Why does everyone hate Snek?

Why does everyone hate Snek?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CZiCJprELvM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old meme from other places as far as I'm concerned. Not even sure the sentiment is widely held in actuality.

She's a good character, one of the few in Mono with a robust arc, fully completed as of Nadekomonogatari. Clearly she's one of Nisio's favorites.

Because she's a bad person?

Bad people deserve to be hated so that good people can bring justice

She reminds us of ourselves, and she enjoys being insulted.
So hating her is the way to truly show our love.

Probably because she's unlikable and her problems are hard to relate for most people.

When it comes to every other girl, all of them have "valid reasons" to be as fucked as they are (crab got raped, cat was physically abused and neglected, monkey had to deal with oddities at a young age), but for snek her problems seems to steem from her submissive nature more than from anything else. She didn't have any particular adversities through her life, but instead had normal parents who supported her, and her lack of friends is more related to her aforementioned submissive nature rather than anything traumatic.

Her problem being that she was obsessed with Araragi to the excent that it was harming her in some ways put all the blame on her instead of being an "external issue", like it is in almost any other case (at least when it comes to human girls).
Her arc it still amazing (the one from 2nd season I mean). It's well developed and resolved, while also showing someone as charismatic and interesting as Kaiki through the entire way.

Tbh I do kind of understand from where she comes. It's really hard to pursue your dreams when you feel ashamed, have a low self-steem or both. Anyways, Hanekawa is more of my spiritual animal because I was also neglected and physically abused.

Because there's so many better Monogataris, like Bat (adult only) and Cat, and... that's it.

>Crab got raped
That was never implied anywhere

Fake

Monkey sits on her mountain and laughs

>charismatic
>Kaiki
Yes that's true

Perhaps "charismatic" wasn't the right word. "Likable" would be more accurate.
She was sexually abused though.

I would contest some of this. You're not exactly wrong in the essence of your post, but you haven't hit the nail square in the head either.

While it's true that her parents were ordinary law-abiding citizens that cared for her, unlike most Monogatari parents, they didn't support her in every aspect of her life or even arguably the most important one. They cared for her, but the way the treated her was, rather than fully supportive, restrictive to her young and developing personality. They doted her to be a princess cute type without truly even trying to get to know their child, and, unlike Kaiki, failed to notice that she was fundamentally dissatisfied with her life because the expectations all adults had for her were not what she herself dreamed for.

You could also say that her real problem were her feelings of self-loathing from having to live a half-assed life due to the very same inferiority complex she felt because she wanted to be creative and creative people are, more often than not, introverts. She then used Araragi as the outlet for a never-to-be-fulfilled romance, just the same as hiding your eyes behind bangs. Ultimately, her issues were that her introverted personality made people pigeonhole her, and so no-one bothered to get to know her.

Which is why Kaiki is so important, because he was the only adult in her life who took the time and had the foresight to sit her down and be real with her.

Sure, it's not a story of huge traumatic distress like Hanekawa, but not liking a character because you can't divert the blame of their issues to some other extral factor sounds really silly, kind user. I mean, I'm not denying it may happen and it's clear you don't do that yourself, but I doubt that's why people don't like her. Why would I like a character less if their problems are "entirely their fault"? Doesn't make sense to me.

>fake
So new you weren't even here when those ads were around. Only time I ever disabled my adblock on Sup Forums.

>they doted her to be a princess cute type without truly even trying to get to know their child
You're right. I forgot about that aspect of her issues.
>I doubt that's why people don't like her
In a world with sexually harrased and abussed girls, some people might find it too "mild" if someone was only reified by her parents. Don't forget that there are some people that want to feel emotionally reasured by this characters, and might find her as a reminder of their own weakness.
I mean, why do you think this fellow gets so much hate?

Snake is CUTE

>sexually abused
also not true

Then what did the cult's leader did to her?

this guy likes nadeko a lot and I share his opinion
youtu.be/CZiCJprELvM

because she's an unlikable mental bitch and people dont understand that when someone says she's a bad character, they are not meaning that she's badly written, just that she's a shitty person/HAS a bad character.

Completely unrelatable to anyone decent. I can see it work for what is intended, but she's not likeable in the least if you have any standards besides "looks cute". You dont put your dick in crazy

boy, next you'll tell me nothing happened to math despite all the imagery used so people didnt miss it.
or that there were 2 roukas.

She gave her virginity to Kaiki willingly.

the worst part about snake is how real it gets.
in that people this self-absorbed actually exists.
Dont get me wrong, I get the thing about being shy and the pressure from how people treat her accumulating, even if its partly her fault. but she's still extremely selfish and egocentric, to a point that she's mentally ill.

These are people that create hell for themselves and others, yet the only person usually deserving of that hell, like nadeko, are these snakes themselves. Part of living a good life is identifying the nadekos and staying the fuck away from them

Its really amazing that some people will say they relate to her, and I thought that relating to umaru was bad. Please kill yourselves.

Because her feelings for Araragi were fake and just an excuse for her to run away.

She's ok in her first series and then pretty good in her later ones.

very lovely would tribute to

He attempted to rape her, but she didn't let him. The fact that she didn't let him is the main reason why the cult gave her family shit

Her arc was great, but she's just an unlikeable brat.

Snek had a lot of screentime but no character arc. She's also so creepy that Araragi wouldn't even molest her.

Most people who shitpost in Monogatari threads haven't watched past Bake or Nise, so no one seen Sengoku at her best. She is pretty bland in Bake and Nise, but everything after that is great.

She's creepy and too scary.

>Wouldn't worship a literal goddess who is cute as fuck

she's doesn't want to fuck araragi's brains out, unlike crab cat monkey

She wants to tear araragi's brain out, and then fuck the corpse.

my kind of girl

But the guy sexaully assaulted her. It didn't make it to the raping part, but she was abused by him. It was during the abuse that she killed him.

