Bulletproof blankets - Coming to a School near you

>We've now had so many mass shootings that entrepreneurs see space in the market for a bulletproof blanket, made specifically to shield small children from gunfire.

>The Bodyguard Blanket, made by a company called ProTecht, is a bulletproof 5/16-inch pad, made from the same materials used by our military, except it's for kids. They even come in different sizes.

>Here are some facts about the blanket, according to the company's website. These are all direct quotes:

It is made of the same materials our U.S. soldiers wear while in battle, and is equal to or exceeds the protection used by our police departments.
After extensive research, it is estimated that Bodyguard blanket provides bullet resistant protection against 90% of all weapons that have been used in school shootings in the United States.
Bodyguard blanket can be easily fastened around a child or adult, and is amazingly lightweight.
When seconds count, Bodyguard blanket can provide a quick, simple solution for maximum protection against a school intruder.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMnKNHNfznE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This does nothing against rifles, and school administrators are too retarded to realize this because they're all cat ladies.

Also seems to do nothing to actually cover a student

every school should just have a bunker with underground tunnels from each classroom

trump wants to improve infrastructure, this is one way to do it

>shoot kid in foot
>other kids freak out and get up to run
>turn them to pulp
>some kids kept down
>just pull off the blanket
>turn them to pulp as well
>mfw killing kids has never been easier

Someone photoshop the fish onto the children.

>Everyone keep your ass pointed outwards.

>what is kinetic energy

That's fucking retarded. These kids are more statistically likely to get struck by lighting than to get killed in a school shooting. Just because the events get lots of press doesn't mean it's happening to a large percentage of the population.

They’ll just get a few broken bones, better than being dead

ProTecht ftw. they will make millions

>They’ll just get a few broken bones, better than being dead
lol no not from a battle rifle.

I can't tell if you're actually this fucking dumb with your fucking mcdonald's flag.

Nice Bait

Why not just allow teachers who want to carry a concealed weapon on their person do so. Obviously they'd have to pass some certifications, first. There's really nothing else possible to do about school shooters, short of trying to confiscate all guns and start a civil war over the matter. And that wouldn't stop shootings anyway.

Because the vast majority of teachers are woman and do not understand authority.

>Implying the shooter will shoot on the blankets and go on his merry way when the kids obviously don't die.

HURR DURR

Armed teachers works better.

Thanks for the (you)s

>Shoot kids
>take blankets
>fasten them together
>Bullet resistant shooter

Feels good

School principle should keep a locked ar-15 in his office, and concealed carry a pistol along with 2-3 other staff members. Save all the money and nobody will try school shooting anymore because now they'll know they're going to get turned into swiss cheese before they can empty their first mag.

These things would be useless - it's run, hide, fight.

If you hear the gunshots, run away towards an exit. If there is no clear exit, hide in a room and lock/barricade the door - if the shooter is going for a high score odds are he'll keep moving. The only time these retarded blankets would come into play is if you reached the fight stage, at which point it's kill or be killed, and hiding under a blanket isn't going to do fuck all.

Someone post this on /k/, they will have a hearty kek

COMPED

someone needs to make a crying wojak under one of those and in a panel next to it a comfy pepe NEETing at home

Why would they lay in the hallway?

The real solution is bulletproof doors. Also, a rule that they must be locked at all times.

Why don't Americans just wear bulletproof clothing as part of their normal wear? This whole unarmoured civilian bullshit is the main reason people can get away with killing a whole bunch of people before they scatter and hide.
Of course having the teachers carry would help but no Americans ban them from having weapons.

Why not make the school uniforms be a suit of armor?

Teachers need guns

Why buy that when you can just put a couch in every room?

I haven't laughed out loud at something like this for a while. Thanks user.

Typical (((entrepeneurs))). Don't even make the blankets big enough to cover the children. That would cut into the profit margin too much.

>your country is unironically treating elementary schools similar to war zones

Holy fuck America is great again amirite you fucking maga faggots

They were trying to push these a few years back when Sandy Hook happened as well. They are a stupid idea and everyone knows it.

