FREE TRADE BTFO

US COMMERCE TO RECOMMEND 23.5% TARIFF ON ALL PRODUCTS FROM CHINA, RUSSIA, VENEZUELA, VIETNAM

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-16/wilbur-ross-hold-briefing-steel-aluminum-reports
youtube.com/watch?v=Sx2b1v7c0Ng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_steel_production
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>VIETNAM
ok but why?

sauce?
fantastic if true if true

Kewl should be more tho, Strangle the Fuck out of the sellout companies!!!

Make the whores suffer and die!!!

Oh yay I love paying more for plastic crap and clothes. We need more Americans assembling hotwheels cars and lacing sneakers by hand for 50 cents a day.

>china taxes everything to hell
>you cant do that back at them!!!!

Vietnam is a manufacturing powerhouse. They're stealing jobs from China, and the CCP is trying to choke them out. Basically, they did to China what China did to the US, and they're headed to being one of the largest manufacturers on the planet.

A better question is "why not Thailand?"

ooo baby
bigly if truly

this is going to fuck small online business, isnt it

>China

Oh boy.

No. It's a good thing if Americans buy less of that garbage.

23.5% isn't nearly enough to rebuild manufacturing here. You'd need at least 50-100% tariffs to make most manufacturing lines competitive with China.

We pretty much have everything we need here.
And any natural resource we don't have that we need, we've pretty much put a military base next to it. So yeah, welcome to the new globalism buckos. America isn't competing with slave labor / indentured servitude anymore
>How you like those apples?

Yep we really need American made t-shirts and sneakers. So what if a plain whit t-shirt made in the US costs double or triple one from China?

And of course, the (((banks))) have an interest in the region.

DO IT YOU PUSSIES

>NAM
Gooks on suicide watch!

Maybe Americans could just not charge so much for basic crap.

Lowering taxes and raising tarrifs might lead to a total industrial renaissance in the u.s. we're a great place for many reasons to do business. Stable and business friendly government that is relatively uncorrupt. And relatively educated workforce.

This BTFO outsourcing..
This would be huge for American manufacturing

Trump cutting regulations is allowing companies to lower prices, but those foreign nations use currency manipulations, and key industries are govt subsidized.

Rather than subsidize our businesses more, it makes sense to just tariff them especially since they already have tariffs on us.

Nigger it’s not just plastic crap anymore it’s everything.. bringing the manufacturing back will be huge for American jobs good jobs... supply chain, sales management support etc

Yes but it would be great for real manufacturing in the US

So I assume you are fine paying $30 for a plain cheap t-shirt? Or would you rather work in a factory for 50 cents per day?

No.. I was in electronic component sales to manufxacrueers in Texas and companies would outsource manufacturing for pennies let alone 20%

You aren't just tariffing those vital industries though retard, you are tariffing everyting.

It's going to fuck rock bottom retailers like Amazon and Walmart that's for damn sure

Depends on the purchasing power of 50 cents. And T-shirts are already $20-30 in stores.

America has everything it needs.. we are like a 50 Nation free trade union we literally don’t need anyone else.. we should have never opened up China

>CHINA
Holy fuck

>You'd need at least 50-100% tariffs to make most manufacturing lines competitive with China
Nah, 23.5% would be even a little excessive to do that. You only really need 10-15%; the total-cost discrepancy isn't much but it lets multinationals bloat their margins exploiting it via labor, regulatory, and tax arbitrage.

The price won't rise that drastically because it'd be economically unviable for the retailers. If you price out the lower market, you lose 70% of your sales. That's why a UBI will be implemented - so companies actually have people to sell to when they lay off all of their workforce for robots that work for pennies a day. It's specifically going to be big companies that argue in favor of UBI because otherwise they'd go under.

>VIETNAM but why?
Because Vietnam, like China and Russia are ruled by Communists who only appropriated Capitalist reforms to help them advance faster to full Communism. Not to unite with the West, but to outcompete it and exert geopolitical influence according to the West's own rules before replacing those rules with ones more favorable to the institution of communism.

Anyone stupid enough to trade with "former" communists ought to be tried for treason.

Tariffs are optional, not income taxes or sales taxes

Always threaten higher than reality. If it scares them into ending currency manipulations, then we reward them with a lower tarrif :)

The financial account deficit is being saved by the current surplus, meaning they're consuming less than they are producing. So it's no problem for countries that export a lot.

Who gives a fuck.. I don’t need more toys or T-shirt’s if it means I can no longer have a decent fucking paying job.

This is huge.. I literally want to fucking cave your stupid face in.

I saw how much outsourcing happened in Texas of real sophisticated products you have no idea how much was sent over and how things would be different if we hadn’t done it.. America would be insane if we hadn’t outsourced anything.

