This week in people failing at being more than walking stereotypes

This week in people failing at being more than walking stereotypes.

I’m travelling through South-East Asia, in Thailand at the moment, relaxing at a hostel on an island. Young black girl arrives at the hostel 3 days ago. She's early 20s, an English teacher somewhere in China. She's already more than midway between obese and morbidly obese. Born somewhere in Georgia, she finished college and took her first job in China, trying to learn Mandarin and see the world. She speaks in an exaggerated voice, a bit too loud as if to have people notice her, and with plenty of affectations. You don’t have to have a degree in psychology to know this speaks of low self-esteem and a need to be constantly on the stage for others.

She's trash, like white trash, but black. I guess the word for that would be ghetto trash. She's so fat that her skin almost throughout the entire body is littered with stretch marks. She has so much body hair, tufts covering random bits of her body. It's hot here so she's wearing shorts and one of those spaghetti tops. The whole sight is absolutely horrendous. The stuff nightmares are made of.

She begins befriending people left and right, keeping up the loud, affected voice, and laughing in an exaggerated manner. Every now and then, the ghetto busts out of her and people are startled, but, hey, we're here to have fun.

I sit mostly in the back of the common area, as I do now, next to the kitchen, listening to my headphones (thank God for whoever invented cans or I would've had to run periodically to my room to take a break from the whole thing). Two German girls, 18-year-olds or so, that just finished high school, sit next to me and play cards. The black girl (I don't know her name and can't say I really want to) is eyeing me every now and then. I think she heard I'm an American and wants to talk or God only knows what happens in that brain. After putting on a loud, cheap show at the table where she’s having a beer, she finally comes over and sits right across from me. I look once, then continue to work on my laptop.

She begins a conversation with the German girls. Mia and Hanna, they're polite and doing a 3-and-a-half-month tour in the region, before they start college. They began the trip in Hong Kong, passed through Chiang Mai, and now they're trying the island life. Mia studies Economics, but wants to branch out into Marketing and work for a large business. Hanna is considering getting a degree in event planning. They're German about social interactions, Mia more than Hanna, who laughs heartily at my occasional jokes and then looks a bit ashamed as if she wasn't supposed to go that far.

After being asked who they are, they start a conversation with the black girl. I can see in their eyes every now and then the signs of "How is it possible for something like this to exist at all?" They keep it polite, though, and never break decorum. Civilization, something that the black girl is plainly and crudely unable to participate in or at least emulate superficially. The black girl asks to be part of the game. Mia and Hanna say yes and start explaining the rules of the game. Two Dutch girls that played cards with me the second night I’ve got to this hostel had already explained the game, so I know what's going on. It's not a 2-rule-game, but it's not rocket science.

The black girl doesn't get it. Like, at all. Like, Mia and Hanna have to go multiple times over what's going on. Finally, they decide to start a game, you know, to practice. It doesn't work out. She keeps trying to make illegal moves. Mia and Hanna are polite and try to be helpful, but fail like clockwork. They are relentless, however, in the face of increasing evidence to the contrary and keep correcting specific mistakes, no, you can’t play this card, you have to play one of the following, no, not this one, like this, do you have anything like this, then play this one to win the round. True Germans, they never know when to stop. After a while, the black girl gives up. She’s visibly annoyed and goes over to the table she came from. Thank you, Lord.

Fast forward to today. It's early afternoon and I'm sitting on one of the three couches. I listen to the Bluetooth speaker I bought for the trip and reading scripts of known TV series (hobby of mine). The German girls come back from the beach, we exchange pleasantries, hey, how are you, did you have fun, etc., etc., then I go back to reading. A third girl comes by, she was part of the crowd of revelers that went out to bar-hop last night. Then the black girl shows up.

She's even louder now and has pretty much given up on trying to act respectfully. It's a one-ghetto-queen(kwahn?)-show happening right before me. She starts yelling at some other guy sitting on a distant couch how she doesn't want to go out anymore, because NUH-HUH!!!! I AIN'T DOIN NONE OF THAT. UHHHUHHHMMMM! I GOT SO DRUNK LAST NIGH, LIKE HELL NAH, I JUS GOT UP AND IT’S 1!!!!

