JoJo Thread

JJCA got Volume 8 from the colored Shueisha volumes. How badly do you think they fucked Jobin's design?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/EZMEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>reading color scans

I still want to kiss Jobin's disgusting blue lips

Do not forget about us...

Not just the design, everything about this is fucking shit, as usual.
Shueisha can't into mood, christ, just look at those backgrounds.
Color scans fags should be gassed.

Someone has to stop Shueisha

>reading B/W
Bichrome is the true JoJo experience.

Why does he have Coral Blue #2 Semi-Gloss Lipstick?

But why orange?

Someone should edit Spongebob to look like Jobin

True.

I LOVE KIRA

>lipstick on almost everyone
why

I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO KIRA

WHOA NOW

go back

Post Killer Queen with its mouth open

>the put lipstick on actually everyone
>kira and norisuke are saved

What did they mean by this?

I don't get how you faghots could not read JOJO in color. With any other series I could understand but Jojo was made for color. And it's not like it's to preserve Araki's "art", it's always been shit, and it looks best when colored. Araki is a terrible mangaka who can't properly convey actions so the color helps their too.

Weak bait, come back with something better next time.

Your bait is shit, but JoJo is better in color, yes.

>people actually like the colored scans

Why is the situation with Part 6 B/Ws so scarce? A lot are missing or just bad in quality on bato.to

STOP THAT

Why do people prefer B&W scans? Is there a reason other than "that's how it was done so therefore I am intellectually superior"?

more coloured

>fatty
Don't bully Shigechi

Fucking look at this thing

I remember gappy makes me happy, I guess 6 months really is a long time

I see literally nothing wrong with any of those pages. Want to provide a real argument?

If the color scans are this bad, just imagine how atrocious Speed King will be.

Gappy makes me happy

No he doesn't

Not today, nigger.

is this a new meme or some shit? the color scans look fine

No you don't get it dude see JoJo was written in color so that's the only correct way to read it

Every single design has been butchered, any sense of atmosphere those scenes had were taken away by shoddy backgrounds, and the like, like Jobin's room, that looks somewhat somber and menacing in b/w, looks stupidly bright and over saturated in color, all the textures look like plastic, Yotsuyu, King Nothing and the parfait look like they could be made from the same thing.
Is there any reason why anyone would read these?
>inb4 I don't get what's going on!!
Pathetic.
>someone disagrees with me, must be a meme

It's not that I don't get what's going on, it's just boring. Color makes it more interesting.

How does color make an already exciting manga more exciting? It's not like the color palette adds anything.

The coloured scans are vastly superior desu. The only time it didn't look as good was during early part 7.

>How does adding more than 2 colors make things more interesting
>The colors don't do anything guys
Did you even read my post?

At least make your argument on why, for fucks sake.

Did you even read your own post, user? I asked why it was boring, I'm not a guy who can read minds. I'm not going to get why you think something on the spot.

fuck this hurts so much, he looked so terryfing before like purple haze but now he looks retarded.

It just doesn't look appealing to me. Yotsuyu for instance just looks dirty in this panel, not shaded.

understandable then.
The colored scans has its moments like pic related, but I prefer Yotsuyu's rock-like texture far more than the colored Yotsuyu with lines added onto him.

Their color schemes and lipstick don't look very appealing either.

>jojo fags claim part 4 adaptation to be perfect because "muh art direction" and "muh colors"
>gets pissy at manga coloring

He looks like a literal rock like he's supposed to.
Yes user, why don't you grab a few crayons and color some manga then, it'll surely look better.

Why do B&Wfags care so much about color?

>implying I don't fiercely hate both

>Why do B&Wfags care so much about color?
We don't. That's why we "like" B/W.

It's so far away from perfect I don't know who would call it perfect. 2 is probably the best adaptation if we're talking visuals. Doesn't mean 2 is a great Part though.

No, it's clear that you do. B&Wfags always complain when color is present.

You're like Sup Forums. Nobody cares about what you have to say and yet you must voice your opinion whenever available.

Why do colorfags care so much about B&Wfags?

be a bichromefag is live in true harmony.

Whoo~~~~~sh

I really like this pic

Why are colorfags so defensive? The colors themselves are not the problem, Shueisha is, here is some of Araki's color to BTFO Shueishit's.
The true path, but when not available b/w is the only one.

