Anime fucking sucks these days

Anime fucking sucks these days.

When's time last time we had a real great story of hero's journey, with the real stakes and epic conflict escalation?

>real great
>real stakes
These are things you associate with when you first got into anime.

Hunter x Hunter ended in 2014 and it was miles better than Gurren Shit you fucking pleb

>The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
-socrates

>watching some gay manga adaptations

Are you gay or something

>anime sucks these days

Anime as a whole was never as good as you thought it was.

>his pic is gurren laggan
What anime is it youre referring to when you make these requests? Hopefully not the one you used a picture of.

>When's time last time we had a real great story of hero's journey, with the real stakes and epic conflict escalation?
Why would you want to watch self-insert garbage like Gurren Lagann?

Epic post, my nigga. What's your Twitter so I can follow you for dank memes, unsourced art and manga that you cropped and forgot the source for?

*dabs ironically*

Don't watch bad shows.

It's going on right now. Get out of your bubble and onto the ride.

TTGL was mediocre and it being idolized just goes to show how many were under 16 when it aired.

Your opinion is mediocre and you thinking it was worth posting just goes to show that you're under 16.

because "gay" he is wrong
Wow, what a loser you are

calm down TTGL was good but have his problems

all might spin off precuel would be better than hero academy

>garbage show that suffers from all the cliches shonen always does

Yeah really saving anime bud.

>Anime fucking sucks these days.
Because it was a lot better back in the days, right? Don't make me laugh. Just take a look at the picture you've posted.

Stop watching bad shows

Name 5 anime released in the past 2 years that are better than TTGL. I'll be waiting.

Uchouten, Tsuki ga Kirei, Rakugo, 3gatsu, Fafner Exodus, Flip Flappers. Its not like TTGL was particularly good anyway. There are plenty of shows that came after that far surpass it. Limiting it to the last 2 years is pretty fucking retarded and doesnt really help proving your point.

>trying to act like a smart-ass
>not realising that history is cyclic and Socrates lived during decadent times

You're setting the bar extremely low.

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

TTGL is just discount DBZ with added shonen. Take out the training and actually working for your goals of DBZ and replace it with MUH FRIENDSHIP POWER, make the power scaling go even more apeshit than DBZ to make up for the lack of tension, and wrap it all up in hamfisted, in-your-face "MANLY" so that the 14 year old kids without a father figure can imprint it onto the on-screen characters. There you go, you got TTGL.

>b-but there was no friendship power
Just because it's called "will to achieve" or whatever the fuck doesn't mean squat, it's still derived from the desire to help or protect their friends. Most of all, it's still given through nothing: while Goku trained day and night for weeks and almost died several times (sometimes just straight up died) to be able to beat the villain, in TTGL a monologue and wishing to win really really hard is enough to overcome anything.

Modern shonen almost always try to ape DBZ but they completely miss this part.

>Anime fucking sucks nowadays
Can we stop this shit already? People have been saying that ever since the 90's, always for different reasons, always giving arbitrary arguments to justify their own nostalgia goggles. If you don't like anime nowadays, why do you keep watching it? There's like a bunch of things you can do instead.

>DBZ
Do you mean that anime where the powers have no dynamic, characters spend more time training and looking at each other than fighting, villains are generic bad guys wanting to blow everything up, characters motivations begin and end with ''being strong'' and also where tension doesn't exist because characters can always be revived after dying?

TTGL is overrated, but at least it gets basic shit writing shit better than DBZ.

Why dont you stop watching anime and read Mushoku Tensei

Imagine having trash tastes like this

>Self-insert

???

>young boy finds surrogate father figure that takes him on a great adventure fighting over the top battles with the bad guys while teaching him what it is to be a man

Sounds like a great self insert for children and manchildren.

It's about character interactions, not conflict.
All conflict you see in media is an illusion, due to the formulaic nature of storytelling.

That's a coming-of-age story. But I should know better than to expect Sup Forums shitposters who have nothing better to do than to put down stuff just because it's popular to understand even the basic concepts of literature.

You can give the MC of a coming-of-age story a personality. TTGL didn't.

TTGL was one of my favourites, but you're wrong that "it sucks these days", watch more anime and not just the fotm meme shit.

