Kill La Kill

So... Kill La Kill is basically what you get if Gurren Lagan and Evagelion copulated and made an illegitimate offspring?

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wikiキルラキル
sakugabooru.com/post/show/15477
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's what you get when you make minor changes to Re:Cutie Honey.

Is Trigger the new Gainax?

>illegitimate offspring
?

Yes, because they have so many similarities. Such as both having female main characters, and so on.

>>illegitimate offspring
>?
You know, the kind you won't admit you have...

no

No, it's more if Gurren Lagann and Utena made an illegitimate offspring.

>Utena
The only common point I see is that there are Lesbians and incest in both show.

There's zero correlation with Evangelion.

Kill la Kill basically a parody of mecha anime. Take a robot anime and then remove the single most defining factor, the robots themselves.
It has robot ugrades and tech rush, it has arch rivals, it has a Char, it has robot hijacking, it has super prototypes, it has an inventor of the single most powerful one dying at the very start, it has mobile base, it has henchmen robots, it has called attacks ,it has a last culmination of everything where everyone gets to combine their power and fight it out in space.

It is a robot anime (mostly) without robots.

I like akame ga kill more.

>Yes, because they have so many similarities.
Of course they do silly user, why would have I mentioned it otherwise?

I was thinking more of the Student Council, and the battles between characters that take place in the big stadium. I watched Utena after Kill la Kill, and I felt it was a big influence, but that might not be true.

>Gurren Lagan
>Stupid Mech shit

>Evangelion
>Stupid Religious Mech shit

>Kill la Kill
>Magical Girls

No

No, Kill la Kill is what happens when the Gurren Lagann team has no budget and no plan and fail miserably.

I don't think I ever thought of EVA as religious mech shit.
More just a character drama with religious undertones that takes names and themes without actually doing anything with them.

>Kill la Kill
>Magical Girls

If Kill la Kill is 魔法少女, then I'm fucking Pope himself.
>ja.wikipedia.org/wikiキルラキル
It's a clear battle anime. Shit like Naruto also falls into this category. Look into the interviews with the creators, look into any Japanese media concerning this shit.

Just because some retard on English wiki plastered a retarded tag on it doesn't change the fact.

A Kill La kill anime that is exactly the same as Kill La kill, except Ryuko and Satsuki are now boy.

It's mainly just largely influenced by Go Nagai. KLK is to Go Nagai as TTGL is to Ken Ishikawa.

Its the closest thing to Gainax currently out there. Whether or not they'r a true successor remains to be seen. They haven't had a megahit yet. But I personally think they will in time.

>A Kill La kill anime that is exactly the same as Kill La kill
K.

No but seriously. KlK and TTGL are certainly siblings, but to say that they are exactly the same is wrong.

TTGL follows a boy coming of age while KlK follows a girl coming of age. I'm not in the mood to get into the symbolism and character development but everytime KlK comes up i'm struck at how fucking basic Sup Forums is when it comes to actual examination of anime.

Where's the side by side character comparison chart to Utena? I'm sure you've seen it before.

I enjoyed the first half of KLK much more than the second, it just turned into constant fighting and was a bit of a chore.

I fucking WISH it was magical girls.
I wanna watch Mahou Shoujo Satsuki.

>Its the closest thing to Gainax currently out there.

Not really.
Gainax was what it was for several reasons.
They managed shit differently by hiring all the animators whereas other studios simply use freelancers.
They were also dead-set on hiring only otaku. By otaku, for otaku.
They were always squeezing their budget dry, said budget acquired by a ton of helping out on different projects (with shitty quality, they're responsible for the worst Macross has to offer, for instance).

Trigger does have connections to a few of the people at Gainax but these people are almost all from post-Diebuster era and really, I'd go as far as to say Khara has more actual Gainaxers in it.

The only modern studio following Gainax's legacy is Kyoani. The problem with Kyoani is that they're absolutely not interested in the genres Gainax was, as well as the fact they usually get burned when going full-in with their budget (think the Nichijou debacle).

Basically none of that is unique to robot anime. Its all showa anime tropes that KLK apes.

Eh, I agree it's mostly a battle anime, it does take some heavy mecha inspirations.
Like the tech race, mobile base, jacking (in this case Senketsu switch), limited battery time (in this case blood) or flight upgrade.

