Is Alan Watts worth reading/listening to?

Just started one of his lectures. Like the general gist and his so far but at one point he made a standard, atheistic argument for why God doesn't exist (or something close to that) and seemed pretty pleased with himself and the his ability to to spot a paradox when it comes to the existence or nature of God. Just want to make sure he's not some edgelord British philosopher.

youtube.com/watch?v=UUIzS3HjPwg

youtube.com/watch?v=VllwRgSECcw

Other urls found in this thread:

cuttingthroughthematrix.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A lot of my degenerate hippy friends love watts and I feel like he’s had a lot of influence on the cult of positivity law of attraction retards. I’ve avoided him because most people I know who read him can’t clean up after themselves or take a shower regularly. Start with the basics

Yes yes yes yes yes.
"The Wisdom of Insecurity" is the best book of his that I've read.

PS God doesn't exist, especially not the Abrahamic one. Grow up, user.

>I feel like he’s had a lot of influence on the cult of positivity law of attraction retards
>I feel like [proposition]
>A proposition is a feeling
>a hunch has any value whatsoever
>OTHER PEOPLE are the retards

lol

Watts did not promote law of attraction malarkey. Find a torrent of his lectures, spend some time with him.

>PS God doesn't exist, especially not the Abrahamic one. Grow up, user.

I didn't take issue with the assertion itself, it was just the kind of argument highschoolers would make.

>Is Alan Watts worth reading/listening to?
If your a nihilistic buddhist

God most certainly does exist. Semitic religions have just had a monopoly on occult ritual and tradition since the fall of Rome. Solstis invicti

Thanks for ignoring the other half of my argument you stupid fucking hippy. Go live in your tent and bang your drums with the niggers will figure out what labor camp you’ll do best in when the time comes

Why not. """People""" () here are scared, traumatized children in their head still.

Why use a nuke to kill a bacterium though? High school arguments work against the Abrahamic God because the Abrahamic God is a juvenile subhuman embarrassment. As I said, grow up.

Take a real redpill and listen Alan watt.
cuttingthroughthematrix.com/
you'll thank me later.

>If your a nihilistic buddhist

THIS
H
I
S

/comfy/ resignation is what he is for.

>nihilistic buddhist
that's not a thing

you didn't make an argument, you stated feelings, but I'm the hippie. lol, weak hypocritical bait user

>The story about when TV came to town and destroyed within a month the community culture

SAD!

I'm convinced Watt is a god thingy in human form,
laying out the most raw realism you can find, odd that he's a leaf.

Crypto-pleb: The post

It's literally just a man elucidating to westerners an eastern perspective in simple language.

Oh Watt, not Watts. My bad. Yeah he is great

He didn't even communicate with aliens

totally assumed they were the same person and listened to one recording by each without realizing.

He appeals to people who think too much and feel stuck in life so yeah i enjoy his lectures.

I like him desu. Passionate populariser of eastern religions, but at the same time highlights some of their biggest problems which are often ignored

>“Scared and traumatized”

But I can do my own laundry and clean up after I make a meal. The absolute state of Watts readers.

>oy vey god doesn’t exist user, cut your dick off and turn into a woman user life is all about experience

It’s a typical trait of children to not understand or want maturity

I stated a feeling about an issue. Then I made the argument that’s watts readers and his hippy fucking clique can’t wipe their own ass without mommy let alone pick up a gun to defend what’s your. Your a pathetic bunch that should just go get African child style lynched in Africa. Do the white race a favour jimmy jones

Drank himself to death, so ask yourself how enlightened this fellow could be. Cult of personality in my opinion. Pure hopium.

Where does he make an argument for the non-existence of God? As far as I've understood it, the man was very religious despite flitting between various western and eastern religions, so it would be surprising for me if he really did do this

Your friends sound incredibly stupid desu. What watts does best is explain bhuddism/zen to the western mind in a palatable way. Never have I heard from his lectures talking about the law of attraction.

He is pretty edgy at times. I personally enjoy his "out of your mind" lectures. Just be careful not to take him to seriously. Just use what he expresses as an apparatus to further your own understanding/model of the universe.

You have to listen to more of his material to understand his character and manner of speaking, Alan Watts is far from a materialist atheist, if that's what you got from him you probably haven't spent much time with his material.

Definitely worth listening to don't listen to the pea brain morons on this website, look and listen for yourself.

>that wasn't the actual point, it had more to do with pointing out scriptures....inadequacy? I'm in the ballpark.

>atheistic argument for why God doesn't exist
Your books are a fantasy you childish idiot.

Well that doesn't sound atheistic to me, just anti-Christian. As far as I've understood it (and I'd definitely like to learn more) he was respectful of Christianity and even spent several years studying to be an Episcopalian minister, but later found Christianity to be inadequate and adopted a much greater interest in Hinduism and Buddhism. I don't think you could put him in the box of any one organised religion, but he was definitely religious

Haven't listened to his lectures in years, although his lectures are a good primer on the Eastern Religions if you want a synopsis in layman's terms.

>Drank himself to death

So he was just your average Brit?

alan watts and jordan.peterson get all their shit from carl jung

No, he was certainly above average, I am just saying that for all his intelligence and wisdom, life still sucked enough for him to booze himself to death. It is both sad, and a lesson, in my estimation.

>No, he was certainly above average, I am just saying that for all his intelligence and wisdom, life still sucked enough for him to booze himself to death. It is both sad, and a lesson, in my estimation.

that's because all that eastern mystic shit isn't really effective if you're living in western society