Storytime: Houseki No Kuni (Vol 8)

And here we are. The last volume. Shit happens here, so get ready.

For the random visitor, read this manga. More info in the next posts.

Messed up the previous thread. Anyways.

>What is Houseki No Kuni?
A Manga from author Haruko Ichikawa. 28 genderless Gem People are the only habitants of the land in the far future, and they must defend themselves from the mysterious attackers that come from the Moon to capture them. Phos, the protagonist, is completely useless, so Adamant, their leader, asks him to make an encyclopedia which kicks a series events that make him start to discover whats going on with the world they are living in.

Think a seinen coming of age story.

What we saw last volume:

>Phos wakes up 102 years later with Lapis head, two gems were captured. Triple sunspot anomaly appears, looks like a woman and Sensei know her, Phos gets tired of the pretending game and tries to get answers, fails. He meets by chance Variegatus, a descendant of Ventricosus who makes him remember everything. Phos decides to go to the Moon for answers.

For more info (Previous volumes)
-Volume 1:
-Volume 2:
-Volume 3:
-Volume 4:
-Volume 5:
-Volume 6:
-Volume 7:

oh yes

Here's a theory that'll probably be disproved by the end of the volume: What if Sensei decides that, in order to keep anyone else from pulling a Phos, he should just explain everything? So Phos gets back and everyone already knows. That'd be such a dick move.

god they are so cute. I instantly forgive them.

i wouldnt be surprised, given how upfront they tend to be in this manga. But its possible that like Prince said Sensei cannot give information without permision. Though maybe Phos knowing the truth changes that now.

i love the batman cape alloy move

100% mad

>I Need A Hero plays in the distance

Prince is here!

Prince is dead!

...or not.

I expected a crazy Buddhist styled place, not this shit.

i like how freaky it gets at night

hey guys, i think i see antarc back there
and there
and there

Now chapter 2!

good answer

so princely

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

i saw it coming

this hurts

I wasn't ready for all these revelations.
Glad I came in while it's still going on though.

dont worry, its a fake one! the real one already went through the grinder, probably screaming.

yeah this arc is heavy

Prince makes my heart go doki doki

Next chapter, go!

So basically, the Moonmen are abucting Gem-men so Sensei has no distractions to performing his designed duty of giving humans salvation? What jerks are the Moonmen then, denying a person the right to determine his own life and destroying what he loves for selfish gain

If the anime reaches the moon, I hope that the complex will look like Bismuth

He actually says "Shiro", not "Snowball". The translation probably comes from "Shiro" being a very common dog name. You know what it means.

Sort of, they are trying to call him for attention.

Come on, they have been waiting for literally thousands and thousands of years. They are suffering. We dont know the whole story but if it is as Prince said they have every right to turn into massive dicks.

Professor best girl.

that looks a lot like it

oh my god prince that is like, so totally not cool

so the moon people defecate

Oh, sensei.

the fucking bunny ears

Well it seems to me that Sensei has decided that even with suffering, life is still worth living, and is passing on these teachings to the Gems, who all seem pretty happy despite the harshness of their lives. The Moon-men seem to refuse to see this wisdom, and desperately want nothingness/death, forcing Sensei to try and pray for them, despite showing them an example of how to live life in the Gems. Honestly, I can see both Sensei's and the Moonmen's positions, and both of them are acting like stubborn jerks, but Sensei's side is more sympathetic to me since nothing so far is preventing the Moonmen from creating another prayer-machine, unless that diamond shell is necessary for the capacity to pray

Next chapter!

well, that could be yes. In fact it sounds likely. However we had some hints already that Sensei is indeed broken. But they are vague so anything could be happening. It could also be that they did something to him and he never feels like pardoning them. Really, the thing could go either way. It could be that the Gems existence depends on the Moon People being there and Sensei doesnt want to lose them.

As a first time reader I did not expect any of this shit and I am presently in about the same state as poor Phos here.

Technically it was Aculeatus shell

hope you are enjoying your suffering user
through suffering you might achieve nirvana and not become a cute Moon People

human protein better be final boss

Did the moon people really just kidnapped and enslaved an entire race just to make their moon look pretty

yeah but they want the moon pretty as a big FUCK YOU to Sensei because he is not giving them what they really want: the sweet release of nothingness.

Phos, you traitor

going full renegade

i noticed Prince was already working on the pearl eye before Phos arrived. He was planning to send him back anyways.

oh jeez thats graphic

worst phos upgrade ever