Sup Forums just got BTFO by Neil deGrasse Tyson

>but it would be impossible to ban guns without inciting a civil war
The fact that's true says a lot about the absolute state of your country. It goes without saying that a complete ban would be highly complex to execute, if not impossible. But why not impose stricter gun laws? Would reducing the chance of innocent kids being shot at their school not be high on your priority list if you were in charge?

>look at Chicago, gun free zone yet statistically likely someone is in the hospital being treated for a gunshot wound as I type this
Neighboring states have some of the most relaxed gun laws.

>i have the right to defend muhself
You have to defend yourself because everyone has a gun, which is exactly the issue here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLpIMRowndg
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls
youtube.com/watch?v=QHSXZnxLZ0I
dailymotion.com/video/x51lthc
youtube.com/watch?v=TYhT8Jy-R1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is he advocating for stay-at-home mothers teaching their children?

>tips fedora
thanks black science man.

Prayers aren't supposed to stop bullets from killing children. I thought Tyson was supposed to be intelligent...

Yes but just because its true doesnt mean you say something like that. Schizophrenics make up a good portion of the population. Even in my autism i can see that.

But they say thoughts and prayers AFTER.

you're not american. fuck off anti liberty faggot

But do prayers stop trucks of peace? Do they stop nail bombs of justice? Do they stop IEDs of insh'allah?

What did based nigger man mean by this?

>Following
Kill yourself

He's a nigger.

Nobody, I repeat that nobody is making me helpless. The idea that I have to solely rely on police, their response time, and a phone, no, fuck that.

Wake up at night, realize that there are two meth heads in your house who don't give a fuck about gunlaws, one is beginning to open your bedroom door, you dial 911, the operator answers but your being strangled as the other meth head stabs you with a kitchen knife.. Boy, I sure do hope the police arrive in time and don't accidentally fucking shoot me, cause they are strategically and tactically inept

He's a weird guy.

Yeah, let's ban drugs too! Surely that will completely eliminate overdose deaths

Oh...

SHALL

How about alcohol and cigarettes, you seen the death stats for them? It's mind boggling

#BanAllPrayers

>it's another episode of yuropoors lecturing Americans on gun laws

Wow. A fucking nigger. Opinion into trash where it belongs. I guess science nigger will tell us how mean ol gun fired itself

>Cosmically insignificant
That day in particular? Sure.
The date of that day from the time we start counting to the point we loop around? Significant, because it's one whole lap around our beautiful star.

He's right. A person who merely prays and does not act will have a hell of a time in contrast with those who pray and act.

An armed response would be plenty to turn a shooter;s assault into an evasion, or suicide.

Most people realize prayers don't do shit, but what are you supposed to say?
"Sorry your kids got rekt, that sucks"

And not paying liberal union teachers in government schools?

>but it would be impossible to ban guns without inciting a civil war
>The fact that's true says a lot about the absolute state of your country.
You say that like a government that can't disarm it's citizens is a bad thing. Enjoy being a slave you frog cuck.
>Neighboring states have some of the most relaxed gun laws.
Doesn't make owning a gun in Chicago any less illegal. Also, a state in USA is the size of your shithole country. So by your logic it's easy to bring in illegal guns into France from another shithole european country.
>You have to defend yourself because everyone has a gun, which is exactly the issue here.
Being against the ability to defend your own life is illogical at best and ultimately defeatist at worst. Take that idea to it's logical extreme: What if NOBODY was able to defend their right to exist? Murderers would get away with murder. You're a complete fucking moron. I'd say kill yourself but I'm sure you have some durka mudslime is already about to do that for you.

>"Sorry your kids got rekt, that sucks"
toppest of keks, should be mandatory

Yeah, Brazil took guns out of the hands of citizens and look how great it's going on the favelas, and in the rest of the country.

Evidence collected over many years, obtained from many locations like Detroit, Chicago and St-Louis, indicate that strict gun laws don't work, and that blacks commit 50% of all murders.

They're arguing against something no one ever said. No one prays to prevent shootings, they pray for the victims and their family.

You're awfully interested in a country that's not yours toothpaste boi.

Black Science Man be pretty smart, but what about the Matrix and Kawanda?

Please stop calling him by his slave name. He is now known as moon nigger

This is why....

"The Weak should fear the strong."

