One Punch Man

*blocks your path*

what purpose does this guy serve, again?

He's a real life shitposter who thinks he's better than everyone and is ridiculously far up his own ass.

Pretty spot on

he is you but stronger

It's not just about shitposting, real life is filled with people like him. He doesn't care about your life-philosophy, what you like and what you want to accomplish, he only cares about results. Rebuking him is also hard, because he does not consider himself as one of the said people, he does not think himself as a hero, however he has all the right to criticize them because their performance will affect his life multiple possible ways.

>Rebuking him is also hard
I can call him a fucking retard.

He isnt wrong tho

He's not right because he doesn't propose any other solution.

> you have to fix other peoples problems to be right about them

Being an asshole with valid complaints

fucking stupid logic

If a dam is cracked and a random guy notices and tells the police he's still right about the dam being cracked even if he doesnt propose how to fix the fucking dam

So what should they do? Not send out heroes period? Heroes are not Gods, they are just humans fighting for the sake of humanity. The guy is just coming off as a completely ungrateful shithead who thinks he can do better. He's not the one going out there fighting giant monsters, risking his life to protect innocents.

That's a stupid analogy.

You call the police or anyone who would fix the crack in the dam to solve the problem

What is happening in the manga amounts to calling the police and saying "The dam has a crack in it and it's your fault somehow.

It's more like complaining that in war your army's soldiers die.

This is retarded, anons. This isn't some hole in the wall; monsters are pretty much natural disasters. There's a limit to the abilities and technology available, and even if they're put to their best use, it may still not be enough to overcome the disaster.

In fact, fuck, man. We went over this with the conclusion of Garou's arc, Garou wanting a perfect hero who could save everyone every time. The NEET's complaints are pretty much the same as Garou's, except Garou's dissatisfaction came from an emotional place while the NEET was just being a shit, like you two.

The thing is Garou actually took action, unlike the NEET.

>This guy talks shit when Mumen Rider stared down the beast, even though he knew he stood know chance.

Why are you telling me this?

That the NEET is the kind of person to complain but refuses to take action.

Are you just trying to bump the thread by talking to me like this?

>all the right to criticize

Right is an illusion.

Subjective. For him to be right everybody would have to agree with his definition of what is a hero. His reasoning isn't wrong, but his conclusion is only right for people who think his premises are right.

Heroes should know their own limits. Even if he is a weaker hero he can still help with tasks on his own level but dying pointlessly is not beneficial for anybody.

I'm making conversation, trying to add to your point. Why are you getting so upset?

But what if there's no one else to stand up to evil?

The entire point of the hero association is to provide people who can stand up to them. Why do they claim to do the job when they can't provide the manpower in need?

Shows it only takes one shitposter to ruin your reputation then the entire crowd turns on you. They were all cheering for Saitama seconds earlier.

This logic is retarded. You dont have to propose another solution to point out a problem.

Nobody has actually refuted the dudes point

>Weaker hero stands up to a threat too great for him, but gets bailed out by the stronger hero

Never get tired of seeing this.

>Why do they claim to do the job
Because they're doing it better than everyone else clearly.

I don't know if you noticed user but the hero association isn't exactly capable of dealing with some of these threats. I mean deep sea king crushed 2 s ranks albeit sort if low ones. So far it seems number 2 is the only one that could've stopped most of the threats saitama has, and I'm pretty sure the big alien boss wouldve destroyed the surface of the planet fighting her

He has no point in the first place. It's like whining about the fact that the electricity has gone out in your place because some fucker crashed their car into a utility pole or something and blaming the electric company for it. It's completely out of their hands.

In actual fact, there's even a law about this. Force majeure. It's not within their capability to handle an existence like the DSK, so they can't be blamed for failing in their duty. It's out of anyone's control. Even if you talk about bringing in the S class, it still takes time for them to travel around, you know.

>Born into poor family
>Criticize your family for being poor
>Your family gets pissed at you for being an ingrate
>"Hey I'm just pointing out your flaws"
This is what you sound like, an entitled child.

They are clearly not doing it well enough, winning the Paralympics still makes you a physically disabled retard.

Yes, they are incompetent, that's what I'm talking about here.

fucking love it

As Sup Forums self insert

They're trying their best. Why can't you accept that humans are not perfect and rather than crying about how useless we are you try to help out instead?

"Giving your best" doesn't mean anything if you don't have results. And why would you ask somebody with even less abilities than that to help?

>And why would you ask somebody with even less abilities than that to help?
You can fucking train for one, like almost every other hero.

>*blocks your path*

A fuckin straight right to his faggot face

Hero exam has two parts, remember? You need to write an essay to describe your motives and your want to save others. How are you expecting somebody to save lives and property without any desire to do so? You should have some respect for people who don't want to be heroes.

>You should have some respect for people who don't want to be heroes.
I wouldn't mind if these people felt as if they had any right to criticize humanity's only defense.

