How to ruin a shonen with one battle

Thanks for confirming that bnha is going to be generic as hell .

Isn't anyone capable of writing a proper non generic shonen plot story other than togashi (HxH)?

At leaaaast a proper vengeance story where the guy with grudge spend more time taking revenge alone than crying and regretting how he became "EVIL" .

Maes hughes never forget

Remind me how roy trying to kill the envy(who started a genocid) is bad and how he had to apologize like a kid to his assistant!

>crying and regretting how he became "EVIL"
Congratulations! You missed the entire point of the show!
BnH shows the audience that there are true heroes, those who give help and sacrifice themselves without being asked or paid for it (like Midoriya and Todoroki in this arc), and those who just happened to have good quirks and use them to get earn money and fame (like Mt. Lady).
IIda wasn't crying about becoming "evil", but because he wasn't being a hero at all.

>and use them to earn money and fame*
Fixed.

He wouldn't have been any better than envy. Envy was so embarrassed that it literally killed itself in front of the people he mocked. How is that not satisfying?

I think what you are explaining is what stain convictions are all about.

btw it is not like if all might isnt doing it a bit for fame too. He always scared about his image of number one hero.

Iida whole vengeance things was uncalled for. I heard about being blinded by rage.But trying to take on the guy who kills pro hero daily while not being able to make it even to school tournament final is just stupid. Also his new boss noticing he is there for revenge and not being strict with him... Than he kept crying no stop how he was the reason for his friends to get hurt trying to save him.
Not to mention all the random powerups like midoriya outspeeding stain after just two days training

I think it is time to get serious a bit with the show. We are 30 episodes in it and it is time to prove itself if it is going to be a good/masterpiece or an other average anime.

>He wouldn't have been any better than envy

Never understood that logic. So if a serial killer kill your family than try to kill you but you somehow disarm him . You are bad if you kill him? Not to mention that roy is part of military and he isn't breaking the law by killing a criminal.

We got a full lecture with envy but with lust it was ok that she was burning no stop (a lot of suffering before dying).

Fmab was a masterpiece until it got close to its ending.

Hate to go all looper on you but that means the cycle would just begin again.

I said a serial killer which means a criminal not someone who defended himself or took revenge against someone attacking him. And also read what i said about roy being military and being qualified to kill criminals

That logic really only works in the original context it was popularized in. That is as a detective looking for a killer and who has them at their mercy and knows for a fact they'll be convicted in noir films.

If there is someone you know is dangerous. Has killed more then one person and shows no signs of stopping then in general that logic doesn't really work. It's even worse when the people saying it actually do have the legal right to execute them for their crimes.

we might never see a shonnen mc who gets to finish his dark revenge like gon or begin it correctly like kurapika

>Not to mention all the random powerups like midoriya outspeeding stain after just two days training
Considering what OFA is you shouldn't be surprised by this. It's literally his super power.

He killed King Piccolo

Been a very long time since i saw db.

But thats technically correct.

Too bad most of modern shonen only learnt the boring parts from db ( excessive powers and stupid characters)

Unless Roy is going to force the entire military to replace their guns with Tasers, he is going to lead to more deaths at some point in the future.
The scene was pointless and stupid.

>btw it is not like if all might isnt doing it a bit for fame too. He always scared about his image of number one hero.
He's considered a "Symbol of Peace" in the entire world (or at the very least all of Japan), he's not getting any younger, and his powers are on a constantly-shortening timer. There are a number of obligations to uphold there. Of course he's going to be concerned with his appearances.

That said, he seems much less concerned with fame for fame's sake and more concerned with how his mere presence and an utterance of "I am here!" can completely turn the peoples' despair into hope and joy.

Doesn't matter if something makes sense. People such as the op will still question it.

my biggest complain is that pro heros feel like cannon folder except endeavor and the old man. Countless heros are killed by stain yet he was destroyed by 3 kids still learning. deku didnt even have a good tactic this time.

More than 4 heros can't even restrain 2 of those nomu monsters. Yet endeavor destroy one of them without even trying. World building is weak.

>* cannon fodder

Stupid fucking secondaries.

They explicitly state in the manga/anime that in a one on one against the Hero Killer's quirk -- there really isn't much you can do. Take into account that most heroes were definitely taken by surprise.

Boku no Hero Academia might be generic, but it isn't generic enough to limit powerscaling to "i'm higher rank so im 100 power and you're 50 power"; things like surprise, numbers, environment, speed, etc. and intel are actually taken into account when someone goes into a fight.

t. speedreader

Since there are people who survive his attack. His methodes should be clear to every pro hero. Also not every hero can be hurt by blade easily. There are many who change the property of their body or have high speed to escape. But still i see where you coming from.

