So ANN seems to being going the route of Nyaa.se right now

So ANN seems to being going the route of Nyaa.se right now.

Their reviews were garbage, and their articles are almost gawker level of bias.

Is there a actually a good news outlet for anime specific news? Or is "Anime Journalism" as bad as the joke that is "Video game Journalism"?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.cc/
animenewsnetwork.cc/review/psycho-pass-2/bd-dvd-season-2/.100969
animenewsnetwork.cc/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3071479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FandomRivalry/Gundam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Learn Japanese.

it was a hacker though, nyaa willingly went down.

でも、俺は英語で読んでいる方がいいと思います。

>Is there a actually a good news outlet for anime specific news? Or is "Anime Journalism" as bad as the joke that is "Video game Journalism"?
In burgerland? Yes. The fact that nearly everything on ANN is either reports on what some nip sites reported or irrelevant bullshit about muh dubs should make that fairly clear.

Their shit got hacked but they are running just fine on different domain until they get things sorted out.

Crunchyroll's articles are good.

animenewsnetwork.cc/

Why are all you so weak of mind and spirit that you need someone else to tell you what to watch / play / read / listen to?
The only thing you need from others are the seasonal charts to know what's airing and that's it. Everything else is worthless garbage not worth wasting your time with.

News sites are a good way of hearing about new shit that's happening like things being adapted or licensed in the West. Your alternative is following Japanese twitter accounts I guess.

I don't care about their reviews and stuff. I just find their news and encyclopedia occasionally useful.

Only using ANN for news. Then I heard this hack probably related to their forum drama. I don't use their forum becuase I heard the mod is shit.

I wonder who did it, some goon that hates Zac or his tranny spouse for ripping people off on kickstarter with their visual novel project

ANN is fine as long as you avoid their editorials.

>I don't use their forum becuase I heard the mod is shit.
It is. It's the Neogaf of anime sites.

Even for news they purposely dont report certain stories if it makes teh gays or trannies look bad.

Last time I check their site not known using CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal. Probably just custom and the hacker found vulnerability.

I went there earlier without knowing about the hack and I've got that fucking song stuck in my head now. It isn't even good, but it just won't go away

NICO NICO NIII

News is about facts. If you're dropping your own opinions into the news articles you write, then you're a failure and don't deserve to call yourself a journalist.

I like reading Zac's reviews every now and then desu.

Stupid zenbu.

Zac breaking down in tears over c3bu was amazing to watch

their best reviewer desu animenewsnetwork.cc/review/psycho-pass-2/bd-dvd-season-2/.100969

Did he fap that hard?

>Even for news they purposely dont report certain stories if it makes teh gays or trannies look bad.

[citation needed]

No, he got super triggered over high schoolers playing with guns. Then when he saw the ED where theres children drawings of them with guns he flipped out over it promoting gun culture and Sandyhook

>burgers judging Japan over gun culture
You can't make this up

They never reported about the BBC documentary in Japan, given the site is hugely anti-loli. Other stories they mysteriously never reported were the fags sending death threats to Tokyo Ghoul's mangaka when a character wasn't made to be gay. But they feel reporting every anime reference in Steven Universe is important

They generally keep their opinions out of their news articles. They're relatively spin-free. The cancer is in the editorials.

The only annoying thing about their news articles if that they always feel the need to plug whoever has the rights over here, which is somewhat understandable when you consider that they pay the ad revenue and doesn't really get in the way of the news itself.

Funny he did the dub dvd support for Now, Here, Then and There.

Zac is an huge hypocrite

>the fags sending death threats to Tokyo Ghoul's mangaka when a character wasn't made to be gay.
Were they fags? I heard they were fujos, but Tokyo Ghoul is barely in my peripheral.

One of their staff that does the bulk of their 'reporting' really needs to learn how to at least spellcheck. He's starting to make this place look good by comparison.

Doesn't really matter. Just the notion pro-gay supporters did something bad is enough for them to shut down discussion.

It's funny because the majority of actual homofags are able to recommend that the fujoshi attitude towards homoshit really is as rotten as they advertise.

I like Tenshi no 3P.

>Other stories they mysteriously never reported were the fags sending death threats to Tokyo Ghoul's mangaka when a character wasn't made to be gay.

Got sources?

I thought ANN has been garbage for like a decade now though?