Mumen rider standing up to a foe so grotesque and powerful was a testament to his true bravery and heart as a hero. In short, of all the myriad of government "heroes", he's the real deal, and that deserves acknowledgment.

Pointing out faults in the only defense you got is not a right? Might as well censor all sorts of media too, which could mention any fault in an established system. Why don't they have the right to talk about it? Because it hurts somebody's feelings? Or because there are people who don't want to talk about it? Pointing out faults is more important than silently letting things slide by.

I'm sure he could have been more efficient by rescuing people and fighting off lesser seafolk. Pointless sacrifice is dumb.

>wahh muh censorship
No we're just telling you to stop being a entitled manbaby.

Strawman, serves as a way to make the reasoning of one bald man to appear more meaningful.

Way to cherrypick one word from an ongoing argument. Then again, that's like your opinion. It doesn't change the fact that the heroes are doing like shit.

"Incompetence" implies that they could've done better, that they made a mistake. If you made the best possible choices, but the problem is still far too big to contain with 0% errors, then you didn't do anything wrong.

Oh yeah? And how do you know that no mistakes were made?

It doesn't change the fact your mom cried when you crawled out of her womb either.

>Pointless sacrifice is dumb.

At the time there was NO one else who could stand up to him. And the people around were desperate for any kind of hope no matter how small. Even if the outcome was a given, hope is still hope.

If the heroes gave it their all, then they didn't make a mistake. There are some problems that can't be completely contained. Batman can't beat Doomsday, no matter how much prep time he has. Would you say Batman's doing a bad job?

Hope is the dumbest possible reasoning one can get in any circumstances. It implies the situation is dire yet by some arbitrary reasoning you can go towards a faint glimmer of light in utter darkness. Getting such to such a flawed state is up to argument but pointlessly keeping up people's expectations is just cruel. Giving people hope is the most cruel thing I can think of. Winning the lottery is a hope too, to get out from deep poverty but no one can ever rely on it. If the outcome is given, how could you rely on something so absolutely flawed?

He's a smug asshole but he's half correct.
How many disasters have been happening since the coming of Saitama ? Heroes weren't even that useful outside of containing damage.
And then this C rank guy comes out of nowhere and kills the monster that even supposedly top ranking heroes couldn't handle.

Why didn't you reply to ? Couldn't come up with an argument?

Batman creates far more problems than he solves due to his way of half-assing his job.

tbf, Saitama is like SSS-rank in terms of power. He's only C-rank because he registered late, so all his previous villains weren't counted.

Not really a good analogy. The guy was discussing the concept of what a hero is. He thinks that a hero is somebody who defeats the enemy, because if they didnt, then anybody could call themselves a hero even if they dont actually accomplish anything.

To use your example would be like. People want to be called electricians who supposedly fix electrical problems without actually fixing it, yet receiving praise from their profession without showing results.

So your implying for the people to just sit on their asses and die not fighting at all? If you're gonna lose anyway might as well go down fighting, and who knows? by that hopeless, last ditch action something might just happen that'll turn everything around. In this case its holding the sea king off from killing everyone long enough for saitama to appear. That case is true in real life too bruh

That's only for his human enemies; he doesn't hold back when it comes to bigger threats, like aliens.

To be more accurate would be like if your parents wanted to be considered rich, yet they are constantly impoverished, and you wish to point this out to them because they didnt get the necessary results to use the term

Batman is such a racist.

The system is flawed. There is no meritocracy.

You're assuming he knows things like pride and selflessness, which he clearly doesn't. If he was in the same situation, he'd be crying on his knees like a bitch, begging them to kill his family first before him.

>You're assuming he knows things like pride and selflessness

Who you talkin about? Mumen rider? because he clearly showed that he didnt care if his efforts wont really dent anything, but said that he has to try anyway because of heroism spirit.

I'm still reeling at the loss of my sides when I found out King was there for Saitama saving his ass all those times.

I really like that Saitama's gaining his own fan club.
Headphone Hero when? Best boy Garou when?

If Mumen hadn't stood up to the Sea King then Genos would have been dead before Saitama arrived.

>Option 1: do nothing and have a 100% chance of dying
>Option 2: do something and hope that the 0.000000001% chance of success will work out
By your logic people should always choose option 1.

If none of the weaker heroes helped, everyone in the bunker including the neet would be long dead.

But he DID do something. He bought time for Saitama to come so that the people in the shelter didn't get killed instead. He definitely saved people's lives, if that's not being a hero, then I don't know what is.

Why is he drawn so sexy and feminine? Seriously why?

He's from the village of fucbois.

The thing is, hero is a vast term. Anyone can be a hero. You don't need a license or a monster record. People who try to help others (but don't necessarily succeed) in dire situations are heroic by definition. In OPM's universe heroes deal with all kinds of shit.

If you rename heroes to precisely "monster/bounty hunters", your analogy would make some sense. Otherwise the NEET was just spouting bullshit to appear smart. He could've easily become one of the heroes by interfering and distracting the monster too.

