You should be able to solve this

D

The question is malformed.
You need to clarify what "correct" means.

0% because 33.3~% is not an option.

I know it's bad form to respond to these threads, but it's 50%. It's a word-trick because the question says 'answer to THIS question', answering any 4 choice question at random is typically 25%. But since 1/2 of the options are correct, it should be 50%.

It'd be one in three right?

Ok but you first.

But 50% is only one of the options

I replace your options with options E = 100% and F = 100%. AND THUS I CONTROL MY OWN DESITNE

the joke is that it's cyclical
first, since typically only one answer will be correct, you say 25%, so A or D should be correct.
but now the chance is 50% since two answers will work, so now the answer is B, but since the answer is B now, that means there must be a 50% chance for the answer to be right, which means it must be A+D, which loops back into itself.
if you see this loop and say "okay, so no matter what the loop will break, it's 0%," that means the answer is C, which you will have a 25% chance to get to, which means the answer is A or D, which.....
you get the idea, yes?

This thread has nothing to do with anime/manga. Please take this shit elsewhere.

C how can I ever be correct if the question isn't defined?

No no, what I mean is: Both A and D work, because in general answering a 4 choice question randomly yields a 25% chance. But the question is worded such that it's asking about itself. Because both A and D theoretically work.

Nothing from the question implies the answer will be among the multiple choice, the answer is 33%. Wew

It depends if "this" means the question being asked (which would encompass the multiple choice, as without it, the question doesn't have a ruleset) or "this" means "the following question," in which case you can break the loop.
I think the former is what's implied more heavily though, and why the question was made (to be funny and make people argue).

I'm wondering where you got the 33% from, though...

Hello plebbit

>steins;gay

You're right that "this question" is ambiguous and would be determinative but I don't follow your reasoning on the latter scenario, how do you get 50%? I understand your not using the multiple choice but I don't see the reasoning.

that guy is basically right

if you were to choose any of those answers at random, each leads to a paradoxical / undefined conclusion about which is the correct choice

Step 1: There's no base question, so there could never be a correct answer. (including C atm)
Step 2: meta question shows that you could never derive at the correct answer to a question that wasn't ask, so the answer for this is 0% aka C.

There's three choices, and if you pic randomly from those three you'd have a one on three chance of being correct, only there's four options so that's not true and I'm wrong

So then it's 25%

>yfw it says 'random' but never specifies 'uniformly distributed'

go back to school.

.......yeah. It's heavily implied that you're randomly generating between A-D, not the three actual answers.
The chance of getting 25%: 50%
The chance of getting 50%: 25%
The chance of getting 0%: 25%
It's cleverly designed to loop back in on itself, but also to start the same loop over if you try and break it with a 0%. The only way to "beat" the question is to look into it's amateur writing and try and derive a secondary meaning to the question, or the disregard the question entirely as being false.

I'm at my nation's top university, all the resources in the world can't make me not retarded

B

Your answer is either right or it's not

It's not amateur writing it's specifically designed to have the behaviour that it does.

I don't even know what this is asking. Please kill me, I mustn't breed.

Bottom-most bone on number 9 moved to make the minus sign into a plus sign. The 9 is still a nine and 6+3=9

Move one of the bones from the = on to the - to make 9-3=6

Move one of the equals sign bones to below the subtraction sign

Nope, the 9 only counts as 9 the way it looks.

That woudl make it 6 = 3-9 and 3-9 is -6, so nope.

I'm saying it's amateur writing because you could prevent people from trying to break the loop by specifying better the link between the multiple choice options and the written question. It would (possible) prevent people from typing things like or . The idea of the question is smart, but it's not perfect.

6 - 3 < 9

There is no question at all if you think about it, so there is no answer.
It's a typical Makise Kurisu troll question. These questions are either unsolvable problems, or like here questions that aren't questions.