>monkey
>fuck araragi
Wew lad.

she fell in love with araragi, but refuses to accept the fact that he's fucking crab now and barges into his room and transcends into mega bitch god status.

i guess that one time where tsukihi called her out roasted her ass kind of helped

nice
she can't have crab so she'll settle for her bf

She's fine. She's like Kaiki except the story actually acknowleges that her mindset is too pathetic/self-inflicted to sympathize with.

As a narrator she's only fun when going apeshit though. Nademonogatari was more boring than the anime version of Hana because of her and the cameos saved it hard, in my opinion. She's literally just a dumbass nervous little girl and that's it in it.

She's nuts

Her second arc was great, but she's an unlikeable brat.

She was almost raped you dummy

They dont understand what its like to be a cute little girl. In other words men are stupid.

>sexually assaulted her
true
>episode 12 bakemonogatari "You know, that cult leader may have assaulted me, but my lips are still untouched"
>killed him
I'm not defending crabfags, but what the fuck dude? She hit him with a shoe over the head and he had a wound there. No killing.

The shoe had metal track spikes in it, so it fucked him up pretty bad. Still, it was an appropriate amount of force.

When is Kizu 3 subbed?

Dumb dumbposter.

When's a new monogatari airing?

user the whole point of Nadeko Snake was establishing why Kanbaru was so intent on hanging out with Araragi, and it's not because he's a stand in for Gahara for her (that's what Araragi thought she was doing)

5 days.

Fuck yes

Because she was Ougi's puppet, probably. Maybe.

I have not read novels yet plz no spoils

I watched EdoPhantom subs for 2 and 3 and they were fine

Jealousy. They are just frustrated that they will never be able to become a McGod due to their lack of faith in the free market.

because she beats bat's ass easily every time

also isn't a fake goddess but was qualified to be the real deal

Fuck that soon? I thought it was later in the month.

>people think the (almost) act in itself is what broke Crab and not the fact her own fucking mother agreed to and hated her for defending herself

I honestly wonder how many pedos this show created.

incest too, for bee/bird
besides real girls look nothing like them

Bird isn't his real sister. It's fine. It's not like he did anything with Bee, anyways. Toothbrushing is an important part of hygiene.

Plus we have to remember her Dad took none of that shit and divorced her Mom, fully on her side and in his own weird way, trying to support her. Senjougahara papa doesn't get nearly the praise he deserves, and they cut his awesome scene at the end of Tsubasa Tiger in the anime.

Its why when people compare Crab and Cat, they forget Senjougahara has a real swell papa in her corner both before and after her "healing" while Hanekawa has no one.

She is by far the best, that arc with kaiki is the only remarkable thing in monogatari

That arc wasn't just carried by Snake and Kaiki, though. It wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it wasn't for Crab and Doll's appearances

Well i agree on that, crab did it well, nevertheless this arc happened because of nadeko hating on her will be nonsense

>onii-chan it's okay
she was d2f, I dunno if that's nothing.

She reminds everyone of that one girl that had that creepy obsession with you

no one ever had that obsession with me

the closest I have is some fat guy who hit on me when i went to arizona for a convention.

>Why does everyone hate Snek
Attention whore.

Sexier than crab will ever be.

t. Lolicon

Snake's love isn't as pure as Senjyogahara's anyways.

Pre-Snake Snake is 10/10 god-tier. Snake-Snake is a crazy bitch.

>quite an effort
>only manages to smile a bit and bluntly seducing him by being in underwear
She will never reach Snake's feminine charm.

Wait, what happened to Math? It's been a while, but I thought her home was just broken.

I want [commie] though

Sengoku is clearly not pre-pubescent, retard.

daddy gave her a LOT of love

That's part of the appeal. When Senjyogahara really puts an effort in...that's how you know she really wants it.

>wants you to hold her down and call her "daddy's little cocksleeve" during sex

Can we all agree that Crab is the worst?

She wasn't raped, just frequently beaten and mistreated in every way. The japanese version couldn't be interpreted sexually. She still had the worst background of every character alive.

Kaiki dropping the mangaka bomb still is my favorite moment in the series

and how do you explain the "if only I wasnt born a girl" part? with the imagery of something going up her legs when shot from an angle

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Otherwise according to this doujin she's more attracted to Araragi's boxers than Araragi.

That never happened.

yes it did. it was like a part of a chair or something from the room when she was talking to araragi.
if I still had the episodes I'd seek the pics out for ya, but if you look for them you'll find them.

It totally wasn't. Hitagi has a thing for her dad. I mean, he did go above and beyond for her as a father, so it's natural she is so attached.

Then again, she has a thing for Hanekawa too, I hope you didn't think her proposing her love to Cat twice in the commentaries was a joke.

Araragi may be a perverted philanderer, but she ain't nothing to sneeze at herself.

user just because you propose love for somebody doesn't mean you actually love them.

Although the idea of a couple both having their separate harems is actually pretty amusing. I'd watch a spin off like that.

>She still had the worst background of every character alive.

Her and Tsubasa are probably around the same. I think they cut out the part in the anime where she talks about her birth mother hanging herself over her crib. And her parents never made any illusions of being together, they told her to her face in third grade she wasn't their child and she was to be put into an orphanage. She said that in Bake, and in Tiger, we found out that was the reason for her abnormality developing.

And for the scene in Tsubasa Family where Araragi healed her cheek, it wasn't supposed to be bad enough she was to have a huge permanent scar on her face from her dad beating her, which was why Araragi used his blood. Sure, we've seen in Kizu she's been through worse, but we're talking about background now.

I'm assuming we didn't get any more news on that phone game?