>things like surprise, numbers, environment, speed, etc. and intel

Matter only for the mc so far. I have yet to see a group of pro heros outnumber a powerfull villain. Or a pro hero acting with some experience

Maybe i am too hard on bnha because i had very high expectation from it and want it to raise the bar where fma and hxh reached. It is an above average anime but it is still far from amazing yet. And the way where things are heading now dont seams to be getting much better.

>I have yet to see a group of pro heros outnumber a powerfull villain. Or a pro hero acting with some experience
Read the manga

>Hero attempts to murder another hero in the name of justice

I don't know. Iida sounds pretty evil here.

>Stain
>Villain

The fact that you think Hunter x Hunter is on the same tier as FMA makes me seriously doubt your ability to judge series.

Manga also states that he intentionally wounded certain heroes while killing others. Ingenium would be one of the heroes he purposefully wounded.

Also -- no one knew what the Hero Killer's quirk was; they only had speculation.

>I have yet to see a group of pro heroes outnumber a powerful villain

But didn't you just see that recently in the anime?

>Or a Pro Hero Acting with some Experience

Are we watching the same show? All Might is constantly holding back the reigns on his power if he fights near allies/civilians because he's an experienced hero as opposed to someone like Deku.

Even Todoroki, the class prodigy, can get beat by Eraserhead in the right circumstance. [Picture attached]. Does this mean Eraserhead would stomp Stain in a 1v1? No, it doesn't. Because Like I said earlier, fights in this series don't boil down to "higher power, Lower Power" it boils down to circumstance like I said earlier. [Surprise, Numbers, Environment, Speed, Intel, Etc.]

>Iida whole vengeance things was uncalled for.
We are given plenty of reasons, he loved his brother, was his own role model, and his brother's hero career is ruined forever and most of all almost died

>But trying to take on the guy who kills pro hero daily while not being able to make it even to school tournament final is just stupid.
It's called anger. He had enough emotional motivation to go againts Stain. Yeah he was stupid if that's what you mean when you say it. But speaking about the plot, his actions were very consistent.

> Also his new boss noticing he is there for revenge and not being strict with him...
He was only a supervisor trying to lead him into the right path, he even gave him a lecture of not being stuck on vengeance, but there's only so much you can say to try and reach out for a person like Iida at the moment. Also the pro hero was busy trying to take care of the nomu problem

>Not to mention all the random powerups like midoriya outspeeding stain after just two days training

Stain has the speed of a human who's trained his entire life and Midoriya has decent speed accompanied by a low percentage of One for All

> good guys
> Bad guys
It's all grey, man. Only the winners get to decide who was in the right.

This Deku. Defense contractors aren't heroes. They're mercs who will fight for whoever pays the best.

>Not killing villains

>I have yet to see a group of pro heros outnumber a powerfull villain. Or a pro hero acting with some experience

Did you skip all the parts with the Nomu? There were a dozen heroes teaming up against them and still getting their assholes stretched.

I meant outnumber and beat a powerfull villain. Not be a cannon fodder...

Conservation of ninjutsu, my friend.

>animeonly
>HiatusxHiatusfag

BNHA wasn't supposed to have any depth, it's trash at the same level of attack on titan, naruto and or one piece.

If you want depth you should go for hunter x hunter or straight seinen.

Also -- no one knew what the Hero Killer's quirk was; they only had speculation.

So it took two kids to understand well how Stains power work but multiple wounded heroes couldn't see it.

>...experienced hero as opposed to someone like Deku

So it need experience to know not it is bad to endanger civilians? I meant some battle experience some tactics and so far only deku and probably one or two other students seams knowing how to use tactics in a battle. I mean seriously did you see how that group of heroes got destroyed by the two nomu? they couldn't even make a plan to save a hostage from them

>bones studio adaptation
>still thinking being superior by reading manga

sorry this isn't jojo or berserk

>it's a HxHfag makes another thread talking bad about a different series because he's too insecure to admit his series is boring as all hell and is only good for making fun of for it's ridiculously long hiatuses

BnH is not even close to as good as HxH is.

>dickmeasuring
How to let everyone see you're a newfag: a step by step guide.

Then whay are you fags constantly discussing other shows, instead of sticking to the perfection that is KurapikaxKurapika?

>perfection
not really but compared to most of trash shonen

yes

Maybe it is time for other shonen to stop having predictable shit/tropes and start getting better? Having a proper world building/serious intelligent character/ Dont have the mc at the center the screen always

So many good manga who will never get proper adaptation soon because great studios are too busy with generic stories.

But i hope i am wrong and that bnha becomes magically amazing

>leaaaast
I have nothing to add to the topic, i just wanted to say that i find it really weird that you repeated the (silent) 'a' and not the 'e'
'e' and 'a' in equal proportion would have been okay as well, but only 'a'? Weird...

