ITT: The best moments of self realization in anime

I've never watched Toradora but always heard good things so I decided to pick it up and this scene got me thinking about self-realization. The moment something in your brain just immediately clicks. Anime does these types of scenes quite well.

Got any other good moments, Sup Forums?

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for.

They should've started dating after that. The series dragged on too long

Very much this.

>Anime does these types of scenes quite well.
Scenes that are so over the top and ridiculous they make you embarrassed just watching them?

Taiga's a bitch.

Agreed, even after they confess to each other the whole "running away and coming back and Taiga leaving and coming back" Just seemed like they wanted to keep dragging it on.

Then you're just watching a shit show or piece of work that is not necessarily an anime.

nothing can top this characters arc and self realization
been rewatching the show and just watched this scene a few minutes ago.
still brushing away tears.

OP here. This scene is easily in my top 5 scenes of anything in entertainment, anime or not. Extremely powerful, in my opinion.Good post, user.

great scene stuck in a bad show

I'm glad we both agree, that normalfag has no place in the show.

This. Meruem is a god tier antagonist.

Can someone do a edit showing Taiga loosing all her life points.

i dont even know exactly what that was

poor 8man, he actually need some more self realizations

I've read good things about this movie before, but i don't feel like watching the anime, will I not enjoy the movie this way?

He probably made more people drop a series than any other character.

I never really cared for this scene, to be honest. I thought it was kind of hamfisted. Maybe it's popular because it's easy to understand?

Movie will make 0 sense.

You wont understand everything and the characters wont mean as much to you, but it's probably still a good movie to watch. You should watch the series though, it's only 22 episodes long discounting the Endless Eight.

I don't think it's hamfisted since most, if not all of Kyon's development lead toward this, from his unreliable narration to his relationship with Haruhi or contradictions between his speech and actions in the movie. The delivery is very good because Kyon is good at monologuing and just KinoAni direction. What did you dislike about it?

This is my favorite romance, but I hated that scene the first time I watched it. Still makes me unbearably embarrassed by proxy. However, I would also say that the scene isn't really for Taiga or Ryuji. It's more for the other three. Sets of the nature of the main relationship more explicitly. I'd say this scene isn't even realized fully till the second to last episode.

It depends a lot on how you feel about Kyon, and how badly you wanted/needed for him to be the MC instead of Haruhi. He's an easy subject for self-insertion because he's (kind of) smart, endlessly sarcastic, skeptical and with a wicked sense of humor, so watching him be triumphant like that (even if it's over himself) was what so many people were hoping and waiting for.

It's a good scene, but it's horribly misunderstood as "Kyon being a boss" instead of the revelatory climax of the whole series.

A+ filename user