And then a picture of yourself flipping off a church with your shadow in view, fedora and extra 200 pounds hanging from your stomach.

What are they supposed to do then?

I would really like to see this blow hard strapped to one of those rockets.

Please tell me this is fake or I'll be losing what's left of my respect for this pompous pseudo-intelectual.

What has this guy accomplished in his career besides being a half black bill nye?

This is so stupid

how many tragedies are cut short or prevented by acts of god? You can never know for sure, so that's hardly an argument against prayer.

No ones gonna take away our guns. It's just gonna be a bunch of politicians and faggots whining about it for a bit then it will blow over. Obama and the Dems couldn't ban guns after Newtown, how the fuck do they think they're gonna now?

This guy is a disgrace to pseudo-intellectuals.

NdGT thread?

NdGT thread.

How does he know? What variables did he account for, what's the control group, the methodology? Is there another universe exactly like this one except no one prays after a tragedy he's comparing this to? Do they have more shootings there or less according to his data?

Is is, apparently, the assault weapons ban.

He's done it again ladies and gentlemen. Is there no end to Black Science Man's wisdom?

DeGrase can be so thick-headed at times. It's like, he tries way too hard to prove you're wrong and he's smart by making these absurd points out of
hyperbolated non-truths.

A full "939,950,000 km journey around the Sun", as he so calls it, takes about 365 days to complete. A year. We all know January 2nd could be the 1st day of the year of some other 365 days calendar. Big whoop.

He needs to find a way to make us insignificant when compated with the massive scale of the universe - he's just coming across as a massive cunt as it is.

>yurocuck wants to add another country to the cuck list so they don't feel as alone

Lmao the day America listens to yurocucks is the day we've lost. We don't follow you, you follow us

>Would reducing the chance of innocent kids being shot at their school not be high on your priority list if you were in charge?
That's a contradiction to your first statement. Starting wars does not reduce the chance of kids being shot.

fucking hell, DeGrase is such a fucking con-man. Why is he being so hyped up? I don't get it... He sucks completely!

>Omnipotent*

*Terms and conditions apply

He’s isn’t intelligent, he’s just a propagandist.

A whole thread and I haven't seen one substantive argument against OP. Sup Forums has really fallen off the wagon lately.

we are reaching maximum fedora tipping levels never thought possible.

I didn't believe OPs image was real and I'm not sure why I doubted it. He's such a fucking retard.

this man is a cringe factory

scientism manifest

What don't you get about it? He's BLACK Science Man. If you haven't realized that our civilization is in need of a nuclear reset yet, I don't know what to tell you.

when the morocaans come to kill you how will you act?
will you cry and beg while they cut off your head?
will you run away and leave your family to be raped and killed?

NdGT thread!

No amount of legislation or moral high grounding will change the inherent nature of violence.

he posted a pic more interesting than his topic

We honesty don't care about our kids getting murdered. No one here does. Otherwise we would have done something about it. Unless its by a non-whiter killer.

You're right. Society is a sham, civilization is a myth! We need to go back to the root! Me Unga Bunga ANGRY *hits you with rock*

Is the joke that he's not skeptical at all?

NdGT thread...

How many school shootings inchristian schools?

nobody replying seriously to a retarded statement , woah pol is so dumb
there is a place for smart people like you at least

Oh lord that pic. They really think that showing black people reading should go viral!? Holy shit talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations

>"You have to defend yourself because everyone has a gun, which is exactly the issue here."

Gun laws don't apply to malicious career criminals. Please try again.

Its almost like there's a rule on here that you never post an unrelated OP picture more interesting than your OP

Well hello there rare flag

>Prayers aren't supposed to stop bullets from killing children. I thought Tyson was supposed to be intelligent...

I was about to post this.

There is no post more autistic than the "thoughts and prayers don't prevent school shootings!" garbage. They aren't supposed to and nobody is saying they are. "Thoughts and prayers" for most people are a means of offering their condolences for somebody elses loss, you know, trying to just say something nice. Like how you would say at a funeral "I'm sorry for your loss" the aim is not to raise the deseased from the dead or prevent anyone from dying ever again, it is just a simple statement of "I care" to convey togetherness.

Of course thoughts and prayers are fucking pointless to preventing massacres but most people aren't in a position to propose or enact any change that would prevent them in the future so they just make a simple fucking statement that says the victims and the survivprs matter.