He's not the guy sharing facebook memes.

Yeah but don't say it while posting shit.

Do you even Kemono Friends?

>Sup Forums hates TTGL now
What happened?

Stop watching anime and read something good like Homer's Iliad instead

Eclipsed by Lucky Star since day 1

>real stakes
The japanese are beta cucks that are scared to upset their audiences. Either that or the writers are often just shallow. Sometimes good stuff happens though.

The only reason you ever had the impression that it was like was because of the live watch threads for the final EP.

Besides it literally being in 70% of 3x3's?

3x3s are usually 1 of 2 things: the user desperately trying to appear to have superior taste or him trying to fit in desperately. TTGL is added becuase of the latter. That however neither means that they think its insanely good, nor does leaving it out mean that they hate it. Just becuase people say its overrated in this thread doesnt mean its hated, but thats generally a problem with this board. If you criticise something its interpreted as hatred. The show you criticise can be your absolute favourite but talking badly about just a single aspect of it will make people jump you. Its utterly retarded. When a person seriously implies that his favourite work leaves no room for criticism, you know that youre talking to someone who is too dumb to bother with.

Read the Iliad.

That would be fair if there was criticism beyond the level of "its shit".

O

the only thing that movie gave us was topless yoko and topless nia. other than that: it was Gurren Lagann in 2 hours.

MY

RUBBER

NEN

OP posted a TTGL pic so I think he'll like this series.

>NEET pedo MC

dropped

Gurren Lagann was shit after the Beastman War. Puny minded children are the only ones impressed by robots bigger than the galaxy and a shitty story

You're better off dropping it now.

Everything is CGDCT, SoL, Comedy, RomCom, and stupid ass idol/moe bullshit.
While I can dig some SoL, Comedy, and RomCom, CGDCT and moe shit are idiotic.

He was a literal boy molesting fruit and helped destroy rome with his feckless feelsy intellectually dishonest ramblings.

Shinsekai Yori. RIP in peace Squealer.

pretty much everything is boring ass SoLs that cater to 20 year old kids that think they're watching Kino. Top kek.

>muh dialog and characters

my god, kys faggots. Boku no Hero is a decent shounen, but that's about it really. Shounen guys should just stick to DB Super and forget about meme seasonal garbage.

Anyone who says SOL and CGDCT are "character driven" shows immediately reveal themselves to be retards who don't understand what the tern means. That being said, your comment reeks of newfag and you should leave

>Anyone who says SOL and CGDCT are "character driven" shows immediately reveal themselves to be retards who don't understand what the tern means.
Then what does it mean?

I doubt you've watched more than 40 anime

Google is your friend. This is basic writing shit.

>SOL
>not character driven

You're right. Its just fap driven mostly with doujinshi.

I'm not gonna argue that people misuse the phrase all the time but if SoL shows aren't driven by characters then what are they driven by? Certainly not the plot!

ttgl is really good , but overrated. and last battle was boring

I think he may be alluding to "situations" as plot driven. It's a valid point, but CGDCT aren't really gag comedies like Nichijou.

It's not driven by anything. It is nothing, so calling it "character driven" is a criminal misuse of the term. At least learn eat the term means before trying to use it to defend shit.

Then watch Naruto and Boruto save the world over and over again. Fucking manchild

Last season

>hero's journey
HAHAHAHAHA

>It's not driven by anything
So you just admit you have no clue what the appeal of these shows are?

I can't even imagine being this stupid.

This thread really shows how far gone Sup Forums is now. So many Sup Forumsermin here and nobody calling them on their obvious shit taste and having seen less than 100 anime, probably less than 20.

>If you don't like anime nowadays, why do you keep watching it?
He doesn't. People who say this act like they know a lot about anime but they usually haven't watched anything from the last 10 years at least. They are appallingly ignorant.

literally cry more bitch.

tell me about it

I've seen probably 1000+ anime, and most of them are shit, especially recently.

>So many Sup Forumsermin here
Op posted a picture with TTGL. Who did you expect would show up?

Nah I agree with him, TTGL is a fairly boring show.

heck no

>hero's journey
You are worthless as a human.

probably kenshin