Great manga that will never get animated

>I read Shojo

Really overrated. It's okay at best.

I know an adaptation wouldn't work well, but one can dream.

>not being confident enough in ones sexuality to be able to enjoy shojo

It'd be shit as an anime desu, so I'm ok with this.

>taiyou no ie
>great
No

I kind of agree with this. I really liked the manga, but the story sort of fell flat on its face at that last bit when her ma comes back

Good, manga > anime.

why don't you guys actually post some GOOD manga, for once?

if only...

azuma never wants his works animated ever again
he hated what they did with azumanga daioh and he's comfortable shitting out 3 chapters a year of yotsuba even if it means never gaining mainstream success ever again.

He also doesn't want Yotsuba "whored" out, for lack of better terms.
He has a tight fist on all the merchandise allowed for the series. I think it's pretty courageous, but he really can only do this because he's so successful in the first place.

one can dream dammit

I know he doesn't want it animated.
I would like to see it done right though

Japanese Bill Watterson?

I don't see how it's overrated.

Not as severe, but similar.

Shojos can be great. Just avoid the ones with the constant stale cliches.

Biscuit Hammer

goddamn I'd give my left nut for an adaptation, it has everything shonen to make it great

I bet you've never read shojo manga at all. They may have retarded drama, but some of them are actually really good and one of the best things is that authors do actual romance instead of blue balling the readers like in most shonen manga.

Is this the one with the guy who has lots of weird stuff in his apartment and occasionally opens packages sent to him from abroad? I remember he gets with the girl and fugs her several times.
Good taste.

Wait he fucks her? I dropped this because the MC was insufferable

>he hated what they did with azumanga daioh
It has been said time and time again that he hasn't.

Any of Mizukami's works would be great, but I need an adaptation of Sengoku Youko that will make me cry like a bitch at all the right moments.

Alternatively, imagine How Cute the voice acting in a pic related anime could be.

He does, and several times.
I think the manga is about 30 something chapters long. Good stuff, you should finish reading it when you have time.

I thought that she was covering her futa erection with a piece of cloth for some reason, i still do.
Dungeon meshi anime when?

This. It fell into the exact same shoujo tropes as they all do and ended up mediocre. Knew it was going down the shitter when the little brother was revealed to want to fuck her too. Too much drama and too many guys lusting over a low-key girl. Should have just been about her and the guy.

this manga is comfy as shit

Wasn't the girl married? Slut

fuck this boring ass manga. spirit circle is so much better and reading biscuit hammer feels like it's never ending. i'm on chapter 28, which i know isn't far at all, and it's just such a drag to read

Sengoku Youko better than both.

A TV drama or live-action movie could work, though.

haven't read it yet. can't say. i can say that the lack of the psychological genre does disappoint me.

Not everything needs to be DEEP, user

i'm sorry. i just like to THINK, u feel me?

I'd love to see someone try to animate the climax to that, I think it could be as magical as the ending to close encounters

I'd kill for any adaptation of this, frankly

I thought Azumanga Daioh was somewhat acclaimed? What was wrong with it really?

>inb4 there already is a Bokurano anime
I'm talking about an anime that follows the light novel series, which is much better than the manga and would take my spot for favorite book if not for the facts that I haven't finished it yet and that it's technically 5 books
Also that anime is barely an adaptation of the manga anyways.

Used goods yes, but she's not married to her old boyfriend.

She does marry the mc though.

>he's comfortable shitting out 3 chapters a year of yotsuba even if it means never gaining mainstream success ever again.
How do people suffer under the impression that gaining an anime portrayal is the pinnacle of a mangaka's career? He/she doesn't make all that much money from it--that gets split between the studio and publishing house--with the pay off for the creator being a bump in recognition and consequentially more interest from consumers to purchase the source material in the form of volumes, where a mangaka can get well compensated. For the creator and his publisher, most televised anime serves as an advertisement for the genuine product. Ergo, 'going mainstream' and getting a work animated is only really important to a struggling mangaka's early career, after which he either retains his following into his next work or doesn't.

Azuma already has wide recognition, and Yotsubato's sales are through the roof, with merchandising to boot. It (and he) doesn't need an adaptation.

Nothing. It's just that some people don't recognize the economics of the industry and cover for that knowledge gap by talking out of their asses with stupid fan theories.

>How do people suffer under the impression that gaining an anime portrayal is the pinnacle of a mangaka's career?
Bakuman.

>Bakuman rebooted to portray nothing but sixteen hour work days and the occasional meetings with publishing house staff
>special episode: getting hammered at the bar so you can bitch to your editor
My guess is that it doesn't fare as well.

Why do loads of anons want manga they like to be animated? I means the death of all discussion or posting about it on Sup Forums but more importantly the adaption are almost never as good. You already have it in the superior medium so why?

Get a load of this faggot.

>he doesn't read shojo

Fuck off, faggot.
Please don't talk about manga I like in dumb threads like these

Why aren't more shojos getting adapted?

There was one manga that could never be adpated in animated form because the plot twist only works in a manga format.

Anyone?

You had 1 job, you Noitamina hacks!

Cast the seiyuu

He's literally the opposite of insufferable you fucking shitter

A lot of my favorite manga have gotten or currently have shitty adaptions with shitty decisions for staff/cast

I feel your pain, fellow delver.

Maybe someday

>teasing anyone who reads shōjo on Sup Forums
Were all little girls in here user

>jap normalfags are to hesitant to watch cartoons
>jap otaku are to hesitant to watch normalfag shit
>mango isnt even fully translated in english
All hope is lost with this one

I'm giving this a read now. So far I like it. And I heard it has none of the usual shojo cliches that plagues most shojos

Hopefully a long time down the road, but not now.

why even live

Good taste user.

What manga is this?

There are also some good LNs that has yet to be adapted. Shocking I know

Hentai Kamen

>Wanting more K-on
No thanks

Teppu

This had a live action adaptation.

Good. If you can't discern why it wouldn't work as an anime you need to read more manga, watch more anime, and be less dumb.

Not manga but this was amazing.

Very good comfy romance

Your mom is insufferable

Mah nigga.

I wish Coreans would do a film on this. Japs are horrendously bad when it comes to drama
>inb4 1 litre of tears

Koreans have made live action drama adaptations of some mangas, mostly shojos.
They fucking butcher it.

Pls explain briefly

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get an anime within the next year

Explain what? It's a one shot LN that is surprisngly really well written.

What makes Koreans any better at it?
I don't know anything about tv series of either nation, please explain.
Nip movies I've seen are mainly older stock so I've no idea about modern trends.

Official digital rips have started to pop up.

Replace Komori san with pic related for fanservice,and Danna dan with Ojojojo for romcom

He's lying. Koreans are terrible at any entertainment media. Every K drama is literally the same shit.

t. gook

Speaking of Kaguya, how come the new chapter isn't out yet.

Been wanting to read it for a while now.
Sometimes publishers decide to license the right things.

>He hasn't read Taiyou no Ie

What's your damage?