It'd be expensive to buy plates for everyone, but if we use cheaper AR500 steel rather than ceramic than we could save money and the extra weight would help reduce childhood obesity. Win-win!

This!

>Paying for security in schools.
That's heresy mate. Everyone knows that security is so last millennium... and the few before that too.

Even a nigger knows better tan you

youtube.com/watch?v=zMnKNHNfznE

>>We've now had so many mass shootings that entrepreneurs see space in the market for a bulletproof blanket,
That's always been a good idea, bulletproof anything sells.
> Imma get one, put a hole big enough for my flash suppressor to fit through and...

What'll it be fellas,
MODERN OR MEDIEVAL?!

This won't work with rifles desu

Are they going to have pockets for sapi plates?

>People casually wear light armour for centuries after Rome fell.
>They did this because not everyone is nice.
>Armour in warfare fell out of fashion because guns aren't particularly hindered by armour (Full plate is actually quite effective but that's another matter).
>Modern times has produced new armour that can withstand bullets.
>Yet modern people have gotten used to dying if they are attacked so they don't wear the new armour.
Does modern mean retarded?

>Giving armor to the shooter
>Kids still somewhat exposed to gunfire
LMAOing at your life

Bulletproof blankets are racist.

>They did this because not everyone is nice.
It was a matter of prestige.

There is no need for prestige when you're a random city dweller. Nobles were often the least armoured people around because they were surrounded by people who were extra armoured.

Just how effective is a full complete set of armour user?

don't forget that when the SWAT team comes for them that they now have materials to bunker up with in a room!

>There is no need for prestige when you're a random city dweller.
There is always a need for prestige. That's why brand clothes, cars and electronics exist.

Against ball bullets? Very effective.
Against modern bullets? Not much more effective than clothing.
Against """modern""" miniature pistol ammo? Moderately effective.

Alternatively: Ball = survive 10 shots.
Modern ammo = survive maybe one shot if it hits the right spot.
Pistol ammo = survive 5 at least. Some of the smaller calibres or trash material ammo can have you surviving forever but that's the ammo's fault rather than the armour.

Of course if we use a full set of modern armour then you can pick between a full set of kevlar (which has never been worn because nobody can be bothered doing anything more than hat + chest) or a tank. The tank prevents bullets pretty well.

Yes it does, user, yes it does.

ricochet rounds ...

>> Imma get one, put a hole big enough for my flash suppressor to fit through and...

brilliant!

That's why they wore the really expensive tailored clothing with ultra high thread counts.
For more tribal organizations (like much of Europe) nobles would wear armour and cloaks not to look good in front of other people but rather to prevent themselves being assassinated. A king would usually wear an extremely heavy cloak that arrows would have a tough time penetrating so that they don't get killed from behind.

Thanks for the info lad, would any armour stand up to high powered rifles?

No. Bring a tank.

All because no one wants to even TRY the armed guards idea. It's not like every student, or even every teacher is getting a gun, it's an idea to put people who went through extensive back ground checks and are heavily scrutinized for their experience to work on protecting students.

And of course no one would ever allow this. First they say "gun control isn't about taking your guns away" and then they say "NO GUNS IN SCHOOL, EVER, REEEEEEEE".

or just send your kids to private school and you don't have to worry about wiggers shooting it up.

Need to make a Liam Neeson movie where he's a veteran spook that saves a school from a small group of armed psychos.

Or, promote the existing movie "man on fire" about a black body guard in South America protecting a little white girl from spic kidnappers.

>>Yet modern people have gotten used to dying if they are attacked so they don't wear the new armour.
more like it's banned.
That's the state of cuckstraylia.

the fucked up thing is the shooter going to stay in US prison for life, at the expense of the tax dollars of the people he killed

cuck'd

Florida has the death penalty.

the job of the defense attorney is to prevent this. which he will :/

>I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. If you let my daughter go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.