>How to ruin a shonen with one battle
>Isn't anyone capable of writing a proper non generic shonen plot story other than togashi
Have you said "o my rubber nen"? I'm sure you've said "o my rubber nen".

bnha is not that bad as some people say, but it still have that small feeling that soemthing is missing. HxH with the kurapika arc is actually pretty god (except for the laaaaargges talking parts)

>He always scared about his image of number one hero.

Mostly because he sees himself as a powerful moral pillar that must always be seen as unbending and representative of everything good. He upholds himself to the highest standards because he believes that without a strong center society would collapse.

>implying togashi had a choice to kill hisoka without every hisoka fan and their mothers crying like babies and boycotting the manga .

At least he had the courage to make him lose.

You forget that Stain is only peak human with the ability to paralyze people while Deku can go beyond peak human strength, speed and agility with OfA.

It was more about "How the hell does Roy plan to eventually run a country when he's too damn impulsive?". They were questioning his capacity to not let his emotions get the better of him and to calmly bottle shit up.

>HxH
O

Fame is still fame. He have no clear reason to think so. He thinks that society peacefully can't exist without him and his quirk which is so selfish

peak human speed that beat a nomu and a pro hero with speed quirk (Iida big brother) without even trying

>letting your fans dictate your work
What a hack.

Ok, so what will he do if someone kills Hawkeye?

What if an official high up in a foreign country has her assassinated? Is he going to raze the country for vengeance?

>He have no clear reason to think so. He thinks that society peacefully can't exist without him and his quirk which is so selfish
Dumb ignorant anime only ESL retard, society was in a state of constant chaos with quirk using criminals before All Might showed up and ushered a new era of peace. He single handedly destroyed organized crime as a major entity. All that is left are small groups keeping their heads low because of All Might.

>beat a nomu and pro hero with a speed quirk without even trying
Nomu vary wildly in terms of capabilities and effectiveness, the strongest Nomu was the one that All Might took down and the others don't have the same powers as that one. We don't have any details of Iida's brother's fight so don't make conclusions based on nothing you retard.

He wasn't going to kill Stain, but putting himself and others at risk for a shot at revenge was shitty heroics. Doing whatever you want because your quirk allows to without any consideration for others is exactly what Stain was criticizing.

>He thinks that society peacefully can't exist without him and his quirk which is so selfis
It's not that the peaceful society can't exist, it's about weaker people knowing they can turn to someone when things go to shit. More people would follow villains out of greed or fear if they thought no one stood a chance to them.

It didn't have anything to do with the fans. Togashi couldn't give less of a fuck about the fans, otherwise he would get the damn assistants. Hisoka is his character pet, like Sasuke for Kishimoto. I'm honestly surprised he gave a clear win to other character over Hisoka, with all the arsenal Chrollo has it didn't make much sense for him to lose, and still he had to make Hisoka into rubber terminator in compensation. We all knew neither Chrollo or Hisoka would die in that fight, it was just a question of how would he bail out of giving the fight a proper result (glad he didn't bail out after all).

>Thanks for confirming that bnha is going to be generic as hell
Took you a while to confirm this

>HURRRRRRRR WHY IS PERSONAL VENDETTA NOT ALLOWED AND WHY DOES JUSTICE NEEDS A THIRD PARTY TO WORK
Seriously? You can't figure out why someone who'd dedicate his life to protect society and its order is beating himself up for succumbing to his personal feelings and throwing off that order? Not to mention the guy who's most passionate about upholding the rules? And that guy NOT turning into Sasuke (which in my personal opinion is the most generic take on vengeance btw, not this) is the reason BnHA is badly written?
I don't know what to say to you. You're just retarded. Sure we've seen that before, but that doesn't mean it's bad. There's a powerful irony in that it's the most straight laced guy who lost his way. Nothing wrong with the author not allowing his character to go through with his vengeance.

>hurr durr the story is better handled
>hurr durr sins knowledge so deep
>and so funny height jokes in tense situations ^^

>>and so funny height jokes in tense situations ^^
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>gets the exact thing he was complaining the series didn't have
>"it wasn't specific enough!"

MY

Bumping for hunter x best,
Boku no hero are good because of ships,characters and fights.
the writing it´s trash and generic.

The revenge wasn't important. The whole point of the whole fight was that the character was wrong when he was taking revenge. This was why the battle was short and he was crying afterwards.

sorry OP you'll understand that edge isn't good once you grow up

All shounen are generic.

It is terrible and currently has the most cancerous fanbase on Sup Forums. Visiting one of its generals is enough partially lobotomize you. As expected of capeshit. Not even superior japanese writing could salvage that turd.

The thread image was from after nomu fight. So i am obviously not lying.

> why someone who'd dedicate his life to protect society

the guy just wanted to be like his brother .

Oh wow i am retarded for criticizing some overused cliché

>Gets mad and don't listen to any advice about how revenge is bad

>Get rekt and villain say some smart one liner shit

>Omg he is right . He is going to kill me but his argument is valid . I am truly trash.