She proceeds to yell how she has to go to the hospital right now. The guy on the other couch asks why. COZ I LOST MAH TAHNPOHN (cue loud laughter), YOU KNOW, AND I HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL SO THEY LOOK FOR IT (more laughter), YAH, I LOST MAH TAHNPOHN, keeps repeating that. I pack up and move my stuff over to the table in the back of the common area. On my way back to pick the water bottle and cigarettes she starts yelling EXCUSE MEEE, EXCUSE MEEE, SIR, RYAN?, DID YOU GO TO THE HOSPITAL?, I HAVE TO GO BECAUSE I LOST MAH TAHNPOHN. I can barely conceal my disgust. I'm trying hard to sound reasonable (Yeah, it's a good place, some of the staff speak English, they’re going to treat you well), but my face speaks volumes. I’m glaring at her, chin down, scowling, lips pursed, while my words are completely incongruous. Everybody at the table looks embarrassed. She realizes something is wrong, begins to explain why she’s asking. I turn around in the middle of it all and go back to my table without saying a word.

I sit down, turn on the laptop, put the headphones on, and begin listening to a YouTube chillout radio station. Salvation.

I don’t understand any of this. It’s so easy to make people get over their stereotypes. Are there racists out there that think all black people act like that? Make a change in your own life. Act on an individual level to prove them wrong. But when you do know what they’re thinking of you and your people and act consistently in public in a manner that enforces the stereotypes, how do you expect any change to come about?

tl;dr = niggers

Not all of them are like that. I've met black people that were outstanding human beings. Polite, hard-working, ready to help you.

That's Georgia. Fuckers talk so god damn loud like it's some sign of being a chad.

Had no idea. The more you know.

Yeah the whole state is basically like that. They're all retards.

The whole southeast actually.

It's the girly affectations that are killing me. Imagine an almost morbidly obese woman, covered with random patches of hair, trying to sound like she's a 12-year-old anime girl. It's unbelievable.

Imagine a place where adults behave like children, that's the southeast.

>German girls
>Mia and hannah

At least use believable names for your LARP

It was a nice story OP, easy and enjoyable read, but this
>Not all of them are like that
Is you being a dumb naive bitch.

Jesus. How can anybody hope to change that mindset if they treat everybody like that? Treat them like grown-ups, start referring to them as permanent victims, and hold them responsible without being vindictive. It's like a human being stuck in a permanent stage of adolescence.

You can't because that's what fanatical religion does to you and those people are religious fanatics.

Photo taken from where I'm sitting - back of the common area. Hope that kills the bait.

>on an island in a foreign exotic country
>spends his days on a laptop indoors

Why do Americans do this?

Don't hate. I'm taking a break after traveling from city to city. It's not indoors. Open area, pool, bean bags, bar, kitchen, couches, pool table, people to talk to that have interesting stories.

Fuck you, I lived a year in Georgia, it's a fantastic place. Stop lying

Because like the girl from Georgia they don't know how to live without their constant sources of attention whoring. For OP it's his writing, for Georgia girl, it's her drama to bring attention to herself.

Where? Savannah? Athens? Atlanta? The parts of the state that are accustomed to people from around the country or world?

Okay. I'll take back what I said as long as you promise you won't believe that other anti- southern kike faggot until you've actually been you northern GA/TN/SC/NC and seen it for yourself

You're not even a fucking frog. Fucking good ol boy larping as someone that's worldly.

Yup, Athens, but I travelled around while I was there, didn't hang out with a many students. Preferred Americans

No worries, buddy. The Frenchies I met here were some really cool guys and girls. Crazy stories, fun to be around, we got hammered a few times and barely made our way back to the speedboat.

Athens is the city of the state's largest university. Of course it's going to be "normal" visit some shithole like Valdosta and you'll see what that state really is.

>me
>not a Français Supérieur

Stay wrong

I have a coworker that told me stories from when he did a 6 month backpacking trip in africa. He is a hippie that laughed at me when I told him that africans evolved differently than europeans. Anyway.

>Be him at market place
>Someone tries to steal his phone
>He turns around and slaps the thief in his face
>Before he could yell at him, someone punches the thief from behind coworker
>Everyone starts hitting him
>Whole thing turns into mob violence

another time he met a politican from Mugabes party. He tried to force him to hook him up with two norwegian girls, but the girls didnt feel like getting blacked.

Traveled in the Triangle area (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) for quite a few times. Drove down from DC where I live. I had to stop a few times to admire the views. Nature is so beautiful there and the BBQ ribs are amazing.

Beautiful but deadly. Wives regularly call the cops on their husbands to get their way, until the husband snaps and murders her and the local authorities sweep it under the rug.

And I suppose you're from some wonderful civilized state like what, California? New York? Fucking New Jersey?

You complain about stereotypes but you are pretty much the autistic retard from The Big Bang Theory.

I hope you're doing well too, man!