We built China and all we got was smartphones and cheap t-shirts

Your days of cheap labor will be over soon Jew. Fuck you and your profits :^)

because Thailand is not a communist sympathetic shithole

China would still be a backwater shithole and America would be like wakanda if we hadn’t outsourced everything.. not even memeing

>We built China and all we got was smartphones and cheap t-shirts
sounds like those african americans talking about slavery

Yeah no, more like Americans are buying cheap plastic junk designed to fall apart in a year, and in return Chinese are buying up American real estate, the fucking Chicago Stock Exchange, anything of real value that produces capital assets or generates returns to guarantee Chinese wealth endures into the future while Americans watch all that plastic crap fall apart, poor, owning nothing in their own country.

Thailand has had like 20 goddamned revolutions since the turn of the 20th century. You never know with them. But as long as they stay sympathetic to our culture, I guess they're ok.

And it's not like they really need the help. Bangkok is the most visited city in the world, beating out Paris 2 years running now.

>20 goddamned revolutions since the turn of the 20th century

and remains not communist

aw shit mang we fucked mang

happy lunar new year

We did build China you numb nuts.. we sent all our manufacturing to China so transnational corporations could raise their stock price while firing everyone. Then China used our consumer enconony to build cities that are superior to most of ours.

>A better question is "why not Thailand?"
Because Thailand adheres to actual Republican ideals and isn't just using Capitalism as a tool to increase production to get to Communism.
Also, Thailand is run by Freemasons and when the Communist regimes ever collapse in Asia they will be replaced by new Masonic regimes based out of Thailand.

(((Free trade)))

This the crap doesn’t even last a year... meanwhile I still have things from th 70s made in America that still work

yeah yeah, i'm just saying, you sound just like them.

You know who neighbors them. Laos, China, Cambodia, and they're once removed from Vietnam. All it takes is one revolution to turn them commie, and they continue to have them every 5 - 8 years. They have revolutions as often as some countries have elections.

this

zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-16/wilbur-ross-hold-briefing-steel-aluminum-reports
On metals, not everything

with shale we are now energy dependent, will only get more so with renewable development.
By-product of shale is cheap natural gas which is awesome for running manufacturing.
We are honestly being way too generous to a world that holds us in contempt. Bring home the military, jack up tarrifs.

DO IT YOU PUSSIES

>used our consumer economy to build cities that are superior to most of ours
Sad but true. While most of eastern Asia is building beautiful, vibrant, and exciting cities, the west is building soviet-style bland, featureless, concrete obelisks and glass boxes.

jesus christ the current administration is fucking terrible at politics

We build nice cities, too. Well, the US does, at least. You don't see new cities popping up in Europe these days.

So niggers are cargo cultists

good, international corporations and globalist business's will not be able to dodge paying tax.
every country should get their tariff on.

Because being Western tourist's boypussy is much neater than working your ass off in fucking factory.

This MUST be posturing, this would basically blow up the WTO. I suspect it's the opening salvo in a negotiation.

Oh no! All that cheap shit I don't really need is going up in price! FUCK!

Vietnam is what Chinese manufacturing would look like if the country wasn't poor, they didn't use enslaved kids for literally everything they made, and their products weren't cheap as fuck
As much as I like the place it's the smart thing to do, they're a fuckin juggernaut

so... quality goods instead of QUALITY?

>Basically, they did to China what China did to the US, and they're headed to being one of the largest manufacturers on the planet.

This user knows whats up. Its only a matter of time before Vietnam or another country kicks the chair from under China and they strangle themselves from their own State run mismanagement. Imagine what hundreds of millions of lost jobs would do to their already shaky economy.

Prostitution is one of the driving factors behind SEA's rise, yes, but they also have tons of manufacturing jobs. They're undercutting fucking China. South East Asia contains a quarter million people, and has some of the world's largest cities. Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hanoi, Vientiane, Angkor, Phnom Penh, Yangon, Manila, Davao, Haiphong, SINGAPORE, etc.

Yeah, like I said:
>the west is building soviet-style bland, featureless, concrete obelisks and glass boxes.

All we've had is a regression in architecture since the 70s.

>quarter million people,
billion?

if a Democrat did this they would be called a communist. Trumpcucks are brainwashed pieces of shit.

Thais are not Commies at all.

Back when Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos all flipped Commie for the first time, Thailand had their own (((student demonstrations))) and King Bhumibol secretly met with the military and had all the Communist crybabies massacred. There hasnt been a peep out of Communists since then and King Bhumibol is worshipped there even more than Buddha himself. Now you have do have Left leaning Thai politicians who are more sympathetic with the poor people of Isaan and whatnot vs the rich Thai-Chinese upperclass of Bangkok, but theyre definitely not "Communist" by any means.

Thailand will forever remain and pseudo-monarchy. Its literally a part of their culture.

It's why China is acting so aggressive in the "South China Sea" and posturing against Burma, India, Vietnam, etc. They've threatened to hold entire rivers hostage if SEA doesn't comply with them, just like Ethiopia is doing to Egypt. China knows that Vietnam and Thailand are threatening the only thing keeping China from collapsing, so they've decided to grab SEA by the balls and are threatening to squeeze.

Fuck off Schlomo.

