Kakegurui

>Basically Kaiji with actually good pacing and more intresting character save for MC
>God tier opening
>#1 watched anime of this season by myanimelist and AniList

Does Sup Forums hate it just because it's popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vXLUB0yneYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To you fellow anons currently typing out your posts who intend to seriously reply to OP, why?

Is the Council President a tranny? She looks oddly masculine conpared to anyone else in the anime.

To jump at any chance for interaction with another poster.

worst stake
lucifer is trash

>Yumeko
>not interesting
The fuck?

I think it's good. Meanwhile Sup Forums wants to discuss shit like Boruto and Re:Creators lmfao

Even OP has to admit Kaiji is a more interesting MC.

All 3 are garbage, on god not one good anime airing, i been on the backlog shit.

It has great intensity and the closing credits are brilliant, being all flashy, sucking you in in that sweet, sweet vice of gamble.

But man, what is it with all the "crazy" high schools these days in anime? They even skip showing class...

Doesn't look interesting and kaiji doesn't look interesting either.

Yumeko is good but Kaiji is just 10/10 MC. I'm not saying she isn't intresting

Made in Abyss, Boku no Hero and Kakegurui is the only good anime this season. If you don't agree you have shit taste

but Kaiji got good characters besides Kaiji?
well, to be expected from some bait that puts 1 on MAL as a good point

All 3 are fucking adaptions and 1 is okay, literally a waste of time watching.

You my friend have an excellent taste. I dropped everything else after 2-3 episodes this season.

The main problem with this anime is that the gambles do not seem to have actual stakes or tension in it. As for now, MC always knows everything in advance, revealing cheating literally doesn't matter and we don't even know how much money can she afford losing.
And does the main guy even have a purpose?
That said, I'm just that starved for gambling shit so overall for me it's good enough.

But that bitch isn't even as cute as Kaiji

Nah it's actually good. Don't listen to people who shits on what you watch. Watch what you want.

Asking something cuter than Kaiji is impossible thought.

On the Side note, which one you think would win in life or death situation?

but user it's my favorite anime for this year

>most of the comment are positive!
is this actually Sup Forums ?

its shit because its not kaiji

Why does no one mention the ED? It's great and fits the show's atmosphere better than the OP.

These are good points. Kaji at last fall in some trap. Yumeko seems to have psychic powers.

This is the power of a good show

>lucifer is trash
I will FUCKING end you, kiddo.

should i watch kaiji ?? i fucking love this show , also should i watch akagi firs?

If you love the gambling aspect, yeah. But Kaiji is very different overall.

I like it, but it's more like Kaiji with less substance but more style.

>Why does no one mention the ED?
Good question. It's clearly ED of the season. It's also weird how Yumeko looks both more mature and significantly hotter after taking off her jacket. Even if it didn't unbutton her blouse I'd feel like this.

Because this is a board for discussion and not everything is "bait", people are allowed to have different opinions from yours.

TAKE. THAT. BACK.

The ending sure is sexy af.

>Kaiji
>my life is le suffering and despair, oh woah is me
>Yumeko
>hello delivery I'll have one order of motherfucking cuhrazy pls

The only people that hate it, are the ones with shit taste.

subs ware?

The same place to get subs for every other show

Faggot.

>if you like PriPri you have shit taste
>mfw
you sure you didn't dislike it because you didn't understand it?
you should look for charts in the archive, a guy made charts explaining the various episodes

I know it's weird to say but it kinda gives me an EARLY yugi-oh vibe. In that everyone gambles for everything, the opponent is always cheating and the main character is just as dark and psychotic as the people they're going against.

I think that's what's gotten me hooked thus far. Also hoping to see a wider variety of games as it goes on. After all, you can gamble on anything.

My main issue is that it does a poor job of cluing the audience in to how the games are rigged. We don't get any insight into yumeko's thought process, nor do. we get any visual information that may help us figure out what is going on. Instead we are left completely in the dark for 80% of the episode, and at the end of every game we get a huge explanation dumped on us post-facto. Other than that, I'm enjoying the show, but I wish they gave the audience more of a chance to figure shit out themselves.

It's pretty similar. Though while early Yugi pulls out clever but simple tricks, Yumeko simply calls out the cheating,doesn't care, and wipes the floor somehow which will be explained later.

also its the opposite kind of gay
it's /u/-gi-oh!

I thought this was a reaction faces anime more than a gambling anime.

Kaiji actually was about using his brains, this seems more like magical gambling luck, most of the gambling Kaiji did seemed more like games of skill, almost like he was defeating the dirty aspect of gambling. This anime just seems more like "hurr durr, gambling is so awesome and fun when you get lucky and win, and of course we are only going to show the main characters winning 90% of the time.". Okay, the first episode she used her brains a little bit, but then she said she would rather rely on her magical gambling luck.

I like the show, and read the manga. But honestly, I just don't like the games themselves. Some of them just get too overly complicated and impossible for the viewer to understand what's happening until they explain everything at the last second. With Kaiji, the gambles lasted in episode arcs with at least 4 good episodes of pacing, sometimes more. And the stakes felt real.

With this show, I don't really know what the stakes are. I don't know how much money Yumeko even has. What does she stand to lose and gain? Also what purpose does the male character serve in this series exactly? I know at least in the manga, he is finally starting to grow some balls and take risks, I guess.

I think the reason Akagi worked, was because he was super OP, but the games themselves stayed relatively the same. So bit by bit, you understood how Akagi was good at playing mind games with mahjong if you actually understood the rules. But this series doesn't really do a good job with the mind games portion.

when the fuck is MC going to reveal his secret skills?