I hope that, if JoJolion is ever animated, that this cover appears at the end of one of the OPs. It's a cool group shot even if like a third of them are dead and we've had yet more major characters established afterwards.

>somber and menacing
>room of bugs, toys and huge windows looking out to a sunny day
What ever you say user.

I'm not really an artfag so I can't describe it as best as I can, but I think my problem with the colored scans outside of the sometimes weird and unconventional color choices like lipstick or Jobin's everywhere, it feels a bit too "hard" on the colors. I can't really explain it that well, but if you look at something like the original Araki colors, it's lighter or more simpler than the color scans. You can kind of see what I mean if you go to JJCA's first chapter JJL which switches from Araki's original coloring to the Shueisha coloring. You might get what I'm pushing.

Maybe I didn't explain it very well, but it gives me an off feeling. Maybe its something in the shading that they drop or some bullshit like that. The only real time I needed color to understand something was Born this Way. I couldn't tell if Josuke was being covered in snow or got invited to the next Bukkake Fest. Other than that everything was easy to figure out in B/W.

I also think people are choosing Colored more than B/W is for a specific reason if you view on something like Bato.to. They don't automatically switch to a next B/W chapter if you try reading that way (except for GER Part 5) because of the order its in, usually the colored ones being next by default. You have to manually switch out and I think people might give up on it for laziness and just read color. Availability for some better quality scans for things like some of Part 3, Part 6 like said, and maybe early Part 7. JJCA actively updates and fixes errors while other projects don't unless it's Kewl with the monthly darker versions where he can go in and fix stuff anyway (with weird lazy blurry panels left behind sometimes). There's a lot of things on why or why not when it comes to color, and I personally prefer just reading the original B/Ws.

Where can I read this? My line autism has grown so strong that now I need to see every line, brush stroke and smallest mistakes in highest detail.
Soon this power will be mine.

Full chapter is here. imgur.com/a/EZMEk

Bichrome user is somewhere out there still looking for that SHA bichrome. I couldn't find jack shit when I tried looking for it.

Here's what I was talking about in Part 8.

I don't know a lot about the golden ratio, is there a reason Araki draws the spiral going through the centre of the squares as opposed to how it's normally drawn?

He tried, and that's what counts.

>King Nothing
>not yellow

into the trash

why did they color his spikes? they're always shown to be the same as the jacket

i dont get it but i dont like it either

It does tho, the lack of color allows it, even in bright scenario like this.
In this version, the eyes are drawn to Jobin, who's framed by the rest of the room, the whole wall covered in his possessions and Joshu, near him in a submissive stance while also being against the light of the window, bringing my attention even more to him, all this while Gappy is there on the right, the place we generally start reading a page from, making it seem like we're seeing it from his perspective, we're entering Jobin's world with Josuke.
As you can see, in the b/w version, Araki's composition works as it should, while in the colored version, the is drawn instantaneously to Joshu's back, a chair, Gappy's ugly green lips and his little sailor thing.
user posted the imgur album I did, but I've been thinking about typesetting the chapter, using JJCA's translation, I did the first page as a try out.
I can do another album for RPS Kid, if you'd like.
Hey, it's a shame you couldn't find anything, guess getting the magazine is the only way.

It was drawn by Butch Hartman

Fix'd?

Good Jotaro choice.

Almost, but we're not done yet!

Perfect!

I'll do you one better!

Yes

Someone should colour this.

Nothing can fix his ugliness

>tfw coloured looks better than B&W even when it's turned B&W
woah

All those "..." from Josuke and Joubin make sense now. This is truly how Araki wanted us to experience JoJo.

Jobin isn't ugly!

Okay, but what about?

Post lip edits

This looks like one of those bichromes that got made back into B/W.

Where's the bichrome version of this?

>not removing the scars and the spikes on his hair and jacket

>how can stands be real if our eyes aren't?

He said he drew him with Jorgen because his name also begins with Jo.

I hate the lipstick, but these look kinda creepy...the lips are too brown

Why do people not like the lipstick now? I thought that was a staple in JoJo.

That would take a lot of effort, user. You see how many spike Jobin has on him?

Part 9 jojo confirmed?

i think it looks good on some characters, but not all. like good on johnny, bad on joubin

I'll agree that it doesn't fit every one, but I think it's fine on Joubin and Josuke, although without is still fine.

I think it's a sin to draw High DIO without lipstick, though.

Part 9 jojo is gonna be black

It is a staple, but I've never liked it