In your opinion

in your opinion

was re zero a masterpiece?

Love it or hate it, but you cannot deny the impact it has had on the industry.

What the fuck impact?

It was the first anime since code geass where I gave a fuck about the protagonist.

were you living under a rock?

I like it so yes.

no
it was another time loop show but this time none of the characters were likeable or interesting

It's unfortunate that you've only seen 2 anime.

is this phrase a meme? It has to be, right?

Not him but what impact?
Surely you're not stupid enough to attribute the rise in isekai to re zero, right?

yeah user everything was just a coincidence indeed...

Moving everyone in agreeing that "MC gets transported into fantasy world" is a bullshit overused argument

Do you even understand how long production for shows take?
Most of the isekai that came after it was already in production or planning before re zero even aired you idiot.

isekai has been popular since fuckin digimon dude

>look mom i'm so cool i just said someone watched 2 anime!!

Just read the first volume of the LN. Sup Forums made me expect it to be shit, ended up being super fun.

except it wans't. Digimon was popular, Isekai wasn't
re zero made isekai what it is today

That's my point.
Why are you replying to me?

What's the point of making this character a trap? Is the repressed homosexual demographic that big?

>Digimon was popular, Isekai wasn't
oxymoron. there's been isekai nearly every season for two decades.

I only read 25% of the words of people's posts in re:zero or madoka magica threads

if you think there's at least masterpiece every season then yes

So you're gonna ignore all the isekai between Digimon and re shit?

I never watched it, I just like the cat trap.

Hell no, it was enjoyable but is far to be good. Overused cliches and forced drama.

Re zero wasn't the best show of its season

bit gay

ReZero was a 5/10 show that inexplicably became massive. I am still baffled at how popular it got.

The reason starts with Red and ends with dit.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, anything that can get me to give a shit about the source material and start reading it is alright in my books.

>this denial

Literally MADE for BBC

You can't post this without the screens

Yes. I genuinely love this anime.

You're right, it was the best show of the year

based

You're lucky that I can't be bothered to open up the chart for that season and list at least 5 better shows. Re Zero was so fucking awful it took me an entire year and several beers to get through it all.
God I wish I could drop anime after I watch the first 2 episodes

i'm not lucky, you are just on denial

Should I stop at episode 15?

where's the "yes, a masterpiece of shit" user

yes, a masterpiece of shit

Absolutely not

But it was SAO that started the current isekai boom

Absolutely not.

The first couple of episodes before the mansion and Ram/Rem is introduced are completely forgettable. A lot of anime has some of its best moments in the first episodes, and it's refreshing for that to not be the case honestly because it's always a letdown when a series is frontloaded, but it's also not particularly good that re zero starts with more than one complete throwaway episode. The villain that's introduced at length doesn't matter at all and the fight scenes are well animated but generic.

Once it gets on focus and starts centering around characters who are actually relevant to the plot and Subaru playing detective to find the best path through his multiple deaths it gets pretty interesting, but again every time it introduces a sideplot it drags. The cast of characters at the mansion are all interesting, well designed, and you want to know more about them. They've got interesting personalities and interact in interesting ways. The cast of characters outside of the mansion almost all forgettable and there are way too many of them. The worst scene in the entire tv run is where they get all of the candidates for the royal election together in the same room and they all take turns introducing themselves. Thankfully this only lasts one episode and it gets back onto the main storyline with Subaru and the mansion cast, but you know all of these characters are coming back and ugh. do they have to? fuck

Felix is good though. One of the only side characters worth a damn, and Crusch is kind of necessary for his character to exist so I guess she's alright too

Considering how many memorable moments and memes it created, I guess it was at least not complete shit.

CATFAG PLEASE STOP

So he can marry Crusch without them being lesbians.

Julius? Wilhelm?

idk about novels, but manga part is around 5/10, too many unrelated characters that we do not know anything about. And what about anime... Well, it's too bad. Shitty OSTs, terrible animation (but more Ferri).
Anyway, as an idea - i like it

Yes.
fpbp

By ruining it a little more and bringing another batch of closetfags??

Nearly dropped it because it was just
>Protagonist cries and bitches 24/7, then suddenly gets a revelation
>Literally a whole episode of bitching and crying where they just talk talk talk talk talk
>Anime ends with him being with worst girl
>The "groundhog day" mechanic was neat at first, but became really boring and annoying and predictable when Subaru would die again

What's up with these catfags today?

I wanted the boypussy the fuck off the screen.

I hate to say it but it was kino

>isekai without game mechanics and protagonist becoming overpowered
>even if you consider his death reversal "cheat" he has no control over it and can't abuse it easily
It wasn't even close to masterpiece, but I hope that its popularity will inspire people to abandon these two things

Many isekai should abandon the harems too. Make it between the MC and 2 girls at most. Like with Subaru/Emilia/Rem.

To be honest, it was my only reason to read this shit. And i was really disappointed about Ferri's character. It's too unrelated and episodic.
Anyway, after all I was interested to read this

Ferri is a msaterpiece of trapness.

>normie meme trash
>masterpiece

JoJo Part 4 was the best of Spring 2016, then Mob took the spot in Summer. No place for Re:Zero there.

So, umm, is Subaru supposed to be a relatable NEET/shut-in character? Because if he is, then the author failed. He's a completely plain and average guy, albeit a little naive and childish.

what's a masterpiece for you?

It has its moments but I wasn't invested enough to care about it after it ended.

I would fuck this cat girl.

based

Read this and your opinion of his character may improve.

Serious question: why does the catboy wear catgirl clothes? Did he say anything about it in the light novel?

no but it was enjoyable.
i used to skip the slow parts because they were predictable and slow
hated the election arc or white whale arc at all, loved the mansion arc the most.

That's not Ayamatsu user.
Ayamatsu full season when?

Subaru jumping off the cliff as Rem chased him was the apex of the anime, prove me wrong.

oh yeah

>isekai without game mechanics and protagonist becoming overpowered
There are dozens of shows that do this way better, and don't have the Groundhog mechanic to completely undercut the whole 'not overpowered' aspect
Just a reminder, socially-challenged perma-NEET Subaru made friends with almost every single major player in the kingdom, with only the most bare minimum of diplomacy skills. You can't really say Subaru exists in a position of weakness in this setting

GATE came out like a year earlier and that was already putting a spin on the genre.
Wasn't SAO the first normie isekai anyway?
And I am sure Konosuba and Overlord too came out before Re:Zero

Crusch started to wear men's clothes when they were kids, so because Felix loves her, he wanted to support her cross-dressing by starting to wear opposite gender clothes himself so Crusch wouldn't feel lonely. Crusch also says that the clothes look good on Felix. They both are still cross-dressing. The uniform that Crusch wears is a men's uniform.

These things are from here

>Y-you're lucky I'm running away from this argument!
Not even a Re:tard but you are pathetic