Duke's Daughter

So, I finally read this web novel. Why are female isekai protagonists so superior to male isekai protagonists ? How can male isekai protagonists even hope to compete ?
novelupdates.com/series/common-sense-of-a-dukes-daughter/

Other urls found in this thread:

parahumans.wordpress.com/
novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-tensei-dakedo-doushite-kou-natta/
novelupdates.com/series/an-otome-games-burikko-villainess-turned-into-a-magic-otaku/
novelupdates.com/series/by-a-slight-mistake/
novelupdates.com/series/demon-girl-tale-of-a-lax-demon/
novelupdates.com/series/drop ~a-tale-of-the-fragrance-princess~/
novelupdates.com/series/haunted-dukes-daughter/
novelupdates.com/series/i-am-the-newly-born-woman-of-around-thirty/
novelupdates.com/series/i-decided-to-not-compete-and-quietly-create-dolls-instead/
novelupdates.com/series/i-dont-want-to-die-in-an-otome-game/
novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-an-otome-game-as-a-villainess-with-only-destruction-flags/
novelupdates.com/series/it-seems-like-i-got-reincarnated-into-the-world-of-a-yandere-otome-game/
novelupdates.com/series/kenkyo-kenjitsu-o-motto-ni-ikite-orimasu/
novelupdates.com/series/lady-rose-wants-to-be-a-commoner/
novelupdates.com/series/my-sister-the-heroine-and-i-the-villainess/
novelupdates.com/series/tensei-shitanode-tsugi-koso-wa-shiawasena-jinsei-wo-tsukande-misemashou/
novelupdates.com/series/observation-record-of-a-self-proclaimed-villainess-fiance/
mediafire.com/file/hbdn6kzc64ur81h/The_Girl_Who_Ate_Death_-_Nanasawa_Matari.epub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let me guess. She gets hit by a truck at the first page?

>Why are female isekai protagonists so superior to male isekai protagonists
Nothing new.

Have you read kenkyo kenjitsu?

It's a pretty fun read.

Also, light novel recommendation i guess.

Is there anything like legendary moonlight sculptor or yahari?

In the world of light novels car or truck related accidents are the ultimate deus ex machina lel.

just wait when shark accidents transport people into different worlds, or food poisoning.

Because Male isekai gnerally follows the train of thought of "Grind forever until you are OP with your cheat" "buy slaves to make a harem because women won't noticce me unless I literally own them" or "Stand in presense of female. Female proceeds to suck dick"

Female Mcs though tend to always be otome game villian self inserts though

>Koushaku Reijou
It's the same shit. If you think that thing is relatively better then you need to read some more. It's just another one of those "I bring modern knowledge into medieval/ancient world" wank.
Isekai is saturated mess, and the only way to stand out is to be as weird as possible nowadays. The lack of gatekeepers in the form of novel editors like in the previous "battle harem LN" fad accelerates this burnout of the isekai fad.

It just says "died by an accident". But, the thing she is a 30 year old businesswoman, who uses her brains to play politics since she does not have any cheat ability. Although, she is reincarnated as the villainess of an otome game, the game has already ended and she will have to receive her punishment. But, instead of redemption the protagonists and antagonists will now switch their roles. Also, she actually fused with her reincarnated self, so she carries all of her memories and emotions

>The lack of gatekeepers in the form of novel editors

Dont they have editors in their native countries like japan and korea? Manga artists have them too, or are most light novels and web novels made from one person and they just go along with the story or what?

What annoys me is this understatement of the past - like, you just have to show up and then you will create a new golden era of technology when it took the brightest minds of humanity hundreds of years.

Most isekai LNs are just printed versions of web novels written by amateurs. Some change when going from WN to LN but most are exactly the same.

Webnovels are unique in the way that writers can write whatever the fuck they want. Of course their work will be checked by editors if a publisher picks it up, but the massive load of isekai trash on sites like syosetu and kakuyomu (and the fact that people are actually enjoying them) means that the editors can only do damage limitations.

That's too bad, there are some that would be pretty good with someone at the helm. What about the more professional, licenced ones, i guess they do have a process?

Also, i wonder why web novels never had a boom in the west, it could be interesting to read a western based web novel.

