youtube.com/watch?v=dDdkTZJxb4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8Sf5-tS5s
youtube.com/watch?v=lTYwCZEUC94
youtube.com/watch?v=yfR9haRPlSc
youtu.be/jTIJMq_Fo_Q
youtu.be/BRKxsGT8bFc
youtu.be/juXOFwKDXgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disagree with the third point most lot of the time the series grinds to a halt just to bring about exposition dumps about stuff you should know to follow the series.

even (pre-timeskip) Naruto was better in that regard

>Exposition dumps
This

It will never be finished, why are you wasting your time watching it?

Love the series but it doesn't seem to have much of a set path to it. Goes from exam arc, to tournament arc, to crime drama, to card game arc, to sci-fi arc about human nature with the MC's goal of being the top hunter kinda taking a back seat most of the time and him getting shoved into the background.

Hard to get invested in the trials and tribulations of the characters, stories will be interesting though.

Because the episodes are enjoyable and at least most of the arcs had conclusions. Still worth watching.

FMAB ? TTGL ?

AHEM

>inb4 the journey is more important than the destination.

But yes, I agree with you. This manga will never have a satisfying conclusion and it is full of ambitious plot lines that while some of them are very good, rarely truly live up to your expectations.

That's one of the appeals.

I used to read One Piece for free wheeling adventure but it took itself too seriously and has boggled down now. It's no longer as fun as it was leading up through Alabasta.

HxH takes itself more seriously than One Piece imo

For me this is a plus. I like pretty much every arc for what it is. It would be boring if the tone had been the same the whole time and had been a typical adventure show.

Sometimes it does. But it works better imo. One Piece would have been better with a more lighthearted adventure vibe. The themes in HxH help validate the more serious tone

I like Boku no Hero Academia better

even though it is a fusion of three genres Sup Forums hates

Togashi writes whatever story he feels like writing at the time and then tries to insert the cast of HxH into that story.
The tone should be mostly consistent in my opinion and only gradually change naturally. If a story has a good structure and doesn't drag on, you shouldn't get too tired of it. In my opinion a fictional story should be finished within ten years after it started, otherwise authors risk getting too influenced by other stuff and might stray too far away from the original idea or just get bored of the story. I will probably be given shit for this, but the Full Metal Alchemist manga is a great example. It was a manga that ran monthly for a little less than ten years yet still managed to tell an epic story competently written from beginning to end. Meanwhile something like HxH will soon reach its 20th anniversary and is just about to enter its most ambitious arc ever while at the same time the Togashi only releases like 10 chapters a year.

>Is hunterxhunter the best shonen anime?
"Blocks your path"

step aside girlyman

Only once with the Chimera Ants, and I have to wonder if Togashi was bullshitting his way through that arc with the human monster theme. None of the other arcs were that deep. Contrary to popular belief HxH has been edgy since the beginning and ants didn't do anything new there.

One Piece went bad when it started to paint broad strokes about social injustice, pretty much after the timeskip. There was some of that here and there before, but it never predominated. Arlong was a racist but Luffy didn't care about that, racism only became the focus during Fishman. Doflamingo was morally wrong and the Straw Hats fought him for it, with Crocodile or Enel it was due to a conflict of interest.

I read manga for fun, if I wanted self flagellation I would read leddit or tumblr.

The Hunter Exam was so much better in the 99 anime.

>>kickass soundtrack
But HunterxHunter has a shitty soundtrack.

Why don't most shonen follow the Jojo model? I'd allow your story and characters to actually have satisfying and meaningful conclusions while still allowing the writer to milk the series for as long as he cares to. Why the fuck does the same asshole need to the cover of absolutely everything except for brand recognition? Something that wouldn't matter if the point is the status quo changes every so often regardless.

One Piece is apolitical quit trying to use it as an excuse to force Sup Forums on Sup Forums. we have LoGH for that

yeah it was pretty painful in the chimera ant arc, i didn't think it was bad before then though.

as i said, not perfect by any means, but for the most part, it was good, 6 maaaybe 7/10

i forget jojo is shonen way too often, it feels so much more like a seinen. so hxh is second best.

>fmab

forgot about it, i agree it tops hxh

>ttgl

not shonen, just a good anime

I like to think it's a great series for a battle shounen

calling it "the best battle shounen" is questionable (giving any battle shounen that title will create debate) If one were to call it the best manga or "practically seinen" though then I would probably laugh at them.

it's up there, don't get me wrong, but the anime isn't quite far along enough yet to be considered one of the best. they really, really fucked up with stain.

>racism only became the focus during Fishman.
Fishman Island was fucking garbage, dropped halfway through that arc.

i forgot about both of these because i'm retarded, forgive me

now that i think about it i forgot about dbz too, this is a grave mistake

Stain arc was when I began to like the series the focus on Iida, the philosophy of heroics and how it will direct the rest of the story, and the MC finally fighting without breaking every bone in his body. It tells me that even if it's not there yet it certainly has the potential to do so.

what

youtube.com/watch?v=dDdkTZJxb4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8Sf5-tS5s
youtube.com/watch?v=lTYwCZEUC94
youtube.com/watch?v=yfR9haRPlSc

most other tracks are good too, fitting for the moment, i just picked what stands out to me. it has an excellent soundtrack

my intention for the thread was for some debate and discussion :)

even i forgot about other huge ones like fist of the north start, fullmetal alchemist, jojo, etc

i should specify a little bit. stain arc was amazing, but compared to how it was portrayed in the manga, the anime people fucked it up. in the manga, he's a scary intimidating foe at the very end, but the anime "just make his eyes red and the sky red and everything red, that makes it intimidating right???"

I think your links are good, but I consider a majority of HxH tracks to be wholly forgettable. Hell, I forgot them as I heard them where as
youtu.be/jTIJMq_Fo_Q
youtu.be/BRKxsGT8bFc
youtu.be/juXOFwKDXgs
These were fitting for their moments and had a more lasting impact on me.

Also, OP 1? Really?

ay bruh i love op 1

and yeah, while the soundtrack isn't particularly memorable for the most part, it always adds to the scene extremely well, they use it to it's fullest extent.

also golden freiza sounding like a bloodborne boss theme GOT DAM freiza is the best

Forgetting someone?

i expected discussion but i still forgot about
>dbz
>rourouni kenshin
>fist of the fucking north star
>fullmetal alchemist
>jojo

should i end it all?

It's not the best shonen ANIME but it is the best shonen MANGA.

well i am rewatching so i would have to agree

If you're talking about battle shounen than it has a decent stake to it, but I prefer Dragonball. If you mean just shounen in general than no. Devilman is going to be the best shounen anime