Kenshin is back bitches

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/01-1/rurouni-kenshin-hokkaido-arc-manga-prepares-to-launch?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZOYfyExvcI
youtube.com/watch?v=b9yyWn71URs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love Nobuhiro Watsuki so why not?

No you don't.

Will there be Soujiro?

Watsuki still can't make anything else successful, huh.

That's not how you spell seijuro

There was Buso Renkin. lol

I want to believe Watsuki is coming back to this because he has a great idea on how to follow it and not because he doesn't know what else to do but come back to the only thing that really worked for him. But Kenshin's story was pretty fucking closed at the end of the manga, and I don't know how is he going to justify him being the main character again (which his editor confirmed, he will be). Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu was said to be unusable at the end of the manga and Kenshin passed his sword to Yahiko.

I wish Embalming was more popular

The history have a end , and TWO prologues, the carácters don't have motivation anymore, etc...
Nobuiko is clearly desperate.

I will read it if it includes the two best boys.

For fuck's sake why?

Not to be downer, but I just can't get behind this. The series had a near perfect ending so there is literally no reason to continue the story. Watsuki is obviously just trying to make some quick and easy money; hopefully he doesn't ruin his most popular series in the process.

That was his last series before doing more Kenshin right?

yeah
10 volumes too, just like Buso Renkin

If it has best girl Megumi I might follow it.

You're not alone. He's been making new reboots and the one prequel with Shishio for a while now. People will still be willing to read new content through.

Not really, because he put it on hiatus multiple times to do some Kenshin, it was just filler he published between Kenshin

Always fucking remember. Making a new anything does not negate whatever there already was.

There's no "ruining" anything you absolute autist. Dragon Ball is a fantastic 519 chapter manga with or without Super's existence.

Will they be using the redesigns? Posting Kamatari, because "she" was my first trap crush. Gave me so many confused boners as a middle schooler.

You say that, but then GTO: Paradise Lost and Shaman King Flowers exist

>Kamatari in a thong
L-lewd!

So many WSJ mangaka can't get another hit after their initial success and have to go back to their old series.

How come the Shonen Sunday and Magazine people are having better results with their careers?

not as much pressure?
better editors?
who knows

Loved Buso Renkin. Too bad it didn't seem to get that much attention.

Saito is hot af

That's a fundoshi, which is normal underwear for males in that time period.

I read that reboot chapter of Kenshin, it was garbage.
This will probably be garbage too. Watsuki don't got it anymore.

>The unsheather
Where's her bulge?

That's Kenshin's title, not Honjou's.

Yeah, I realized that but it's still funny. That said it's awful for Kenshin.

Also why did Kamatari steal Busou Renkin's scythe?

Because the redesigns stole about half of everything from Busou Renkin.
Not that that's a bad thing, it had style.

Sure as hell made Kaoru a bit more interesting.

what didn't you like about it?
I read both volumes and it was fine not the best thing ever written, but a as just a short manga it was good

More style, maybe. Less charm though, imo.

It was a pointless reboot and worse than the original in every way.

>It was a pointless reboot and worse than the original in every way.
that isn't an answer to what I asked you

The only thing I disliked was Hiko Seijuro.
There's got to be some good way to incorporate the Spawn cape and the implication that Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu is the Fountain of Youth.

It's mediocre if you've never read kenshin before. It's shit if you have.

I dunno, he looks stylish as fuck, in an alt. costume kind of way.

I have read Kesnhin before, and it was fine, tell me what it was specifically you didn't like about it user
desu it's my favorite re-design, even though Seijuro has no reason to be in a suit

Oh God, the Sasuke fangirls of the Kenshin era return.

>tell me what it was specifically you didn't like about it user
It read like a halfassed summary where most characters were caricatures of their original selves (even villains that were already caricatures), the art is way worse, too.

>Oh God, the Sasuke fangirls
Those are the aoshi fans.

I disagree on everything, while the characters aren't nearly as fleshed out I felt each one got a fair representation for the manga's short duration,except maybe Gein but he wasn't anything big to begin with

I think the art is actually better as well, it's a natural evolution of watsuki's unique style

I don't agree that it's a summary either, it tells it's own short story that made for an enjoyable afternoon read

the humor is also pretty good too

I'm not saying that it's equal to original, but as an alt story it's fine

The only thing I care about is if Saito is in it, because I just don't have the patience for any arc without Saito.

>I think the art is actually better as well, it's a natural evolution of watsuki's unique style
The evolution was already a de-evolution by the end of the original manga, it's only gotten worse since.
It tells the gatling gun battle on the first fucking chapter, and the villain was a flanderized, hammy version of his old self (who was never a subtle villain in the first place).