*understand, not recommend.

I always use the following:

Akiba Blog
Moe Otanews
0takomu
Yaraon
Dengeki Online

I don't need anything else.

The difference being ANN cannot influence anime industry at all while NeoGAF can to some extend (unfortunately).

What do you expect when one of their staff is a confused tranny

This is an advertisement thread.

>But they feel reporting every anime reference in Steven Universe is important

You're confusing "News" articles with "Interest Feed" articles

>The difference being ANN cannot influence anime industry at all while NeoGAF can to some extend (unfortunately).

Hell, NO English language anime forum of any kind can influence the Japanese market

Scott Green needs to fuck off.
Every single article features mistakes ranging from lack of basic grammar, fucked up hyperlinking, Google translated names, and excessive bloat from unrelated Twitter images.

Then again, at least he accurately represents the quality of CR as a whole, which there is none, so maybe it'd be better if CR as a whole would sink.

You people actually visist ANN?

There's a site you can go to instead of shitting up Sup Forums. I think it's name was rabbit or rubbit or something

Or shit like refusing to run an article about how Frieza's dub VA has advanced cancer and might die, while reporting that a literally-who manga artist is taking a one week break because of a mild cold.

>Frieza's dub VA has advanced cancer and might die
>dub VA
Doesn't seem worth reporting

I care more about the manga artist than your shitty dub actor

Their mecha anime reviews are atrocious and guys like Psycho 101 have been forcing the forums into a right wing echo chamber.

Hiro should just make a board that discuss other sites. I'm getting sick of daily twitter, facebook, ANN and MAL threads.

Anyone want to answer?

But that isnt really problem in Sup Forums because those kinda threads arent daily

ANN is the Polygon of anime news. The place is run by faggy SJWs that are grossly offended by anime, yet decided to write about anime for a career choice. You shouldn't need to visit that shithole, you can read the same news on Sup Forums without the lecture on misogyny unless the thread is full of leafs.

Already exists

Ecelebs should just go to

>you can read the same news on Sup Forums with extra misogyny
ftfy

Even better that way

you need to back

animenewsnetwork.cc/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3071479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If anyone has an account and is extremely bored feel free to relay why outsider communities do not like ANN:

1. Moderators are too abusive, anything qualifies as "trolling" or not in a "spirit of the rules" with no appeal system, the moderator Psycho 101 is the worst guy when it comes to this, but most mods are guilty of this to some degree and punish people who do not break the rules nor intend to.

2. ANN has a monopoly on anime news, most people do not know of other sites and much of the information only comes from there.

3. The review there are not consistent in term of scoring or averaging and the mentality of "only plot and characters matter all else is window dressing" is a grossly ignorant and ill informed method of analysis.

4. Mecha reviews especially are despised because with the exception of Mike Toole nobody on the site properly grasps the history and concept of the genre. On top of that you guys have skewed translations for G-Reco articles and failed to mentions serious controversies IBO has had in Japan. The Gundam fandom is in civil war at the moment thanks in part to this.

5. Your forums abuse the "no soapboxing" rule to include any repetition as a rule violation regardless of how minor or irrelevant.

6. There is clear bias and favoritism to specific creators while others are ignored or lied about. End it.

>There is clear bias and favoritism to specific creators
THIS. The people that call Ikuhara and Kon "craftsmen" are some of the biggest snobs I've ever had to witness and I've been to Evageeks.

>The gundam fandom is in civil war.
Link to learn more about this, you have peeked my interest.

What the fuck is this Sup Forums tier thread? Kill yourselves.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FandomRivalry/Gundam

Lauren Orsini is basically Anita Sarkesian for anime.

>TVTropes
>Anita Sarkeesian
See .

why doesn't user make a blog or twitter and post summaries of important anime related news over there?
you complain about ANN being useless but you are doing nothing

For media news websites I mostly use Anime!Anime!, Natalie and sometimes Animate, since they tend to include reports and features from pre-screenings and such. For rumours I follow kuso-burogu Yara-On! but I most of all I just follow shitfuckton of book/manga/music publishers on twitter, BD and movie distributors, movie/anime official twitter accounts and another shitton of industry people, mangakas, directors, animators, producers, music bands, composers and so on.

Ignore him, he is a spammer from /m/.

>thinking facts are spam
Found Sup Forums

I get all my news from Sup Forums.

