Jury awards more than $37M to family of Korryn Gaines

> A Baltimore County jury on Friday awarded more than $37 million in damages in the civil lawsuit brought by the family of Korryn Gaines, the 23-year-old Randallstown woman who was shot and killed by county police after a six-hour standoff in 2016.

> The jury of six women said the first shot fired by Cpl. Royce Ruby at Gaines, killing her and injuring her then-5-year-old son, Kodi, was not reasonable and therefore violated their civil rights under state and federal statutes.

> The jury awarded more than $32 million to Kodi in damages, and $4.5 million for his sister, Karsyn. Gaines’ father and mother were awarded $300,000 and $307,000, respectively, and the Gaines estate was awarded another $300,000. No punitive damages were awarded.

archive.is/qcZqO

That's an expensive nigger.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWs8eptsK1w
iep.utm.edu/legalpos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>niggress posts hundreds of videos talking about killing police
>final showdown and is armed
>bodycam shows her armed and using the kid as a shield
>her final twatter upload is her telling her son that they are going to die today holding a shotgun
>cops are at fault

Fuck that tribe of Balti niggers

>37 million dollars in free gibs to agitator that confronted policeman just doing his job
>this won't encourage hundreds of other hoodrats to do the exact same thing

>can't build a wall because that's too expensive
>let's give 37 million dollars of taxpayer money away just because a darkie got shot for obnoxiously agitating a police officer

No you really hit on it. It's that blacks are being brainwashed by the media to hate cops. I don't like cops, out of the number of interactions I have had with them none have been positive, but here is a case where racial tensions that are being deliberately inflamed in this country are having real world consequences. What's going to end up happening is white cops will move to white areas, because no white cop is going to do his job if it involves getting on a jury in front of blacks that are going to convict him based on the color of his skin. See: South Africa.

>getting on a jury in front of blacks
That's the thing, isn't it. The Jury of Your Peers is not working if it's a bunch of nogs looking for a chance to fuck with whitey.

Mmmmm........ No.....

The jury system works insofar as a system will ever work. "Peers" doesn't mean people who look like you or even YOUR peers. It means "Peers of the Community", and its 100% OK legally speaking if a black man on trial for his life gets a 100% white male cop jury, or if a cop gets a 100% black woman turboliberal jury.

There are deeper issues at work here than the 300 year old jury system this country has. It worked fine for literal centuries. It's older than the nation itself. The jury system isnt the problem and legally speaking is probably the most redpilled system still in this country.

The issue here is community and racial division.

>Jury of 6 women
>Random
choose one

Jury selection isn't random. The author just knows nothing about the legal system. Voir Dire is the process of jury selection and each side gets to kick a certain number of candidates out for no reason at all. The reason there's no men is almost certainly in part the fault of the defense.

>taxation
>without
>representation
$37 million worth of it.

>The issue here is community and racial division.
No shit.

> Family attorney J. Wyndal Gordon donned a Colin Kaepernick jersey before speaking to reporters. He said he was “filled with pride” that the jury made a decision to make the family whole.
> “Royce Ruby was nobody’s hero. He wasn’t a hero to his comrades or fellow officers. He wasn’t a hero to the community. He was a coward,” Gordon said.

youtube.com/watch?v=WWs8eptsK1w

I know its obvious man, but some people here are fucking retarded. You point out to them that politicians deliberately inflame racial tensions and they act like you just told them kennedy faked the moon landing to repurpose the rocket to send him back to his lizard homeworld of venus so he could fuck his own mother and be born in a time paradox.

sauce on theory?

She unironically got into a standoff with SWAT using a shotgun and her niglet as a shield because she refused to pay a fucking parking ticket. What was the cuck jury thinking the police were supposed to do? Just walk away and let it slide?

Their argument is that they gained entry to her home unlawfully (the landlord opened the door for them) and their negotiation didn't follow protocols or something.

Why do niggers get the best lawyers and awarded millions but when a innocent white person is killed by a cop they just get paid leave and the case dismissed.

gib me dat whitey

Really? I thought it was totally legal for the landlord to give access to police, so I'm not sure about that. The negotiations thing is just retardation, she fucking started shooting at them.

race issues aside, i honestly cant understand how these arbitrary rewards get handed out, can someone explain to me how exactly burger judges make these outlandish assessments that the family deserves $37 million? How do they explain and reach such a ludicrous conclusion? why isnt there a body that keep them in check and reviews these decisions? How many of these "someone gets tens of millions for no reason" cases do we need before people wake up and these situations get rectified?

>Corrupt jury system

6 women to judge a male cops actions. WTF?

i hope nobody steals the money from Kodi

Jews love to defend them.

Not to worry. I'm sure it will all be wisely invested.

I'd also like to know this.

Unless this sheboon was a doctor or somehow making millions of dollars a year, this will most likely get overturned and significantly reduced in appeal

>are being brainwashed by the media to hate cops.
No they just fucking hate whites
They aren't "brainwashed" this is just how they have always been
They will kill whites if they can get away with it
The police are the standin for "whites" that they like to use, partially because the police are arresting so many criminal nigs

Anyways this is just the ghetto lottery, you get a family member killed and your fellow nigs give you millions, paid for by whitey.

