Art in Manga

Are there any series you read or have read whose art got worse over time instead of better?

Dunno about worse, but fruits basket went from loose and off model to stiff and on model.

Naruto is an obvious one, HxH too.

Berserk?

Sakamichi No Apollon's art was not that great. I didn't think it was bad the first time I read the series but looking at it again after the anime adaptation it's pretty wonky through the whole thing.

berserk only got bad because of the switch to digital, miura showed from the grunbeld novel that he can still draw just as well traditionally

Tokyo ghoul has so many high and lows that is worth mentioning it.

One piece.

Nobuhiro Watsuki, his art style changed a lot after finishing Rurouni Kenshin.

Read classic Ruruoni Kenshin (1994-1999) and then Busou Renkin (2003) and it feels like a complete different artist.

I don't know why he did it, his style was great.

Tokyo ghoul went from decent to really good, then mediocre. It really disappointed me.

Too lazy to provide comparison images, but Violinist of Hameln went from bad to worse.

Not necessarily worse, but I preferred the art of the earlier volumes. Everything got a lot cleaner after the author stopped using drugs

No. It went from bad to decent to good to sloppy.

Monster Musume started off really damn nice and now everything looks like napkin scribbles besides The Good Panel.

almost all long running shonen series
the artist starts off very experimental, quick a lot of sketchy lineart, which makes it very dynamic but also a bit oldschool
then they learn to be a bit more cleaner, essentially peaking sometime around this part, around after 1/3 of the series is over
but then they go all sellout, letting their assistants do all the inking and/or just drawing the most basic way without any variety, almost mimicking anime.

>author was on drugs
seriously? is this also why it has such a shit ending?

Well kind of. The loss of drugs took away some of his creativity, and the publisher wouldn't let him go the alien route. That being said, the ending wasn't really bad, ot just desperately needs an extra chapter or an afterstory.

Re-reading early volumes of Made in Abyss and I think the art was probably more involved if not better, there seemed to be more to it like the author put more time into it those early days but had to streamline it in later chapters.

TG went like this
>We are starting this we might get canceled any time so let's put little to no effort
>Oh shit, we survived volume 4, maybe I'll try now
>well, this got a bit popular lets experiment with allucinations and flowers and maybe some torture
>Centipede is coming as is pretty hype, let's put the heart into it
>Anime announced, let's make last arc really beautiful
>We ave the a sequel, let's change art style
>Auction arc is really good
>We can chill now
>Rose arc=God tier arc.
>Everything after: No backgrounds and sloppy panels but generally good art, with really amazing panels in between.

Bleach

I second this. As one watches the show it becomes too hard to take anything seriously when characters look like 2-dimensional cartoons and every guy has big fucking traps.

Berserk

Pic related.

Shpuld have been the first post. Kubo really doesn't give a shit about Bleach after the Soul Society arc.

I just finished reading this a couple days ago, and I noticed an extremely noticeable dip in quality in the last couple volumes.

I guess it's something that just happens when your series is running longer than a decade.

a lazy example I just remembered is shirogane no nina, everything has pretty much been just straight lines for a while