Billion, yes. 250-ish million. Vietnam alone is approaching Mexico levels of population. Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, and Cambodia aren't doing too poorly, either. Well, they are poor as shit and growing rapidly, but they've got assloads of people.

>According to newswires, Ross will not announce Trump's decision on the report just yet, so anyone expecting the launch of trade war with China today will be disappointed.
Decision by April 11, and a reminder that these tariffs are for aluminium and steel, not manufactured goods.

Yep if china controls the south china sea, they have control of over a trillion dollars of trade.

good maybe we can get some american steel plants back online.

>Tariffs in Steel and Aluminum =slave labor jobs
You know a large amount of American medium sized cities used to produce steel which is a VITAL part of our products and services around the world. But you’re kike ass has long been in media or finance. Not an honest job of producing something

Our cities are fucking shit, are you kidding me? That pile of ass you posted isnt arguing for your point at all. Go to Asia, anywhere, doesnt even have to be China, and tell me our cities can even hold the slightest match to their cities. They cant- at all.

Good, I'd rather give more money to my fellow countrymen than a Chinese slave

They don’t control it if we don’t trade with them

So, what would happen if SEA go to war with China, or strangle them? Should I learn Vietnamese?

>cutting the access to water to countless peoples in a foreign country because you're being given the same medicine you gave those same fellas for decades

That like asking for international gang rape

>A trillion
TrillionS. South China Sea is the busiest mercantile area in the world. It's why Singapore is so huge. It's why the Straits of Malacca are so important. China wants to control the shipping lanes so that they can price-out the SEAsians, Philippines and Vietnam in particular, if they ever try to usurp China's manufacturing power.

It'd be like if the US just claimed all of the Atlantic islands and charged anyone trying to ship stuff there. Or if Spain took control of northern Morocco and charged exorbitant prices for access to the Med.

Another factor is that with the rise in social media, companies are becoming more aware of the implications of using slave labour - as a result there's a larger focus on the working conditions in the chinese factories that Western retailers buy from. This is beginning to cut into Chinese profits. Other shithole countries don't have this requirement right now as the focus isn't on them

t. user who's wife used to work as a furniture importer

China has nukes and are testing missiles that can get past THAAD. There's nothing we can do to them besides economically cuck them.

This
Amerigoblins will enjoy their american-made $800 mediakek smartphone

It's why China banned all VPNs and made a state-owned VPN - so they can monitor exactly what gets in and out of China.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sx2b1v7c0Ng

I think paying $12 for a t shirt instead of $4 is a food trade off if it maintains national sovereignty. Being reliant upon trade with other nations for goods degrades sovereignty and is completely degenerate.

notice this? every liberal has a fucking desk job moving paper from point a to b. none of em have real jobs that generate real value.

Lol, nearly all asiatic cities are built on coast or riverside which simply cannot hold the weight of skyscrapers, nearly all the place where they built like crazy are already starting to fall apart, with cracks over 10 inch wide appearing around their foundations and in the pavement around it.

Better a mundane looking city that do its job perfectly than a magnificent show of hubris in the form of countless artistic looking skyscrapers which show structural damage before they ever put the windows on.

>Or if Spain took control of northern Morocco and charged exorbitant prices for access to the Med.

Oh wait, you mean like how the brits are doing?

They still own Gibraltar for a reason

Honestly trade is my one hang up with Trump. I see the logic though. It's a gambit. If China opens up trade our spending power will go up. However if they don't open up trade, it would hurt us both and we'd look weak by relaxing restrictions.

Our spending power will either go down for a short time and have a crazy rebound, or it'll just stay down.

Also it's a broken window fallacy to say that this will create jobs. Sure it'll "create jobs". Breaking windows creates jobs too.

can we ban meme flags already?

all you dumb fucks saying we don't need americans making sneakers and hot wheels, we need Americans making robots and programming 3d printers to make that shit and slave labor stalls progress for the financial investment, which will make these things even cheaper

>You know a large amount of American medium sized cities used to produce steel which is a VITAL part of our products and services around the world.

Steel production is efficient now so it needs fewer meatbags. Our economy is measurable and it's doing fine. Minimills are efficient. The old Bethlehem Steel works was not, so it's a museum today. Tech marches on and obsolete plant is disposable.

The US is number 4 in global steel production. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_steel_production

Without media to sell it and finance to fund it there would be no large businesses to employ millions of workers. The idea of only manual labor somehow being the only real work is absurd, and were it true you would have no modern technology. You sound poor.

Ehh, I dont think its that black and white.

Vietnam and Thailand, as well as Cambodia, Laos and Burma are all heavily courting Chinese money from tourism, infrastructure and investment. Thailand's junta government especially is slurping China's cock hard and swallowing everything whole. They cant get enough of Chinese tourists especially, even referring to Chinese families as "high quality toursits, and they are also courting China for investment money just like they did before with Japan for decades. I dont see any conflict forthcoming as long as Chinese tourism bucks continue to flow into SE Asia.