Violet Evergarden

Second PV is here
youtube.com/watch?v=M_Zdfcdl3mg

Other urls found in this thread:

anime-recorder.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?seq_no=14091
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does Kinoani do it?

Because they treat their people well and aren't fucking toei.

Can she have sex

I expect a lot of downgrading.

>Netflix exclusive
>only available internationally in Q2 2018
Dropped

Wait, who's directing this one again?

It's Ishidate, so abandon all hope of this show being any good especially when it's got schlock like this:

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

>Her artificial arms consisted of metal rings from the shoulders to the fingertips. But it was only them. Despite the many scratches, other than the arms, the rest was surprisingly real skin. With that delicate body, she did not seem at all like a mechanical doll, but a relatively normal human being.

>With everything he had believed in until then being mantled over by the shocking revelation, Oscar tried to confirm what he was seeing many times.

>“Master.” Violet called with a voice that seemed to be judging him as he continued to ogle in astonishment.

>“UAAAAAAH! UAAAAAH! UAAAAAHAAAAAH!”

>Part of the outcome of that incident was Oscar’s screaming. The other was him half-crying while going beet-red, after having yelled on top of his lungs, frantically inquiring, “Are you human, after all?!”

>Wrapping a towel around herself, Violet plainly commented, “Master is, truly, a troublesome person.” Her cheeks were rose-dusted as she muttered, her face a little lowered.

Yeah, it's detachable.

>Ishidate
Oh wow, yeah. I don't expect much. At least it'll look nice, I guess.

Yes, with proper upgrades!

Who's the guy who hugged her?

>trying to apply video game terminology to an animation

I coule be wrong but it seems like the footages here were improved. I don't remember the celebration of the ships maiden voyage having that much of a crowd.

Hopefully when VE's over they keep doing worldwide projects like this, it seems to be really advancing their range and caliber as a studio even half a year from broadcast.

>not watching the 1080p version

Looks amazing

Looks visually boring

Is any of Kyoukai no Kanata's staff working on this? Overall style reminds me of it.

Yes, Ishidate is the director.

>Kyoani milfs
wew

KnK was hot shit. I hope this doesn't suck like that did.

>Usagi Drop-like story
DROPPED

KnK was only shit because of the source material. Every single episode Ishidate directed for other KyoAni shows were great, he's a good director.

I don't mind even she don't have a vagina. Just smear lubes on her groin

Wallpaper: the animation.

Kinoani does it again

They only make one or two shows a year
While most studios do multiple a season

Their shows look nice but are overall still shit

so it's basically the most consistently high quality animation of the current animation standard, much like Akira was back in the day

interesting from the technical standpoint, but there's not that much going on in any other respect

Netflix paid really REALLY fat stacks of cash for exclusive rights to this, Kyoani's already making returns even before it airs.

All of those scenes were from the first episode.

I hate to spoil things for you but she's actually just a girl with robot arms.

>tfw nobody will ever hold me like this

>much like Akira was back in the day
I really think you shouldn't compare cel animation to digital animation.

They give it away in the first episode. I was kinda surprised.

In the LN they can get away with hiding that but in animated form no way they can believably lead the viewer to think Violet is a robot given the not-so-techy setting.

Gilbert most likely

KyoAni should stick to shows with only cute girls, they can't draw men worth a damn.

And here I thought it is going to be interesting take on how AI can gain emotions and interact with humans.

But nooo, it is all the same waifushit.

It is kinda about that, but replace the AI with an autistic weapon of war.

I've been looking forward to this adaptation since the light novel won that award a few years back, the one that KyoAni decided none of their best selling series were good enough to deserve. Already a bit spoiled but I'm curious to see how good it could possibly be.

WOW SO MUCH KINO!!

Sorry, it's not Time of Eve.

How can a human be autistic weapon of war?

I can always hope for more, right?
Especially to counter all those "AI is going to destroy us" alarmist.

She has retard strength.

Wait .. so she is genetically engineered supersoldier?

Looks like they brought back Gilbert's original design/hair colour. Good, blue looks bad on him anyway.

anime-recorder.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?seq_no=14091

>Netflixは2018年1月より、京都アニメーション最新作『ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン』を日本で配信、さらに春から全世界配信することを明かした。

I don't understand Netflix. It's like they're running like a headless chicken.

They are inviting us to pirate their shit.

So basically everything KyoAni makes?

No. Just a girl who got raised to be a soldier at the expense of everything else.

Not like it's much different as they're still majority hand drawn.

Holy shit, this whole part was out of this world. KyoAni showing us the limits of animation. Just when you don't think they can do any better, they somehow do.

Animation is good but it's not impressive as it was in LN commercials (even though that was expected).

It's just the lighting, his hair is still blue.

What's with the line underneath his eye anyway? Is it supposed to be bags? It just looks silly.

wow it looks really generic

>It's just the lighting, his hair is still blue.
His eyebrows are darkish brown. I don't think it'd match if his hair is still blue. I guess we'll see when they finally show off his face. And yeah, it's to probably show how old he is (isn't he like only in his 20s though?) but I agree it rather looks silly.

At least i'll be good for my eyes and ears, too bad everything else will probably be dogshit.

Looks really gorgeous and vibrant. I can't wait to see the second short animated.

>bargain bin seibah
Please stop this.

>KyoAni could have animated Kino no Tabi with this level of visual quality

Damn.

>hermes wouldn't be in 3D
Fuck.

Damn Kyoani looks pretty good if only you had competent writers and directors it might be worth watching

Who's this Saber?

I have a feeling that they would love Kino.

How hard would it be to trick Violet into having sex with you?

I think it would be piss easy.

I wish KyoAni were the ones who animated Re:Creators, so it would've been atleast enjoyable, just remove infodumper character. The animation really looks great on this I can't wait.

This one show probably cost more than entire studio Trigger with all their works.

At least pick a studio that doesn't have an animator's union.

The purpose of this scene was to reveal that Violet wasn't an android to a man who was so depressed that he was clueless about the service he had hired. The anime is adapting the novel in chronological order so it's likely they'll cut this scene out.

Other shows (12 Episodes) would have cost roughly $2 Million animation alone. But this one might have costed over $4 Million.

KnK was good.

Maybe if you were a dying virgin and that was your last wish.

Subs NEVER

Didn't it got confirmed a while back that Kyoani's production budget is actually quite average? I guess Violet being an exception makes sense with how high quality it is.

dropped

>2018年1月放送開始 x 全世界配信
I don't think KyoAni understands how Netflix works.

Yeah, basing themselves in Kyoto instead of Tokyo saves them a ton of money.

The 2017年1月 only applies to the first half :^)

>I want to know...!
>I want to know what "I love you" is!

>The young girl without emotions

>The girl doesn't yet know...
>...the meaning of "I love you"

I want to know what love iiiiiss
I want you to show me

Can animation only carry the stalest plot of all?

Isn't she supposed to be around 10 in this scene? She doesn't look the part sans her height.

If this is like anything recent KyoAni series, it'll prioritize photography over animation.

me

The anime seems to be covering parts of the second novel so I hope this is gonna be two cours. It's almost impossible to squeeze two volumes worth of content into 12 episodes

I didn't know there was a ceiling for hype. It looks so good but I already knew it was going to look perfect so I'm not impressed anymore.

The PV looks promising though, at the very least it'll be better-animated than Euphonium.

This is all from the first episode since it's being adapted in chronological order. It's reportedly one cour so I have no idea how this will work out.

>I want to know what 'I love you' means

Ladies and gentlemen, how should we teach her the meaning of love?

Where did you hear the one cour thing from?