>rage and cry

>friends come to the rescue

>cry more

>friends help to beat the said villain

>cry more

Deep writing and amazing characters. I am certainly that is how stuff in real life. You just scream a smart line and you turn people mind 180 degree.

Hate hxh or love it . It handled revenge right. Kurapika calculated his odds.Tried to capture a spider member.When things got complicated he killed him with no regret. Later he begun questionning himself if it was worth it and if he focused in something better like retrieving his clan eyes. His friend tried to avoid having him kill more spiders but indirectly because it is stupid to reason someone who is decided on revenge just with few "deep" lines

Assasinats hawkeye and than try to assasinate roy ?

I am sure roy shouldn't try to send someone kill him ofc. He have just to shake hands with the guy and tell him to stop being a nasty boy

BNHA always was a genric battle shonen trash. Stop pretending it's never been the case

It's almost as if this is a show about HEROES.

>the guy just wanted to be like his brother
>mistaking the core motivation for the end goal
Yes, you are a retard.

>it handled revenge right
Fuck off, there isn't one way to handle it. While I do agree with Kurapika's revenge arc being more interesting, Horikoshi obviously didn't want to break Ida into a million pieces or make him a villain or an antihero. His goal thus far seems to be to raise all the kids into heroes, and what's wrong with that? Revenge is just a theme, and you're comparing a multi arc long character development in HxH with a single arc (and an extremely short one at that) in BnHA. Of course Kurapika's character arc is better, it's longer, more complex, and darker. But that doesn't mean Ida's character arc is shit. It's just not pertinent to compare them is all.

Anime is very idealistic with shit like this. Don't take it seriously when it comes to matters of revenge and the like.

>tfw Gon was the true enemy all along

Deku is literally superhuman, Stain is just a guy who trained really hard

>So it took two kids to understand well how Stains power work but multiple wounded heroes couldn't see it.
Yes, because the Heroes had no opportunities to observe Stein in action from an outside perspective for any length of time. He popped in, fucked them up them and ran away every time. Meanwhile, here there were 4 people in a single scene and several minutes worth of time for someone to figure the trick out both by experiencing it and seeing someone else get taken down by it.

poor user calling people retarded because they present arguments against his beloved anime.

>with a single arc (and an extremely short one at that)

That is my point why make such an arc if you dont want to go deep or make it interresting. Stains had such great introduction and the scenes with him fighting villains. It was weird to have him beaten so quickly for the sake of generic character development.
And btw the presence of todoroki and his father was such lame coincidence.Would it hurt to have todoroki have his own arc with his father without keeping deku always there?

I never said that bnha is shit. I said it is just a bit above average. It is animated by bones the one who made fmab and is having one of fastest popularity growth for a new shonen. Wouldn't be logical to expect it to have some high standards. Yes i didnt read the manga and i hope it gets better but so far it don't look going somewhere promising

>That is my point why make such an arc if you dont want to go deep or make it interresting
Who knows, every arc is short, not just this one. If you ask me, Horikoshi looks like he's intent on keeping every arc short and avoid that syndrome that infects almost every weekly action manga : arcs that last less than one day in universe but years irl. On one hand it allows for less depth, sure, but on the other hand, the audience doesn't get tired, the manga renews itself quicker, the story unfolds quicker, so even if you don't like an arc you can just wait for the next one instead of dropping the manga for a while like people who read One Piece sometimes do. Also it's very effective for world building.
Moreover Stain's arc was very likely just a pretext to give Shigaraki subordinates. It was never supposed to be long. Which is admittedly a shame, because a lot of interesting stuff in it ended up being under milked. And Stain himself ended up being so much more interesting than Tomura. But hey, what can you do. Hopefully that screentime spent raising Tomura as the next Ben Laden will pay off.

I don't think it wasn't that they didn't needed to kill Envy. But that Roy shouldn't do it, and much less torturing Envy like he was doing.

Leaders are supposed to be an example for the rest.

Implying shounen wasnt already shit

how about a vengeance story against one of the MCs?

I didn't get a "Revenge is bad" message from that fight, I got a "You fucking angsty faggot, learn to save this human before trying to take revenge" message. This is about the hero's journey, not nay kind of hero but a professional working hero, so this was important in that regard and not just there for a generic revenge plot. Keep your head cool and prioritize, kids, immoral heroes are why Stain is trying to murder you.

>HxH
You mean that thing I dropped?

Ive been net free for a year. I thought black cloverfags couldnt stand us. Did hxh become so unpopular that its the new black clover? What ever happened to black clover anyway?

So what's the appeal of Hero Academia? The characters are mostly likeable and the animation is good, but why do so many people watch this over other anime?

my hero academia is a shittier kinnikuman

It's execution of tropes

This thread reeks of secondaries.