>Duke's Daughter
It kinda irked me that she got childhood friends-cum-slaves out of nowhere in early chapters. And (surprisingly!) they're all capable and well up to the tasks she gives them – who would have thought?!

Why do these shitty hacks always feel the need to make it shitty video game world?

>DUDE VIDEO GAMES LMAO

>western based web novel.
I never got into it, but Worm was a pretty big deal on /tg/ (and possibly Sup Forums, given the subject matter) back in the day.
parahumans.wordpress.com/

But she didnt create a new era of technology. Its more about business and technology and playing politics, since medieval era as also very weak in that area.

*was

I think escapism is a big theme these days. That market (Japan, Korea) loves fantasy in general, but the game "idea" is an attempt to refresh a tired genre of pure fantasy i guess? I guess lotr style worlds are kinda stale these days.

I bet she will start with some basic ideas like gunpowder in the future, and the people in her province will be the happiest and absolutely loyal while she collects the best characters to work for her.

Hopefully not, but i think there is a chance for it to happen.

Yeah, DD isn't exactly "good", it's feelgood food for when you're bored and need a hamfisted revenge story.

Although, she is reincarnated as the villainess of an otome game, the game has already ended and she will have to receive her punishment.
Holy shit, these two shouldn't be SO similar. The heck is this, both of them even wear white gloves.

It's a whole fucking genre, I have like twenty of them on my reading list.

> I have like twenty of them on my reading list.

Post some good ones then, i am interested in some reading.

I get the escapism bit but my stomach turns every time I hear some shit about 'stats' or 'grinding' or see generic pig monsters. Can't they invent something else? More creative than a stereotypical JRPG setting.

Well, in Otome Domain she was reincarnated few years before the game even started, here it has already ended. Plus this is not a reverse harem, its romance. Also, in DD the protagonists of the game are now antagonists.

In DD she created a bank and made some economic reforms.

novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-tensei-dakedo-doushite-kou-natta/
novelupdates.com/series/an-otome-games-burikko-villainess-turned-into-a-magic-otaku/
novelupdates.com/series/by-a-slight-mistake/
novelupdates.com/series/demon-girl-tale-of-a-lax-demon/
novelupdates.com/series/drop ~a-tale-of-the-fragrance-princess~/
novelupdates.com/series/haunted-dukes-daughter/
novelupdates.com/series/i-am-the-newly-born-woman-of-around-thirty/
novelupdates.com/series/i-decided-to-not-compete-and-quietly-create-dolls-instead/
novelupdates.com/series/i-dont-want-to-die-in-an-otome-game/
novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-an-otome-game-as-a-villainess-with-only-destruction-flags/
novelupdates.com/series/it-seems-like-i-got-reincarnated-into-the-world-of-a-yandere-otome-game/
novelupdates.com/series/kenkyo-kenjitsu-o-motto-ni-ikite-orimasu/
novelupdates.com/series/lady-rose-wants-to-be-a-commoner/
novelupdates.com/series/my-sister-the-heroine-and-i-the-villainess/
novelupdates.com/series/tensei-shitanode-tsugi-koso-wa-shiawasena-jinsei-wo-tsukande-misemashou/

>kenkyo kenjitsu
Still waiting for book release.

yeah, you really see that asian ethos of "hard work will rival the gods" lel, and for some reason the obsession with numbers and amount of skills gets an almost erotic connotations lel.

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor was ridicoulous with this, but in defence it actually WAS just a game, not a new world.

For me, the big problem in immersion these days are the constant female characters getting thrown at the protag, there should be a toned down character like gatsu just being a merc, or a hero, and that's it, walking around the desert surviving with skills, in a setting a little more oppressive, without scantily clad lolitas...

In a way, i think it is proof that even in a fantasy setting, no one would want to relinquish the good sides of the modern age.
Thanks, man.

IRISU-SAMA SUGOI
Too bad translations sorta stopped.

Yeah I'm talking about quite a few other iseki series, not that one in particular since I've never read any of it. I'm just mad is all.

You're expecting too much from amateurs. It's like going to deviant art and complaining about how all the art is shit. Anyone can post on these sites so expecting to find quality work is retarded.

I need more Reika in my life, thank fuck Estelion went back to work on it again.

It really is a nice, chilled story, without the necessary drama, with some hilarious parts. Youkoso jitsuryoku is also not bad, but the book is much better than anime as far as i am concerned.

Hopefully, kenkyo will update soon...

oops I meant "business and economics"

What happened with yahari, is volume 13 coming along or what? The anime ended on a cliffhanger...

Toplightnovels has it at chapter 150, go there and check it out, maybe you missed some parts?

But yeah, Reika is a breath of fresh air, ESPECIALLY when she punched Enjou, FUCK that was pleasing as hell.

Except Duke's Daughter is just as retarded as any of the male isekai stories. Everything works out for Iris even when it has no reason to. She instituted basically mandatory education for kids in a medieval period and there was no problems at all with her doing it.

That's fucking impossible.

The problem is the idea of those institutions didnt exist in medieval world, so she quickly became popular by introducing a few reforms.

Yeah, in actual medieval period the issue was not just a king's statute but a lack of technology so there were professional scribes all the way up to the invention of the printing press, it really was a revolutionary thing.

An average book would be rewritten for YEARS, so it would take, say, a decade for an entire country, with a team of scribes... maybe even longer.

>novelupdates.com/series/demon-girl-tale-of-a-lax-demon/
Isn't an otome game villlainess story.

>novelupdates.com/series/i-decided-to-not-compete-and-quietly-create-dolls-instead/
That along with this one are my favorites off that list though.

Is this not what Otome games have been doing for year

I'm not talking about reforms, mandatory education was an impossibility back then. Farm work and other labor relied on the kids helping the family. They were an extremely valuable element of the work force. You can't just all of a sudden take that away and be a-ok.

Except in Duke's Daughter it did because can't have anything go wrong for Iris. Let's not even get into how incompetent every single villain is, especially the long time politicians and corrupt church higher ups.

Lax Demon might as well be one.

I don't think so at all. There's none of the otome game villlainess elements at all unless you stretch things.

>Reverse Harem
This is even worse than the usual harem. I don't mind a female protagonist having a crush on some guy, but when it gets to the point where she's surrounded by "hot" guys, it's fucking cringy.

And males who reincarnate into females tend to be OP Queen-types, I've noticed.

I'll add this one to the list. It's an otome game reincarnation story, except told from the viewpoint of the fiance of the villainess, the Prince.

novelupdates.com/series/observation-record-of-a-self-proclaimed-villainess-fiance/

I wish there were more female action heroes that dont care about romance or at least tone it down and just explore and fight, like calamity jane or lara croft. My dream would be some type of merc in the desert, a greedy woman for cash that accepts crappy jobs and gets into trouble all the time, something like triggun i guess.

Or, her dream would be to marry rich but all the "princes" are creepy sleaze-balls... That way, all the harem situations would be interesting because the guys think they are hot but the heroine is repulsed yet tries to rationalize it.

well they have the MC surrounded by 2 humans (one blood relative), 4 demon servants and the black beast, all wanting her for himselves don't counting mephisto who already had his way in her dreams

Nanasawa's stuff is basically that. Schera's only lover are potatos.

>second serve is lost forever
why, WHY??

I don't see how a princess having an entourage is an otome villainess girl trait? Only one of the demon servants want to monopolize her and it's a girl. The fact that her cousin, the second prince has feelings for her isn't that crazy either. The hero kid is even more understandable given his circumstances.

It's more just a normal reincarnation story with an OP female protagonist, except with the twist that she's inhuman and accepts her inhuman side.

Hmmm, seems quite interesting, guess i will have to read it.

Have a mediafire so you don't have to fight with the translator's site.
mediafire.com/file/hbdn6kzc64ur81h/The_Girl_Who_Ate_Death_-_Nanasawa_Matari.epub

Because it's the easiest way for them to write an isekai without putting in any actual effort.

They just make it a video game world and then have the MC start grinding instead of putting any effort into normal progression. It also never gets called out because the people who read isekai are usually self-inserting escapist nerds that love the idea that they get some cheat skill and get stronger by just killing a few enemies and not having to work out, train, etc etc

Does that have the full last chapter that the translator deleted?

Do you complain about horror in horror or comedy in comedy?

Should be.

Thanks man, appreciated.

But man, is it getting hard to find a good series! Most light novels are a diamond in the rough so i constantly scour for new ones but as you said, sometimes translations end up being strange gibberish.

She is pretty much a player playing Guild 2 or CK 2 and whooping the computer players.

To be honest, that is where most of us start. But as you read you crave something similar yet different, but unfortunately that is the most popular genre right now. Even the good LN's take too long so in the wait you keep searching, but yeah, as you mature out of them, you feel like in a wasteland while the crappy ones keep increasing.

>Princes are creepy sleazeballs

You must be underestimating trashy otome games to think that being surrpunded by handsome creeps or charmless jerks is a novel idea.

I wish someone would upload the illustrations of it.

I just wait until they make an invalid prince with silver hair that has a "gentle look" hahahaha.

Making disabilities the new hot thing!

>anime never
>manga never
>hell even LN never

feels bad

Really of all the LNs I want this to get an anime the most.

Well hasn't the story been on hiatus forever? It's kind of understandable no publisher wants to touch it when the author hasn't actually been actively working on it in ages.

Wish Burriko had more chapters translated MC and Jack are such a cute couple and I really enjoy commie heroine.

Do they even get manga adaptations? The only "shoujo" novel adaptation I found was about that hero who got taste and proposed to the maid instead of the princess.

Monkey Ojou and DD got manga

The yandere isekai hero one?

The best.

Duke's Daughter has a manga. There's the cleaning girl one too. Also the one with the girl being the maid / mother for the head magic user and his adopted daughter.

that's most females reaction when looking at regular harem.

I thought that series was already finished

Pretty sure the author is off hiatus now.

What is with the figure 8 one?

Or the right angle one?

292 chapters and ongoing.

nah, wataba-chan finally appeared, and she met with reika at a festival and that's it for now. Kaburagi hit wataba with a car and that's how they met lel.

Hopefully, hiatus will end. Fuck, this always happens - the creator overworks himself, gets fed up, then has a three year hiatus. That's not a hiatus, that is a goddamn dry spell and a possible end of interest for the fans.

>292 chapters

WHERE? I only read up to 160 link pleaseeeee i want to reaad

Though half relevant to the thread

>MC is reincarnated to the body of a guy AND a girl
>novel does jackshit with the premise and it might as well just be a story of two different people.

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?

Yes, that's the one.
>isekai
Wait what?

Great.

Because being capable of thinking up a idea does not equal being able to actually put it into writing.

I figured he must be an isekai hero seen from the maid's point of view as he was so perfect.

The destruction flag otome manga was supposed to come out this month right?

>Ctrl+F Lilianne
>0 results
Everytime

>trace back image

Reika-sama is not for lewding

Lilianne isn't really a shoujo story though.

so

anyone reading Chinese novels with female MCs?

I wish the translations weren't fucking dead. Also reading Chongfei Manual.

Why do you type like a fucking faggot?

>kenkyo
But I don't want another monogatari.

Are we reading the same thing because that novel is absolute garbage.
>rival girl and her reverse harem are all drooling retards, especially the prince
>main girl apparently has a bunch of ultra loyal, ultra capable servants despite being the so called villainess because she's actually a nice girl all along
>MC's group can do no wrong, and whoever opposes them are treated as evil, stupid or both
>all of her "reforms" basically boils down to giving out the barebones ideas to her ultra capable servants and then tell them to finish the rest without going into the details of how it would be achieved other than "she's working hard".

Currently only reading The Good for Nothing Seventh Young Lady. Mostly because thief MC is better than the usually murderhobo ones.

just wish the chapters weren't short as hell

They would be good if the names werent so weird

>Princess Weng Qi Xian has a destiny...

yeah princess, sure.

>Every Villainess Otomege Reincarnation ever
>Every Knowledge Cheat ever
Sounds about right

Because i am the MC and the world turned gay or something?

Which chinese ones that are translated are worth reading?

Pretty much none of them.

does he fuck himself atleast?

And I thought the sudden cast introduction was due to sloppy manga adaption.

chink shit isn't worth reading

Selfcest is best cest