Kimi no Na wa

Your name

Was it all a lie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRfa9TRIt3Q
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07258V1DG
amazon.co.jp/dp/B073SZZ77W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just finished watching this in theaters. It was pretty good I'd say, there were really sensitive girls gasping and audibly tearing up at the scenes when they both meet at the crater's rim and the ending when looking for each other.

Now I need more weebums of the scenes, anyone got confusedmitsuha.webm?

it was a rip-off
youtube.com/watch?v=fRfa9TRIt3Q

Is there a particular distinction between the yellow vest and grey vest that Mitsuha wears? I was curious as to why both Mitsuha and Taki know to switch to grey on the day of the meteor falling, especially when it was after the day she wore the yellow vest for school.

I have the Lolihouse release. Is that good enough? I really want my first time watching this to be worth it

Everything about that phone memory erasing shot triggers me.

I just finished Koe no Katachi and I have to say that it was a better film. Can't believe Kimo no Na wa blew it out so hard.

Why does nips overestimate this?

>Those comments
>That fucking dislike bar

The triggering is real.

Anyone know where to find the BD extra contents like the commentaries, novel, etc?

lurk moar newfag

Didn't the same guy animated those 2 scenes?

Fact of the matter is that aside from a small minority no one gives a shit about a few scenes being referenced.

Take the boulder trap from Raiders of the Lost Arc. How many times has that been used in other films?

Small references to other media are common, so long as it isn't a good portion of the film then it doesn't matter.

This. Nobody cares about it outside of contrarian shitposters who want to stir shit up. And as I once posted before, mimicry is not inherently a bad thing.

Mexico?

Y-yes

Las Américas or Altabrisa? If the first one I was the guy with the Kyouko shirt

Just came back from seeing it on the big screen. I'm glad I got to experience it like that, the movie looks great. That being said, what happened to the subtlety of Shinkai's writing? The script was really poor compared to 5cm/s and Garden of Words.

Sorry, I don't live in Merida. I'm from Chetumal

He had a change of heart after the 2011 Tohoku earthquake. Instead of writing about the need to accept change and move on, he wants Your Name to leave the impression that people should strive for what they desire and overcome obstacles to live wholeheartedly. It shows very positive progress in his directorial and life outlook, and it'll likely stick for his future films.

have a webm

Mis carnales. Monterrey Valle Oriente aqui, y por suerte nos tocó una sala con gente callada.

I watched this today in cinemas in Mexico and the dub was good. Some guy was crying lol

5cm was fucking trash

Koe no Katachi is a turd with tear jerkers. It doesn't even have any romance on it, it's the story about a fucking bully trying to redeem himself, pretty selfish premise if you ask me, and the fuck keeps clinging to the past instead of moving on. The girl is not redeemable either, she's nothing but a plot device. Kimi no Na wa has better fleshed out characters and the romance is justifiable. In fact, the twisty ghostly thing is a subplot to complement the romance story.

>dub

You missed out, Mitsuha's original voice is the cutest thing ever

I've saw the movie in Japanese before hand so I knew everything going in, only went for the dub and it was worth it.

>only went for the dub

kys

I wish they'd shown Taki trying to get dressed as Mitsuha

We got it subbed in Costa Rica

too bad the whole theater was empty because everyone had watched it on anime streaming sites and didn't want to pay to watch it so we're never getting anime on the cinema ever again.

how was it?

English dub quality =/= Mexican dub quality

Mexican dubs are excellent. I saw this movie first in Japanese and watched it 3 more times plus today's with the Mexican dub and I can't wait to watch the English dub with the English songs cover.

mexican anime fans =/= american anime fans

mexico subs are bad, it's just that the latin america anime fandom is more willing to consume shit than american fans

At first Mitsuha's voice felt off but it grew on me as the movie progressed. Its a Mexican dub, expect quality but Japanese is obviously better. Having seen this movie many times with subs some of the line executions could've been better but nothing was cringe or anything so they did a serviceable job. Give the dub a chance, they'll still be showing this week and next week.

Yeah I watched it too before it was available officially but this movie had such an impact on me I felt a duty to support the creators and the local anime industry. Worth it.

