UQ Holder / Negima

New key visual and PV, site also updated with characters.

uqholder.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=oVALIDOhLhs

OP theme is Happy Material. Yes, really.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ieBflNT64Ys
alaalba.weebly.com/uq-holder-proto-chapter.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those are all the characters up.

>no Santa

>Santa
Don't worry, there will even be some Negima characters in it

I guess it could look worse. Gotta wonder what the hell they're going to do with it if they're advertising Negima characters. No fucking way they'll get to Negimaker and co without cutting out a ton of stuff.

In the PV the shot of Touta talking and Eva blushing seems to be from when he confesses to her. I'm worried they're just going to straight up start from 100+ chapters in.

Shit, I hadn't considered that. I could honestly see them doing it, so they can jump right into Negima stuff and try to cash in on nostalgia.

Akamatsu adaptation curse might strike again, it seems.

It helps that the source material was meandering shit that couldn't settle on whether to be original or a sequel this time.

>no Santa
They are going to cut his arc out most likely.

Will UQ Holder really ruin Christmas?

>OP theme
I never watched the anime. Read Negima because I was interested in UQH. If they can't even show Santa and are planning some shitty girl song as OP even they can fuck off.

God those designs are shit

When's the latest spoilers coming out?

youtube.com/watch?v=ieBflNT64Ys

Just imagine those hot-blooded immortal fights to this.

Those designs are absolutely disgusting.

I hate this. I always wanted a Negima continuation but not like this.

It's a lot more simplified and softer. I have to wonder how the more serious/rough shots will look.

What the fuck?
This weekend.

>first link
Wow, that's really cute. I came in with very low expectations but wow, I might watch it.

They could change the rearrangment to be more UQesque but the lyrics still won't match.

Seriously, JUST FUCKING CONTINUE NEGIMA. YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER. JUST SAY "oh, I have stories. tapes that immediately follow this negima arc"

While we wait for spoilers, here are scans of the proto chapter. No translation, though.

alaalba.weebly.com/uq-holder-proto-chapter.html

>Ruined setting
>Touta is a lot more angry
>Yukihime has an eyepatch
>Because Eva has a scar over her eye
>Chachazero is alive
>Eva seems to disappear/die

Wait, didn't they announce that the Dana arc will be in an OVA or something? And yet they are reaching the fight against Ialda-Negi?

It is, it comes with the latest UQ volume.

I don't know what the anime is doing anymore. They could very well be continuing off from the OVA.

Why is Kirie blonde? Isn't her hair orange?

I know, it looks weird, but it's always been blonde. I don't know why Ken screentones it.

Here's a cover with daylight lighting.

>Happy Material

No better choice.

Wait is this just for UQ Holder or are we getting more Negima too? If it's just UQ Holder that key visual is a major cocktease.

UQ holder IS more negima. At least at the moment.

What rock are you living under? UQ Holder has had the subtitle of Negima 2 for a while now and the key visual is a fight from UQ Holder.

I stopped reading a while ago but I thought I got far enough that an anime probably wouldn't make it much farther, and at that point there wasn't much Negima.

I hope so. It was fucking boring.

I really loved the original part until the author fucked up with the stupid zombie arc.

The tournament arc following that where Touta slowly learns his new hybrid powers and loses to Cutlass was the perfect setup for the next stage, then sequel mode happened.

The current arc is a direct continuation of the last chapter of negima. We even found out who Negi liked which he then confessed to.

we also got introduced to void instant teleportation then we've never heard anything from wolf and blind guy ever again.

Who UQ here and feels rused?

I liked Negima.
I liked UQ.
I fucking hate this.

Oh shit, I should've kept up with it. I was afraid we were just gonna get teased for the entirety of UQ Holder so I stopped reading, but this is good news.

>Ken is doing series composition
>On UQ side, besides Touta and special case Kuroumaru, only the girls, even the most irrelevant ones Mizore and Shinobu, have seiyuu
>Santa and Ikkuu missing from fight in key visual
>First PV, the one that should make an impression, is full of naked girls, letting you know it's this kind of show

Is the madman cutting out the male characters?

Santa was a mistake.

Happy Material was the only good thing to come out of the original Negima anime. The Negima anime was worth it just for Happy Material.
Fite me faggots.

You mean Kirie.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you. Happy Material is a nice song, but re-using it for UQ Holder feels like a kick in the balls. It really feels like they're trying to sell Negima with this anime, not UQ Holder.

>It really feels like they're trying to sell Negima with this anime, not UQ Holder.

But that's it what it has become in the manga. I'm surprised they didn't renamed it to something like "Negima: UQ Holder."

Why is she so perfect?

>she

But the manga established the UQ side first and built up to the Negima plotline. If the anime plans on focusing on that Negima plot it won't have that build up or establishment of UQ characters. That's what I mean, it feels almost jerky to be advertising it as more a Negima thing than UQ and even using a Negima song as the OP. This might be the only anime adaptation UQ is going to get and it's not even going to be UQ.

Don't you get it? UQ doesn't matter. For Ken and/or his editors it failed and so they decided to bring Negima in full. I wouldn't be surprised if every UQ character except Touta and Kirie gets put on a bus in the near future. fuck it pretty much happened already.

Are the sales better now anyway?

I'm seeing a fair bit of hate for the zombie arc which honestly surprises me. the possible permanent fucking of the entire world was the first time I felt like there was any tension since the plot was focused on the immortals.

Just bear with it, once Negi dies everything will be fine.

So what's the summary of this? Did Touta spend all the prot-chapter in his edge mode trying to kill Eva for killing his family?

Except Ken said he planned for it to be a sequel from the beginning. Can you faggots stop spreading this meme he brought in Negima because UQ was failing? It was his plan from the fucking beginning. He's just shit at incorporating the two together, that's the problem.

>Are the sales better now anyway?
lol, no.

No translation, no idea.

No shit retard did I said it wasn't? Of course it was planned to be a sequel since we saw Eva but this change is too abrupt. You have to be blind or stupid to not to see this as desperate move to gain popularity fast.

It looks interesting, still did Touta basically join UQH at the end and became a Yakuza boss?

Why is Kirie so popular?

First girl that is not a bitch about falling in love.

Tsun Chisame clone.

So will this be yet another Akamatsu series that the anime staff butchers to hell and back?

It wasn't that abrupt. He established the main UQ cast with smaller arcs before beginning to build up to Negi returning. The issue, again, is that Ken fucking sucks at writing UQ and Negima in harmony so it ends up looking like his entire focus is on Negima now. That's a problem of his writing skills, not an indication he's selling out.

Ken's doing series composition himself, so you can blame him for any fuckery.

idk why but i always imagined her with green hair

You know its going to be shit when the PV already looks like trash.
Someone who has no idea about the source material might even think this is some random haremshit with all the bright colors and moe anime designs.

Well, it does contain a lot of haremshit, but still.

Akamatsu's series have always been bright in color in the first place. At least his color illustrations anyways.

W H E N
H
E
N

Never.

So will they spoil evil Negi right from the get go?

Probably not.