Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H-W7xveVzUw).
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzAEwzUI8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Missing his arm

Anime was shit and low budget. Manga was superior in every regard.

>Main character sucks
>Forced drama
>childish humor
>generic end

>you're short
>what did you say
every. five. minutes. There is no tension is this piece of shit 0/10 show. Generic coming of age story with stupid themes and iconography.

Literally none. It begins and ends within a respectable amount of episodes and ends after they did what they set out to do which is why most shounen is cancer. That's why one piece and Naruto ended up being massive shit.

Not enough battles.

Can't agree more.

Good at all things, great at nothing.

Alchemy was really undeveloped too, Arakawa should take lesson from Hayashida. The fight were just plain boring and uninteresting.

Shit manga overall.

Slow down son. It might be flawed but it is very good compared to the average anime

It's not FMA original

>Less best girl Roze
>no cool movie like Shamalamb
>shit ending not bitter sweet and original like Shamalamb

> LOL WHY U SO SHORT
> WHY YOU CALL ME SHORT I MAD

A little too much protagonist and hero cast plot armor. There too many times when someone's in a deadly situation a they get saved somehow.

Plus Lust the most interesting Homunculus next to Wrath and Pride got killed off way too early and way too easy. And too complete retards like Gluttony & Sloth last near the end. That's bullshit.

I've never seen brotherhood, is there even a difference between it and the original?

It's inferior to 2003.
Shitty pacing for the first 13 episodes, loses focus on the more interesting religious elements, generic shounen ending.

yes

Dante > Rose

and that would be?

The ending was shit.

More or less this.

I fapped to Winry a lot.

The humor got really annoying after a while, especially with those poorly-timed chibi moments in the middle of serious scenes and the gag about Ed being short.

FMA 2003 also had this, but at least it started to happen less frequently as the story progressed.

It sticks closer to the manga than the original, the animations a little less dynamic but it makes up for it with the story being tighter. Think of it like old DBZ vs kai

I feel like flanderization killed a lot of my love for some of the characters in brotherhood. Maes Hughs went from a serious,skilled soldier who has a REALLY big soft spot for his wife(in the original), to "Hey did you see this picture of my wife"man in Brotherhood.

Completely different story starting from when Greed shows up

I vaguely remember jacking off to Envy's death.

Nothing. Manga is Pure Perfection

Written by a woman.

I feel so dirty now

Ed's character development is vastly superior in the 2003 version.

On the other hand, Al is a much better character in Brotherhood.

while I like the story from the the newer anime that follos the manga closely I think its musical direction is nowhere near as good as the 2003 anime.
wish we could have both.

The way to kill Homunculi in 2003 was more interesting. It sorta felt like a vampire hunter story where you had to gather very specific objects to weaken them.

I hated the ending.

Didn't care for the military setting, but that's probably more personal taste.

Overall, not even in my top 10 for shonen action adventure series.

>boring art style
>too much melodrama
>weak ending
>time skip after big bad and still didn't bang Winry?
Ridiculous
>vague fighting mechanics
>annoying humor

>shipperfag
opinion invalidated

>It sorta felt like a vampire hunter story
That's exactly the reason I don't like it, actually. Kind of abandons the scientific principles of the story in favor of supernatural bs.

boring shounenshit

Can't.

He had a child with Winry

>alchemy
>scientific only
user...

Not as good as 03 and filled with too much shonen humor/tropes.

selim

The story diverges half-way through. Completely different final villain, different origins of everything like the homonculi.

>didn't bang Winry

Whose kids are these then?

Al's

Al looks better anyway and doesn't have the manlet genes

I knew he just wanted his body back to bang Winry while Ed is out, that backstabbing prick

find the diference

This joke was used at least once or twice an episode for the first ten episodes.

I hope they retcon this with tri, yamato is a faggato and he doesn't deserve sora

I love 2003 version as well, but Shambala sucked ass and you know it.

Kill yourself, better than the shit movie brotherhood had. And Blind Roy is better than OH LETS USE THE STONE, ITS TOTALLY OKAY.

Homunculi were better in 03 in general. They were actually artificial humans like in actual alchemical legend. In brotherhood they were more like sentient parasitic philosopher stones and the only actual thing that could be callled a homunculus was Father.

>OH LETS USE THE STONE, ITS TOTALLY OKAY
He did the same thing in Brotherhood, with the condition that first they cured Havoc's legs.

I was talking about brotherhood, not 2003 Roy.

Naruto isn't bad because it's long. That's retarded. It's bad because the writing is bad. And still being twice as long as the average two cour seasonal anime doesn't somehow make Brotherhood better.