I want to drug Mitsuha with roofies and then fuck Taki!Mitsuha when he wakes up

Tijuana user here, me sorprendió ver una sala casi llena y con gente muy callada pero que si disfruto la película y a pesar de que ya había tenido oportunidad de verla en San Diego lloré como una niña de nuevo ;__;

For fuck's sake user, English isn't hard.

Lol what's the matter burger friend, can't speak 2 languages?

>Tijuana user here

I'm sorry

>Mitsuha

>Special Edition released yesterday
>Not yet shipped - Aug 21, sept 18

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

How good are the English subtitles on the Japanese DVD? Is it the same as they had in US theaters? Did they fix "I shouldn't for her saké"?

It's basically the same subs that were in theaters, yes. Yes, they deleted the accent from that line.

Yo so, after watching this the first time, I rather enjoyed it. After watching it a second time, I realized how much it got bogged down in a kind of plot element that doesn't have much inherent beauty to it, or .. I couldn't explain it very well but something felt pretty convoluted and annoying. It seemed to easy a plot device, "that whole place dissappeared you've been interracting with a ghost", the search for it was also something...I don't know it was pretty good but I couldn't bring myself to care a second time around. Which is not good, because my tastes in things are fucking impeccable. I was charmed by the body-switch plot, that was amusing, but the whole "finding the fuckin place that got evaporated by a meteor" which lasted way too goddamn long really I mean, ...idk, I felt a bit used as a viewer I think, there might have been less subtle personal thought going on (on the part of the writers) and more awareness of "plot devices that work, lets use them and exploit them" happening. It's a one-time effect for me.

Koe no Katachi, on the other hand, I've been able to watch ten times over and still feel the value of the emotional content. Just as a point of reference.

Ohhhhh

Hahaha. Was this an "Homage"? What the hell.

When KnNwfags get exposed for having shit taste. Come back when your film acquires some maturity.

The subtitles are the same as on the rip that is on Kissanime, which isn't the same as the ones in the theatres (in the USA at least).

Please don't even start the "my favorite anime movie is more mature than your favorite anime movie", especially not in an argument between Kimi no Na wa and Koe no Katachi because you only make yourself look more retarded.

I'm not from America and I can speak 4.

nice blog, nerd

You like sappy melodrama. I don't mean to discount what you think is emotionally fulfilling, but what you find emotionally fulfilling is melodramatic crap written for 14 year olds. I agree the sci-fi comet part of Your Name was probably its weakest, but to claim Koe no Katachi has better writing is laughable to me. If you noticed that the Your Name comet plot dragged, you should notice that KnK takes that melodrama to 11 with "THIS STUFF MATTERS SOOO MUCH"

一人の少年がとある少女に恋をします。

直接告白することはできず、なんとか彼女の電話番号を手にした彼は、変な電話番号にもあまり気にせず電話をかけるのですが、実は彼女も彼のことが大好きで、両思いだったのです。このことに気づいた彼は大喜びするのでした。

しかし翌日、彼が昨日のことについて話そうとすると彼女は困った顔をします。昨日彼が電話で話した相手は今彼の前にいるその女の子ではなかったのでした。実は、電話機の向こうの彼女はこの宇宙には存在していませんでした。彼女は並行世界の者だったのです。その並行世界では、逆に彼女が彼に片思いをしていたのですが、並行世界の自分は彼女のその思いに気づいていなかったのです。

何だかんだで、電話で知り合った二人はある取り引きをします。自分のもっとも深く、プライベートな秘密を分け合うことで、相手にいわゆる「並行世界の自分の必勝攻略法」を教え合うのです。

その作戦をもってそれぞれ好きな人を追いかけまわる間に、彼らは自分の世界よりも電話機の向こうの相手のことがもっと好きになってしまいます。お話はそういう恋の本質について問いかけます。

Did Miyazaki upload this?

AHO!

あなたはそれが存在するため、ということ書き込むのをやめるべきリマインダー。

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

the pre-order bookmarks for the normal edition are sold out apparently, praying my preorder the day before didn't get fucked over
>old: webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07258V1DG
>new: amazon.co.jp/dp/B073SZZ77W

Aren't you the one who started it?