I think you are just a moron with a lot of time on your hands.
Peeling potatoes would be a better investment for your miserable life.

Why do you need anime news?

I always marathon anime after it's done airing and have no real interest on what is coming up next outside of more seasons of really good anime which will be all over Sup Forums anyways if it happens. Also anidb sends me messages about new seasons to anime I've watched anyways so don't even need Sup Forums

>which will be all over Sup Forums anyways if it happens
Usually the sources for those pieces of anime news come from ANN, and sometimes twitter.

>I have no interest in the news, therefore everyone in the world must also have no interest in the news

>Why do you need anime news?
> I always marathon anime after it's done airing and have no real interest on what is coming up next
You obviously know that that second part doesn't describe most of Sup Forums, so why are you bothering to ask the first part?

The source comes from Japan either via official websites or magazines.

>why are you bothering to ask the first part?
Because I'm curious as to why you need anime news? Seasonal charts exist if you want to see what is airing

>why doesn't user make a blog or twitter and post summaries of important anime related news over there?
Because we can just post them here instead of making a blog.

The ANN encyclopedia is the best part about the site and even that's fucked. You have people with the same name being lumped into one page as if they were one person, tons of shows with barely any staff listed, errors being listed, but never corrected, etc.

>Usually
Those "usual" news you see that get linked to ANN are usually news that some other user already posted 3 days prior.

Aren't anidb and MAL far better for that purpose anyways?

There isn't a good outlet, and there aren't all that many to choose from. Sankaku has decent articles every now and then mixed in with lewd imagedumps but we call it shitkaku for a reason, ANN combines terminal bad taste with a major case of "stop liking what I don't like" (and the ideology comes secondarily; they were insufferable, bitter pricks accusing anyone who didn't share their exact tastes of ruining anime well before they decided to start pandering to the tumblr crowd), and Crunchyroll is literal industry shilling, though at least they don't pretend to be independent like ANN. I get my news from here for a reason.

(MAL doesn't seem too bad as far as I can tell, if I wanted a dedicated news site I guess I'd go to their section, but the fact that it's the "best" option for English-language fans is fucking embarrassing.)

What the fuck is "Anime Journalism" even supposed to be? Is OP one of the r/anime crossposters I have been hearing about?

Do ANN reviews/ratings feel biased against slice of life series to anyone else or just me? Hell, MAL reviews/ratings too.

A lot of Japanese anime news sources are incredibly sensationalist and absolutely riddled with ステマ.

Yes

which one is good?

AniDB is better, but MAL is worse.

>Because I'm curious as to why you need anime news?
But you just described not caring because of unusual personal preferences, so it's silly to expect that to apply to everyone.

>Seasonal charts exist if you want to see what is airing
Checking the yet-to-air section of a chart site is basically the same thing as checking a news site, except instead of seeing "New series announced," you'd just have to look through the whole thing to see if there's anything you didn't know about. Not to mention that it's going to be missing things that aren't fully confirmed or for random other reasons (I just checked, and Michibiki no Hoshi doesn't seem to be on anichart, for example, even though it was announced for 2018 a year ago). That also won't cover anything except anime announcements/air dates - deaths, interviews, events, manga in general, etc.

All you really need to know is that the Japanese government had to investigate whether or not it was okay for IBO to even air because the rage it caused among mecha otaku resulted in such a massive amount of death threats.
Honestly, how the people involved weren't blacklisted by the entire industry after this whole fiasco is beyond me.

AniDB doesn't have a lot of stuff and is even more skewed towards Western taste than MAL.

>Western taste
He's talking about staff information, not ratings. Rating sites are pointless altogether.

Just you. It's called confirmation bias.

>Is there a actually a good news outlet for anime specific news?
Nip Twitter.

The fuck are you even talking about.

All that happened with IBO is that one episode generated a lot of viewer complaints to a Broadcast Ethics organization because of excessive violence for a cartoon airing in a general audience time slot.

>people do their job, show sells decently, but attracts a hatebase
>Why doesn't the entire industry refuse to work with them now?
You sound like a faggot upset that people you don't like are allowed to work in anime.

I'm glad they are okay, I don't miss a single article from the Professor of Anime: Answerman.

This. Also MAL (just the anime/manga info, mind you, not the godawful community).

>The Gundam fandom is in civil war
Yeah no.