Hunter x Hunter

Will Togashi condemn us to another week of a boring fucking cockroach chapter or will something interesting finally happen in this godforsaken series?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13713437
youtube.com/watch?v=nTCQCH_4OOM
hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen#Quantification_of_Aura
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's face it, it's gonna be cockroach chapters till the new hiatus starts

Next chapter will be another nen teaching.

Is the cockroach shit, the new "Octopus trying to trap an lobster in an elevator" meme?

Fightfags had the time of their lives last year, fuck off

>Chrollo vs Hisoka
>Good
An absolute waste of chapters and time. I would've preferred Togashi introducing the troupe and Hisoka again in another way.

I was talking about the endless shitposting that happened during it, I don't care if you enjoyed it or not.

Cockroach chapter was fantastic. If you can't appreciate the subterfuge focused chapters of HxH then I honestly question why you're reading this manga.

Pitou is the best and cutest girl

where the fucks are the spoilers

>noticed the cockroach and not the queen being absolutely 10/10
literatim HOMO GAY COCKMONGLER or just summer time underage?

No one cares about girls here, post best boys

Cockroach chapter was literally nothing that could not have been summarized within 3-5 pages. Besides I wouldn't even batted and eyelash about it if wasn't for fact the most of content thus far has been generally stale. For fuck's sake nen is being rehashing onscreen for the gordrillionth time when that panel time could of went to more character development.

Man that chapter was amazing. The episode did it justice too.

If the shitposting affects your enjoyment this much maybe you could just avoid reading the threads.

No new Ging content.

This arc is literally Yorkshin 2.0, remember the arc where the main characters spent a couple of episodes bartering.

Even when getting blown to pieces in a fight he had 0.00% of winning, Hisoka is still best boy.

>tfw no Illu-nii-sama

I love Togashi's obsession of details.

Why are Hisoka and Illumi so hot? Did they met at a gay bar? What does Silva think of his son's relationship with a gay killer clown pedophile?

Where the fuck is 368?

So which Zodiac do you want to see going all out against spiders of some other threat?

I hope it never comes out, tasteless fucks wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

What do you mean?

Best one of course. I guess he wouldn't be busy with the monkey as Beyond wouldn't try to get out this early.

>This arc is literally Yorkshin 2.0
Absolutely not. Even when Yorknew switched to the Gon and Killua money segments it didn't drown us with back to back chapters of repetitive information and little plot progression.

>repetitive information and little plot progression.
please do provide examples

Saiyu, because I want to see his fighting style and how his monkey technique works. I like Mr. Cow, but honestly I'm thirsty for some real action and characters dying. Penalty cards don't lend towards that.

Man I hope he has some razor type of power level

Not him but i just reread that chapter and there was:
>Tubeppa's guard being introduced
>Oito finally being able to use the stolen ability
>demonstrating nen in front of all the other guards
>Ben's soldier being tricked into believing he knew Bill's ability
>Kurapika announcing his plan to teach nen to every guard
>Oito starting to spy on other princes
No way he could have fit all that shit in fucking 3 pages. Also you make it sound like they explained nen in detail again when it was all skipped, there was like half a page where he quickly explained to the other guards what nen beasts are.
This is some dumb shit you're saying user.

This mini arc started at chapter 343. 7 unrelated chapters were given to the Hisoka/Kuroro fight. So, in 17 chapters a lot has actually happened for the succession war plot, imo.

>Being appreciative of boring content written by a hack that should been ages ago

She means that we have had Theta explain Nen to Bateman. Pika has explained Nen to Monk Man. Pika is currently explaining Nen to Reverse-Trap's crew. Pika could soon be explaining Nen to every Prince.

We, who already know Nen, find this somewhat tedious.

Are you retarded? I was clearly talking about the Hisoka vs Chrollo shitposting from a year ago, and I didn't say anything about it affecting me.

But we have yet to reach the inevitable slowdown as action builds up to the climax

I guess I am I didn't double double check and thought you were talking about the cockroach chapter. My bad user.

Continuing from last thread:

This poll's query, so we can put to rest in the argument in this thread: What would happen if Baise successfully kissed the King?

Really the question could also be "Are Manipulator's abilities affected by power levels?" or "Can a character be too strong to be Manipulated?" or variations thereof. But I think the Baise and King example is the easiest to state.

What would happen if Baise successfully kissed the King?
strawpoll.me/13713437

I only ask, because last thread there were a lot of retards arguing. I was one of them.