2003 did it better.

Requires first series to fully appreciate
- Starts off with shitty filler episode, shit had me convinced Edward and Al were trainee cops and that Bradley. I wrote a solid 400 ish words on how much that episode sucks arse relatively to the rest of the show; will post after mb
- Maes Hughes isn't developed anywhere near enough for me to care much when he died
- backstory is compressed into half of episode 2, has little impact
- episode 3 is a rushed version of FMA 2003 episodes 1-2, which were basically perfect
- MC develops, but is never likeable throughout the show.
- Subbed version has no interesting voices for each character and Ed's voice is like nails on chalkboard sometimes; dub is fucking great and has unbeatable voices for Bradley, Lust, Roy, Risa, Pride, Winry, Alex, and Olivier, but fuck me Vic Mignogna is not a convincing teenager; Todd Haberkorn and Monica Rial as Ling and May can fuck right off too. Ruined both characters for me.
- Ishval backstory was insanely rushed and could have been its own arc.
- Climax is great, but the whole "becoming god" thing lasted like a minute. Fucking wat? Not even a battle against GodFather?
- GIVE AL MORE SCREENTIME PLS
- chimera characters were forgettable and boring
- OST repeats the same one fucking track every episode that is seemingly designed to distract from the scene (youtu.be/H-W7xveVzUw). Legtimately the most misused OST track I've heard
- Lastly, the combat is pretty shit. No music ever gets you pumped for a fight, and all fight moves involving the Elrics come down to "EARTHBEND IN THIS DIRECTION! EARTHBEND IN THIS DIRECTION!". Roy is the worst for this; literally has one move that kills anything given enough time. Riza never got any proper gunfights, Alex maybe got 2 good fistfight? Fucking come on, this animation style was ripped straight from Sword of the Stranger, this is the best they could do? Bones is better than this.

/rant

solid 9/10 show tho, love the story and has great characters overall

That Tai and his sister committed Incest?

I don't know why people like this. Even fairy tail is a better shounen.

I also really like how in 2003 version Human Transmutation was extremely difficult but doable, and they're actively looking for a way to try it again with the plus of a Philosopher Stone, fake or not, to the point where in 2 instances Ed almost goes through it only to be stopped or someone else doing it. In Brotherhood the failed abortion of thier mother just goes and dies offscreen, they've already dealt emotionally with it and keep the last 2/3 of story chasing homunculis and saving glorius fantasy Germany.
Or how the door is basically in automatic, so the process it's dangerously random (granted, that "real world beyond the door" thing was complete bullshit)

This at least had an ending, and a decent one at that.
Go watch your One Piece-tier bullshit

It was good. Some fights were pretty cool like Scar vs Wrath.

But for some reason, I unironically prefered the 2003 anime. I still don't really know why. It's just that they didn't developped the same events or characters as Brotherhood. Some liberties they took were kindda nice, I liked that Roy was the one who killed Winry's parents, or the bigger role of Martel in the plot somehow

Fairy Tail is a basic bitch cookie cutter recipe shounen. Hiro Mashima went from a while standard shounen with Rave Master, completely went backwards and just made a terrible one.

Literally nothing is worse than fairy tail in terms of plot.

Sword Art Online?

I've never seen it, mainly because it's the worst example of using an MMO setting to just get relatable Japanese highschoolers into a fantasy setting.

Fairy Tail is notorious for basically killing the point of any and everything that happens in the series by having it all be a big misunderstanding. It starts out with decent Shonen build up and then for some reason ruins everything after the Tower of Heaven arc.

Despite using the same formula every arc, the first half had pretty good moments

Fairy tail is worse.

The writing is shit BECAUSE they had to accomodate for it being so fucking long.

Kishi is a bad writer but is pro at setting. The ninja world, the powers, he really excels at that sort of autism. He just can't do characters which is why the people who have taken control have done a better job with characters.

Roy didnt bang Riza.

that was only possible due to hohenheim though. he's the true hero

Technically, he won. He just didn't count on Hohenheim's asspull to counter his own transmutation circle.

>No. But there are people around him who are more interesting
>It's worse in the original FMA
>Matter of opinion
>There's only so many ways a series can end. Either happy, sad, or bittersweet.