Battle anime has those power ups too though.

Trigger can't seem to let go of the mecha genre desu.
LWA had a good bit of it, too.

>responsible for the worst macross has to offer
What?

Ah, right. That was just Anno.

You mean animation-wise? Any examples?

Well, Gainax was known on the whole as the studio that does amazing animation for thesmelves and produce crap for others when outsourcing.

However, old Macross if you've seen it is a long slouch of horrible animation throughout. It has a few amazing scenes and we know those were done by someone else (namely the oh-so-famous Itano).

Sadly, the only compiled work of his is on what he did in DYRL so... yeah.
You can see he did still have qute the ways to go. I wouldn't put the Max vs Millia knife fight past him because he was horrible at anything not mechanical at the time.
And even mechanical was so-so:
sakugabooru.com/post/show/15477
His is the transformation, compare with Itano's fight in that scene.

God, that knife fight scene. I had forgotten all about it.

You got me wrong. I wasn't saying KLK was TTGL but with BOy.

I am saying, imagine Kill la Kill, exactly the same, but Ryuko and Satski are boy instead.

Is my waifu still a cutie patootie girl, though?

The ending was so subtle, I still couldn't tell if Ryuko and Mako were gay or not. But somehow not even half as infuriating as Korrasami because they had a considerable amount of meaningful dialogue.

>still nothing else than a grainy poster about promare.

why they do this?

>The ending was so subtle, I still couldn't tell if Ryuko and Mako were gay or not.
It's not subtle, they aren't gay. People who take Mako's hallelujah moments seriously, what's literally been nothing but gags and visual puns for the entire show, are braindead.

Who cares? let's talk about best girl.

It isn't anything like evangelion

Wow, it's really like you've only seen 3 anime. Lurk more.

I think you selected the wrong picture

Yes.

So little witch academia is what would happen if it was under an excellent politically correct marriage then? And Ursula represents Ryuko after losing senketsu and blowing up the moon and stealing people's Yay and lost hers?

Kill La Kill is basically what you get if take Gurren Lagan and make it waifushit

Sounds better than Gurren Lagann already

>The ending was so subtle, I still couldn't tell if Ryuko and Mako were gay or not
>It's not subtle, they aren't gay.
They are 200% gay. It's not even arguable. You have to be of the most obtuse level to deny that.
>But somehow not even half as infuriating as Korrasami because they had a considerable amount of meaningful dialogue.
I'll give you that, but don't call Them being gay subtle, especially compared to Legend of Korra.
Hold hand together and walk toward the light
-Kill La Kill:
Mako never stop to praise and admire Ryuko, say how she is in her head, literally ask her on a date and kiss her on the mouth. Ryuko is totally okay with that.

If anything, the problem with Legend of Korra was that they were too "subtle" basically making it comes out of nowhere. At least in Kill La Kill, you could see where it was coming from.

Fuck, in Legend of Korra, we wouldn't even know for sure if there hadn't been the confirmation from the writers. I think it would have been better if they had let the matter unanswered. I still consider that as they were waling toward

Its obvious most of Sup Forums would like it because its composed of horny virgins who are in their mid 20s

Then why were Ryuko and Mako not dyking out in the OVA

And? That's exactly the demographic this site is aimed at. What else were you expecting when you came here?

Just saying only a place like this would like a shit show like klk
Dont get passive aggressive on me now

>If anything, the problem with Legend of Korra was that they were too "subtle" basically making it comes out of nowhere. At least in Kill La Kill, you could see where it was coming from.

Exactly what I meant. It was more or less planned from the beginning, where Bryke decided to just let their fans decide what to do with the show.

This is meant for you post deleter

Mako also insist that Senketsu is Ryuko's one true love and soulmate but you never see you fags talk about that.

End yourself

Fanbase of this show consists of these kind of people mostly

No. And Nonon would agree with me.

>when your waifu waifus my waifu

Can you be my waifu?

I'll get as passive agressive as I want to, oh lord high and mighty anime critic.

mfw there are people browsing Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who would disobey Satsuki-sama

Promare seems promising.

Who say they weren't.

What is a threesome?

Why?

The writers

Source?