Ultimately the issue is the lack of segregation, and that the state is run by marxists.

? It's nigger juries awarding money to niggers

that's a lot of grape drank and 40in gold plated rims on 78' chryslers.

Kek, another victory for the rotting carcass of Baltimore. More dangerous than Detroit and no end in sight.

good, fuck the pigs

I also would like to know this, I'm a victim of such arbitrary cases myself

This happened to me,Im a daytrader and a businessman, most years I make around $200-$300k, but the year my whore of an ex-wife left me in 2011, I had earned $850k, the most I ever made in a single year, really an outlier to end all outliers. The past couple of years my game has been completely off due to depression over this shit, Im barely making around $80k before taxes, and there was even one year I had a net loss trading. Im STILL forced to pay her $11k a month because of my income that one year. And we didnt even have kids, She is now pretty much vacationing 24/7 and living the grand life with my money and has been living with the same guy for 4 years (I am convinced the only reason they havent married is because I wouldnt have to pay her anymore) and i have been trying to get the alimony reduced or thrown out, but the dried-up cunt kike judge is refusing to take into account that my income has changed. Meanwhile, my ex-wife has already brought and is renting out THREE houses even though she doesnt have a job, ALL with my money.

On top of all that, the few times we have met since the divorce she treats me with utter disdain and disrespect

American "justice" my ass

>be american
>get shot
>be millionaire

current state of the states

It's been 4+ years and you still make so much income and you still can't find a competent law firm that can find a way through the court to save your ass?

Every nigger on Earth wouldn't be worth $37 million.

nigger juries will always side with niggers.

>can someone explain to me how exactly burger judges make these outlandish assessments

"As an historical matter, positivism arose in opposition to classical natural law theory, according to which there are necessary moral constraints on the content of law...The word “positivism” was probably first used to draw attention to the idea that law is “positive” or “posited,” as opposed to being “natural” in the sense of being derived from natural law or morality."

iep.utm.edu/legalpos/

It's basically Nietzche's slave revolt in morality--resentment gives birth to values. So the positivists claim that they do not make moral decisions, however, their decisions are indeed moral--usually shrouded in words like egalitarian, utilitarian, social justice, etc. I just call them communists.

btw all of this was payment for about 6 years of biweekly (at best) access to a prime 10/10 blond woman's vagina. ENTIRELY not worth it, she was the definition of a dead fish who just laid there because she was too hot to have to put any effort into sex.She also was the most vapid women I ever dated, I don't think she ever made a single intelligent point or ever discussed anything beyond mundane everyday things. I now understand (too late) why China has a proverb about ugly wives being better.
My income has been shit the past few years, my mind is clouded to the point I think I'm self-destructing on some level. It's all futile and pointless

Q predicted that.

A cut rate lawyer could get it adjusted, I know you're depressed and it's hard to kind of see the light in this situation but try contacting a couple of firms and see what your chances are. You can still get out of this hole.

checked. don't be sad user! if you're white have lots of kids and teach them well. If you're not white I guess just necking yourself so you no feel the feelz

Taxes were a mistake

You should have picked your own cotton

Different states have different ways of calculating wrongful death damages. In the U.S., you can't be awarded punitive damages against a government agency (and she wasn't), so usually it boils down to the lost support and services she would have provided to a spouse/child, lost net accumulations (what she likely would have left to her inheritors after death) and in many places, emotional distress for spouses and children. I'm assuming that her award was mainly emotional distress and lost of support/services to the child. It still seems way too high. People who were making far more money have been awarded far less.

Black juries notoriously treat injury awards like lottery winnings. You always want blacks on your jury in a personal injury case.

White cop who lives in suburbia being judged by his peers. Peers being jobless anti-cop city dwellers...

Yeah works good man

This isn't a criminal case. Civil cases can be brought either where the defendant resides or where the incident occurred.

Top kek frog. Do you honestly think they are going to get 37 million? The city will appeal this and it'll he another drawn out court fight. In the end the niggee will get $10 to $15 million still a hefty loss for Baltimore.

I remember this when it happened.

She was a complete paranoid schizo retard, and wanted violent confrontation. Was desperate to provoke it. Seemingly had the IQ of a downie too.

And yet her family have just won a 40 mil jackpot from the taxpayer?

Lol.

Don't ever call us cucked again burgers.

It’s not justice.
There are economic factors that play into consideration.
This seems awfully high award amount even with today’s low interest rates. At most maybe $15m.
To say not punitive factored in already on the surface seems mathematically/economically unsound.

Who cares, the $37mil is all coming out of the pockets of Baltimore tax payers. Another crumbling Democrat city that's about to go Full Detroit.

Bound to happen when an officer stands in front of a jury, esp in a city

This.

thanks user i was almost worried there for a minute.

Yeah sure in the scope of the universe it's all "futile and pointless"
You create your destiny. You create the worth in your life. You create the meaning for what you do.

If you've really been this capable of being so wildly successful (relative to 99.5% of the rest of the population) the only thing holding you back from going further is being subsumed by little bitch emotions.
Stop being a little bitch.

>changed to $20 on appeal

Hello LARPing shitposter pretending to be from New Jersey. Such an odd choice.