Greetings Sup Forums, I will be your mahjong opponent for tonight

Greetings Sup Forums, I will be your mahjong opponent for tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
tenhou.net/0/?L7447
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't owe anything to your mafia friends go away.

sure, i'm waiting in 7447

I don't know how to play. I always assumed mahjong was like Calvinball.

Ha! Faker? You're not enough good enough to be my fake! I think thats the famous line from Akagi.

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

Fake Akagi was moe. RIP.

Just read Akagi, it's pretty easy to pick up.

>Fake Akagi was moe.
The most moe.

I thought Kaiji was supposed to be the moest

>0:0 everywhere
You liar

;_;

I was in the room alone before

Didn't understand mah jongg, so I checked out Kaiji. What an awesome series right up to the shitty pachinko "reuse the same three shots of balls going into holes" finale.
Does the manga at least get better?

Morita and Yukio are probably truly the most moe FKMT characters. Or jokingly, Kurosawa as the most moe But Kaiji is definitely up there.

>Didn't understand mah jongg
>Does the manga at least get better?
Guess what game was Kaiji playing next in manga?

Saki will bloom brightly atop the mountain of Yakuza's corpses.

>disliking pachinko
Next part of Kaiji is Mahjong.

God damn it. I guess I'll ask my grandma to hook me up and take me to one of her gambling nights. I gotta learn this damn game.

Kaiji is for loooong battles, you might like Zero more. It's the shonenest work of the author.

I learnt mahjong and I only experience more suffering.

The manga goes straight to mahjong, that's the next part. Albeit not real mahjong, a simplified thing fkmt made up. Maybe give it a try. It's not hard to understand. It might interest you in actually learning mahjong and moving on to better fkmt series.

Well, they didn't play normal mahjong, but you still need to learn all hands to fully enjoy that part. And knowing hands is 80% of knowing how to play riichi mahjong.

truly the devil's game, that mahjong...

Call back when you graduate from third rate.

Or you could just spam tanyao or yakuhai.

jealous as fuck, irl game looks so esthetic

It was so grueling seeing the same damn animation of a silver ball kind of getting near the hole and seeing the guys "run out of cash" like five times. I also couldn't stop thinking about how that machine must have reeked of piss days after that old guy wet himself on top of the balls pile. Like, how the fuck do you clean something like that?

Yeah, sure is.

I've always wanted to play on one of those automatic tables. It looks cool as fuck.

Toitoi is the true noob hand. For tanyao and yakuhai you need to learn and memorize manzu tiles. For toitoi you just collect similar looking characters and call pon.

>still 2:0
Yeah, it's pointless. Sup Forums doesn't know how to play anymore.

>Sup Forums doesn't know how to play anymore
I'm too scared to play. It has left me scarred and traumatized.

It's kinda simple actually. You start with 13 tiles and you wanna make sequences (2-3-4...) or groups (3-3-3-3) with them. Every turn you draw a tile and discard one. Your goal is to get to tenpai where you only need one more tile (your 14th) for your hand to be only groups/sequences + one pair of similar tiles. There are also some obscure nip conditions (what the fuck is a yaku anyway?) but you don't need to know them because fuck these.

To complete your hand (and win), you get this 14th tile by drawing it (win by Tsumo) or when another guy discards it (win by Ron). You look at what the others discard to get a hint of what hand they're building (some are worth more than other) and what they're waiting on.

That's the basics. You don't need anything more to pick it up.

>There are also some obscure nip conditions (what the fuck is a yaku anyway?) but you don't need to know them because fuck these
Do you actually play the game?

No because only autistic people play mahjong

it's scary, sorry

0:0
;_;

sure, why not, let's wait another hour for 2 more people

H-How do I join? I played on tenhou long ago but getting stuck in 3-dan hell was too much for me.

maybe he just keeps his hand closed always and hopes it works? can you play knowing tile efficiency alone?

tenhou.net/0/?L7447

you can figure it out from here

Same shit, played only irl.
What buttons to push?

Is Akagi's philosophy suppose to be based on some old japanese samurai shit?

>just keeps his hand closed always
It's not gonna work most of the time.

