staying busy and social is actually a huge part of it. I’m generally at work all the time, but now that I’m rooming with a bro I’ve noticed there’s far less opportunity for temptation. I don’t know your living/working situation but try your best to stay occupied with productive things. Also sleeping in the same room unironically helps.

They have a nofap app that really helps too.
Ive basically been half-hesychasming this whole afternoon

I’ll check it out, thanks.

On a side note are these threads usually this quiet? I haven’t been on Sup Forums in like 6 months and I remember more activity.

they're usually very lively, just quiet tonight.

I'll bump the thread even through you said I as a Christian am unwelcome.
/unshakable faith/

Never said you werent welcome, but its a thread based around Catholics

How are you doing Protestantbro?

Why do Catholics believe that Mary was a perpetual virgin?

Pretty good, I was listening to some Dr. Stanley today on the radio, read some of Daniel and got a prayer meeting in the am.

Christians are just lower level Jews, and you know it.

wait are southern Baptists allowed in? We never get our own general.

Cant answer for that as ortho, I would Google that.
Awesome. Ive been improving my schedule and devoting more time to Christ, and it feels GOOD

Thanks for the bump reprobate.

Yep!

I'm doing the exact same. I started a day earlier, so I'm in day five. I believe in you.

well shucks guys Im happy to be here.

There's way more Southern Baptists in America than Catholics (if you don't count the illegal). We should have a /SBCG/

Happy to have you! I know very little about southern Baptists though..

Next thread will be /CG/ - Christian General

>more time for Christ
That's always good. Hebrews says to fellowship daily.
>Hebrews 3:13 & 10:25
Daily!

well as long as noone starts drinking, or dancing we get along just fine. Other that its mostly cultural and traditional. spiritually its a very reserved protestant faith.
not a bad idea. I am lapsed unfortunately. I would like a chance to speak with others before trying to find a church.

the hell is half-hesychasming?

genuine question, genuine interest

Hesychasm is a Orthodox tradition of meditative prayer.

Aka what monks do
Aka ive basically just hung out with God this afternoon

How can protestants assert they hold the true and correct doctrine and faith when the origin of their faith and doctrine comes from a singular monk who lived more than 1500 years after Christ?
Also I raise the question that, for around 400 years there was a lack of a established canon of scripture recognized universally throughout christendom, therefore leading to the conclusion that it was not Sola Scripta for which the apostles were taught, but in accordance to tradition and the word of our Lord, why do the protestants not see that they broke off of the True Church?

Daniil pls go

>what is a Southern Baptist
sola scriptura, gracia, fide
immersion baptism.

We do communion about 4-6 times a year in church. Worship is usually 60 to 90 minutes. Sing Baptist Hymns... None of that new age contemporary crap, no mega mcchurches.

Sorry user, my names Tyler

To fulfill the prophecy that the Savior of Mankind would be born of a Virgin. Also I might add, Christ is recorded to have had no siblings, leading to the conclusion that she was a Virgin in perpetuity.

most sermons on Catholicism that I have heard stress corruption in the higher echelons, and what can only be deemed a feeling of the holy spirit no longer inhabiting the Holy Roman Church. Broqdly though there is no major antagonism. When the Enemy attacks the faith all are called to stand together.But Personally I feel the seventh day Adventists are furthest from the true doctrine of Christ. Though I would sooner call any one of them brother long before I would say the same for idk a muslim, jew, or Buddhist

Lapsed how... unbelief or just cold feet?

That sounds pretty good
>immersion baptism
FUCKING BASED

I got faith, I have fruits of the spirit, I take communion I have works, I confess mu sins to God... You?

James?

I didn't had the balls to invite my cousin to see black panther on premiere tonight

Well, he was certainly born of a virgin if he was the first of Mary's children and he was conceived by the holy spirit. But there are plenty of references to Jesus' brothers and sisters, who are named, across gospels. If they are not really his siblings it is odd that they are always with Mary, for instance in Cana.

concordant.org/expositions/the-eons/

so I'm watching this documentary. they say there's evidence that everything before the king david was made up.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksp4kRn7lGk

But should The Church be attacked from the inside by those who hold high offices and abuse these offices in the name of God and his Church, would that even be able to destroy the Church that God established, or to say that the "Gates of Hell" had triumphed over his Church for which he promised would not happen?

James was a brother to Christ as in brotherhood

I've seen 5 or 6 catholic masses (didn't take their communion) and the sermon was only like 5 minutes. I like a good Southern Baptist sermon 40+ minutes.

