Female peer comes in the middle of the night and lays down with you wearing nothing but a nightgown

>female peer comes in the middle of the night and lays down with you wearing nothing but a nightgown
>initially try to kiss her but decide not to

What was he thinking? Was he holding out for his wizard powers?

Misato > Asuka > Rei
he was waiting for misato

Hes a coward if they had sex we wouldve gotten a happy ending

When you're depressed, insecure and inexperienced, and she's fucking crazy, there's no shortage of reasons for nothing to happen.

>be fertile, breeding age savant-genius girl who graduated university at 14
>looking for men to mate with and fulfill your biological directive
>the only ones around are this 6'2 alpha hunk called Kaji who wants nothing to do with you
>and a fellow pilot who's 5'2 and more feminine than you are
>even the 5'2 manlette won't give you his semen

No wonder she tried to kill herself. Asuka just needed a bull.

Even the dumbest saddest greenest autist (me) would've rolled over and hugged her at least. Shinji did some shit that wasn't believable at all.

>would've rolled over and hugged her at least.
lol

I would've raped her. What're they gonna do? Kick me out of the Evangelion program and lose the ability to field EVA 01?

He was thinking it's a trick.
She was baiting him to accuse of rape or prabably just was going to stab him.

She's a fucking bitch after all

>She's a fucking bitch after all

What was this about, then?

Asuka would never, ever accuse or admit that she was raped. She crafted an invincible appearance for herself and had a meltdown when it was disrupted.

No idea, some spin off shit.
If it was false she probably would.

Is this the rebuild? Was she that clear in it? In NGE she was pretty much sleepwalking and mixed up the beds.

>Lying in a way to make herself weak and victim
She would NEVER do it

>No idea, some spin off shit.

Having Asuka cook for Shinji was one of the only good character storyline modifications in the rebuilds, it was the only glimpse of dere to her tsun.

I guess she technically goes a little bit dere in the series when she goes and lays down with him, but it's not clear enough. She's muttering about her dead mother and stuff and it comes off as something she needed, something for her. Conversely you can't interpret Asuka cooking for Shinji as anything except proof of the dere that lies beneath her tectonic plates of tsun.

>In NGE she was pretty much sleepwalking and mixed up the beds.

It looks ambiguous in the moment where it's happening in NGE, but an episode later she playfully asks him why he didn't kiss her, confirming that she knew what she was doing.

Asuka was sleeping in the original series, otherwise she wouldnt talk about her mother, one of her biggest secrets. Doesnt count.
Her real dere moments are the times she goes check on shinji on the hospital but never show herself, and probably the synch of her and shinji.

I really didnt like how the rebuilds tackled on romance. They are super disturbed people. There is no space for romance in their terrible lives. Didnt rei say in the end of the series "people who dont love themselves cant love others"?

I think she was talking about the kissing scene proper. She was kissing him, and he did nothing. He stood like a flesh mannequin. He didnt kissed back, he didnt hug her, hell he could have whipped his dick out and fucked her on the spot and he didnt.
This makes her feel unloved and not special.

>Asuka was sleeping in the original series, otherwise she wouldnt talk about her mother, one of her biggest secrets.

She absolutely was not sleeping at the start and consciously made the decision to go and lay down with him, because in the next episode she mentions to Shinji that he tried to kiss her when she laid down.

She talked about her mother at the end of the scene. Either she fell asleep quickly after she laid down, or she deliberately talked about her mother because she wanted to let Shinji know about her vulnerability. I think it's the second option, because the entire reason she's attracted to him is because he has daddy vulnerabilities to mirror her mommy problem. She sees him as the only person who could understand her.

>was one of the only good character storyline modifications in the rebuilds

She did it to steal Rei's idea, not because she's a nice person.

And Rei got that idea because they made her a stupid moe character.

During the scene where asuka's adoptive mother / stepmom talks to her on the phone, she was almost spilling tbe beans about her mommy issues the realised what she was doing and stopped.

She wants someone to know her problem and help her, specially someone with a similar problem, but her pride is too big to accept it.
I dont think she would willingly talk about it this early on the series, that was their first night together.

>She did it to steal Rei's idea, not because she's a nice person.

Maybe the way she justified it to herself was that it was only a competitive thing, but factually she did it for Shinji.

>I never got to experience this in my life
I really should just hit the reset button

There's no fucking way I could ever watch Eva.
And this is the main reason.

I don't have NGE downloaded, but it's in episode 9 where she says that she knows he tried to kiss her when she laid down next to him. No way she would know that if she was asleep.

>I wouldn't have behaved that way, therefore it's not believable

Now who has the autism?

Wow it's almost like the main character doesn't understand the minds of other people or something.

She later claims she was bluffing and didnt know he really almost kissed her, but who knows

It's all about plausible deniability, the reason she laid down with him in the first place is to gauge his interest while still being able to pretend, in case he wasn't interested, that she only sleepwalked there and laid with him by accident.

Asuka didn't want to have kids and hated the thought of it.

When did she said anything about that?
But she is fucking 14 anyway, not like its the right any anyway.