>0:4
Well, thanks guys.

No, Akagi is just a literal madman who only barely feels alive when he gambles with his life at stake

it's deeper than that

maybe something like: he's a sort of mad man who is obsessed with truly living life, and the way he hopes to achieve that is by getting close to death, and also stripping his opponents to the core of their being?

Join me in spectating then, user.

he is a kid who discovered he can do one thing good and took pride in that. Then yakuzas happen and got him addicted to crazy shit. Not sure if he even was in a high school

what did you think the first time you watched akagi and saw that bigass nose?

It doesn't bother me too much until the profile of a character's head is in frame and you see the full definition of that bigass forehead and the chin that goes on for miles.

I'll never forget the moment he turned his head for the first time. I got used to it later.

I think the "getting close to death" part is more of a side effect rather than a means to that end. Or in other words, Akagi is obsessed with truly living life, but thinks you cannot do that if you let yourself constrained by fear of death. For we all have to die someday. So what does it matter when exactly it will happen? That's why he can bet his own lifeblood like it's nothing. As long as he is living his life intensely, that's worth far more to him than playing it safe to delay the inevitable.

Ironically, because he does not fear death, he is far better equipped to survive his insane gambles than those of his opponents who cling to life and consequently fail to go all out when they should.

I seriously got into fkmt because I saw someone use a reaction image of Kaiji for something. So I guess the first thing I thought after seeing that bigass nose is "Where do I find more???"
I find the style really charming.

>what did you think the first time you watched akagi and saw that bigass nose?
This is my fetish.

He's detached himself from life and its bonds, wanting to be himself to the very end. I think there is also something about truth and that his demise is the thing he really owns more than anything else.

I really like how his desire to truly live life becomes what drives him to tragedy in Ten. Like his strongest point being also his undoing. What an amazingly written character over all. I can't believe how much I love him without being able to really relate to someone like him almost at all.

I watched a ton of madhouse thrillers at the time and the thing that bothered me was their dirty pink gray cadaverous palette they used in their every title ever, but in Akagi it is indeed a warmer one, just like on your pic. Still a gray mess but warm, due to old yellow light bulbs used as indoor lights. Who cares about noses

That's getting a little too real, user...

nose?

Sometimes I wonder if FKMT ever got tired of drawing mahjong tiles.

No.

I reckon he must have assistants? I've wondered about how they would cheat at drawing the tiles so many times. Like screentones for the drawings on the tiles or just computer editing, but I don't think that's the case.

nose

He gets his assistants to do it

RadShiba here. Kokushi attempt almost fucked me out of my flow.

W-welp, i was pretty much raped.
Just tell me, where is fucking RON button?

Bottom right. Did you make a hand without yaku?

Nope, i got furiten once, because didn't see button with this shitty glass design and moonrunes.

>-50.0
How did this happen?

shouldn't you be "helping out" Ozen?

Welp, I didn't play on tenhou for years, don't know moonrunes, and riichi on early parts of round got me several times.

it happens when you get less than 0 points

D-don't tell her!

DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT BE AFRAID

i spectated. was rooting for you, but it may have been a little arrogant, no wonder it backfired. great job anyway though ;^)

That moment in the OP when, set to soulful acoustic guitar, Akagi sloowly turns his magnum schnoz to face the viewer after a dramatic PowerPoint transition still gets me every time.

Worst thing is if I hadn't held out for the last hatsu and threw away my pair, I could have gotten a honroutou toitoi. Hubris will be the death of me.

I want to hug Kaiji and tell him everything will be daijobou

rules were not clear enough. just kept clicking random ones

recommend me an offline mobage mahjong to train. I have this one called Maujong which would be perfect but the winning requirements are translated and it's confusing

You can change language in settings.

Double ron.

Posting

well woe is me guess I'm stuck with "half flushes" and such.

NANTOKANARE

gg nice comeback

This actually helped me when I started learning.

Finally found this fucking button!

great comeback maru chan, what goes around comes back around

gej

How the fuck do you use the Winds and Dragons? You can't make sequences with them, so you have to group them by 3? Like 3 Red Dragons or 3-4 North Winds.