Even then you can't say a person has to succeed at their job every single time. You can't just go to a surgeon and tell him to do a heart transplant in the next 24 hours. Fuck him if he fails.

He basically says the things people would either keep in their hearts or post anonymously online. The unwanted and disgusting truth. He says it freely because he is a NEET and doesn't need to follow social rules as he has nothing to live for. If you want to know how someone really feels, put them in a position where they will not lose from whatever they do.
He's also autistic though.

Being a hero is more of a mentality than a job, actually. Either way, heroes take action no matter how hopeless the situation may seem. That's what distinguishes them from civilians like the NEET who'd rather sit on his ass and comment.

>The unwanted and disgusting truth

There was no truth about this. He acting like those heroes could be replaced and are unnecessary, while that's totally wrong. They were here and that allowed to save lives by giving time. Saitama being invincible and one shotting everything doesn't mean shit if he isn't here.

Does anyone want this guy to show up again so that he can insult Garou, who in return breaks every bone in this smug little shit's body?

Imagine if he was handsome and looked smart, would you still think we was an asshole or would you think "he is harsh but he's got a point" ?

Looking at how much people hates Sweet Mask, that wouldn't matter. Asshole ugly and asshole good looking are just as punchable.

I mean does the OPM universe have any sort of military? I know they have a police force but they're pretty shit.
A good military lead-up by metal knight and some other strategists would probably deal with most sub demon level threats before they even became an issue.

Probably wouldn't make for a fun manga though.

That would be nice to see Garou get a reality check and called for the all the shit he did and said and how much of an asshole that makes him.

The writing at the end of the arc putting the blame to the heroes while making Garou sounds like a good person was a fucking joke. It was near "he was the coolest guy" tier.

ONE is the biggest Garoufag of all.

Why? NEET most likely isn't brave or stupid enough to openly insult a powerful villain. The closest equivalent to such a scene has already happened anyway.

Which honestly doesn't make much sense with how horribly flawed he made him. I have a hard time believing he doesn't himself know how terrible and dangerous Garou was.

Him fighting Metal Bat was one of the best examples of that. Without him around around, MB could probably have dealt with Elder, who wouldn't have done so much damage to the city, and the kidnapping of the kid could have been adverted. People then saying Garou "saved" MB and Zenko just after he beat him to a pulp thanks to having an overwhelming matchup advantage was a fucking joke.

He's like a guy beating up the police/military while terrorists are roaming free and killing people.

>user still in denial about Garou's pure intentions
It's okay. You'll have to sit through Garou saving even more kids now. Until you get it.

> "save" a kid that tried to help her brother whose he beat up for no reason and who was trying to stop the monsters roaming free
> "save" a kid that got kidnapped directly because of him
> the rich kid also got kidnapped because he was beating up Metal Bat

Well truth may have been an overstatement, but what he said is what some people harbor in the recesses of their minds.
He's still dumb because the choices of every single hero made it so that his ass wasn't dead. Regardless, people still think this way.

ONE will likely attempt to make Garou more sympathetic in the redraw. He will probably do this by emphasizing the HA's flaws more than anything.

> beats up all the heroes as hard as possible until they can't move
> make them curse their powerlessness, which triggers Evil water
> was gonna let Evil Water kill them

He's the "coolest guy" alright.

Or he'll do the opposite by showing off better his flaws through the writing. He already was wanked enough in the webcomic.

>Or he'll do the opposite by showing off better his flaws through the writing.
He doesn't have to change anything to do that.

Shut the fuck up, you don't know shit about hope

Missing the elephant in the room here again. Her brother actually tried to murder him. Garou never did and doesn't need a child or Mumen Rider to hold his hand.

Garou is morally above the heroes most of the time and their personal failures aren't his fault at all. You'll just have to deal with this fact.

His flaws are obvious. when you think about it, but not when you just follow the story. i'm mostly thinking about the ugly kid defending him and shitting on the heroes.

> Her brother actually tried to murder him.

Because he was litterally in the way and allowed what is pretty much a disaster to destroy the city, and which probably killed some people.
I repeat, he's like a guy beating up the police/military while terrorists are roaming free and killing people. There is nothing to defend about him.

Yes, ONE has already made Garou much less ambiguous in the manga. There's no doubt whatsoever that Garou has a huge soft spot and doesn't kill people. And new scenes with Bang in the manga basically exist to reinforce the idea that Garou is just misguided and needs saving himself.

Man I remember people actually doubted that TTM and Rider were still alive in the webcomic. Good times.

>unironically trying to justify murder
Off you go. OPM isn't for you.

So how are you justifying the fact Garou was gonna let the heroes get killed by Evil Water? Which were unable to move because of him?

I was thinking about how the Gatling scene will go. If people are correct and now Gatling goes after Garou instead of the opposite it shows a hero willing to chase down and attempt to kill an already beaten to hell human.

This.

Garou won't get stopped by Gatling here, I have no doubt about that.