You're not wrong, it actually makes the pacing seem worse than it is because I pause so often to take screenshots.

I haven't read the manga but Episode 1 she figures out how the girl was winning based on community, Episode 2 she sees the spot on the back of the cards that identifies all the matches, Episode 3 she figures out the magnet trick, and then 4 and 5 is more about the long con of switching the value of their chips.

I'd argue that she's not depending TOO much on luck, although this is a gambling anime. Luck will always play a factor. As she said, A game where you know exactly how to win each time isn't a gamble and isn't fun.

You and I know very well why you like it.

>MC gets to plow this semen demon

you mean
>MC will at some point enjoy having his virginity forcefully taken from him by this semen demon

Episode 6 when?

>implying she's not going to gamble her virginity away from him in a high stakes gamble.
If he wins he gets to fuck her. If she wins she gets to fuck him with a strap-on.

I'm prefer fish

Spoken like a true MAL normie.

How come the guy didn't notice the switched plates? He even got suspicious of their cheating and STILL didn't notice.

Yes, the ED is perfect. I personally hate the OP. It's too in your face and I don't like the song.

didn't they switch before going in?

I'm liking the show so far but did it have to be set in high school

MAL scores are objectively correct 99% of the time though

Yeah, but they put the plates on the table, i.e. right out in the open.

They switched their declared values for the game and no one could knew. The whole school knew of Yumeko having the hugest debt of the school.
Switching plates made it seem Yumeko was betting with her actual debt, which she wasn't.

See

The guy is not a smart man.

The point is that wasn't seen as anything suspicious because Yumeko was "supposed" to have that value. They probably did something like "haha, oops" and he brushed it off since lowly pets are retarded.

He won two other games prior. Even by cheating, with all the cheating going on at this school, and with the stakes being as high as they were,I would assume there would be at least one other person who tried to cheat on got beat by him. Not to mention his experience being a third year or however how old he said he was. So it's safe to assume that he was at least decently intelligent.

It being brushed off was never shown on screen. With all the attention this show pays to detail, it seems like a pretty big oversight.

>With all the attention this show pays to detail
Whoops I always happen to carry a mirror with me lmao

>female protag
>uninteresting as fuck protag
>school shit

No thanks.

>not playing as Tits McGee

Anyone gets aroused by Hayamin's voice acting? She is fucking perfect.

She's a rich teenage girl. They're obsessed with beauty, so it would be safe to assume that she always kept a mirror for style purposes. But that's still a bit of an oversight, so yeah, maybe this show isn't as smart as it thinks it is.

Good nyaas.

>>not playing as Tits McGee

Why would you play as the shitty protag?

Are you one of those people that always go for the real mechs just because a thot pilots it?

>why would you play as the shitty protag?
I don't know, you tell me, you're the one that played with the nigger.

>nigger.

Ah, so that's the problem. Racism and thinking with your dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=vXLUB0yneYo

You stick to your whores.

>normie

Autocorrect

>And does the main guy even have a purpose?

He only exist for be the real MC. Yumeko it´s too perfect for be MC

Mary is more of an MC with stronger goals/abilities than him.

Pretty sure he meant the guy who hangs around with Yumeko when he said MC.

Now then why are the subs for this series so fucked?

Netflix bought the rights and won't release it until the season is over and they can load them up all at once. Also their translators are fucking awful. I guess it wasn't on the radar of any of the fansubbers left either.

So not even Crunchyroll is allowed to upload weekly episodes?

What a pointless scene. How about saying it when Yumeko's actually awake.
>Pretty sure he meant the guy who hangs around with Yumeko when he said MC.
Why the hell would anybody think that guy is the MC?

Nope.

>Why the hell would anybody think that guy is the MC?
He was introduced first and serves as a audience surrogate character
God damn, Netflix really is killing anime.

>What a pointless scene. How about saying it when Yumeko's actually awake.

I don't think Yumeko would have done anything more than say "Oh, cool!". It was more for Mary to prove her determination to herself and not anyone else.

Also she probably would have been too self-conscious saying something so dramatic to an awake Yumeko, since Mary isn't an exactly an expressive person who shares her feelings freely.

>Basically Kaiji with actually good pacing and more intresting character

She's not more interesting, the fact that Kaiji acts like a believable person alone makes him more interesting than that retarded stereotype you're using as a picture.

The fucking mahjong arc was terribly paced though, you're right.

I agree that Kaiji is better but Yumeko acting unbelievable and mysterious so far is what makes her an interesting character. We have no idea what her history or goals are or if she's even a completely heroic character, since she could do villainous things if it meant a better gamble.

I love that "I own this shit" walk of hers. I think the second highest rated comment on youtube (I know, youtube comments are generally shit) covers the sentiment behind it very well.
>my reaction when I bought all roads on monopoly

>We have no idea what her history or goals are
I'd say that we know what her goals are, to gamble.

What would sex with Yumeko be like?

>that "I own this shit" walk of hers
Not that user, but I think of it more as a "fool on a highwire" walk, with sexiness added.

>fool on a highwire
Moshi moshi, ESL-kun desu!
I've never heard of that expression and google doesn't help. What does it mean?

Do you know what a high wire is? Should be self-explanatory.

I was literally thinking of a circus performer on a highwire; at least, that's what her walk reminded me of.

>bland and dull characters
>story ?
>yuri bait everywhere
>women good at gambling kek

This show is so fucking bad