It's pretty shit, and it was completely pointless, since the original already did it, only much better.

Woops yeah, got those mixed up.

More like "back again".

>one hit wonder manga is being milked by the author

since people keep wondering, here's a preview with confirmed returning characters

we're not going to agree on the art or the story, but especially not the art, I really like it
I like to think of it as kinda like an X-men movie I guess, It tells a story that was in the source material, but it condenses it and changes enough to make the short run work out

I get that people won't like i, but I did have fun reading it

>that Kaoru design

She's gonna fight isn't she, how much of a huge role she's gonna play in the continuation.

Yes and I hope she goes knee deep Kenshin's dick hard

This, when authors try to continue a series years after and beat a dead horse I just consider the author to be two seperate people and i can treat the new content as a soon off or something.

>spin off

I have no words to express the amount of 'FUCK YEAH' this evokes in me.

Don't hurt me but I thought Flowers was shaping up to be pretty interesting.

Like, I assume Yoh's dad is the ghost powering the golem but I won't find out because it's on hiatus.

same here, takei needs to fix his fucking pacing though

also Shueisha lost the rights to SK recently, and next year it'll turn 20 so maybe we'll see something happen there

Reminder that Sojiro was best boy.

I would fuck him. No homo.

They're going to have him fight some more?
For fucks sake, let the man die already!

He gave me strange sexual feelings. I still don't know how it happened.

Obviously they are going to pull a Battleship Yamato and resurrect Kenshin in the near future as a cyborg samurai.

yeah, I love Kenshin but it's over. Let it be over. Id rather not deal with a DB Super

You got one for Misao? She was always my favorite

What? Why?!

As much as I loved the anime and the manga when growing up as a 90's kid I don't see how he can continue to have Kenshin being a shonen protagonist after the conclusive ending and time-skip. If he wants a quick buck why not finally animate the Jinchu Arc? I fear it might go Super (as in DBS)

>If he wants a quick buck why not finally animate the Jinchu Arc?

because this is a new manga and way way cheaper to make than a new anime

If it was a sequel with Yahiko and Kenshin's son I would take it, since that's where the story was naturally going after all.

But making Kenshin the protag again is a big fucking mistake. His story already ended. He can't use Hiten anymore. He passed his sword to Yahiko. I don't see how he can go back to be the MC without ruining the ending of the original.

Kenshin was pretty much the most perfect battle shounen ever. It ended conclusively and exactly where it had to end. I feel like they will ruin the original by making this.

okay, but why? it ended just fine we don't need anymore

>Yahiko and Kenshin's son

Lewd.

But Kenshin was already set too late for a sequel because firearms were making swords obsolete. By the time his son came along it couldn't b about martial arts anymore.

But maybe not being about swordsmen is exactly the kind of fresh twist that's needed?

Now with spats!

And here's Aoshi, who could only be improved in one way.

I'd like to see a match with him against older Yahiko.

Yahiko is going to get demolished in less than five seconds.

I just want to see older Yahiko chasing Yutaro away from Tsubame.

Yahiko wouldn't stand a chance.

Paradise Lost is abusive. It's too much.

Hmmm. Im not sure I ever really considered Misao the tomboy type. Not really sure how to regard this.

It's not their fault Aoshi-sama is the sexiest.

Can't wait to see my OTP again.

>GTO: Paradise Lost
Dont remind me

>ice cold megane danshi x hot-blooded tomboy ninja
I didn't think it was possible to improve on these two, but somehow Watsuki did it.

Kenshin is one of the few series that has more (and much more memorable) EDs than OPs.

I remember when I had a Kenshin theme for Windows 98. Had a screensaver with the Midi for the second OP and everything.

Good times.

Did any of you ever watch the Sony dub for RK?

youtube.com/watch?v=aZOYfyExvcI

>Butt-toe-sai the Manslayer

Media Blasters gave us this memetic classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=b9yyWn71URs

Fourth Avenue Cafe and Heart of sword are GOAT

Well, well, well, looks like a spic.

just let Kenshin rest, we all moved on already too

But he can't use hiten mitsurugi ryu anymore

Gurren Lagann reference? Watsuki confirmed for bros.

It could be some kind of retcon too

"successful"

ouch

YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED BY THE HOKKAIDO ARC REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Better than ADVs dub

Reflection isn't canon right?

>not as much pressure?
>better editors?
What? Let me remind you that a couple of years ago they axed ALL long series except Conan because they wanted to keep it fresh and give a chance to new series. That's why Kenichi that was in the middle of the story had to have rushed ending, among others.

MAKKA NA CHIKAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII