What does Sup Forums think of Utena?

What does Sup Forums think of Utena?

Is it a complex, compelling shoujo meant for a younger audience to watch and then come back to as adults to fully appreciate?

Or is it pretentious teen angst with fancy progressive symbolism?

It's the story of the alpha harem protagonist that so many anons have been asking for for years, who adds one more girl to his harem only for her to fuck up everything.

too good to post on Sup Forums, delete this thread

Stupid teen drama full of one-note characters and cliches. You think THIS is deep? You must be nuts. Get out of my face.

depends who you ask
/r9k/ robots think akio is the real protaganist and did nothing wrong.
/u/ thinks it's amazing and one of the best yuri works
Sup Forums thinks it's homosexual interracial propganda to get white women to leave men and form families with indian women.
/y/ gets butthurt that it was yaoibait until the end
purityfags cry endlessly about the time akio date raped utena (or just fucked her, depending on your perspective which people still argue endlessly about)
waifufag brainlets cling to "hurr hurr pretentious 2deep5me! ikuhara sticks his dick in a symbolism flesghlight"
chill Sup Forums people ask questions to understand more and discuss its themes
it's basically evangelion but shoujo,so the threads go about the same as the evangelion threads, just without the waifu wars

there, you can close the thread now, those are all reactions.

>EVA minus waifu warz

Yeah, basically. Its weird because most of the cast is made up of women. I guess none of them are really waifu material.

>pretentious
Stopped reading right there.
Why do you bait so hard OP?

Juri is my wife.

yes, but they're all most lesbians, bisexuals, or women who actually want to have sex... which for most of Sup Forums completely destroys their appeal as waifus.
treat her nicely shiori

>chill
>Sup Forums
Pick one

I want to literally fertilize Nanami's egg, if you know what I mean.

not everyone on Sup Forums is an angry, bipolar autistic manbaby gone off their meds

Obviously, but we're talking about how it comes off as a whole. Granted I only really go to the media-centric boards, but Sup Forums is easily the one with the most easily hostile, irritable, nervous and angry people.

user was talking about threads on Sup Forums and associating different opinions with different boards.

It's a shame really.

Utena has some top-tier waifu material, most notably Utena herself.

can't pretend like certain attitudes don't leak over from other boards. It's why Sup Forums doesn't work as containment. Not very board is going to exist on its own. That said Sup Forums isn't half the shitshow that Sup Forums is

Shiori can't treat anything nicely.

Neither also kill yourself for typing this.

>There are people who hate her episodes

utena is truly the evangelion of the madoka genre

be a nice boy and tip it for me

Utena fucked a darkie

Penguindrum > Utena > Gaybears

All are 8+/10, though.

The darkie was the one doing the fucking

Dropped

Watching the webm of Utena losing it to Akio really shook me the fuck up, and I'm not entirely sure why.

sandwich

Childhood is thinking Akio was a villain
Adulthood is realizing that Anthy was the antagonist
Accession is realizing that the true villain is that punkass Dios

Akio is an uncomfortable guy to be around.

Does she deserve a second chance?

Smut trash and sjw and beta power fantasy.

>hating dios
get a load of this bitch ass nigga

Sup Forums
purityfag
purity fag & Sup Forums
purity fag
shitpost
shitpost
waifufag
waifufag

see, i was right.

Wasn't Dios just a brown boy version of Utena?

> fancy progressive symbolism

What could they possibly have meant with those crazed barnyard animals rampaging through the corridors of a high school? It really is beyond me Sup Forums

who /wantstorideutena/ here?

I just want to hug her, Akio.

It's half actual symbolism and half visual gags mixed together.

Dios was a bitch ass nigga and you know it. Fucking fruity tea sipping shit who thought way too highly of himself. Calling himself a prince when really he was just an arrogant playboy that let his sister become a witch.

It's a damn good series that's been long overdue its classic status.

But I shall say that Penguindrum and Yurikuma deserve more love.

>watching the musical
now... that was really an experience

it is a classic, no matter what newfags say

No, being friends is enough
I'd like to liberate Anthy, because she looks another girl I like. And because she has a thousand year-long sex experience and stays forever young

Right? I can't believe it's an actual thing that exists.

In that case I should think that Kozue would be at least somewhat popular among Sup Forums.

shut the fuck up