Storytime: Houseki No Kuni (Vol. 5)

Come and join! For tonight we are gonna see drama, suffering and chiseled butts.

>What is Houseki No Kuni?
A Manga from author Haruko Ichikawa. 28 genderless Gem People are the only habitants of the land in the far future, and they must defend themselves from the mysterious attackers that come from the Moon to capture them. Phos, the protagonist, is completely useless. Adamant, their leader, asks him to make an encyclopedia which kicks a series events that make him start to discover whats going on with the world they are living in.

What we saw so far:
>Phos gets chosen to make an encyclopedia. He meets Cinnabar, who wants to fucking die, and decides to find a job for him.
>Phos befriends an Admirabilis, Ventricosus. Admirabilis are used as slaves by the Moon People. Ventricosus tells Phos about the Humans and their myth of creation. She tries to sell Phos to the Moon People and he loses their legs, but they sort things out and she gives him agate legs.
>Phos new legs makes him super fast. Adamant Sensei sends him with the Amethyst twins to see if he learns how to fight. Phos gets too scared to even call for help during battle.
>Due to feeling bad about it, Phos cannot hibernate like the other gems during winter. He is paired up with Antarciticte to defend the sleeping gems from attackers, and loses his arms to the talking ice floes. When he gets an alloy replacement, Moon People attack and take away Antarc.
>Phos gets temporarily partnered up with Bortz since he is now strong. A double sunspot anomaly appears, and from there a giant Moon People who attacks the gems, but they manage to defeat him. Phos realizes the giant was related to Sensei in some way and decides to learn about it by directly trying to talk with the Moon People.

For more info:
For more info (Previous volumes)
-Volume 1: →
-Volume 2: →
-Volume 3: →
-Volume 4:

warning: at the start this dump will go extra slow
i reccomend doing other stuff and keeping an eye until i pick up the pace

feel free to bump

Don't mind me just posting best legs now that they finally have a CG render

beautiful

the coolest gem

starting the speedy dump in a short while
i was having dinner

i really love this guy attitude

also, somehow even with all that hair he is one of the few gems i consider "male"

Oh wow looks like my posting of best legs was appropriate

ded

not buying his bullshit at all

Also ded

end of the chapter
now give me a minute and i start dumping for real

I really do like these comedic beats. The minimalistic art style just makes them funnier

reminder that Yellow lost like 7 partners, she is a fucking serial killer

yeah i love the humor. Phos and Cairngorm interactions are the best in that regard.

ITS JOKE

End of the chapter.

notable that the gems actually grow

Yiz.

>sucking so much at your own job

ALEX-SENSEI

TRIVIA TIME.

Guess what the Lunarian is about to say:
a) Choke me Daddy.
b) FUCK YOU
C) fuck i cant breathe

On to the next chapter. This is what i call the "suspicions" arc or something like that. Because Phos suspects Sensei.

I want to fill her holes

you will have to fight rutile to earn that

these fucking fucks

Like a ghost...

they most likely dont have any idea of what "ghost" means, but sensei does so maybe he named her like that because of that