en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiko_Fujio#Works
youtube.com/watch?v=jZkUwGan5Cs
youtube.com/results?search_query=disney recycled animation
youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU
youtube.com/watch?v=eSt6QMIaIQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoIoiN5aSQ
dailymotion.com/video/xzt3vb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They have no rhythm & a lot less budget.

The Japs excel at action and effects animation, not characters.

Because if they try to do that people complain about "forced animation".

Not even Americans can animate that well anymore, with everything being made as 3DCG or like some fucking Flash animations (see: new Ducktales)

>forced animation

Japan are known for making great use of limited animation. Western animation is constantly moving while japanese is more contemplative and emphasises on single moments.

How come we have so much new technology and so many cost and effort-cutting methods nowadays, but we can't produce things like OP posted anymore?

I hate musical
OP/ED and BGM are enough

>being too pleb for disney

the core of producing good hand-drawn animation hasn't gotten any easier. you still need skilled and experienced animators and lots and lots and lots of time to draw the actual movements

The movement is really smooth, but looking back there's basically no camerawork involved in this. It's just straight up eye level with static backgrounds and characters moving at portrait close up or full body. It's more like a play. The opposite of powerpoint-monogatari where camerawork goes crazy and animation is limited to a few moments.

And then there's this crazy meme where they do crazy shit, but it's basically limited to simple geometric patterns.

youtube.com/watch?v=2HR4Junqmzg

Maybe this is technically "inferior" animation but this gives me much more of an animation boner.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM

Disney animation = illusion of life (tries to make the viewer forget that what they're seeing is a bunch of still images put together the same way a live-action movie does)
Japanimation = drawings in motion (embraces the nature of the medium and utilizes it to have a more raw, comic book-esque feel)

did disney not use keyframe animations? is that how the movements are so consistent?

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING SHADOWS?

Musical is kind of metatheatrical play,
and Japanese people think it as western

youtube.com/watch?v=UC9vYVAJxWc

Anyway I don't think the animate is very special

>Why can't japan animate this well ever?
But they can user

Thats an interesting thought

>shits on static backgrounds
>proceeds to dickride patlabor 2, which has static backgrounds everywhere
>even dickrides garbage like monogatari for piling up the adobe aftereffects
Disney backgrounds were hand painted with an insane amount of detail, and you're trying to suggest they're lazier than Asians whipping up some CG backgrounds? You're retarded.

>posts Kemono Friends as an example of good animation
You've got to be baiting.

What? I said there's no camerawork, not that the backgrounds were bad. That particular scene is basically a higher level version of pic related with hand painted gorgeous backgrounds. I mean there are certainly other more dynamic scenes done by Disney. I just didn't feel particularly impressed by OPs scene.

Am I wrong?

> file titled japanese 'animation'
no way, he's clearly serious

youtube.com/watch?v=0wrkaw2yLfc

>You've got to be baiting.
It's called a joke/meme.

This is absolutely not the reason you fucking retard

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=Ru5EKWP25FY

You really don't understand jack shit about animation if you're complaining about static backgrounds of all things, all the while heaping praise on modern anime like Monogatari for using CG to give the illusion of 'dynamic camerawork'.
You are worthless.

>youtube.com/watch?v=0wrkaw2yLfc [Remove]

Is it wrong if I prefer the right to the left? I really want to see an entire anime animated via ms paint traced.

Why isn't there a full fledged musical anime?

youtu.be/e3nq4U4k1mY

>making a point to exagerate movement for the sake of animation
>still animate at 9fps
Fucking nips.

He isn't shitting on static background, but the static camera.

youtube.com/watch?v=9JK9uQNBDxQ

There's Interstellar 5555 but I think that's the only one.

>He
You.

Yeah, camerawork is a real big issue when working with an entirely 2D background. The director should've janked it back and forth more.

>Lain as an example of good animation
I love Lain as much as the next user, but I can think of classic anime that was way, WAY better animated than Lain.
But what matters is perception and atmosphere, and that's what Lain excelled in.

Who said anything about Lain? OP was clearly referring to the video he posted.

Reduced budget for actual animation, to increase money for marketing, which is most cost efficient. Yeah, it sucks.

why are you even doing this? go outside. take a walk.

Japan has surpassed the west though.

But akira and ghost in the shell are shit and poorly animated... And i've never heard of the others.

Who is this?

most tv anime are better understood as illustrated radio theater

Which one of you morons posted this?

CalArts

>But akira and ghost in the shell are shit and poorly animated.
pretty basic bait, try harder next time

I authentically believe their animation to be very subpar and that they are bad.

>animation to be very subpar
Why?

Ghost in the Shell and Akira aren't anywhere near as well-animated or visually impressive in general as the classic Disney films.

Because I'm spoiled by post 2000 animation.

If ghost in the shell came out in the 80's I would give it a pass.
If akira had come out in the 60's or 70's I would give it a pass.

Better but still much room for improvement.

Shit taste.

How?
Just because they took much more effort to make?
GTFO
Also, no disney movie is even comparable to the animation of The Thief and the Cobbler

We tried mature animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=JQO8MTlO69U

It didn't sell very well, but it was better than 99.9% of everything the nips have ever made.