I won't post this again, unless I do.

I love nen so much I don't see that as a problem. I guess it is just being set up for crazy 'Oh my rubber nen' moments are are coming.

This picture always makes me feel so uncomfortable. Dude looks like a baby. Dude has a six-pack. I don't know. Why always gay?

>Theta explain Nen to Bateman
We don't see that
>Pika has explained Nen to Monk Man
We don't see that either
>Pika is currently explaining Nen to Reverse-Trap's crew
He actually makes a point of demonstrating it instead of explaining it, that was the entire point of the chapter

I'd like it if we were getting new insights into Nen, but it's mostly just condensed stuff we already know. But, with Bateman's Nen ascension looming, we're likely going to get something spicy. Whether it's more about geniuses or about ancestral Nen or what. I'm ready.

Hunter X hunter is not a type of series where you can bullshit your way through. Wasn't using potclean part of the plan to kill the king?

Can Chrollo steal the king's ability?

He doesn't have nearly enough fanart so I keep posting the same ones. He a cute though, enhancers always act like babies anyway.

>Wasn't using potclean part of the plan to kill the king?
No, it was just meant for Youpi. The plan to kill the King was always to separate him from the RG, bring him far away and detonate the nuke there.

I don't even think Silva gives a fuck about any Illumi's life so long as he clocks in for work in the morning.

He gives me an emitter vibe though and considering his baseball bat. I want razor 2.0

Why would you post that?

>it's mostly just condensed stuff we already know
I just skimmed through the chapters since the end of the hiatus and literally all of the times a character had to explain nen to someone who didn't know about it were skipped save for two panels about conditions and pledge. You're complaining about nothing.

>skimmed
Inb4 speedreader

Enhancers and Emitters are really quite similar in Hisoka's scale.

It's fine user, it happens.

That makes sense and would be more interesting. I forgot how similar emitter and enhancer personalities were according to Hisoka's test.

That shit barely even came into play too, he gave it a detailed explanation just for something that ultimately gave Ikalgo a few seconds so he could reach the control panel.
I think Togashi has read some naturalist authors because they also tend to go into autistic detail about mundane stuff.

How come when Shalnark uses his needle on people that it kills them after he's done but it doesn't kill himself when he uses autopilot?

Because I'd like Illumi to torture me like that. Here, have a cute one.

>it kills them after he's done
Do we know that?

Well we always see the people he uses it on drop dead after he's done with them.

I though it was Illumi needles that ultimately kills the host

Shalnark is a typical spider sociopath so he uses his 'toys' until they break.

By the way, Shalnark said his skill wasn't special. Is using needles to control people a typical manipulator skill?

If Kurapika's strategy to reach a stalemate is to offer every Prince to learn nen, how will that play out for Bateman and Theta? I can see Bateman being interested but i doubt Theta would agree.
Also how come neither him or Bill has seen Woble's nen beast, is it wandering somewhere else on the ship?

When have we seen that? I only remember that one dude in Yorkshin but i'm pretty sure he was shot dead

Controlling people in whatever way possible is the typical manipulator skill, the only manipulator I can think of who doesn't control other people is Morel.

There's Kalluto, also isn't Shoot a manipulator?

You've got to use something. Needles are pretty easy because you just jab. And Manipulating humans seems like the best use for Manipulation unless you're comboing it with Emission.

It could just be wandering, or it could be that worm we saw awhile back. Would make sense since Woody was sucked dry by a Nen Beast.

There's some outliers like Kalluto and Shoot. Even Ikalgo's is pretty weird.

We only saw him using the ability on normal people and himself. People without Nen probably can't resist the attack and die after being freed.

Squala, Leech, Cat Emperor Time Gorilla Man, and Kalluto don't control people.

Although Gorineu can teleport people with his apes, so it kind of counts.

There was some user from about a week ago who said that he would draw a HxH/mononoke crossover at my request? Are you still here, drawfriend user?

More?

No.

>100 chapters into the DC, they get to Don Freecss
>cue tournament arc

I'd be happy to see some fights and to know the hiatus-ridden corpse is finally put to rest. But I would be platinum mad for the rest of my life. A man cannot stand two Raizens in one lifetime.

yes

Izunabi is really handsome, easily best HxH daddy, I want more of him.

This is so cuuuute!!!
Gon has some nice Converse.

Machi is objectively the most beautiful HxH girl now that Pitou is no longer alive.

yeah, they're a pretty adorable duo

youtube.com/watch?v=nTCQCH_4OOM

>Are Manipulator's abilities affected by power levels?
No, that's the main advantage of Manipulators.