Nothing screams irony like shouting "THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS DON'T HELP" repeated because as true as that might be, that isn't the point, and you know what statement doesnt doesn't help either? "THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS DON'T HELP". Seriously, how much of a narcissistic shit stain do you have to be to turn people just trying to say something nice into another oppurtunity to fuel your moral superiority complex.

This is actually pretty funny if you view it as just a joke mocking Christcucks and not a pro-gun control statement

has that claim been disproven?

evidence collected over many years, obtained from many locations, indicates that the future astronauts are responsible for 50% of all gun violence

Maybe because everyone has seen the same argument 500 times and they don't care to reply to it anymore.

Apparently, Black Science Man never saw Pulp Fiction.

Oh, and someone explain what a false equivalency is to him while you're at it.

You pray for people who are dead so they could go to heaven

dats one big brain nibba.

Well ,i heard he was working on some sci fi game

Wrong, read the thread you fucking idoit

It's literally astronomically significant and mathematically significant to the science studying our solar system. He is attacking science with this post, horrendous; what a closed-minded little prick.

youtube.com/watch?v=LLpIMRowndg

>normies :haha your such a loser
>Also normies : OMG why would he do this!!
What do normies mean by this guys?

This one always blows my mind.
He's so insightful. How could we have gone so long without seeing the truth?
Drumpftards officially BTFO'd

Also, what exact response do they expect on twitter? Like, what could you possibly say on twitter that would help in ANY capacity at all? Its not the right platform for doings things, its a speaking platform and you have no idea what someone behind a post like that is actually doing in meatspace, maybe they're tweeting while on the shitter at some rally or on a break counseling damaged kids, who the fuck knows.

I pray and i dont have a single bullet hole in me nor do my offspring.

>implying Sup Forums preaches a pacifist, prayer-based solution to school shootings

How long have you been here, ten minutes?

evidence collected over many years, obtained from many locations, indicates that banning guns is sufficient to stop bullets from killing school children

tyson is a faggot and i earnestly hope that one day, someone knocks the pride and ego out of that fucking fake ass man.

It's a cast iron certainty that the autists who rebuff them as useless are doing jackshit apart from having their fedora around online. Thats what shits me so much.

"You have to defend yourself because everyone has a gun, which is exactly the issue here."

That is some seriously retarded fucking logic.

Right behind firearms - Fists, feet, blunt objects and knives are the leading cause of homicide in america.

ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

Dont think that these things are as dangerous?

youtube.com/watch?v=QHSXZnxLZ0I

How about: skip to 25 min

dailymotion.com/video/x51lthc

Inb4 -"But its only a punch" Fuck you faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=TYhT8Jy-R1k

The firearm is the best way to defend against an attacker, and the only way available to women, children and the elderly.

You dont get to have a say when I am the one who is being set upon by someone who intends to harm me, whatever his method of attack may be.

Clubs my coconut

>The fact that's true says a lot about the absolute state of your country. It goes without saying that a complete ban would be highly complex to execute, if not impossible. But why not impose stricter gun laws?
We already do and still not working because nogs and spics keep shitting up the place. And do keep in mind the FBI and other agency had multiple warnings to stop the Florida shooting and did nothing. And the dude that shoot up a church in Texas came from a state with strict gun laws and was able to obtain one because the U.S government failed to update their database on time.
>Would reducing the chance of innocent kids being shot at their school not be high on your priority list if you were in charge?
Why would I care about the people that caused the kid to go on a rampage in the first place.I've been through middle school and high school in Florida and have seen first hand what they do to nerdy or "unpopular kids they can get fucked.
>Neighboring states have some of the most relaxed gun laws.
OK and? Do they have the same or a higher crime rate?
> I have the right to defend myself because nogs and spics can't be trusted to act like civilized human beings. And the fact that federal agencies have a long history of trying to start shit with citizens.

so profound. truly the greatest intellectual of our time.

>meanwhile this never happens in private schools
fraudulent monkey strikes again

Thats actually a very good troll (and fact) coming from a physicist lol.

>what are you supposed to say?
don't send your kid to public school?

>Did you know that a human life is a mere blip in the history of the universe and our entire species will die out without the great vastness caring at all?