Our church was heavily into Y2K.
I spent most of my childhood preparing to fight the armies of satan. Whenit didnt happen I spent what 16 years now? Raging against God for "lying" to me. Childish. I am embarrassed to admit I he!d on to that twisted thinking for so long, and true it was a time after that in high school and college were it was far easier to be an athiest. instead kf being a buzzkill I was popular. it was easy to abandon God for me. Society had made it seem good, honest, and true. But lately Ive had time to think on it. And Though I can think of no logical arguemment for faith. I found that I still have it. Surprising me most of all. so idk tl;dr maybe it was a touch of both.

Alright, im off to bed
God bless you all

I knew Pastors whod rail aginst the "whore of babylon" But in my expierence the catholics are our brothers. I believe any organization of men can be corrupted. But in the end it is not for us to judge them. If one or two popes knowlingly worked against God then that is his buisness. I cannot know what is in any mans heart or soul. So I cannot say.

Do you believe in the real presence of the Body and Blood of Christ in the Euchraist?
How do you affirm that God has acknowledged your sins and absolved you of them? I know of Christ granting his apostles the authority and power to absolve sin.

"22When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. 23Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." - St. John 20:22-23

Stay strong brother. Don’t forget what Christ did for us that day.

no we rejected transubstantion.
we practice communion as a symbol.

James was an unbeliever in the gospels, it wasn't until the resurrection that he was a believer, so brother was literally blood relation.

But user, could the gates of Hell triumph over His Church?

>55 “Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56 Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?”

You think this is talking about a "brotherhood"?

well you got me there.
No. I do not believe such a thing to be possible.
>when you see the trap swinging shut, but you walk in anyways

What good is a symbol? How can a symbol bestow eternal life?

"27Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. 28But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of the chalice. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord." - 1 Cor 11:27 - 29

it cannot. Only God has that power, and only through the sacrifice, and power of Jesus interceding on our behalf can we attain Salvation.
we practice communion as a means of honoring the covenant of Jesus. Though figurative the rite is blessed and holy.

I had a similar stare into the abyss myself. I came to realize i was angry at God... but how could I be angry if He didn't exist. It took having my pride completely removed, a "Damascus Road" conversion of sorts. God will not let his Sons be snatched from His hand.
>I prepared to fight Satan
Satan is all around an attacks us, tempts us, and accuses us every day. Maybe it comes across too literally to children, but we each are responsible for our OWN salvation. Though your parents did good, maybe they didn't really prepare you. Most faithful followers, I've found, dont really know that part of faith, because they never stared into the abyss.

So then you admit that Christ founded One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church? For which no evil may defeat and triumph over? If so, then now you must determine that church, is it the one of Luther or Calvin or Henry the VIII... or is it the one for which Peter was entrusted as the chief Shepard out of all of the apostles?

So Christ, when saying that "this is my body and this is my blood" and commanding his apostles to "eat and drink of it", it was purely symbolic, with no actual use to mankind like baptism is?

Then you haven't been to the big leagues yet. Try watching a full Latin Society of Saint Peter Mass, you will have a ball with that!

yes. yes this rings true. its something im still coming to terms with. and yeah that catch 22! kek oh man. we are masters of self deception.
and yeah I thought itd be like red dawn. heh I was young. Now though I look around and see that the absence of myself and others of my generation has been sorely felt in the church. the Fight is real, and though I promised to fight beside my brothers I have been on the other team. My parents are great people. but yes my spiritual education was vague.
the abyss is a good word for it. Im gonna keep that.

The communion is ceremonial, but done out of faith, literal faith unironic belief in Christ's resurection. Its because Christ said "this do in remembrance of me". I'm not saying you're wrong or unsaved, but if you want to condemn me so be it. We both love Christ, I give you the liberty to worship how you wish.

Regarding confession, its not that we only confess to God as in 1 John, we also do so to our brothers when needed, that's part of fellowship. Note brothers, not father. Why must we focus on differences though?

Could it not be that Christ claimed them as brothers and sisters for he knew what would happen after his resurrection?

so why didnt he cut off a finger and hand it around? I believe he always intended for it to be metaphor for the covenant of blood. It was no cannibal feast, but a sealing of a "deal" so to speak.
All that Preach his name are Christian. Wheresoever two or more are gathered in my name there I am with them.
Matthew 18:20

Then why did Christ give the authority and power directly to men to absolve sins? Also we must focus on differences so that we can eliminate error, therefore leading people down the true path and not one of error as was the belief of the heretic Arius or Nestorus.

