>probably Indian
>a fish
>one Asian from Japan
>the rest are Americans
>Black and White are Irish

your turn

Terraformars.

Nobody cares about your diversity meme. Go back to Sup Forums

Brazilian, Russian, Japanese, Half-African, American, Swedish, French, Austrian, Raccoon and upcoming fish

>upcoming fish

>Implying he's not already part of the strawhats

more like confirmed fish. get fucked

>>>/reddit/

Is that for your research about diversity in anime? You should reconsider your political alignment.

why so triggered?

I'll show you a trigger

keep niggers out of anime its literally the only escape I have from the spiraling the toilet of civilization

>only 2 women

DIVERSITY

We're posting punching bags now?

L O L

O

L

>no blacks
Then it's diverse according to Hollywood

L O L

O

L

>Ivan
>Wop
>Frog
>Kraut
>Redskin
>Chinaman
>Britbong
>Negro
>Nip

there even is a jew and a black guy

Hetalia

wtf i hate bebop now

muahaha

The man's an artist, can't really expect much from his political views. Disappointing but unsurprising.

I feel like Black Lagoon did the whole diversity thing right.
Benny being a jew came up in like, one line, and only because they were fighting against neo-nazis. Dutch being black and Revy being chinese/american didn't even matter at all because they were good enough characters that they didn't have to rely on that to give them depth.

Nips, two Russkies, British, black and white Murricans, Chinese, Swedes and so on. The main setting is alternative reality New York, so no wonder.

How was he german?
He looks like a pink skinned anime orc.

Japanese, American, Russian, Indian, made-up South American country, and Moon

Those women look delicious, is the series any good?

it is fun, wouldn't say anything otherwordly tho.

I liked it
I loved the world building and style of it
at the same time it might be 'too chaotic' for some people
if you like 'wacky' series this might be for you
>judging by my own taste I discovered that I really like weird series so this was up my alley

This. I believe diversity should be flavor context and not the main focus. If you want to make 'diversity' characters more memorable, at least make those traits more subtle and actually focus on giving them 'character', not serve as representations.

>half Japanese half American delinquent
>Japanese introvert student
>French knight
>Egyptian fortune teller tour guide
>British grandpa
>American dog

They all play off each other very well.

Oh fuck it, I'm lucky, I can post this here, because the thread just died and the topic fits:
>main character is not American or American in spirit
Why is this so rare in popular US-media?

In all honesty: it's not terribly unusual. And jap MC aside, there seem to be way more anime with a foreign setting, foreign main cast or foreign characters than US media.
In fact there also seem to be more animu with non-jap MCs than Hollywood stuff with non-american ones (and we should include de-facto-Americans, like i.e. Luke Skywalker).

Yeah, thanks, exactly my thoughts.
By itself diversity is a good thing, because it makes the cast more varied and flavourful. Stuff like Strike Witches would have been much less fun if everyone had been japanese.
But there are also cases when someone does it just for the sake of being diverse, and then you have the huge risk of making everything boring, by drowning the plot, of making annoying stereotypes (all those token niggers), of ending up like the abomination that would have been Saban Sailor Moon etc.
Or you make a new Star Trek Original, but that's too unlikely.

well, first off America is a far more diversified country than Japan
we can have characters called Black Dynamite (Black), Rick Sanchez (look at that name), Jake Long (Asian), the Belchers (all of them ambiguously brown)-
>they're all Americans yet all have different ethnic backgrounds
this list gets too long:
America is a country formed by immigration, by the mixing and mingling of races and ethnicities
and their media reflects that

Japan was formed by- the complete opposite- by cutting themselves off from the rest of the world

maybe there are more animu with non-jap MCs because artists see it as a form of escapism and exoticism

>there's also European animation but nobody cares about that