Architecture Thread

Lets have a serious discussion this time. How do we fix art and architecture?
If Architects don't want to copy former styles, then why don't they develop a new one. A new one hat isn't cancer, like blobthitecture or whatever the fuck it is, deconstructivism, high-tech architecture, etc.?

the only way is for our guys to actually build shit. As a related question what do you goyim think about the Trump Tower?

hungary doesn't deserve to have that building

It's shit.
Just because it has Trump's name on it, it won't turn into an architectural marvel. It's an awfully generic skyscraper, the only thing that makes it interesting is the black glass.
Pic related is pretty much a mini Trump tower.

jeffersonian architecture is pretty sexy but somehow I feel like at the time, it was considered extremely pleb due to the highly basic shapes and simplified structures.

u mad?
Too bad it's kind of forgotten, even though it looks so epic. Even the English Wikipedia article barely has any info about the building, even though it has quite a history

les espaces d'abraxas

>The last traditional architectural style was Stalinism
ironic

Thoughts on USSR architecture?

Mayan Revival also has some potential in my opinion.

Last traditional architectural style. A comfy mixture of Art Deco and Classicism

Though it also has a little Neo-Gothic vibe

Wish Stalin had built more of those

Actually, there is a No-Stalinist movement in Russia.

I mean Neo

Angola has better architecture than modern Europe.
ffs.

Not bad, but still looks a bit too... I don't know, like they are trying to copy something good, but fail to get the "soul" of the style.

I know, it's probably because of the brown glass, or whatever that is on the facade.

Are you the same Hungarian guy that made an architecture thread some weeks/days ago ? Damn I love those thread, so many beautiful photos.

Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago is pretty nice

Full of glass shit. Anyway it's hard to make beautiful skyscrapers that aren't modernist shit. Maybe you have some example of beautiful skyscrapers OP ?

Yeah, too bad I usually get banned it.
It's good to have a refugee thread from the BBC posting

Why do I get the feeling these are fap threads for Hungarians?

most of the ones in the bottom are postmodernist architecture.

>tfw too smart to fap to woman, so you fap to architecture instead.

amazing it's still in such good shape. modern concrete wouldn't last half as long.

the interior has had some updates but it's still amazing

True.
Early modernism was awfully plain, but at least it didn't give you eye cancer.
This one is from the late 30s

This is not a feels; Architecture Edition thread.

Oh my god no please stop I'm gonna cry

This. Modernism retaining classical proportions is not eye rape.

Does this cheer you up?

Yes. Attached picture is my hometown.

In five years its gonna be concrete boxes filled with Muzzies niggers and whores.

The Zocalo in Mexico City is pretty amazing. The rest of the city is absolutely fucked however. Mexico in General has a couple of really nice places though

How the fuck did leafs get so tasteful
Unrelated but I personally like the old LA architecture

I have no mouth but must scream.

what is this? faggotland?

In all liklihood those are old Britfag buildings. But modern leafs can't build shit.

I think architecture has fared better than art. Postmodern art is absolute decadent, degenerate garbage. At least modern and neofuturist architecture takes talent.

I'm jealous, we never really developed our own house styles.

Architectural engineer here. I do building envelope consulting, and testing. Everyone admires old mass masonry wall type buildings, and they last forever. Then when cavity walls were being developed, they sucked shit for 40 years. EVERY FUCKING BUILDING almost between 70-90s is a piece of shit that needs to be reskinned. The modern skin is gypsum sheathing or CMU block, weather barrier, insulation, then cladding. Cladding can be many things, but ornament has been completely lost in exchange for minimalism and cubism.
Masonry is either brick or large stone, without much fancy coursing or ornamental blocks. Metal shingles and panels look like shit and perform poorly. Then you have the modern curtainwall. Wood has been replaced in Windows by aluminum. Hopefully not for long, may be able to move back towards vinyl loaded with steel.

Long story short, good luck I dont pick the architectural aestetics but the architects that do are worthless lazy fucking project managers and money guys now. They are a master of none that relies on consultants for every dicipline.

It's all so tiresome...

I got in trouble for saying this building looks ugly. It's the Smithsonian African American History Museum. It is fucking ugly. But apparently to say so is rayciss against all blacks everywhere, rather than architectural criticism.

When the fuck will we get this back

So, life is shit, hope is useless, and God has abandoned us? What's new?

Never

Very common style here in New Brunswick all the cathedrals look like this. This is the cathedral near my home

>African American history museum
>the building itself is small as fuck
Kek

>It's an awfully generic skyscraper
That's objectively untrue.

But it is ugly.

>implying we can win anything back
O you beautiful naive fool

Looks like a few empty Chinese take out boxes.

Art is dead, and killed architecture along with it. Ornament changing with building materials from small accents to "the entire facade is the ornament" has also killed architecture.

STFU amerimutt you can't understand.

>then why don't they develop a new one. A new one hat isn't cancer
It's called art nouveau. Everything from Romanesque to Gothic had a revival movement, it's time to bring for neo art nouveau.

nice

Cosy

I hate Stalin with every fiber of my being, but I can't deny he had taste.

The buildings at Tiananmen Square are massive. The chinks know how to build big things. Pic related is Mao’s tomb. Tried to get a picture of the main government building next to it but it’s too big to take a picture of

Nah, just it is gonna be a long road. We gotta find a cladding material to re skin buildings that can be put on by IQ70s and cheap and better looking than the current skins... The 3d printing meme and parametric design could help. I've wrote papers on the subject that have been published.

Vitruvian said it.

Beauty
Stability
Function

>Even the English Wikipedia article barely has any info about the building, even though it has quite a history

Then tell us.

The Capitol Building is so amazing and magnificent to look at. Its a shame we lack the ideas for beautiful displaces of humanity anymore. Modern houses are just blocks that have random curves and edges, while old age buildings had giant plans with giant risk.

Art is already fixed user

He did destroy a lot of stuff to build some of those. But nevertheless, those buildings look gorgeous.