Thats the whole point of Transubsatiation, is that a thing can both things at once. (Not saying that Christ was made of bread and wine and water, but that Christ made bread and wine and water his body and Blood)

I'll check one out just cuz you said to, as long as you watch a Pastor Anderson vid or two.

I grew up a Anglican and then a non denominational, I know what Protestant ism offers me, I decline the offer of Luther. But I accept the chance to increase my knowledge about the various religious groups.

the point was that people believed the bread became actual flesh in the stomach.
Those who have rejected transubstantiation believe that it does not. that if you vomit after communion your spewing grape juice and crackers.

Also btw, you will want a translation of Latin Mass, it helps quite a bit

I pray that all of your eyes be opened to the Truth, that your souls may be saved. Your religion will lead you to hell if you keep following it.

1 Timothy 2:5 - For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Mark 7:7 - Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

kingjamesbibleonline.org/Revelation-13-1_13-18/

... wait the Baptists(me, and one other guy here) the templar anglican, or the Catholics?

No, for 1500 years it was affirmed as a fact that when mass was preformed, the participants became witnesses to the Sacrafice of Our Lord, not when the bread and wine reach the stomach.
See Adoration, it is when the Eurchraist is placed for the public to contemplate on the Crucifixion of Jesus since the Euchraist is the actual universal sacrafice of Christ.

jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm

If you truly want to be Saved turn towards the Lord Jesus Christ and reject the teachings of heretics. Please.

>abyss
It sums up the emptiness of atheism, the nihilism. The first step defeating it was realization that I wasn't content with it, that I wanted more. The hurdle was faith, I wanted faith but couldn't get it, but looking back I see I never asked or wanted it, the shield of Pride is a mighty one. It really took one of those few moments in your entire life where you are just in pieces... Instead of cursing God i cried out to Him for mercy... And I had all the "proof" I always asked for.

im gonna level here bro. I thought this was a dead issue religiously since at least the 17th century. But if you wish to continue debating. communion I will google further on the subject.

>brothers in christ
Speak for yourself papist scum

All who follow doctrines against scripture are going to hell. Christianity is not a religion it's an understanding. Follow the bible and only the bible

Matthew 15:9
“But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

>Reject the Heretics
>Link to a Heretic

user, please, I assure you Luther was not given the keys to heaven, that was someone else... if only I could remember whoo.. Gee I wonder... maybe Peter?

>teleports behind you

Im reasonably certain all the Catholics went to bed.
its intresting. theres no stronger faith than in an angry athiest. ah and what a foolish philosophy is that. agnostics at least are honest.
dude they are asleep. if you would like I can call you a heretic. Would that make you happy?

Im trying it all. On day 4 no fap, day 2 no booze, and fasting. Failed at fasting tonight but hey.

It was never a dead issue because the Truth, and everything contrary to it is never a dead issue.

The Catholic Church is definitely not Christian. From Marion worship to Clergy pedophilia it oozes evil. It hoards billions and has a wall around its headquarters. Besides Jesus is not God. It is being taught as a fact that Jesus never existed.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

>For which no evil may defeat and triumph over?
that's what they used to say about jerusalem temple

Joseph Smith practiced all sorts of heresy. Polygamy one of the chief sins. Did he not learn from Solomon?

Following men will send you to hell. Follow the Lord and get Saved. Please.

Arius, your heresy is old and played out.

I believe you are wrong about communion, but I have no further arguments to make. I must say that im enjoying talking to you. Its weird because im reasonably certain your just messing around, but there is truth and conviction in your statements. In the end perhaps my soul is damned, or maybe yours is. perhaps neither one of us need worry. I dont know. But I agree these things matter and should be discussed.

that's like some jew argument. jesus was a man.

Except Christ himself promised that His Church would not be defeated. And God does not Lie.

why are you spending that much effort in this thread?

BEGONE HERETIC.
Leave the presence of the LORD our GOD.
and defile his holy places no more.

Good evening heretics

>person who says Jesus is not God thinks he knows what's Christian
While I detest Vatican II as much as any of the faithful, these claims are completely absurd.

What happens when Christ entrusted a man with the Keys to Heaven, or when he entrusted men to proclaim his gospel honestly and truthfully, or when he told a man to "feed his sheep", or when he chose a select to write his Gospel as it actually happened?

I most certainly am not trolling.
I suggest referring to the early church father's, after all, can we not agree that the first four or so centuries were filled with honest convictions of true believers? And wouldn't they hold the truth as it was taught by the mouth of Christ since Canon was not recognized universally across the world?