She have the same problem as gendo. She is afraid of being a bad mother.
Probably because she had a bad mother herself and know the pains of it.

I did, all of it... Because I hate to judge things I don't know about. Nowadays I only recommend it to idiots who make me mad, though...

Rewatch the series.

When does she specifically say "i dont want children". Really, there are 12 hours of runtime and i might have forgot some parts.
Clearly you arent bullshitting me

Most of you would sperg out just as bad as Shinji, if not worse.

I think Asuka was probably frightened of becoming a mother since she's worried she would end up like hers did, and her kids would have to go through the same experience.

And she did end up kind of like her mother, actually, she got her mind contaminated by an Angel and went crazy depressive.

Shinji wasn't just sperg, he was cartoonized sperg to the extent that no actual human could reach. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's a good change from the alpha-male anime harem protagonists who have no flaws. But if Evangelion took place in real life, and Shinji was replaced with a real boy, in approx. 70% incarnations of this scene there would be sex and in the other 30% there would be some level of physical contact or comforting behavior.

Misato has a cobweb-infested granny snatch, why are you interested in her?

As you said, shinji is in a level no human can really reach. The entire cast are caricatures of real faucets of depression.
He have "isolationist depression" to the most extreme degree.
Asuka cope with her problems by being prideful and arrogant to the extreme
Misato drowns her sorrows in alcohol and semen.

Bro people like this exist. I was more or less exactly like this when I was 14. If a bitch like asuka plausibly sleepwalked into my bed no fucking way would I have done anything.

I don't even have Aspergers for god's sake. Male minds at that age are just incredibly underdeveloped and sperg-like.

>Asuka cope with her problems by being prideful and arrogant to the extreme

The reason she competes so hard is because she's desperate for the attention and approval and praise she was denied as a child by the circumstances of her life. Naturally anyone competing against her is an enemy because they're unknowingly drawing that attention and praise away from her. The seductive and teasing behavior (flaunting her breasts, etc.) is just another way to attract attention and assert her superiority, which itself attracts attention. Being prideful and arrogant also has a double effect of obscuring her insecurity and self consciousness.

Asuka is really the saddest character in Evangelion. She doesn't wear her tragedies on her face like Shinji does, she desperately covers them up. So nobody sees the neglected little girl hiding behind the standoffish scowl.

I can't remember the exact ep number but it's when she mentions that she's on her period. She says that it's pointless for her to even get her period because she's never going to have children anyway.

>Asuka is really the saddest character in Evangelion.

Wow, she truly is #1 in all things. The greatest pilot for certain.

>'trolling' people by ironically recommending one of the greatest anime ever made
Wow, you sure got 'em good.

>B-b-but shinji is too beta and i cant self insert on him like my shounen MCs, REEEEEEEEeeee!
Just ignore those kind of posts.

Shinji's bravest moment was fapping to her comatose body.

Why didnt he just rape her?
No, seriously, he is a mindbroken empty shell of a man. Those kind of people have zero empathy. Why didnt he just do it?

I think it was a callback to the scene where he has Rei's blood on his hand. I took it to mean something about their relationships, Rei being his relative (a clone of his mother) and Asuka being his love interest.

In EoE Anno also seemed fascinated with showing the sides of human bodily function which other fiction shied away from. He made Asuka's period a part of the plot, and Shinji's sex drive too, it seems.

Here is another interesting thing, this one original to Rebuild: when Shinji and Asuka are walking away at the end of 3.0, their footsteps form a DNA helix. Rei leaves no footsteps.

She can fly.

Because you can't rape the willing.

Not ironically recommending, you moron... Shitheads like the ones that make me mad usually enjoy the show, and that's why I recommend it. I haven't failed so far. If you're curious, its usually young boyas who haven't watched much at all (hence why they haven't seen this already in the first place), the last of which actually started a thread in a forum with "Please great masters recommend me some good anime like the ones I like, my favourites are DBZ, naruto, and specially Shingeki no kyojin"... Guess what, he loved NGE afterwards. The only reason I recommend things that way is to actually get them to watch more things, as a quantity matter... The mere mention of SnK is what makes me mad, btw, because of PTSD.

Soryuu =/= Shikinami
I wonder what would happen if both of them meet.

They're the same character prior to 3.0, though the Rebuild one is missing some scenes for time reasons.

I was super autistic and oblivious at 14 (probably still am but I don't interact with anyone that could possibly be interested) and I'd probably do the same thing.
If some girl that yelled at me and calls me stupid all the time shows up in my room and goes to sleep, I'd be nervous she would beat the shit out of me if I did something.
Same thing in episode 9 would happen to me with the thermal expansion, because autism.
I'd get the hint by episode 15 though, make out at the very least, probably do some plowing.

Theyre the same person except shikinami is the future version since rebuild is a sequel to eoe

Shinji is probably wearing riot gear 24/7 if he is living with Asuka's. Plus imagine those food bills, I hope he has a good pension from the government. Maybe open a restaurant since he has 6 people to help.

*6 Asuka's