That makes literally no sense at all, not for least because Akira has far more impressive animation than GitS.

They aren't as rich in movement as Disney works, but they certainly have very impressive scenes that can rival the latter.

There is not a single disney film with this level of detail, specially with lightning, even more impressive as it was animated on ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=_b9akEQQJng

>youtube.com/watch?v=_b9akEQQJng
Double blocked, try again.

>GTFO
Hello underage idiot.

It's not common, but the whale chase at the end of Pinocchio and the Firebird sequence in Fantasia are highly detailed in effects animation.

what did he mean by this?

>He thinks all anime is essentially moeshit and haremshit
I bet you haven't even watched anything by Fujiko Fujio
Not to mention the fact most of the good shit of the past never getting localized/translated
go back to tumblr
kys

It is prevented from being viewed embeded, and it is blocked in america.

>Fujiko Fujio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiko_Fujio#Works
There are 3 of them. Which one?

>dat ugly ass CGI
Is this bait

Sure thing dumbass.

>They aren't as rich in movement as Disney works
Disney's background art was stronger than their animation.

blocked in US

It was 2000.

Do you care for some classic animation?

>Disney's background art was stronger than their animation.
Strongly disagreed.

>weeaboo bringing up anime where it's not relevant

Bad nips < average nips < disney < warner brothers < good nips < ae titan < amazing nips

Nigger those are two people
One is Fujiko F Fujio and Fujiko A Fujio
More than half of the shit made by them is exclusive to japan only

>Which one?
?

Also it's 3 people, which is why I said there were 3 of them and asked which one.

Its easy when you can reuse animations.
youtube.com/watch?v=jZkUwGan5Cs

>Sure thing dumbass.

Show proof then.

>They aren't as rich in movement as Disney works

This is wrong in the case of akira

>This is wrong in the case of akira
You are so stupid it's funny.

youtube.com/results?search_query=disney recycled animation
youtube.com/watch?v=sWKo5veKjVU
youtube.com/watch?v=eSt6QMIaIQQ

Much better than reusing the same animation 3 times in the same work in under 5 minutes.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with nips doing this is they spent the resources gained from increased efficiency on better animation.

>Much better than reusing the same animation 3 times in the same work in under 5 minutes.
Did you just compare a multi million dollar theatrical release to typical low budget TV shows?

Show me a Disney fiml shot on ones.
The fat that not everything in akira is bouncing all the time doesn't mean is not more fluid.

Wow, that was super fucking enjoyable to watch.

The problem is that any gains in efficiency are offset by increasingly complex character designs and shorter production times. In the 90s the average TV anime would have 12 or less key animators overseen by one or two animation supervisors on an episode whereas now it's 6 supervisors overseeing a dozen animators and another dozen more on second key animation.

Low budget tv shows made by the same dozen companies for the past 50 years?
Companies that could easily recycle animation frameworks and then animate them with more frames and less labor?

Yes.
Where is the issue?

You don't know what fluidity is, idiot.

Never said that reusing animation is bad, m8. Just saying that they have an easier time making animation look good since they reuse what they already have.

>"Y-you just don't know!"
Nice argument

There's this guy who directs hardcore hentai called Takamuri Murakami I think.
I'd watch a show that featured his artstyle and close-ups.

You need to love Lain again.

Time management

Blame Tezuka.

Animation stopped being art and became only a mere commercial product. Not saying westerners are better, in that regard. I think only europeans have some kind of respect to animation as a way of art inb4 Wakfu

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoIoiN5aSQ

Serious answer: it;s much easier and more practical to animate large quantities of movement when the shot position is fixed on a fixed background.

Western styles of animation, especially from the golden age of the industry, are rooted int he tradition of theatre, and deliberately structured compositionally to imitate it. The scene is a stage, fixed and unmovning. The perspective is an audience, seated and unmoving. The subject moves on the fixed stage at a fixed angle, fixed depth and fixed perspective.

Contemporary Eastern styles of animation are influenced by western film and television traditions. The background and viewer perspective are rarely fixed, and editing features heavy use of jump-cuts within and between animation cuts. Animation constantly shifts depth and perspective to accommodate shifting angles of perspective, which emulates the free-form movement of a set of cameras capturing film in a movie. This style requires much more effort, and limits the amount of motion and detail that's practical to produce in each cut.

Western style: static perspective and frame, higher average subject motion detail in frame. Theatre-like.
Eastern style: dynamic perspective and frame, lower average subject motion detail in frame. Film-like.

Why don't nips just animate the camera and motion using 3d animation and then just trace?

The get the benefits of easy animation and saving on production costs.

Akira maybe, the others no way.

this

Anime will literally never reach the level of oldschool disneyshit as long as they keep doing it for money and pandering to the lcd otaku who'll will masturbate to anything 2D as long as it's "cute".

dailymotion.com/video/xzt3vb
Disney should just make a full length anime film in this style.

Isn't that what Hand Shakers did?

Over stylized characters with less than 4 colors. Of course it's easy to animate something that simple.
And at least Japan still draws by hand, not like Disney that dropped classic animation for shitty 3D.

Not interested.

A lot of them do nowadays, but there are limits to that as well and it still requires a great deal of work in general. For the schedule of a television series production, it pretty much just helps get the gruntwork done more quickly.