>Raped Rose best girl
Why?
>Shamballa

It sucked. Antagonist sucked. The whole portal to the real world is stupid. There's so much going on in the movie that it feels like nothing actually happened, if that makes sense. Hoenhiem and Envy are just basically thrown away. Al gets his memories back... because. Oh, and the worst is the intro. They spend 15 minutes reintroducing Ed and Al to us. WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE. THAT'S WHY WE'RE WATCHING THE MOVIE TO END THE SERIES. Real world Al isn't shown enough before he dies. The atomic bomb was developed in Amestris, which ruins the real world comparison between it and the Philosopher's stone. Gluttony's transformation isn't explained. Etc.

Only thing good abour Shamballa is Bradley's character. Forgot his name. Real world director. And I guess Hughes isn't bad. Shows a distinction between the two worlds.

Early parts of the anime were rushed. Didn't care for how the first Greed's arc was changed from the manga.

In general the homunculus were less interesting characters and had a more boring concept than the ones from the first anime. The only homunculus who was a better character in the manga/Brotherhood was Bradley. Sloth just felt lazy and was never utilized well and seemed like Arakawa ran out of ideas. Kimblee's death was anti-climactic even with his "reappearance" later. Same with Bradley's final fights and death.

???

Gluttony and Sloth die before Wrath and Pride.

He literally has a huge picture of his daughter in the middle of the arena where Mustang and Ed fight. He's the same person in both.

03 fags are the worst.

Actually how come Lust was the only one who died early on. All the others lasted until the final arc or very end of the manga.

>First half

Define half? It went to complete shit after the Tower of Heaven Arc. The writer was shaping up a generic magic world but that's fine since what can you expect? He established giant demons made by a dark wizard and that every dragon slayer introduced had their dragon parent mysteriously vanish. We get to the tower of heaven and there was enough build up for the Zeref to get people hyped.

Jellal gets wrecked, then they move on to the Nirvana arc but right here is where the quality dips.

They start introducing all these characters that are associated with Erza through the tower of heaven yet the build up is for nothing. We get to Edolas and the writing is terrible, a confusing mess of bullshit and constant "plot twists" that are unrewarding and meaningless just to establish that the entire reason Dragon Slayers' have cats is that it's all by coincidence even though the arc tries to trick you into believing it isn't for no apparent reason. Also Edolas brings a character back from the dead for no reason even though they waste time establishing the presumed dead character.

You basically realize that after Tower of Heaven the arcs are meaningless and low quality. The binding trope of having new characters all go back to the tower of heaven arc is utterly destroyed when its revealed later on hat Zeref is alive and a cursed man rather than an evil wizard. Jellal goes from tragic childhood friend turned villian into Erza's husbando and the whole tower of heaven of arc is made pointless.
Think about how shit all those characters lives are? They were enslaved to bring a man back from the dead who never died, from a cult group that was misinformed? Fuck Zeref is later made an incredibly active man anyway, controlling an empire and other shit.

It's just a mess of retardation and the worse thing is there isn't even a villain in the series, Zeref is neutral. The closest is Agnolia and he's just a figment of the shitty dragon-slayer side story.

>Anti-human transmutation circle
Will never make sense.

To show that they could be killed once their stone runs out of power. But really Brotherhood homunculi are all shit anyway. Bradley is decent and Salem is ok but otherwise most are shit.

>Bradley ripping everyone a new one
>anti-climatic

Wat

We have our hopes in it

His eye getting cut out and just fighting Scar alone was disappointing to me.

It doesn't have this song
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzAEwzUI8k
The openings and endings are inferior to the original

Your opinion, but I think most people believe that's the best fight in the series.

>manlet genes
Did you even watch FMA? He's short because of the transmutation failure, not because of genes. He's about the same size as Al both before Al loses his body and after he gets it back.

I don't get why people like Brotherhood Bradley so much. Is it "Our fuhrer is a badass swordsmen" meme?

He was fine not being as combat-adapted in the original because he was supposed to be an infiltrator like Envy.

Also his whole super-soldier origin story while interesting also breaks the rules. In Brotherhood homunculi are sentient philosopher stones imbued with a piece of Father's personality. When they enter a host they take over as shown with Greed, unless like Greed circumstances allow you to retain individuality among the mass of souls.

The origin story instead implies Wrath was never taken over by Father's parasitic stone but just accepted its power.

Well there wasn't really much to 03's Bradley. Brotherhood Bradley still had a more developed character, even if it those "hints" that he might legitimately love his wife, etc. didn't really go anywhere.

Not really a hint when he outright says it as he's dying

>Yep, alph and edward are pretty boring characters
>FMA being worst dosnt make any better FMAB
>Its was pretty childish when i saw it at the age of 12
>Yeah, they are many ways it could end, but it was just BORING.
This anime was just a little bit above of an average anime.

Milos is the only FMA anime worth watching.