Watch pic related

>watch pic related
>it was bad, but not only regular bad
>it's so bad that now most regular-mediocre series became watchable for me because almost anything looks decent in comparison
>mfw I realize that being too patrician only made me have less fun watching anime

For that I think I am grateful for you, Asterisk War, thanks for being the most effortless anime ever created and allowing me to be able to appreciate most subpar shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adrjrh6BMhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

congrats on reaching anime nirvana

watching battle harems is pretty comfy if you settle to just enjoy the girls and groan at the clichés. some are better than others but whatever, they all have at least something enjoyable even if it is just a new set of character tags to look up on pixiv

I never got why this got shat on so hard. It was very much "regular bad." There were a number of worse battle harems that year (Kuusen Madoushi, Fafnir, Isuca), and even that season Rakudai was about the same level.

Watch more anime
It's not the most effortless anime ever created from the production point of view because it had good animation budget. There's plenty of battle harems that have exactly the same writing as Asterisk while the animation is far worse.

For me Asterisk War is a series that gives you the feeling that the writer don't give a single fuck about anything, all characters are the most common anime archtypes you can imagine and the plot is just a excuse to show how badass the MC is. Even most of the shittiest anime I've ever watched give me the feeling that the writer is trying to do something decent but it's just too incompentent to achieve it, while AW looks like the cheapest cash grab ever created.

How long have you been watching anime?
This season alone has show with lazier writing.

at least the setting was a little more interesting than your average battle harem

>6 thematically distinct schools on a floating arcology city
>schools self-govern and appoint representatives to lead the entire city
>under-table dealings between schools, arms races and espionage
>frequent school versus school blood-sport spectacles held in the city center

i liked the politics

The politics are the most nonsensical thing in the series, it tries to be dystopic while setting the series in some generic first world looking city.

It's definitely not a good show, but as a battle harem it's really not that bad. Sure the MC is boring but the girls are okay (at least design-wise) and the animation is pretty nice. I disliked that they focused on tournament fights but in the end I still finished it because the show looks pretty. The only thing I really hate about it was the last arc, it's basically a beginning of a new chapter but it's the end of the show. Should've ended at the end of the tournament and just make beach episodes or something as the last episodes. Also the OPs and EDs are fucking great, ED2 especially is absolutely beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=adrjrh6BMhw

I don't really remember any "politics", they just fought each other and that's all, pretty much like in any other similar tournament arc.

Asterisk was still better than Rakudai.

I liked second ED more than the overrated first too

My real problem with them is that they are never fully adapted. The cliche of a first couple arcs being set in a school that gives out missions got old back in the shounen days when Naruto was new. I want to follow a story further for once.

It was hastily cobbled up to fill the void Infinite Stratos left then it switched publishers. and it shows

They were cool in concept but they make no sense

The song is great, but the animation makes it even better. I fucking love the casual look of the characters, and the atmosphere matched perfectly with the song.

It wasn't that bad, actually just average. Your standards are too high for anime.

I didn't hate the show, but it was good to see the obvious cash grab that got advertised so hard fail.

Yeah, my favorite part is the one with Ayato and Julis right before the chorus

Fuck off Rakudai shitter. Your anime was garbage and you're still just mad it didn't get two seasons and a game like superior Asterisk did.

Reminder to ignore both Asterisk and Rakudai and just read Antimagic

Thank you for summing up why I'm enjoying Isekai Smartphone

Does Claudia wins?

>540x304
>That filter
No, you fuck off.

Those are some fine-looking uniforms.
This.

>tfw the anime was so bad everyone forgot about it
>LN series is god-tier

ON MY OWN
INVISIBLE WARRIOR

too bad that battle harem(or just harem) is a concept that don't appeal to me at all no matter how much I lower my standards, it makes me feel like a even bigger lonely neckbeard than I already am.

asterisk > Shit > rakudai

>I never got why this got shat on so hard. It was very much "regular bad." There were a number of worse battle harems that year (Kuusen Madoushi, Fafnir, Isuca), and even that season Rakudai was about the same level.
the production values were "ok" and the music was probably the best thing about the show. the problem is the writing which was piss poor and generic as all fuck, which snowballs into the characters who are aweful, which then snowballed into a mediocre director who couldn't direct himself out of a paper bag and you have something that's pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. If you have little discernment, and like anything as long as it has swords and cute girls, sure it's as good as any other battle anime harem trash, but if you have even a modicum of critical discernment, then you'll see why something like Rakudai was a vastly superior anime on every level even if it didn't have that polished look.

except for the fact it was clearly an attempt to be "academy city" (index) only no where near as fucking interesting. This was an attempt at a cyberpunk setting without any understanding about what makes cyberpunk interesting. it was a setting that failed on every level other then background art.

here's your (you) fuckface.

I liked the animu and the LN.
pls translate

I thought it was pretty decent compared to all the other battle harems
I liked the ED's as well so that's probably why I give it a pass.
But seriously, why didn't he do it?

because neckbeards who want to self insert wouldn't be able to identify with him anymore if he got laid

Now watch Mahou Sensou and achieve anime Nirvana.

>xD
Fuck off.

I actually quite liked the premise of this series. The heroines weren't too bad, antagonists needed some more polishing. What really let me down in this series was the bland as fuck MC. I mean I wouldn't say I disliked him but he's probably the dullest MC I've seen.

Oh hey it's the asterisk shitposter again

OP is Great-tier
Ramus Faber doing the OST and composed the ED is a God.
Too bad they wasted it on a dull series.

Are you funposting or too new to know the joke?

I actually kind of liked it.

What the hell is up with everyone referencing MGR every time the LN pops up?

amen

A lot of reminiscent moments where the lyrics fit too well

Is the LN good? Been looking for something new to read.

It's surprisingly very entertaining. Even during the anime the stakes were a lot bigger in comparison to the next tournament battle setting the other two series had. The first four volumes aren't the most amazing things ever but during those early stuff there's foreshadowing bigger things to come. I'd definitely recommend it

Well at the very least the sister is extremely interesting.
Shame it isn't a manga.

It even plays out like a shounen battle manga too

How does it feel to know that battle academy harems are dead and have now been replaced with Isekai harems?

Most of both are shit anyway so I don't mind

I'll take edgy Gary Stus in edgy fantasy stories over another average Japanese highschool studentâ„¢ any day. As far as the standard for lazy factory-churned works go, you could do worse.

I also want to point out that the "factory-churned" problem is hardly a flaw that's unique to the anime industry. Literally every popular genre has a list of cliched tropes that any retard can lazily copy and paste together, and a large portion of any booming genre is going to involve loads of uninspired shit, often enforced by the publishers/broadcast company. It's pretty much inevitable.

Again, as far as this problem goes, you could do worse.

>Isuca
Now this was some real garbage. Even in the season of generic harems, it was the worst of them all.