Aren't they dyking out in the credit of episode 24?

I thought the OVA took place between the final of episode 24 and the credit of episode 24. At least the hair of Satsuki were indicative of that.

The OVA

They just bought clothes

And?

I really don't see you point. unless I don't understand you well, when you say "dyking out" you are saying being a couple right?

Which they are in the OVA, as nothing is indicating the date has been cancelled.

So all girls that buy clothes together are dykes

>The date is Ryuko, Mako and Satsuki buying clothes.
>Mako even gets hit on by Gamagori and Ryuko runs off to think about Senketsu, both character's male love interests
>still gay though

Man you tumblr types are something else

No. But it doesn't mean that they aren't either.

Also, when two people promise to go on a date and later are buying clothes, it usually mean they are on a date.

Where's that retarded Nakashima user when you need him?

Writer said there are no couples in KLK. You can do whatever you want in your fanfiction. But there are no canon couples.

Trigger is a parody of Gainax

Khara is the true Gainax successor

Satsuki was there

The sisters were lezzing out in the dressing room. Fact because they're Kiryuuins, it's in their nature.

I... What?

Man, I am not even on Tumblr, but you have a serious case of denial.

-Mako ask Ryuko o a date
-Ryuko say yes
-they kiss

They only stumble on Satstuki. As for Gamagori, I think it's implied he never make his move. Ryuko is simply reminded of Senketsu as she see a piece of clothe that remind her of him, but don't runs off.

There is being anti-tumblr and then there is being stupid.

Do you go on "dates" with your "bros" or do you just go straight to succ?

>Writer said there are no couples in KLK. You can do whatever you want in your fanfiction. But there are no canon couples.
So saying they are not go as if it was a fact is wrong, then?

The writers says it's an okay interpretation.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

WELL, DO YOU?

I don't have friends

>Mako asks Ryuko on a shopping date to buy clothes
>This is specifically what she says
>She imagines kissing Ryuko because its a joke segment based on the japanese puns she makes being visualized literally
>This is somehow proof that Ryuko is secretly gay

How does that make sense?

Girls go on dates with their bros though

great another ugly meme from studio meme, just what this medium needed

But they wouldn't ever go on a date with you ugly motherfucker

>gamagoori and sanageyama walking toward each other on the sidewalk, gamagoori in full gimp gear
>they bump into each other, fall down and accidentally dock each other
>"guys it's not fucking gay okay it's just a cute pun so just stop it already"

forgot pic

This one?

This seems pretty coincidental 2bh

If it happened inside Mako's recurring joke corner then yeah, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I guess, there's some obvious ones (Student Council President Kiryu and Student Council President Kiryuin), but the elite 4 and the student council just share a color pallet and a general midboss role. I remember reading that Utena was one of the things the show was influenced by.

My main problem with KLK is the artstyle
Females simply do not look attractive in this artstyle and overloading the fanservice was useless because of it
The election arc was horrible, the pacing in general was all sorts of inconsistent, and the ending feels like they wanted to ape TTGL but had no idea how, so they just threw some generic world ending threat and called it a day while it still didn't have any of the hype and excitement that TTGL had

>Females simply do not look attractive in this artstyle and overloading the fanservice was useless because of it

You know what I mean

Kill La Kill is basically what you get if you take all the substance from Gurren Lagan and leave only the style.

>Females simply do not look attractive in this artstyle
Say what you like about this show but I can't think of any other anime that does does the female body as hot as this.

Tomboy main character goes to this school looking for clues about a mystery she's trying to solve. She makes friends with a genki bowl-cut sidekick type, who info dumps about the rest of the cast. She is suddenly thrust into taking care of the mysterious partner character with special powers they give to the main character in battle. At first partner is very cold but quickly becomes extremely close to main character. The main character is forced to fight with the student council, meanwhile the student council president whose the main character's rival dangles the fact that they know the answer to the mystery main character is trying to solve as leverage. Along the way she also has to fight genki friend. The big bad ends up being an adult that literally wants to fuck everyone and control everyone with their big doomsday device, and is secretly tied to the mystery mc is trying to solve. In the end, mc smashes their plans but is forced apart from her partner during the finale and leaves the school to move on with her life.

Shut the fuck up retard