Do you like YYH or HxH more?

I always say that YYH has the better anime (with an excellent English dub that makes the anime even better because it makes the dialogue livelier) and that HxH has the better manga.

>control multiple people with group text
That phone really was an amazing medium for Shalnark's manipulation.

I don't think manipulator abilities are affected by power level, but what it takes to activate their ability may be affected by power level. In Baise's case I don't think she could activate the ability on Meruem, simply because I don't believe that she could get her aura into his body even by kissing him. The aura of the manipulator has to actually enter to body of their target, and I don't think her aura could get past his unless he let it. Similarly I don't think that either Shalnark's antenna or Illumi's needles could pierce his aura to enter his body.

Every single category gets stronger the more you train it. Nen is supposed to represent the results of hard training, dedication, conviction and talent, not some random superpowers that are given to you.

>Can Chrollo steal the king's ability?
No.

So you un-ironically think that Manipulation is the only category that is completely worthless to train in, because putting 1 point in there automatically makes you able to control anyone.

>The aura of the manipulator has to actually enter to body of their target,
This is true.

And it's why manipulation will always be affected by power level. If Shalnark or Illumi want their needles to penetrate a very tough opponent (a monster with a thick skin or a very strong Enhancer) they must use Shu. And Shu is an Enhancement technique. There's no way their 40% could penetrate Pitou (no one gets to penetrate her except me), Pouf, Youpi or Menthuthuyoupi.

>that is completely worthless to train in
Are you retarded? Why would it invalidate training? You think you can be a good fighter if you are not good at the basics and stuff? And who would let you fulfill your conditions without doing anything?

>togashi could have ended this shit at the election arc
Doesn't he have the $$$ set for life too? I guess he still loves being mangaka

Spoilers come in in 5.

>Are you retarded? Why would it invalidate training?
If Manipulator abilities are not "affected by power levels" (according to you) then there's no point in training in Manipulation. You can just be a Transmuter and train whatever you want and still get a Manipualtion ability to work by putting a mere 3 points (2.5) in that category, which would work just as well as Illumi's because it's unaffected by power levels.

He really does. He's even releasing a new one shot in Jump. Another guy is doing the art though.

How does this make you feel?

You are retarded indeed. "nOt being afffected" by power levels means that there is no way to resist it once the Manipulator has fulfilled his conditions, and it's for a certain type of manipulation abilities, Shoot or Porcupine have different ones. The fact that you say that a Transmuter should focus on this knowing the Nen compatibility try makes you even more retarded. Illumi or Shal would be unable to control Meruem because their needles can't penetrate his skin, but Baise's works with a kiss, it would work assuming she manages to come close enough and kiss him.

Why would they rank hxh? Hisoka is back confirmed.

It means literally nothing to me. Togashi is the Lynch of manga authors, he doesn't need sales to be a legend.

>HxH is 9th in this week's TOC
So?

don't really care

>In Baise's case I don't think she could activate the ability on Meruem, simply because I don't believe that she could get her aura into his body even by kissing him.
Actually we still don't understand the mechanism that governs manipulation. Given it's proximity to emissions we can assume they are projecting their aura to some capacity, but then you have cases like Illumi and Morel who pre-program their commands into objects that aren't connected to them anymore. Plus if is correct all it takes is completing the conditions.

So for Shalnark you are correct, he needs to pierce his opponent. But for Baise all she has to do is steal a kiss and she has control because that is her condition and it disregards physical durability.

>because putting 1 point in there automatically makes you able to control anyone
>putting 1 point
Do you even Nen? It's not a point based system, you need to train an ability from the ground up. To make an ability still takes months of training, plus you still have the affinity of your categories to deal with and your personal tendencies. And while it's easy to know what having a less than 100% affinity for something like emissions or enhancement does, we don't really know what less than 100% affinity for manipulation means outside of "poorer control" so someone like Netero who has the worst manipulation affinity has to tie each movement of his boshivda to his own movements 1:1.

So let's see, my argument

>All Nen categories work similarly and can scale based on how hard you train your Nen (and can get exponentially stronger in power with the right restrictions etc.).

Your argument:

>Manipulation is a special category but only if you use it in a special way (manipulating other people), otherwise it's not special.

>It's not a point based system
hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen#Quantification_of_Aura

I guess your brain was fried like Gon's when Knuckle explained it.