Girls und Panzer Movie 90+ Weeks

The official blog for the Girls und Panzer anime franchise announced on Monday that the Girls und Panzer der Film anime movie has, as of August 13, sold 1,454,048 tickets to earn 2,501,970,524 yen (about US$22.9 million).

That's 90 weeks and its still in one theater till end of month. And when the final comes out, you can bet it will be back in theaters for another run. They really want to beat SAO I think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPc4ABEZiJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Panzer are just the best.

SAO has over 3 billion yen when you count overseas sales. It's not gonna beat it.

>SAO has over 3 billion yen when you count overseas sales

Why do people have such shit taste?

reminder: actas didn't get any of that money.

>reminder: actas didn't get any of that money.
Fundamentally what made the show work was the character designer and the director, neither are Actas employees. Actas as a studio have not earned any credibility.

No one cares about SAO. It actually underperformed if you consider is only made 2.5billion in Japan.

Won't beat Monogatari movies in the sales that truly counts.

Those are technically legal right? I'd love to see a Sherman Calliope show up in GuP one day.

And it's their own fault for choosing money upfront instead of a percent of the earnings.

You forgot to translate the red text.

2.5 billion isn't underperforming at all. Especially for a late night anime movie.

Can someone tell me WHY the sticks of dynamite are attached with fuses in the first place? Wouldn't just setting off the one stick in her hand detonate the whole thing?

>Those are technically legal right?
WW 2 rockets just aren't that good. You might hit something if you arm all ten tanks and have a barrage, but after you fired them then what?

Really, unless you want to kill some super-heavy tanks that are too big and slow to dodge, there is no benefits.

And the sound designer.

>inb4 all of the dynamite explodes and Yukari still stands there because of carbon coating.

Likely the reason why Pravda doesn't use Katyushas (yes, there were some mounted on fully enclosed tank chassis), or KMM doesn't field a Panzerwerfer, Sturmtiger or "Howling Cows" mounted on tanks.
You simply can't aim with them.

Tell that to the Karl

Reminder that the Universal carrier is a great tank

Erika, Yukari, Arisa, Erwin and Rosehip are shit

And here we have a display of bad taste.

>Replying to him

When will we get the Shimada Sisters playing for the same school?

She's only good for bullying anyway.

Happy to learn it's a success.

The Karl only got there by MEXT guys cheating anyway.
Also, historically it couldn't even reload by itself.

Where did Arisu end up going to after leaving Oarai?

Yeah well its not like its real life. Certain artistic license has to be given. And Saori's book did have the Stumtiger and other art tanks in it so they must have at least those for the University Team.

Sturmtiger would be 100% legit in Senshado, though.
It was fully enclosed and it could reload by itself instead o needing the aid of a loading vehicle. Just very slowly and by opening up the hatches, which would make it very vulnerable in the process.

youtube.com/watch?v=LPc4ABEZiJY

In "Commanding the Red Army's Sherman Tanks" the author actually describes firing a katyusha battery directly at friendly tanks in order to sweep German infantry off the position. The tanks were undamaged.

No one knows but I'd like to think she went with her sister to Jatkosota

Any new translations?

Would Erika be a good wife and mother to our daughter?

I don't know too much about these kinds of deals, but why the hell would they do that? Did they honestly think the movie wouldn't sell?

no

The kid would be raised to glorify Maho, drive tanks and have alot of alligator plushies, i assume.

Please let there be an IS-3. Why can't Pravda get the good stuff.