ITT: Great shows that suffer from shitty 00's production values

ITT: Great shows that suffer from shitty 00's production values

They don't suffer from it though, unless you're a massive casual.

There's something comfy on mid 00s animation.

is it the comfort of knowing that it was all animated digitally at broadcast resolution of 480p and you can literally never EVER make an HD remaster?

God damn the early 00s were truly the darkest age.

>I'm okay with cheap CGI and bland coloring, because I'm super hardcore, and have no standards
Cool.

Is it that impossible?

Being suck at 480p is a negative determinant though.

Haibane Renmei

I think it works for Kino since that show is supposed to have a bit of a gray, melancholic feel.

Those lines on the screen look horrible though. The animation itself is also really stiff.

chobits tried it, compare the original with the HD remaster.
Some bits are just plain upscales, others had the character layers run through some kind of liquify filter to sharpen them up.

Name a worse era for anime than early to mid 00's

The animation quality is in the end secondary. They are still good shows, low resolution or not.

A few shows like Hidamari and Pani Poni were refactored rather than upscaled. But generally it is more trouble than it is worth.

Late 00s to mid 10s

2006-13 was the peak of anime. 2017 isn't great but is better than 2015 and especially 2016.

>ITT: Great shows that suffer from shitty 00's production values
Can you even read?
>The animation quality is in the end secondary
Subjective, saying that the visuals in a visual medium are secondary is ignorant at best.

>2006-13 was the peak of anime
WWWRRRROOOONNNNNGGGGG
Holy shit you are completely incorrect. If we're going by decades, it's:
80's > 90's > 70's > 10's > 60's > 00's
You would have to be a literal child to think '06-'13 was the peak of the medium.

I will laugh at you and the new Kino anime made by Lerche fucking faggot. Screencap this.

I mean, they kind of are especially as the shows you mentioned do more than a good job of serving their purpose. Kino no Tabi does a great job at building a somber atmosphere. Super smooth movements wouldn't really benefit it much or at all. In the end there are plenty of crappy shows with good animation and good shows with bad animation.

I'd honestly go as far as to say that Monster and Aria would have been better off not being adapted and left as manga, because the minimal animations almost makes it pointless given the huge downgrade in art quality. I also hate Aria-sancho's voice in the anime, but that's unrelated.

>In the end there are plenty of [...] good shows with bad animation.
Wow, that's almost exactly what the OP stated.

Monster was the most pointless adaptation I've ever seen.

Literally impossible.
There were good, fantastic shows even, but most shows from that era are graphically beyond saving.

Let's see how the Pluto adaptation goes.

The animation was fine though. Are you talking about the shitty CGI?

This but its probably just nostalgia
And you'd have to be a literal old man to think 80s were best. 2006-2011 was the golden age.

Monster is overrated garbage, was a real fucking waste of time

Mainly the cgi but the animation quality wasn't that much better.

>you'd have to be a literal old man to think 80s were best
Or, you could just be anyone who's seen more than 500 shows, MALbabby.

Oh no, I have to agree there. The source material is better in all three cases.

Yeah, Haibane doesn't really look good. But it didn't bother me more than that, I loved the Art and the less-refined visuals went well with the rustic atmosphere the show tried to go for. It has some immersion-breaking fuck ups here and there, but overall the show looks fine.

gotta agree with this guys, the handraw anime were the best looking one, detail looked realy good...

most anime now look like shit with these CGI animation.

So true

Fucking disgusting.

It's all nostalgia, dude.

2001 to 2006 digital stuff is absolute dogshit.

Anime can look good even if they are from early 2000s. Your brain gets used to the unclear images after a while and you become able to enjoy the great visuals hidden behind the early digital look.

>the great visuals
Bwahahaha

>just turn your brain off!

>There are people on this board that don't see this time frame as teenage nostalgia

Yes, there are people here that are older than you.

You have to be at least 30 if you were a teenager in the early 2000s.

Yes it's really sad, but it's a necessary drawback to give us what we have today, they had to learn somehow.
On the plus side, anime from that time was generally not too great anyway. Of course you have your masterpieces and whatnot here and there like Tutu and Aria which are sad cases of being in the wrong time graphics wise, but for the most part not much was lost.

>he thinks these people are older

I prefer cels but some early 2000s digital like FMA, Hajime no Ippo, Hunter X Hunter etc... have their charm.

2000s > 2010s desu

"Nostalgia" and "comfy" are great signifiers that whoever is posting hates thinking critically about anything, and will derail any attempts at critical discussion.

What about "fun"?

"Fun" is just a buzzword that people strew into their "arguments" to distract you of their true agenda.

Forgot that one, thanks.
Spot on.

fag. as far as ivseen, 10s i the best one. at least in terms of series. when it comes to ovas. its 90s

Actually, I'm rewatching Monster after several years and I feel the old animation actually fits the story and setting very well.

It's not old animation. There are cartoons from the 30's that look better than Monster. It's a bunch of low res faces barely moving.